Good Byes

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

“Say it again, slowly. Poison?” Seunghyun said as he gave Jiyong a bag of ice. Jiyong rolled his eyes, throwing his head back as he put the ice on top of his head. His nose was bleeding once again, but this time, it wasn’t as bad as the first time. But the headache was killing him.

“Yes.” Jiyong muttered, his voice nasal. “Poison, as if Killing-You-Softly poison.” He said.

“.” Seunghyun said as he sat in front of him.

“Let’s not focus on that, ok? Let’s focus on what’s important. Have you come up with a plan yet?” Jiyong said, exasperated. Seunghyun, however, simply shook his head.

“Daesung said they haven’t arrived yet.”

“What could be taking them so long?!” Jiyong said, trying to stand up. His nose ran once again, and the blood dripped on the floor. The dizziness threw him back, and he pressed the bag of ice harder on his face, holding the pain as much as he could. “I can’t die now, I need to save her.”

“Stop talking about dying. No one’s dying, ok?!”

“I hope I got her pregnant, at least.”

“What?” Seunghyun said as he raised an eyebrow. Jiyong shrugged, removing the bag of ice and grabbing a napkin, stupidly pushing it up his nose.

“If I die, I want to leave something behind.” He said. Seunghyun rolled his eyes, scoffing as he crossed his arms on top of his chest.

“That’s stupid.” He said. Silence was followed. Neither of them knew what to say. Jiyong wanted to thank him in so many ways, wanted to let him know how much he meant for him, yet he couldn’t make himself sound happy and grateful. He was distressed, not knowing about Chaerin’s whereabouts was worst that receiving the poison itself.

It was painful, yes, his body was aching and his blood felt hot in his skin, yet nothing seemed to bother him more than not being able to have her by his side, protecting her.

“GUYS!” He heard Daesung yelling from the other room, and he stood up, storming into the room where Daesung was.

“What?!” Jiyong said, standing in front of the monitor, looking at the images of the surveillance cameras. In there, he finally saw her being dragged into the mansion. The anger rose as they pushed her so hard inside she almost fell.

“There she is.” Daesung said. Jiyong clenched his jaw and balled his hands into fists as he saw the men touching her and pushing her. She was being mistreated, and that was enough of an insult to him. Their death was coming soon, he swore on it.

“Follow her.” He hissed, and Daesung nodded, typing on the keyboard. They walked her down a hallway, and the cameras followed. She was being held by two men while other six followed them. He also noticed the heavy security on the place. It seemed like it was doubled since the first time he watched the surveillance cameras on that mansion.

“It’s going to be hard.” Youngbae said.

“By far I don’t see any blind spots.” Seungri said.

“We won’t be able to see blind spots on the cameras. They’re called blind spots for a reason.” Seunghyun said.

“Right.” Seungri said.

“The security’s being doubled since 5 in the afternoon. A man roams the hallways every thirty minutes or so and there’s one man standing in every door, window and hallway in the place.” Daesung reported. Jiyong nodded as he continued to watch Chaerin being dragged into the hallway.

They stopped in front of a door, letting go of her. She quickly held her arms, cracking her wrists as she glared at them. She was in pain. Jiyong grunted softly as one of the man caressed her hair, pulling it behind her ears.

As expected, Chaerin slapped his hand away, and the man slapped her face. Jiyong jumped, fury now clouding his thoughts. “He’s dead.”

“Agreed.” Youngbae said. The man grabbed her arm and opened the door, pushing her inside roughly. Daesung tried to move the camera, but there didn’t seemed to be any camera on the room.

“I can’t get in.” Daesung said. Jiyong nodded.

“Must be her room.” He said. Daesung finally found the camera on the room, but the image was damaged.

“She messed with the surveillance on her room.” Daesung said, and for the first time, Jiyong grinned.

“Good girl.” He said. The man that pushed her inside didn’t locked the door, he simply walked away, leaving one man guarding the room.

“What should I do now?” Daesung said. Jiyong continued looking at the screen, narrowing his eyes.

“Wait thirty minutes.” Jiyong said. “That same spot.”

“Okay.” Daesung said, resting his back on his chair. Jiyong crossed his arms, intently looking at the screen without moving.

Almost forty minutes later, he finally saw the door moving, opening slowly. He smirked as she peeked out. The man standing at the door moved, turning around, but she quickly grabbed his neck. The man struggled, but she managed to take him down. To his own disdain, Jiyong saw how she quickly and efficiently broke his neck. Chaerin dragged the body inside of the room and got out again, looking at both sides before walking towards the camera.

“Wow.” Daesung muttered.

“I know her.” Jiyong said. Chaerin looked up at the camera and smirked, winking her left eye. “She’s on the move.” Jiyong announced, and all the men surrounded him in front of the screen.

Daesung quickly followed her with the cameras, watching every corner as she cautiously walked down the hallway towards the main living room. She stopped at one corner, hiding carefully behind the walls as a man walked in her direction. She took out something from her back and held it firmly on her hand. Jiyong noticed it was his own dagger, the Dragon Dagger, and she was holding it expertly, almost as if it was part of her own skin.

The man made the turn in her direction, and without hesitation, Chaerin buried the dagger on the man’s neck, then pulled it out, cleaning the blood with the man’s shirt. She continued her walk, and Daesung followed, until she reached the main living room. There was no one in there, and she straightened, looking around the place. She walked toward a pair of stairs, close to the wall, slowly, one hand touching the wall.

She crooked her head, and then she wasn’t visible. Jiyong narrowed his eyes, touching Daesung’s shoulder, silently urging him to find her. Daesung shook his head as he continued to switch from camera to camera, not being able to find her.

“She’s gone?” Seungri asked, but Jiyong shook his head.

“That’s our way in.”

“But where is that?” Youngbae asked. Daesung finally found her, standing outside, in front of a tree. She had her arms crossed, one hand holding the dagger casually as the other held her shirt. Jiyong shook his head, smirking.

“Where is the dagger pointing?” Jiyong said.

“What dagger?” Daesung asked and Jiyong signaled her hand.

“My dagger.” He said. Daesung opened his mouth slightly, then nodded. He started moving the cameras, but couldn’t find the exact place the dagger was pointing.

“I can’t see where she’s pointing.” Daesung said, and Jiyong smirked again.

“That’s my girl.” He said, and just then, she let go of the dagger, and it fell on the floor, point buried on the ground, and walked back to the mansion, disappearing once again from the cameras.

“I think that’s the back of the mansion.” Youngbae said. Jiyong nodded.

“That’s our way in. They are lacking in security, there was no one walking through that place, and it’s not caught on cameras. Daesung, you need to put the one pointing at that tree on loop, so we will be completely invisible.”

“That means I need to stay back to get you invisible.” Daesung said, and Jiyong nodded.

“I need you looping the cameras while we go in.”

“But then you’ll be down by one man. It’s dangerous. We are outnumbered with the five of us.” Daesung countered. Jiyong looked at him with a firm face, his eyes narrowed.

“There’s no need of a fight if you stay out looping the cameras. If they don’t see, they can’t attack.”

“But no one’s going to make you invisible once you’re in. If anyone happens to get in your way they will start fire.”

“And I am perfectly capable of firing back. Also, if you keep us informed, I don’t see the problem.” Jiyong said, his voice with finality. Daesung let out a sigh and nodded.

“Alright, I’ll loop you.” He said. Jiyong smirked.

“You had no choice.” He said, then turned towards Seunghyun. “If we can get Taemin out, don’t hesitate. But if not, don’t die trying.” He said, now looking at Youngbae.

“And Misook?” Youngbae said. Jiyong nodded.

“Same for her.” Jiyong told him, walking away from the room. “Be prepare, we leave in thirty.” And he walked out of the room.

 

His chest was heaving, his heart almost jumping out of his chest as he stared at the gates in front of him. All of them were already geared up, holding on to their guns. Jiyong held one long gun, strapped to his shoulder as his golden gun rested on the side of his belt. His face was made into a frown as he saw the guard surrounding the area, yet no one seemed to notice them getting out of the car.

“It’s clear.” Daesung said. Jiyong nodded, putting on an earphone. Youngbae stood at his side, zipping his jacket up.

“Ready?” Youngbae said. Jiyong nodded, holding his assault rifle tight.

“Can you all listen to me?” Daesung spoke through the receiver. Jiyong touched his ear and nodded.

“Yes.” They all said.

“Perfect.” Said Daesung. “Last round was about five minutes ago, the area is clear. You need to move fast. The moment you land, you will see the tree. There’s the welcome gift Chaerin left us. It is supposed to be signaling a door, or a window. That’s your way in. Once you land, I’ll start looping, so be fast.”

“Copy that.” Youngbae said, cracking his neck. “Let’s go in.”

Their feet made no noise as they landed on the grass, a little crouched to avoid any unnecessary attention. Jiyong straightened up first as he saw the tree where Chaerin stood and left the dagger.

“Looping in 3… 2… 1… You guys are completely invisible now. Don’t waste this.” Daesung informed, and they moved quickly towards the tree. The dagger was being illuminated by the lights of the mansion. Jiyong looked at it, then at the mansion, where a glass door was slightly opened.

“There.” He said. Seungri looked at the door and nodded, walking silently towards it. He peeked inside while Jiyong grabbed his dagger, once again feeling its texture on his hand. It wasn’t heavy, but it wasn’t light either. It was familiar, the familiar sensation of adrenaline mixed with regret he always lived with. It was part of him, part of his life, part of his curse.

Jiyong lifted his head, eyes narrowed, as he saw Seungri signaling them to proceed. He hid the dagger, then took out his golden gun, loading it before walking in. After him, Youngbae and Seunghyun followed, loading their guns as they reached the glass door.

“Clear.” Seungri muttered, slowly opening the door just enough for them to walk in. There was no one in there, which made it easier for them to breathe normally.

“We’re in.” Jiyong said on the receiver.

“To your left there’s a hallway by the stairs. That’s the way to Chaerin’s room. Right now the guard is patrolling the hallway, take cover.”

“Copy that.” Jiyong muttered, signaling the hallway. They all nodded as they moved towards the hallway. Youngbae lifted a hand, then quickly signaled them to take cover as the guard was fast approaching them.

“He’s alone, kill him.”

Jiyong took out his dagger, eagerly waiting for the guard at the corner of the hallway. The guard was whispering a song, oddly, a song Jiyong had written for Epik High. He shook his head as the guard got closer to him. Jiyong extended his arms, ready to attack, when another person called the guard. The man stopped right in front of Jiyong, turning around fast.

“Yes?”

“I need you to bring Chaerin to the office, boss’ orders.”

“On it.” The man said, then walked back towards the hallway.

“What the was that?” Jiyong whispered on the receiver.

“I am looping, can’t get audio. Apparently there’s more than one blind spot on the mansion. You need to keep your eyes open.”

“Great.” Jiyong said, scoffing as he signaled Youngbae to proceed. “How many close by?”

“Only those two. Something’s going on, so everyone’s gathering at the main office.”

“Our chance. Keep us informed, we’re taking her out now.” Jiyong said, looking at Seunghyun and Seungri. Youngbae was already seizing the guard getting away.

They all formed a line behind Youngbae, slightly crouched as Youngbae fast approached the distracted guard. He stopped in front of a door, whistling. Youngbae smirked, cracking his knuckles. The guard turned around, his eyes wide as he found himself in front of Youngbae. He was about to scream, but Youngbae grabbed him quick, punching his face countless times until he passed out. Jiyong smirked, quickly moving towards the door as he signaled Seungri the other man getting away.

Jiyong opened the door, peeking inside before opening it completely. On bed, Chaerin sat, looking at the window, her arms crossed, her legs too. She stood up abruptly when Jiyong opened the door wide. She was frowning when she turned around, only to soften her expression when she realized it was him.

“You made it.” She said, running towards him. He smiled wide, opening his arms as she landed on his chest.

“Of course.” He said, kissing the top of her head.

“Jiyong, we need to go. That old man knows you’re coming here, so they are waiting for you.” She said, pulling away from him. Jiyong nodded, looking at the door, where the others made custody.

“We found her.” Jiyong said as he touched the receiver on his ear.

“Leave now.”

“We’ve got company.” Seungri said, exasperated. Jiyong nodded, holding Chaerin’s arm as he stormed out of the room.

At the end of the hallway, a group of men were fast approaching them. Jiyong shook his head, looking at Youngbae. “Take her out, we’ll take care of this.” He said. Jiyong shook his head again.

“No.” Jiyong said, making Seungri glare at him.

“We came here for her, so take her out. We’ll cover your back.”

“NO!” Jiyong said, grabbing his assault rifle. He looked at Chaerin, handing her his golden gun. “Chae, Daesung’s waiting for us outside, just behind the tree. Go there, wait for me there.”

“Jiyong, you ride, I ride. You die, I die.” She said, checking if the gun was loaded. “I am not going anywhere without you.” Jiyong nodded, smiling as he grabbed her neck with his right hand, pulling her towards him.

“I love you baby, no matter what, please know you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” He said, pecking her lips longingly. She shook her head, touching his cheek with her left hand.

“Let’s not say good bye now, ok. Let’s get out of here alive, all of us.”

“Let’s do that.” He said, kissing her forehead, then letting go of her.

“Brothers, it’s been a pleasure sharing my life with you all. Let’s have some beers after this, alright?” Seunghyun said as he loaded his machine gun.

“I’m paying.” Seungri said. Jiyong chuckled, loading his assault rifle.

“Yeah right.” Youngbae said, his gun already in hand, pointing at the crowd fast approaching them.

 


Author's Notes: I know I said I was going to end this but... so many things left unsaid...

I can't wait to finish this...

Happy Reading ~

Gily ☻