Pilot

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

“You done with those lyrics?” Youngbae asked as he stood in front of the door. Jiyong scoffed as he continued to scribble down on his notebook. Nothing coherent had come out of his mind since he sat down. He looked up, his vision too blurry and his head too light for him to focus on who was talking to him. Rising an eyebrow, he grabbed the bottle of Whiskey he had next to him and drank from it as if it was water.

“Do I look like I’m done?” He hissed as he cleaned his mouth with the back of his hand. Youngbae shrugged and lifted his hands, entering the dark room that had become Jiyong’s room. He had redecorated the whole place, making it look somber and dark. Probably a phase, probably the new person in him. Jiyong cleaned his nose as he opened his drawer, searching for a little white bag he had kept in there the whole day. For some reason, it had bothered him the fact that he still had it there and hadn’t used it.

“How are you holding up?” Youngbae said as he sat down in a chair in front of the desk. Jiyong shrugged as he spilled the white bag on top of a mirror he had on his desk. Carefully, he grabbed a little knife and started to make thin lines out of the white powder. “I thought you quit.”

“Sure I did.” Jiyong said, smiling at the lines he had made, completely satisfied with his work. “But might as well start again.” He said and grabbed a little straw, bending over the desk and inhaling the powder. His nose itched, and he quickly put a hand over it, letting the drug enter his body in a flow of relaxing waves.

“It doesn’t do any good to you, you know.” Youngbae said, and Jiyong smirked, inhaling another line of . He held his nose, sniffing the remaining drug on it, then cleaning it up with a napkin.

“What’s the use of it, there’s nothing more I can give the world.” He said as he grabbed a joint, lighting it up and inhaling it. “I have lost it all, there’s nothing else I can give.”

“Oh Jiyong, stop this drama. You have a whole company to keep up, and the Dragons are now without a leader, it’s your turn to do the change.” Youngbae said, making Jiyong laugh hysterically.

“Do you think I care about that anymore? Look at me Youngbae, look at me.” Jiyong said, extending his hands, one holding the bottle of whiskey, the other holding the joint. “I am a mess, I want to be a mess. I don’t want any of this anymore, I don’t want to be a Dragon, I don’t even want that stupid company anymore.” He said.

“Jiyong.”

“All I want is to peacefully die along with my drugs and my alcohol. So please, be gone.” Jiyong said. Youngbae slapped the desk hard, making Jiyong laugh even more.

“It is enough, Jiyong. Do you think I will see you kill yourself like this? God knows how many drugs your body can take, or have took already, but I am not standing down to watch this. Chaerin did what she did for a purpose, don’t let it all go to waste.”

“And what the was her purpose? Make me suffer like a ? Hold me between her hands until she could squeeze my ing limbs and take my loins out? What the was her purpose?!” Jiyong stood up, almost losing balance as he glared at Youngbae. “Don’t you understand that this is over? She killed me! She took her ing hand and killed me!”

“This is not you.”

“No, it’s true, this is no longer me, this is the corpse of a man, this,” Jiyong said as he looked down at himself in disdain. “This thing is no longer what it used to be, she made sure she ended it. I told her, I ing told her what would happen, and still, she did. So cheers to that mothering that killed me merciless.” And another sip of his whiskey, running down his throat, burning him.

“She saved you.” Youngbae muttered. “She saved us all.”

“No,” Jiyong said, standing up, and even with all the chemicals on his body, he didn’t lost his balance. Standing straight, he stared into Youngbae’s eyes, almost burning within his skull as he so fiercely walked towards him. “She just started a war.”

“You’re insane.” Youngbae muttered as Jiyong walked towards his door. Chuckling, he slowly turned around, still glaring.

“And what are you going to do about it?” He said, an evil smirk plastered all over his face, almost telling the world how insane and evil he had become.

The corridors were empty, nobody seemed to be wanting to stay there. Everything had turned somber, and whoever came in, was made to either be alone or having to stand Jiyong. He himself knew that wasn’t easy. He had become unbearable to be with. No one seemed to want to be around more than necessary, and he liked it that way. For months, he had hidden himself within the Kwon’s manor, changing everything, firing everyone, killing everyone that went against him. So much had he changed, that only his mother and he lived in that manor. The servants were never constant, they couldn’t stand him either. The endless, uncontrollable parties, were unknown people entered and left, some stealing, some killing, and some even dying.

Jiyong walked through the corridors, his hand slightly touching the walls as he reached the stairs. His bare feet almost floating as he walked carefully through the cold ivory. Downstairs, he could hear his mates talking, and his eyes quickly narrowed. He wasn’t feeling the visits at that moment.

“Ji.” A man said from downstairs, and Jiyong, clearly feeling pissed, glared at him. “It’s been too long.”

“Sean, not the pleasure, what are you doing in my house?” Jiyong said, to which Sean smiled widely.

“The Dragons Ji, it’s up to you.” Sean said, making him scoff.

“Right, the Dragons.” Jiyong said, looking back at Youngbae, who was walking out of the room, fixing his jacket. “Let’s do this.” He said as he covered his chest with his coat and walked down the stairs.

As he reached the main floor, he cleared his throat, looking at all the people inside of the room. From the eldest to the youngest, every Kwon ally was there, present at the first ‘formal’ Dragon reunion. “Good evening.” Jiyong said, still high, yet it didn’t made him falter on his manners. His body was too high on drugs, he couldn’t feel anything, which made him, at his worst, the most unbearable man in the world.

“Jiyong, how have you been?” One of the eldest member said. Jiyong, however, scoffed and ignored him, walking towards the door that led to the dining room, where a long table awaited for them.

“Can we start this already?” Jiyong said as he opened the doors harshly. Everyone followed him silently as he entered the dining hall, making his way towards the chair at the head of the table. Without waiting for the others, he slumped down, holding a glass in front of him. A maid went over him and filled the glass with whine, and he sipped it hastily as everyone sat down.

“Well, let’s not make this longer than it should be.” Sean said as he spread a stack of papers on top of the table. “Now that Younghwan has passed away, bless his soul, we have Jiyong sitting on his position as the next heir of the Dynasty. Anyone against it?” Sean spoke. Jiyong looked at every men sitting on the table, glaring at all of them as they all agreed on him being their new leader.

“I am not against it, but I have something to say.” An elder man said as he stood up.

“Oh, Kyungmo, please tell.” Sean said, and Kyungmo fixed his tie, then his jacket.

“By birth, Jiyong’s the heir, and all of us are more than happy about him being the new leader, but I do worry about his well-being. Jiyong, are you alright?” Kyungmo said as he looked directly at Jiyong. Jiyong looked at him, his right index finger on top of his lips as the others hanged lose at the sides. He took a deep breath, grabbed the glass of wine and sipped it, then lifted his hand.

“Never better.” Jiyong said and set the glass down. Kyungmo nodded, holding his own and sipping from it.

“Then I will trust your words.” Kyungmo said, sitting back down.

“You should.” Jiyong said softly, soft enough to be heard, yet not forgetting to add the menacing tone on his words. He wasn’t like his father, he didn’t thought about earning the trust. Whoever didn’t trusted him should die, as simple as that.

“Another point we need to bring is the petition of the new member, Dong Youngbae.” Sean said. Everyone started to mutter their disdain over that matter.

“We can’t have that bastard child in our table.”

“He’s not good enough to be here.”

People said, making Jiyong bit his lip in pure hatred. As they all continued to say their thoughts, Jiyong stood up, taking out his gun and placing it carefully on top of the table. Everyone stayed silent as he set the knife next to the gun, both of them the legacy of the Kwon Family, the Dragon Dynasty. Jiyong sniffed and cleaned his already clean nose with his fingers, then walked towards the center of the room, looking at a portrait of his great-grandfather on the wall. “For centuries, my family had kept the name of the Dragons high.” He started saying.

“Since the samurai era, all of them kept their secrecy intact, doing everything they could to keep the territories in order, and the people in it.

My grandfather before my father, and my father before me. His passing was a terrible loss, we all feel that, yet, it happened, and we have to endure it.” Jiyong said, now slowly turning around to face the men on the table. “But we all know that, even if my father tried to keep the Dynasty together, he wasn’t a good man. And in his no goodness, he made a child out of wedlock, and that child happened to be Dong Youngbae.” He said, now walking towards his gun. He held it up, and looked at it.

“Even if his birth wasn’t of favorable means, he’s a Dragon, and he is my brother, and I will never stand hearing this bull about him. He is my brother, and when all of you gave me jobs that almost cost me my life, he was the one backing me up, covering my and healing my wounds. I thought being a Dragon meant being brave, yet all of you fail to be brave enough to do your own deed. That man you all say is not worth to be here has more bravery in him that all of you combined. He will be part of this table, he will be given the honor he deserves.”

“Jiyong, I, of all people here, agree that Youngbae should be sitting here with us.” Sean said, making Jiyong smirk.

“Yes, and he will be my right hand. My wing man.” Jiyong said, and Sean widened his eyes in disbelieve. “You were my father’s right hand Sean, but not mine. I don’t trust you. In fact, I don’t trust any of you sitting in this table. So, even if I don’t have the power to destitute every one of you, I have the power to move the chips like I desire, and Youngbae will be my wingman, like it or not.” He said firmly, walking towards the doors. “And, as your new leader, I have a command to all of you. There will be war, I want you all to prepare, and not just sit down and talk about it. You will all fight.”

“Against who, Jiyong?” Another elder said. Jiyong smirked as he looked at them.

“Against the Lee family. We have a score to settle.”

 


Gily's Notes: Woah! Short chapter, the Pilot. Yes!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥