The Fierce Girl

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

“FIRE!” The gunshots were deafening. After a few seconds of initial fire, already some bodies were crowding the floor, making it impossible to run, to hide or to move. Her hands never trembled, yet her heart was almost breaking her ribs due to its fast beating. She pulled the trigger as a man approached her. A father, a son, a cousin, a brother, she pulled the trigger. The man’s body fell on the floor, lifeless, she had hit his forehead in some twist of destiny. She gasped, the gun in her hands trembling as she saw the blood coming out of the man’s head.

“Don’t!” Jiyong screamed at her side, touching her arm. “Don’t hesitate, don’t think. Just shoot your way out!” Chaerin nodded, gulping as he shoot another person, another father, another son, another man. She took a deep breath, it wasn’t the first death on her hands. She had done it before, but never with a gun.

Ironic, how one bullet started all her misery, all this tragedy, this mess. She was just normal at the beginning of that year, a young lady aspiring to be someone in life. Now, the cards were spread, and she was far from that Lee Chaerin who had two jobs and a small apartment in the most crowded area of Seoul. But more ironic than that was the fact that now, the gun that fired that first bullet was the one in her hand, the one she was using to end the story of other people.

“That way!” Jiyong yelled, quickly pushing her back. She didn’t bothered in looking where he was dragging her, she just followed his lead. He was panting and sweating, yet she couldn’t feel any shivers in him. Far from her, who was shaking madly due to the adrenaline on her body. She looked up, trying to focus on where Jiyong was running to. It was the hallway that led towards Sooman’s office. Chaerin tried to stop, but Jiyong’s strength outnumbered hers, making her unable to even pull his arm.

“NOT THAT WAY!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. Jiyong stopped abruptly, panting, his eyes narrowed as he looked at her.

“We have to go.”

“There’s no way out there. That’s my uncle’s office.” She said, and a wicked smirked formed on Jiyong’s lips. She gulped, fearing what he had to say.

“I know.” He said, his voice dark and sinister. She shook her head slowly, but he had already turned, now just walking. His body was moving sensually, almost as a jaguar preying on his victim. His left hand was kept at his side, hardly holding his gun as his right hand went to the doorknob. Chaerin took a deep breath, preparing mentally for what was inside.

Jiyong finally opened the door, his face forming into a frown as he put his gun on his pants and walked inside. Chaerin crooked her head, following him inside. She put a hand on the wall, balancing herself as she peeked inside the room, the gun held tight on her hands.

“Youngbae, I found her.” Jiyong said softly, one hand on his ear. She crooked her head once again as he moved to the center of the office. Her eyes widened as she realized what was inside. Tied and battered, Kikwang, Taemin, her aunt and another woman sat on the couch. She quickly moved inside, touching Taemin’s cheek. His eyes were closed, but he was breathing.

“Oh my God.” She said, quickly untying the ropes. “Jiyong, help me.” She begged as she fumbled with the ropes. Jiyong quickly went over her, lifting her shirt a bit. “What the—”

“The dagger.” Jiyong said, getting the dagger from her belt. She narrowed her eyes, then nodded as he quickly cut the ropes from Taemin’s body. He fell to the front, and she quickly grabbed him, patting his face.

“Taemin? Hey baby, hey.” She said softly as Jiyong continued to cut the other’s free. Taemin moved his eyes a bit, then opened them, looking at her. He blinked several times as she caressed his cheeks.

“What the hell are you doing here?” He said, quickly holding her face between his hands.

“Getting you out.” She said. Taemin shook his head, looking to the side, towards Kikwang. He was still out.

“No, NO!” Taemin said, shaking Kikwang, then shaking his own mother. “Chaerin you shouldn’t be here.”

“What’s going on?” Jiyong said. Chaerin looked at him, her eyes frowning as he was holding the petite woman’s face, trying to wake her up.

“It’s a trap. They want you Jiyong. Why the hell you had to come right here?” Said Taemin as he tried to stand up. “They want to kill you.”

“I’ll kill them first.” Jiyong said, but Taemin shook his head.

“What’s your weakness Kwon Jiyong?” Taemin said, then grabbed Chaerin’s arm, pointing a finger at her. “They will kill you through her. Two birds down with one bullet.”

“They can’t.” Jiyong said, now lifting the petite woman’s body. Chaerin tried to understand what was told, but everything on her body kept focusing on Jiyong’s hold on that woman. It irked her mind, scratching her brain, trying to figure out who she was and what she was to him for him to touch her so gently. “I have her, they can’t get her.”

“Do you think that would stop them? They got Kiko so easily, tortured her and only God knows what she told them. All because she was close to you. Now she’s useless, guess what, she’s also dying.” Said Taemin. Chaerin narrowed her eyes, looking at her cousin using all his strength to keep standing up.

“It won’t happen, Lee Taemin. Stop getting anxious over it.”

“Mind you, Kwon Jiyong, but this is my family, my only family. If something happens to you, Chaerin won’t survive it.” Jiyong smiled, then looked at Chaerin with tender, loving eyes. Eyes that told her how much he loved her, and how much he cared for her. She tried to smile back, but his next words punched her heart so hard, she felt it falling on the floor.

“She will make it.”

“W-What’s going on?” Another voice said, waking Chaerin from her painful trance. At her side, Kikwang was waking up, so was Misook. Both hers and Chaerin’s eyes met, and Misook quickly stood up, stumbling, to reach her. Chaerin extended her arms, inviting her to give her a warm hug.

“Oh my dear Chaerin. My dear Chaerin, so much, so much.” She said, hugging Chaerin tight. “Your dear mother has been so worried. Thankfully she’s away, away from all this mess. It’s up to you and me to fix this, my dear baby. We will fix this.” Misook continued. Chaerin scoffed involuntarily.

“Kiko, hey, are you alright?” Jiyong’s voice said, and Chaerin quickly pulled away from her aunt’s embrace to look at Jiyong, who, to her despair, was caressing the woman’s cheek. Kiko looked at him, a weak smile appearing on her lips as she shook her head.

“I never thought it would be you to come pick me up. I thought you had forgotten me already.” Kiko said, her voice low and hoarse.

“I would never.” He said, helping her stay up. Chaerin couldn’t take it anymore, and amidst everything that was happening, she cleared . Jiyong looked at her, his eyes into a frown.

“Is she your sister?” Chaerin said. Kiko laughed sarcastically while Jiyong raised an eyebrow.

“What? I have no sisters.” Jiyong said. Chaerin nodded, glaring at him.

“You said she was your sister.”

“When?”

“The picture on your apartment’s wall with her. You said she was your sister.” Chaerin said. She had intended to sound calm, but her tone was more accusing than calmed. Jiyong’s reaction made it worse.

“This is no time for a jealous episode. Save it.” He said, his voice menacing. Chaerin’s eyebrows rose, and opened a slight bit. It was a y move, and she was the biggest of them all.

“We met a few weeks ago.” Kiko spoke, approaching Chaerin. Chaerin, however, ignored her. “I’m Kiko.”

“Save it.” Chaerin said, walking towards the door. The rage in her veins was blinding her reason, and she walked out of the room without properly looking what could happen to her.

“CHAERIN!” A scream made her jump, and she looked back. Taemin was running towards her, but Jiyong had already reached her, pushing her out of the way. A big explosion made her cover her ears as Jiyong’s body covered hers from the damage. She felt all things falling around them, but none of them hit her hard. Wood, glass, iron, everything near the door flew all over the place, falling everywhere.

“St-upid.” Jiyong muttered, coughing as he moved away from her. She lifted her head, looking all around the place. Everything was wrecked, and all of them were all over the place, covering their heads and bodies.

“Are you guys alright?” Taemin said, dragging his body towards Chaerin. She quickly nodded, but Jiyong’s coughs hadn’t stopped. She looked at him. His back was facing her, but she could still see the blood coming out of his mouth as he tried to drag his body away from her.

“Jiyong?!” Screamed Chaerin as she went towards him, holding his shoulders.

“I-I’m fine.” He said, pushing her away. Her hand landed on his side, and she felt the sticky and warm sensation of blood. She quickly looked at her hand, and the terrifying thought came true. Her hand was all red, covered in Jiyong’s blood.

“No you’re not. Let me see.” She said, trying to move him, but he pushed her once again away.

“No!” Jiyong said. She tried to insist, but her body was moved harshly to the side, and before she could process everything, Youngbae was already aiding Jiyong.

“The happened?” Youngbae said as he tried to sit Jiyong up. Jiyong chuckled, cleaning the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand.

“I’m telling you, I’ll die because of a woman.” Jiyong said. Youngbae chuckled as he lifted Jiyong’s shirt up.

“Ah, this one’s nasty.” Youngbae said as he took out a bandage from his bag. “It’s still in.”

“Well, take it out.” Jiyong said, all in all, avoiding Chaerin’s eyes.

“Chaerin!” Taemin said, and Chaerin quickly looked at him. He was helping Misook tend to Kikwang. “We need your help.”

“What happened?” Chaerin asked as she went over them. Kikwang was, just as Jiyong, badly injured. Kiko, who was sitting next to him, continued to shake her head no, trembling as she murmured over and over again ‘I’m sorry’

“Sorry for what?” Chaerin asked, but Kiko shook her head, hugging her knees.

“He saved me.” Kiko said. “No one saves me, no one cares about me.”

“Kiko, stop.” Jiyong said. She looked at him, trembling.

“Take me out of here.” She told Jiyong, her voice begging, in agony. Chaerin bit her lips, looking down at her bloody hands.

“I will.” Jiyong told her. Youngbae had finished bandaging him, and now, he was trying to stand up on his own.

“I want this all to end, take me out of here Jiyong, please.” Kiko begged again. Jiyong nodded, looking at Chaerin.

And she looked back. Could she be mad at him? Could she be jealous of his relationship with that woman? The answer was no. She couldn’t.

“I’ll go find the dragons.” Jiyong said, holding Youngbae’s shoulder. “Taemin, take care of them for me.” Taemin quickly grabbed Chaerin’s body as she tried to stand up. It all happened in a matter of seconds. Her body moved on its own as Jiyong turned away from her, and he knew it was going to happen, they all knew.

“NO! JIYONG!! NO!” Chaerin yelled over and over again as Jiyong limply walked out of the office accompanied by Youngbae. “DON’T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!”

“Lee Chaerin!” Jiyong yelled from the door, glaring at her. She stopped struggling to look at him, tears falling from her eyes. “Don’t do this, don’t go mental because I am not there. Your family needs you.”

“No, Jiyong no—”

“I am not finished!” He yelled, and she stayed silent. “Stop crying and yelling because you’re not a little girl anymore. Get up and fight. I do not love the weak Chaerin. I love that woman that walked into my company and confused Gummy with a receptionist. I love the Chaerin that told me to off when I pushed her limits. I love the girl that told me that she came to audition, not to show off her wardrobe. I love that fierce girl, where is she? Where is that Lee Chaerin? Bring her back!”

“I-I will…”

“Good, because that’s the woman I want to greet when I come back. So listen to me, stand up and fight, fight for that girl that swept the great G-Dragon off his feet the first time he saw you. And Lee Chaerin, don’t forget that Kwon Jiyong loves you more than anything in this world.” And with that, he walked away, leaving them behind. She gasped, shaking her head no as her hand went over .

“Come on, we need to leave.” Taemin said, patting her shoulders. She nodded, trying to keep in the sobs that were building on . Chaerin gulped, taking deep breaths as the sobs escaped little by little, but she force them all inside.

“Can we make it out of this?” She asked as she straightened herself. Taemin, who was taking a gun from the desk, shrugged.

“I doubt so.” He said, loading the gun. “We’re outnumbered.” Chaerin nodded, looking at her aunt.

“We need to leave. All of us.”

“We won’t be able to, Chaerin. The Dragons are here, these men, this used to be Jiyong’s little army. They are the best of the best, picked by Jiyong himself. There’s no way out because Jiyong trained them.” Kikwang spoke.

She looked back, at the destroyed door where Jiyong had walked off, and let out a sigh.

“There’s a way out, but only if it’s us.” Said Taemin. Chaerin shook her head, now looking at him.

“I can’t leave him there.” She said. “He will die.”

“We will all die if we don’t leave.” Taemin said, followed by a cough. She looked at them, her lips quivering.

“You guys leave now.” She said, slowly touching Kikwang’s hand. “Leave before it’s too late for you.”

“We can’t leave you here, Chaerin. You’re family.” Kikwang said. She nodded, caressing his hand.

“And I love you, but I love him, too. Please understand that.” She said softly. Kikwang looked at her firmly, but she could see a tear falling from his eye as he nodded, slowly letting go of her.

“You’re not staying alone.” Spoke Kiko, slowly standing up. “I owe him far too much to just simply let him die by himself.” Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Come back safe to us, Chaerin.” He said.

“What? Are you leaving her? No!” Taemin fought, but Kikwang held him firmly. “No Ki, we won’t leave her. Chaerin, you’re coming with us!”

Chaerin turned around and walked away from them, followed by Kiko, searching for Jiyong, searching for her beloved. By now, he must be fighting with a few men, panting and sweating while Youngbae assisted him. She walked towards the main lobby, intending to help them, trying to make his weight lesser.

They both reached the main lobby, where people were still fighting to death. It seemed that the Dragons were coming by groups, and the battle seemed like a never ending one. There needed to be a strategy, otherwise, they would all die there.

“I’m going in.” Kiko said, taking a machine gun from a corpse next to her. Chaerin nodded, taking out the golden gun that Jiyong had given her. She gulped, lifting her arms and shooting a man running towards Kiko. Kiko looked at her, winking her eye before punching a few other Dragons on the area.

Chaerin moved towards the stairs, where a bunch of people were crowded. At the center of them, Jiyong was fighting like she had never seen him. His body moved swiftly as he avoided almost every hit given to him. He was unarmed, but it didn’t stopped him from having the advantage. She took a few steps closer, but to her disdain, he noticed her, and his eyes crossed hers, making her stop cold. The eyes she feared glared at her, the eyes of the monster, telling her to stop.

Since the beginning, she knew he was there so save her, not to stop the war, not to save himself but to save her. She knew she was dead weight for them, that her presence would make him weak. But what she was looking at now wasn’t weakness. That monster wasn’t weak, he was strong, he was fearful. He was determined in killing every single soul in that place, with or without her presence. Because that man that came out whenever he was in danger wasn’t Kwon Jiyong, that man was a Dragon in a man’s meat suit, controlling every cell on Jiyong’s body. She didn’t made him weak, for that Dragon, she was nothing more than another person fighting the same cause.

But she also saw fear. Even if his eyes were menacing, telling her to stop and turn around, she also saw a fear that was eating him alive. I am strong, Jiyong.

“GET HER OUT!” She heard Jiyong’s voice at the distance. It took her a second to process what was going on. Her arms were being held, and before she knew it, she was being dragged away from the crowd. Jiyong’s menacing eyes were becoming distant, slowly being hidden by the crowd as he continued to kill every person that crossed his path.

“Kikwang!” She heard a voice calling. The person holding her was keeping a tight grip, but even if it was a strong one, it didn’t hurt her. He was being delicate enough to keep a good hold without injuring her arms. “Kikwang, let’s go!” But that voice was oddly familiar. Painfully familiar, almost as if hearing a ghost’s voice calling names and holding her.

Was she hallucinating? Was she dead? “Jonghyun?” She said softly, turning around to see his face. Her heart jumped and her eyes got teary as she saw the fierce face of Kim Jonghyun dragging her away. “Jonghyun, you’re dead.”

“What?” He said, finally looking at her. “Are you ok?”

“They said you were dead.” She said. He lifted her up, carrying her petite body as he hurried outside.

“I am not, as you may see.” He said, rushing out of the place. She didn’t know what to do, what to say. He was there, holding her body, taking her out of the place as Jiyong was left inside with his own army of mercenaries.

“But Jiyong—”

“He asked me to protect you, and I will protect you. Chaerin, let’s just leave this place.”

“But he will die.” She said, making Jonghyun stop. He put her down, and she looked at him intently. “He will die, Jonghyun.”

“I’m sure he will do everything in his power to come out alive.”

“But—”

“JIYONG!” She heard a yell. Her body moved on its own, and she turned around, looking at the mess of a mansion they have made. Her eyes widened in pure fear, in pure agony as the most dreaded nightmare came to life. And she could do nothing to stop it from happening.

“NO!"

 


Author's Notes: SO! Next chapter is already done, so if I get a lot of comments and stuffs, I WILL UPDATE IN A FEW HOURS.

So, make it rain dears, MAKE IT RAIN!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥