Torture

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

“Hello.” Jiyong said as he stood up. She almost lost it, when he stood up. It took a lot of will power to avoid whining when Jonghyun let go of her hand and took a few steps forward.

“What’s all of this about?” Taemin asked, positioning himself at Chaerin’s right. She didn’t know how to stop staring at Jiyong. He was mesmerizing, keeping her hypnotized as he chuckled, looking down at his drink. He lifted it up, then held it high, taking a sip.

The next thing he did made her freeze in her spot. He reached back, taking out a gun from his belt and putting it on top of the table. They all did the same, except for Taemin, Jonghyun and her. “We don’t want to fight.” Jiyong said. Taemin nodded, reaching out for his gun and taking it out. He lifted it in the air, then walked towards the table, putting it down.

After him, Jonghyun did the same, and finally, she did. She saw Jiyong’s face turn dark as he saw she was carrying a gun herself. She cleared and took a few steps back from the table. They all did. It was like a ceremony, a dance, where all of them took cautious steps to let the other know their thoughts. Neither of them meant no harm.

“Why are we here?” Chaerin asked. Everyone looked at her, and for a moment, she felt she did something wrong. She was so used to remain silent whenever her male family had a meeting, or were simply talking. It was how she was raised.

Jiyong, however, smiled at her as he sat back down, gesturing them all to sit. They all did. “I have been betrayed.” Jiyong simply said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow. “And I want to apologize.”

She remained silent as he looked down at his hands, and she noticed, with a heavy heart, that he couldn’t quite move his left hand. It was motionless as the right hand kept moving the fingers as he usually did. “I’m glad to see you’re ok, Chaerin.” He finally said. She felt her heart stopped beating, finally realizing how much she longed for him to say that. But she couldn’t cry anymore, she had to be strong.

“Thank you.” She said, nodding slightly.

“I wish I could tell you I also wanted to stop, but now, I seem to be unable in doing so.” He said, his eyes never leaving hers. And she didn’t bothered in letting them go. “As you may know already, I am a member of the Dragons since I was born. My father being the leader of them. As you can guess, I am the rightful heir of them.” He started explaining. All eyes were on him as he talked.

“Unfortunately, I have to admit I was a bit… off, for a while. In that time, I know I declared a war on your family. And I would be lying if I say I am sorry for it, but if I knew what I know now, things would’ve been different.

The Dragons used my state to take advantage of the situation. Truth is, they were keeping me numb in order for them to do whatever they please on my name. They betrayed me.”

“So?” Taemin said, raising an eyebrow. Jiyong chuckled, crossing his legs.

“It’s no longer my war, Lee Taemin. I wasn’t myself back then, and now I know, all the Dragons wanted was for me to disappear, allowing your family to kill me. That’s why I was admitted at the same hospital as Chaerin. That’s why the company had gaps on the security. That’s why the attack on Ellui almost claimed Seunghyun’s life, making us believe it was you who did it.” Jiyong said. “But you’re a tracker, not a mercenary. Seunghyun’s one of my best mercenaries, no one can just put a bullet on him unless they know his weakness.”

Taemin kept his gaze on them, but his face was softer. “I agree.” Taemin said. “I agree there’s something odd about all of this.”

“I know your family wants me dead, and I don’t blame you. I want myself dead, too. But before that, please help me take down the Dragons. Once they’re out, you can live in peace, and you may kill me too, if you desire.” Jiyong said. The rest of the room widened their eyes at him. It was obvious that his men didn’t knew his plan. For all Chaerin knew about him, he probably just lead without many details, and his men followed him, no matter what.

“You can’t possibly think–” Chaerin started saying, but was immediately cut by Taemin.

“Deal.” He quickly said. She widened her eyes, looking at him in disbelieve. Jiyong nodded, standing up.

“But before that, we need to know who’s with us, and who’s against us.” Jiyong said, grabbing his glass and walking towards the glass wall behind the lounge. “Chaerin,” He said without turning around.

“Yes?” She said, afraid to even speak.

“You used to work here, am I right?” He asked.

“Yes.” She answered shortly. Jiyong nodded, sipping on his drink.

“Tell me, is Yang Hyunseung particularly close to you?” He asked. Chaerin frowned, crooking her head slightly.

“Yes, he was a good friend of my father.” She answered honestly.

“Yang Hyunseung has been a friend of the Lees for rather a long time, Jiyong.” Taemin answered. Jiyong lowered his head, then turned around slowly. Chaerin noticed the dark expression on all the other men on the lounge.

“Just as I thought.” Jiyong said, walking towards the lounge. “I don’t think you knew, but Ellui has been ours since God knows when. Hyunseung claims to report to us. Also, he’s the younger brother to the man who’s currently running my company, YG Entertainments.”

Chaerin widened her eyes, taking a deep breath. “What?!” Taemin said, his body tensing up as he heard the facts Jiyong had put on the table.

“I guess we have a spy within us.” Jiyong said. “Daesung, bring him here.” Daesung stood up and grabbed his gun, leaving the room.

“I can’t believe this.” Taemin said.

“We will find out now.” Jiyong said, sitting down. Chaerin remained motionless as Taemin almost went ballistic next to her. He was as she was, bewildered, dumbfounded and confused.

She stood up, walking towards the window wall, looking down at the crowd of people dancing and enjoying their night. She longed to be one of them. Forget everything and simply dance her problems away. It was far too impossible now, but she kept hoping one day it will all be over.

Jiyong remained sitting, drinking as the time passed. She wanted him to get closer to her, but he didn’t, and she didn’t dared. The people started to get busy, drinking and chatting. The only people that weren't drinking was Taemin, Jonghyun and her.

After a while, the door opened slowly, and Hyunseung walked in, laughing with Daesung. He stopped cold as he saw who was inside the room, and made an attempt in running out, but Daesung stopped him, pushing him inside as he closed the door. Chaerin looked from her spot as all the men crowded him, pushing him towards a table and holding his head down, his arms back.

“Yang Hyunseung, what’s the hurry?” Jiyong said, holding his gun with his right hand. Yang Hyunseung was sweating, trembling as Jiyong got closer, his golden gun playing in his hand.

“J-Jiyong, what’s this about?” Hyunseung said, looking at Chaerin, at Taemin, then at Jiyong.

“That’s what we want to know.” Jiyong said, then signaled Chaerin with his left hand. “Do you know her?” Hyunseung bit his lip, closing his eyes as he shook his head.

“Please Jiyong.” Hyunseung begged, and Jiyong hit his face with the back of his gun. Chaerin jumped slightly, not being able to remove her gaze from the scene.

“I beg your pardon? I couldn’t quite hear you.” Jiyong said. Hyunseung coughed, spitting out blood. “Do you or do you not know that woman?”

“Yes!” Hyunseung yelled when Jiyong made an attempt to hit him again. “Yes, she used to work here a few months ago.” Hyunseung said. Taemin stood up, grabbed his gun and walked towards Hyunseung. Chaerin remained frozen as Taemin punched Hyunseung with his left hand while the right hand held the gun, pointing at his face.

“How could you?!” Taemin said, his right hand slightly trembling. “HOW COULD YOU?!”

“Is there anything you would want to share with us, Hyunseung?” Jiyong said, holding his gun as if it was a little toy. Taemin was fuming, his gun pointing directly at Hyunseung’s forehead.

“I’m sorry.” Hyunseung said, a tear falling from his eyes. “Forgive me.”

“Forgive you?” Jiyong said, looking at Taemin. “Tell me, Lee Taemin, what do you do with traitors?” Taemin was panting, enraged as Jiyong looked like he was enjoying the little torture too much. “Do you forgive them?”

“No.” Taemin said through gritted teeth.

“I for once, like to torture them. Squeeze the truth out of them.” Jiyong said. Chaerin closed her eyes slightly, biting her lip as she felt her heart racing. That face of Jiyong was totally new, scary, dangerous, yet it attracted her to a whole new level. He was fearless, strong, powerful, all she couldn’t be.

“P-Please…” Hyunseung begged, but Youngbae punched him, extending Hyunseung’s hand out. Jiyong set the gun down and grabbed a knife. It was evident his lack of movement on his left hand.

With the knife on his right hand, Jiyong went over to the table, putting the knife on top of Hyunseung’s pinky finger. “I want to know, Hyunseungnie, how much information have you spilled.” Jiyong hissed, forcing the knife down. Slowly, enjoying every second of it as Hyunseung started screaming his lungs out. Chaerin remained motionless as the monster within Jiyong was unleashed.

His face was filled with excitement, his eyes dark with madness as the blood oozed out, slowly cutting the finger out. Hyunseung screamed louder when the finger was finally cut out of his hand. The screams were deafening, but still, Chaerin remained motionless as Jiyong grabbed the finger, smiling wickedly.

“Stop, please stop.” Hyunseung begged, crying for dear life.

“Are you going to talk?” Jiyong said. At this moment, Taemin had lowered his gun, apparently knowing Jiyong had everything well managed. He walked back to sit down, looking at the scene, completely unaffected. Jonghyun was also there, now finally drinking slowly from a glass, looking at the scene as if it was the most boring thing ever. Chaerin couldn’t believe it. It affected her, made her all crazy inside with fear and guilt. How could they inflict so much pain so easily without being affected by it?

Hyunseung screamed again, and she jumped slightly. Jiyong was cutting another finger from his hand. In that moment, she remembered the murder she saw before once again. Everything so vivid in her mind. The masked man enjoying so much the torture, the killing, while she so carelessly tried to attack the murderer. She attacked him, punched and kicked him, and he had allowed her to. But after a while, he had knocked her out, and even if it was strange, she had woken up in Jiyong’s house.

Now it was all so clear to her. The murderer was no other than Kwon Jiyong. She had met the monstrous side of Jiyong. He had tried to protect her, but she was too dense, too stupid to make the simple math.

“TALK, HYUNSEUNGNIE, TALK!” Jiyong started screaming along with Hyunseung. He looked completely mental, laughing hysterical as Hyunseung continued to scream in agonizing pain.

“EVERYTHING!” Hyunseung finally yelled. Jiyong stopped at the third finger, his face into a cute, confused look.

“Everything?” Jiyong echoed, pulling the knife back. At this moment, Hyunseung was panting, sweating, crying and bleeding.

“Everything.” Hyunseung cried.

“Am I to assume Hyunsuk has also done the same?” Jiyong asked. Hyunseung nodded.

“Who do you report to?” Taemin asked. Jiyong looked at him, his eyes blank, then looked back at Hyunseung.

“Answer him.” Jiyong growled stabbing his hand. Hyunseung screamed.

“Sooman!” Hyunseung said, crying and panting. “Sooman and the Dragons.”

“Wait, let me do the math. Is Sooman with the Dragons?” Jonghyun said, his face confused. Hyunseung nodded.

“Please let me go.” Hyunseung begged. Jiyong was pouting, deep in thought.

“So you can go and let them know we tortured the truth out of you?” Taemin said. Chaerin’s mind worked rapidly. Taemin has added himself to them. She could see the expression of betrayal on his face, a feeling she shared.

“No, can’t do that.” Jiyong said, still pouting. He then walked back towards his gun, letting go of the knife and taking it. He walked back to Hyunseung and smiled. “Sweet dreams, Yang Hyunseung.” And he pulled the trigger. Chaerin jumped, putting a hand over . She couldn’t take it anymore, so she turned around, tears falling from her eyes as she trembled, closing her eyes tight.

“I can’t ing believe this.” Taemin muttered. She heard someone getting closer to her, then stopped. Chaerin bit her lip, slowly turning around. In front of her was Jiyong, looking at her with his head crooked, his face filled with splattered blood. She bit her lip, quickly cleaning her tears. He shook his head, lifting his hands, then putting them out.

“I’m sorry, you had to see this.” He said. His face was completely changed, from a mad man to a humble, adorable man. She nodded, and again, he made a movement on his hands, then let them hang lose. He was still holding the gun.

“It’s ok.” She managed to say. Jiyong nodded, biting his lips again, then turned around. “Dispose of the body.”

“Thank you, Jiyong.” Taemin said, walking towards him. Jonghyun went over to Chaerin, quickly embracing her as he walked her to the lounge. By the corner of her eye, she saw Jiyong looking at them with a serious expression. Anger went through his eyes as he bit his lips, nodding at Taemin.

“It was nothing.” Jiyong said, the humble, adorable man long gone. Chaerin took deep breaths as Jonghyun patted her back, forcing her head to be rested on his chest. She was now conscious of her movements, she could feel Jiyong’s stare on them, and she felt afraid.

“I never thought I’d say this, but I guess we’re on the same side, now.” Taemin said with a bitter voice. Jiyong nodded, letting go of the gun and extending his hand towards Taemin. Taemin shook his hand, nodding.

“So, about your father, what are we going to do?” Jiyong said. Taemin shrugged, sitting down next to Chaerin. She pushed away Jonghyun, and he nodded, resting his back on the lounge and letting go of her as Jiyong sat in front of them.

“I’ll let you know once I know.” Taemin said. Jiyong nodded, his gaze now fixed on Chaerin. She bit her lip, looking at him with longing. Yes, she wanted to touch him, to hug him, and even if she feared him a slight bit, she wanted him to protect her, to let her know that no matter what he did, she would always be his.

Lost in his eyes, she heard someone clear their throat somewhere, making her blink. She looked to the side when she felt Taemin standing up, looking at Seungri. “So, Daesung, can you hack into my father’s security at the Lee Mansion?” Taemin said, walking away from her. Jonghyun also stood up, following Taemin, leaving her alone at the lounge with Jiyong.

“Sure. With your help I might be able to do so.” Daesung said. Seungri joined them, holding a laptop on his hands. Youngbae and Seunghyun had left the room, taking Hyunseung’s body with them.

“I have my equipment installed on the other room.” Daesung started. “We could go there and–”

“That would be perfect.” Taemin said before he could finish. Chaerin looked at him with a confused look, crooking her head. He winked at her. “Jiyong, can I bother you with Chaerin’s care? She doesn’t likes computers that much, and she gets annoying when she’s bored.” Jiyong smirked, nodding slightly.

“Sure.” He said. Taemin nodded, holding Jonghyun’s arm and dragging him out.

“Whatever you need Chae, we’ll be close.” Taemin said.

“Next room, actually.” Seungri said. Chaerin nodded, still with a raised eyebrow as they all left the room, leaving her alone with Jiyong. He chuckled, crossing his legs.

“Subtle.” Jiyong chuckled, grabbing his glass. Chaerin chuckled, throwing her hair back.

“Yes.” She agreed. Jiyong nodded, sipping from his glass. Again, she noticed the left hand left unmoving at his side.

“I’m sorry.” He said suddenly. She looked up. He was looking at her warmly, apologetically, as he once looked at her when he thought he hurt her. And even then, he hurt me deeply. “I’m sorry for all of this.” He continued.

“I am, too.” She managed to say. Her heart was beating wildly. That night, she had been on a rollercoaster of emotions, and she had to admit she didn’t knew how much longer she could resist it.

“H-How… how is it that you’re alive?” Jiyong said, his voice faltering. “I saw you stab yourself. A clean, brutal stab. How are you alive?” She shrugged, smiling softly.

“I really don’t know.” She answered. “I really thought I was done for.”

“Why did you do it?” He asked, and she went breathless. “Why did you do this to me?” Chaerin crooked her head. His face broke her, and in that rollercoaster of emotions, she was on the verge of tears once again.

“I tried to save you.” She said. He chuckled, looking down as he shook his head.

“You killed me.” He said. She nodded.

“But I also wanted you to pay for what you did to me.” He looked at her, completely silent as an expression of understanding appeared on his face.

“Oh.” Was all he said as he set his glass down. She nodded, fidgeting with her fingers.

“But I regret it, Jiyong. I regret it with all my soul.” She finally admitted. He nodded, biting his lip as he rested his back on the lounge.

“I too.” He said. Chaerin bit her lip too, the sudden silence turning awkward. He was looking at her, almost as if debating what he was supposed to do. But who could blame him?

“W-What happened to your hand?” She finally got the courage in asking. He chuckled, lifting his left hand.

“Failed suicide attempt.” He said, chuckling slightly. Chaerin shook her head, her eyes wide. She wanted to ask why he did it, but she knew why. So she decided to remain silent as he continued to look at his hand. He was moving his fingers slightly, and by the look on his face, it was painful. “It feels numb, and it’s annoying.”

“When you cut too deep, the tendons get hurt.” She said, softly. He nodded.

“That’s what my doctor said.” He said chuckling. Chaerin lowered her head, looking to the side.

A moment after, she heard the fabric of the lounge moving, and when she looked up, she saw Jiyong walking towards her slowly. He was looking at her, his face indescribable. There was a mixture of longing, of pain but also happiness, of lust but also fear. Chaerin bit her lip as he slowly sat next to her, still looking at her. Slowly, Jiyong put his right hand on her cheek, caressing her, moving her hair back as he continued to look at her face.

“I missed you terribly.” He spoke, getting closer to her face. She gulped, her eyes locked on his lips as he slowly opened them, still caressing her face. He stopped just an inch away from her lips, his hand caressing her lips, then her chin and down her neck, then back up to her ear. She gasped, her mind going crazy.

“I’m sorry.” She muttered. He smiled, holding the back of her neck, his thumb caressing her skin. She bit her lip.

“I know.” He said and pulled her towards him, closing the gap between them. She closed her eyes, her mind going numb from all the emotions felt at the same time. And for the first time in a long time, she finally felt the emptiness within her disappear as his lips danced against hers, his tongue caressing hers. That was what she was missing, and as much as she feared him, the monster he became, she realized that it was the same man she loved. And no matter how much pain he could inflict, she could endure it all, because she loved him, because she needed him, because she longed for him.

 


Gily's Notes: SKYDRAGON FTW!!

UPVOTE, COMMENT AND GIVE LOVE TO SKYDRAGON!!

If you leave enough feedback, I might consider pushing in more intense Skydragon moments. I promise! BUT, only if I see some real interest in you my dears!

So, don't be silent! EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS!!

I am extremely excited about this!!

So, go go go! Leave feedback and don't forget to upvote if you are loving this so far! PLEASE!! Let's share this with other skydragon lovers!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥