Realization

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

Panting, hissing and almost growling, Jiyong held the gun high on his hand. His body was trembling, his legs shaking uncontrollably, but he remained composed. His anger and desire to torture taking the best of him as he looked at the smirk of his enemy, plastered on his face like a reward.

“The odds are against you. Why would you be laughing?” Jiyong said, almost in confusion as the man continued laughing at his face.

“What difference do you think this will make, G-Dragon? I was already dead.” The man said. Jiyong kept unmoving, glaring at him as the sentence sank in. “You’ve nothing against them. You will die, G-Dragon. This is the end.”

And he pulled the trigger. His mind was going blank, circles and circles of endless memories ran through him as he panted, trying to regain his composure.

“Jiyong?” He heard Youngbae, but he couldn’t quite process him besides him. He kept looking at the corpse of Yang Yoseob in front of him, bleeding until death took him completely. “Ji?”

“Let’s go.” Jiyong said, shaking his head as he walked towards the car. His head started throbbing, the adrenaline slowly fading, making him fall down from his high. The drugs were leaving his body, again, and the painful sensation came back.

“Jiyong, stop.” Youngbae said, trying to catch up to him. But Jiyong didn’t stopped. He continued walking until he reached the car. He stopped, looking at his reflection on the window. He wasn’t the great G-Dragon anymore. He was nothing.

A thin line of blood was falling from his nose, and he frowned, cleaning it with the back of his hand and looking at it. It was there, it wasn’t his imagination. Probably because of the excruciating headache he was having, probably from the consumption of the drugs. He couldn’t tell, but the blood was there.

Youngbae stopped at his side, looking at Jiyong’s hand, frowning. “You should have stayed and finish your treatment, Jiyong.”

“I’m fine.” Jiyong assured him, opening the passenger’s door hastily. Youngbae went towards the driver’s side, getting into the car quickly.

Jiyong’s nose kept oozing out blood, and he rested his head back, holding a napkin over it to avoid a bloody mess on Youngbae’s car. “It’s not stopping?”

“Must be the .” Jiyong said, his voice hoarse. He cleared his throat and continued to press the napkin on his nose.

“Should we go to the hospital?”

“I ing said I was fine!” Jiyong grunted, then panted as he felt his head throbbing madly. He was dizzy, nauseous, and even felt tremors inside. Everything was shaking, almost as a terrible detox, only that this time, he wasn’t detoxing. “Just get me back home.”

“As you wish.” Youngbae said, his voice showing his anger. Jiyong chose to ignore him as he tried to concentrate in not feeling any pain.

Truth was, he was feeling like his limbs would fall off his body any minute now. Like his head would burst open, his skin would melt with the burning and his heart would stop. He wasn’t feeling ok, he was far from alright. Must be the drugs.

Unfortunately, the pain was becoming unbearable, his head wouldn’t stop throbbing and he was certain his mind would give in to unconsciousness soon. He was losing too much blood, the bleeding wasn’t stopping. He tried making pressure on his nose, but the blood kept coming out, now even going down his mouth. “Bae.” He said, his voice too nasal, almost incoherent.

“Ji? Jiyong what the ’s wrong?!” Youngbae said, quickly pulling to a stop. Jiyong quickly opened the door, spitting out blood. His face was now covered with dark blood as he helplessly tried to clean himself, all to no avail. “!”

Youngbae was now in front of him, aiding him with the cleaning. “This is way too much.”

“I’m fine.” Jiyong muttered, still spitting out clogs of blood. “I’m fine.” But he was far from fine. His head started to feel light, his vision becoming blurry. “I’m—”

And he fell on Youngbae’s arms, losing his consciousness completely.

 

Everything turned into slow motion, lights over lights going on and off. His eyes were still a little heavy, and his arms and legs felt like they weighted a ton. He tried to speak, to move, to look around to see where he was, but he couldn’t. He was far too weak, his mouth feeling sticky, apparently from the blood he was losing. Jiyong started coughing, and for a moment, he felt like dying from it.

Air, that was what was missing. His chest started to burn, a heavy sensation on it. He yelped, trying to take a deep breath to no avail. An agonizing, low shriek came out as he made an effort to sit up.

“Mr. Kwon, please don’t move, we’re taking you into the trauma care. Relax.” A woman said, holding his chest down.

“W-W-hat…” Jiyong tried to talk, but his throat was burning, and something was forbidding him from talking.

“Oh no, he’s going out.” A woman said, and the lights stopped moving. He looked up, chocking on something as he realized with disdain where he was.

A hospital.

“G-Get me out.” He managed to say, chocking, holding his throat. A nurse went over him, holding his head back, straining his neck as she hyperextended it.

“Start ventilation, now!” The woman said, and another one put a mask over his face. Jiyong resisted it, moving his head to the sides, but the woman, the nurse, was holding his face in place as the other started to force air down his throat.

It was the most horrible sensation he had ever felt. His chest heaved up, his throat burned and opened, and everything in between felt like falling out. He started to cough profusely, and the nurse holding his head moved it to the side, and he opened his mouth, trying to catch his breath. Only to find that a clog of blood fell out of his mouth, followed by a stream of fresh blood.

“Prepare the blood transfusion, now!” The nurse said, holding his head steady as he continued to puke out blood. He lifted his hand, holding on to the stretcher as he tried to regain composure.

“Ventilate!” The woman yelled, pushing Jiyong back, holding his head as the other nurse put the mask on him. Again, she forced the air within, and he felt like dying from the sensation.

“Stop!” He said between pants and shrieks. The nurse looked at him as he lifted a hand, signaling her to stop. Chocking to death with the clogs was better than to feel the burning sensation the forced air gave him. “Stop.”

“Mr. Kwon, do you know where you are? Can you listen to me?” She said, removing the mask from his face. He took deep breaths as he nodded.

“Kwon Jiyong, can you hear us?” Another nurse said, and he nodded again, putting a hand over his face as he tried to clean his mouth. The hand came out bloody, and he rolled his eyes.

“Kwon Jiyong, have you been under the influence of heavy drugs?” Another nurse said as she held a tablet on her hands. Jiyong nodded again.

“Y-Yes.” He said, his voice hoarse, forced.

“Can you tell us which ones?”

“He’s been poisoned, before.” Another voice said. Jiyong lifted his head, only to rest it back down as he saw Choi Jonghoon walk in. “I’m his doctor.”

“Doctor, he was brought here with a massive bleeding. He came unconscious.” The nurse briefed the doctor, and he nodded.

“Jiyong, did you overdosed again?” The doctor said, but Jiyong quickly shook his head.

“I didn’t.” Jiyong said. Jonghoon frowned, hitting the stretcher lightly.

“I told you to lay off the drugs, Jiyong. I ing told you to stop using them.”

“I didn’t overdosed.” Jiyong said, but Jonghoon glared at him.

“It doesn’t matters. Your blood’s liquid at the moment. Everything could cause you a hemorrhage. Jiyong, you haven’t recovered from the blood poison, and yet, you left the hospital against my orders.”

“You’re not my boss.” Jiyong said, struggling to sit up. He looked around. The place was filled with dying people, all connected to tubes and lines. He was in the trauma care.

“What were you doing before the bleeding?”

“A job.” Jiyong simply said. Jonghoon frowned, crossing his arms. The nurses were looking at them with confused looks, but they remained professionals, still connecting the lines towards Jiyong’s arms.

He stopped them, hiding his arms from them. “Don’t.”

“Mr. Kwon—”

“I won’t stay here.” Jiyong said.

“You will stay here. You’re in no condition to be out and about.” Jonghoon said, but Jiyong glared at him.

“I can’t stay in here. I have work to do.”

“Jiyong—”

“May I remind you who the I am?” Jiyong said. “May I remind you what the is going on outside of this walls?” Jonghoon looked at the nurses, then at Jiyong.

“No. There’s no need. Nurses, please leave us.”

“Jonghoon, things have changed. It’s madness out there. I can’t stay here.”

“Let your people—”

“I no longer have people on my side! We are alone! Choi Jonghoon, I appreciate your concern, but I cannot stay.” Jiyong yelled, and Jonghoon stopped talking. He let out a sigh and nodded.

“Fine, go.” Jonghoon said. Jiyong widened his eyes.

“What?” Jiyong said, and Jonghoon shrugged.

“Leave.” He said. It took Jiyong a moment to process the lack of fight from Jonghoon. “It’s madness out there. And Jiyong, Chaerin’s in danger.”

“What do you mean?” Jiyong said as he slowly stood up. Jonghoon looked at the door, the nurses were already at the counter, scribbling stuffs down. He let out a sigh and closed the door, locking it.

“I mean everyone knows you have her. And up to now, the Lee house is leading a search party, and someone’s told them about your apartment in Daegu. Jiyong, clock’s ticking, and if they find her, only God knows what they’ll do to her. You have to get her out of there.” Jiyong widened his eyes, already freaking as he went over the door.

“I-I need to make a call. I can’t make it on time.” Jiyong said. Jonghoon nodded, handing him his phone.

“Here, use this.” Jiyong nodded, grabbing the phone and quickly dialing Seunghyun’s phone number. After a few rings, Seunghyun answered.

“Hello?” He said, his voice hinting the curiosity.

“Seunghyun, it’s me, Jiyong. Take Chaerin away. Take her somewhere safe.” Jiyong said, frantically.

“What? What happened?”

“They know, they know I have her, and she’s in danger. Please, Seunghyun, protect her.”

“Where are you? Jiyong, is this line secure? Come on, don’t be impulsive. She’s fine, she’s sleeping right now.”

“She is now, but she will not be in the near future! Just do as I say and keep her away!” Jiyong yelled on the phone. Seunghyun grunted.

“Where’s Youngbae?”

“I don’t know!”

“Jiyong, calm down and listen to me. Right at this moment, you’re the most wanted person in the underground. That means it’s you the one in danger. Find Youngbae and get back here.” As Seunghyun said that, Jiyong stopped pacing around the room.

He looked at the wall, his eyes wide in realization. Seunghyun continued talking, but Jiyong couldn’t listen to him anymore as he slowly lowered the phone. He turned around slowly, looking at Jonghoon with a frown.

“Where’s Youngbae?” Jiyong said. Jonghoon frowned, crooking his head.

“He must be outside, filling some papers.” He said. Jiyong shook his head, still holding the phone tight on his hand.

“Who is the one spilling information?” Jiyong said again. His left hand went over his pant, touching slightly to know if his gun was still there. It wasn’t. He felt like the world was falling on his shoulders as he realized the obvious.

“I don’t know.” Jonghoon said, getting closer to him. “Are you done with the phone?”

Jiyong held the phone tighter, biting his inner cheeks as he realized how dumb he must be looking. “Since when?” He said, his voice low. Jonghoon crooked his head one more time, but his face wasn’t looking so innocent now.

“Since when what?” He said, though a smirk was slowly forming on his face. “Since when you’ve been watched?”

Jiyong was trembling inside, anger running through his veins as he finished the puzzle in his mind. The math was easy, an easy equation that he failed to finish. “It was you.”

“Yes, Kwon Jiyong, it was I.” Jonghoon said, now the smirk looked evil as he put his hands together. “And it is I the one who will bring the last heir back home.” Jiyong shook his head as he kept holding the phone. He was hoping, praying on his mind that Seunghyun listened enough to track the call and get Chaerin out, and also, send him back up.

At this moment, he was in a check mate. Chaerin was exposed, that phone call was already tracked, he was certain. Also, Youngbae was in danger, because by this moment, only God knew what happened to him. And he put himself in the spotlight once again.

“It’s not Daegu.” Jiyong muttered, letting the phone fall from his hands. He heard the screen cracking as it touched the floor. “So it’s not someone from my side.” Jonghoon smirked, shaking his head no.

“Oh, it is. It is someone from your side.” Jonghoon said. He walked towards the door, unlocked it and opened it. On the other side, Ok Kyungbae was smiling as he walked in, Kiko following him.

She was badly injured, her face was all bruised and swollen. She had dried blood on her face and arms, and her clothes were ragged. Jiyong held in his breath as he saw her, shaking his head no as he thought of the hell she went through.

“Inflict enough pain on an injured soul and it won’t take long before she starts to sing.” Kyungbae said as he grabbed Kiko’s arm. She gasped, her voice broken. He pushed her inside, and she fell on the floor, panting.

“I-I’m sorry J-Jiyong. I-I’m s-so s-sorry.” She cried, her head low. Jiyong his lip as he glared at Kyungbae.

“So, this is your plan? Murder everyone around me until I break?” Jiyong said, his voice slightly shaking in anger.

“Oh, boy. I can do so much than that. I am just having fun.” Kyungbae said, smirking. “But now my interest lay somewhere else.”

“You’ll never have her.” Jiyong said. Kyungbae smirked, holding out a tablet. He showed the screen to Jiyong, where a red, blinking dot was marking his apartment in Busan. He swallowed hard, shaking inside as he realized how careless he became.

“I think I already have her.” He said. “One simple call of distress and the place starts blinking. She’s sleeping, isn’t she? She must be worried about her family, about her dear young cousin. That guy’s hard to break, but he’ll come around.”

“You can’t do this.” Jiyong said, not even bothering in fighting. He already lost.

“I can and I will.” Kyungbae said, walking towards Kiko. He grabbed her arm and pulled her up. Jiyong wanted to kick him, but he was disabled. The poison Jonghoon put on him made him weak, and probably, he was dying on the inside.

“What do you want?” Jiyong said. Kyungbae shrugged.

“So many things, I wouldn’t know where to start.” He said, now going towards Jonghoon. “Boy, you’re amazing.”

“Thanks.” Jonghoon said. Kiko was crying as Kyungbae held her as if she was a ragged doll. That burned Jiyong inside with rage.

“I’ll leave now. I guess the lady here must be tired. Jiyong, I appreciated it if you came along. I want you to be part of the family reunion.” Kyungbae said as he walked out. “Don’t be late.”

Jonghoon walked towards him, intending to grab him, but Jiyong was quick to react. He punched him, making him fall on the floor. Jonghoon grunted, sitting up as he held his jaw.

“It was a serum, right? What did you put in me?” Jiyong said as he grabbed Jonghoon’s collar, punching him again. He didn’t know how he moved his left hand, but he did, and it was enough. The rage made him forget about any pain as he continued to punch Jonghoon. “What did it had?!”

”Atophan.” Jonghoon said when Jiyong stopped punching him. Jiyong stopped, widening his eyes.

“You son of a .” Jiyong grunted, punching him again, over and over again until Jonghoon passed out on him. His hand was covered in blood as he let go of Jonghoon’s body. Jiyong was panting, sweating and hyperventilating as he went out of the room, looking around the place. It was oddly empty, the nurses were gone, and there was no one in the place. It irked his inner sense of alert, and he looked around, grabbing a syringe and walking away from the place.

As weak and tired as he felt, he continued walking until he reached the front door and walked out of the hospital. Jiyong reached the road, where people were walking by, looking at him with raised eyebrows. He was, after all, covered in blood.

“Jiyong!” He heard someone calling him. Jiyong turned around, a sigh of relief escaped his chest as he saw Youngbae walking out of the hospital. He rushed towards his brother, hugging him tight, as if his life depended on it.

“I thought you were dead.” He said, not letting go of his younger brother.

“We have to leave Ji. Now!” Youngbae said, pushing him away, still holding on to his shoulder. “Chaerin’s in danger, so is the rest. They know where they are, and they are on their way.” Jiyong shook his head, still panting.

“I called Seunghyun, they must be getting out.”

“We have to help them. It’s going down now!”

"!"

 


Gily's Notes:

I have ZERO inspiration right now. >.<

I started writing next chapter but it's like giving birth to a pineapple... so hard!

Anyways, I am also working on this other story, it's not Skydragon, it will be a G-Dragon Feat. OC character. So far, I like it... 

I don't know if I should wait to post it, or simply never post it... lol! 

You guys tell me if you're willing to read another story from me, one that has no Skydragon on it (or does it?)

And also, don't forget to comment!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME WITH YOUR SILENCE!!!

*Goes to a corner and cries*

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥