16 > it's cold outside

Bratty Kitten

What now? What was Seungyoun supposed to do now? It had been two weeks since the incident. Since he had kissed his best friend three times, and went on to sleep next to Yibo. It had been fourteen days of confusion for Seungyoun, and it was affecting his very being. When he sat in class, his eyes stared black holes into the board, and his hand never moved to take down notes. When the teacher called on him, he shrugged his shoulders and didn't feel bad for getting in trouble because he was paying attention. Yet his marks during tests were okay, his performance in class dropped. Seungyoun was not himself anymore, he had too much time to think. When he got home, no one knew he was there. He would lock his bedroom door, and sit wherever he wanted. Lay on the bed empty minded until he fell asleep, or sit in the middle of the room until he was tried of it, he even laid there on the floor. He was wrecked, emotionally only. His brain was working fine, if it wasn't overtaken by regret and fantasy. Why was he so useless? Why did he have to hurt people? Why did he have to live? He couldn't find answers.

Fourteen days of torture.

Everyone was worried, nobody knew much of what to do. Yixuan kept calling him down for food, telling him to come get it when he feels like it. But he hadn't touched his food these weeks. Though he was eating, something, sometime. His older brother was troubled, because teenage angst was never something he dealt with. He still had to continue going to work, and was worrying about Seungyoun while he was there to. It was only a matter of days before something bad happened, and he wanted to help him. Wenhan was worried. He hadn't heard from him since he left his apartment two weeks ago. Was Seungyoun still in existence? Was Seungyoun hiding only from him? He didn't want to be the root of a problem, no, especially not a problem for Seungyoun. He wanted to help him, help him smile again, help him be comfortable. Wenhan cared the most, his mind revolved around his friend. Because to him, he was not a friend, but a reason. He was still the person he liked, because no one could compare to him. Yibo was another story, he was always with Sungjoo, not afraid to go out whenever he pleased. He was finally becoming a person, he was finally able to be with someone. Yes, he was with Sungjoo now, and he seemed to enjoy himself. But when the sun went down, and he dragged himself home, he sat in front of Seungyoun's room. He sat there hoping he would open the door for him, but it never worked. He sat there for so long, that he would fall asleep, and Yixuan had to carry the cat off to bed.

Seungyoun was someone everyone wanted to help, and he wasn't ready to accept this help.

Staring at the blank wall, Seungyoun blinked his eyes a few times. No one was here, no one would ever be here again. He let out a small laugh, because he was so pitiful. He convinced himself, alone was the only place he belonged. If he was alone, no one was able to be hurt, no one was able to say the wrong thing. Seungyoun was tired. Tired of hurting, tired of focusing on himself, tired of living a life of wasted emotion. He wanted to be passionate, he wanted to make other happy with his first choices. But no, no he was a mess.

He turned to look at the digital clock on his bedside table, it was nearly midnight. This would be a good time to go grab a snack while no one was home. He hadn't heard the tiny taps of Yibo's fingers on the door like he usually did, so he knew he was with Sungjoo. That bastard. He can have Yibo, he could care less. No, no that was a lie. He can't have Yibo, and that's why he was so distraught. Because he had him already. Opening the door, he peeked around the corner. No lights were on, so he quickly made his way down the hall and onto the steps. Food, and then back upstairs. That sounded like a good plan. So he went, rushing down stairs and opening the cupboards simply.

Seungyoun had forgotten what anything tasted like, and took a few minutes to grab something. In the end, he was eating crackers, and drinking water by himself in the cold room. When he turned his head, he saw there was a rain storm. He hated rain, it was pointless. It was like it mocked his sadness, it made him feel weaker. His whole existence was weak now. He heard a creak, and froze in his spot. Someone was coming, and he wasn't locked away. .

The door opened, and in walked a soaked Yibo. From head to toe, his clothes, hair and body were wet. His hair hid his eyes, as he managed to shake his shoes from his feet and let out a shaky sigh. Wiping rain from his face, he looked up and gasped. Seungyoun was here, he was out of his room. Yibo's expression fluttered between happy and hurt, and he could only watch from a distance.

"Seungyounnie..." He managed, swallowing the dryness in his throat and watching his movement. The student nodded at him, looking over his frame. Stupid cat would catch a cold, so he walked over and took a hold of his wrist.

"Go take a hot shower, put your clothes in the laundry, make yourself hot chocolate and sleep."

Yibo stared in awe, his hands reaching out for him. He wanted to hug him, but knew it may be wrong. If he was wrong, maybe Seungyoun would be mad like he used to always be. So he stayed still, listening to his words simply. But Yibo didn't want to be told what to do, he wanted to be with him. It had been fourteen days since he was able to hear his voice, and he wanted to hear it now. More words, warm words. When Seungyoun let go of him and turned to leave, he panicked.

"Seungyounnie! Please. Stay with me."

Now Yibo sat in the bubbly water, his back to the student. He made Seungyoun close his eyes when he took off his clothes, for many reasons. And being too embarrassed to look at him, he sat away from him. Seungyoun didn't care, because all he was doing was washing his hair for him. He understood Yibo didn't want to be alone. Yibo was spoiled with the gift of many people wanting to be around him. 

"Why were you so wet? Were you sitting outside in the rain or something?" He mumbled, squeezing shampoo into his hands and lathering it into the young boys hair. The cat remained silent, letting his hands run through his hair slowly. Yibo didn't know how to answer that, if he should be truthful.

"I was walking home as fast as I could, there was nowhere to hide. I'm sorry." Yibo whispered, glancing down at his pale skin beneath the bubbles. He was thankful the bubbles could hide him. Moving back a bit, he bumped his hip against the tub and winced. Tears pricked at his eyes, but he bit at his lip to keep them down. Seungyoun didn't notice, and was too busy massaging the product into the cat's pretty hair.

"Mm, I see. Next time bring an umbrella or something, you'll get sick." He took a hold of the shower head, patting the other on the shoulder softly. "Close your eyes so the soap doesn't get in them." His voice was soft, and Yibo was comforted by it. Nodding shortly, he leant his head to the side and closed his eyes just as he was told. When the warm water washed the bubbles out of his hair and down his body, he took a small breath. His cold body had forgotten the sensation. Seungyoun was busy washing everything out of his hair, even scratching behind his ears to ensure all the bubbles were gone. Yibo's ears perked up on his head, and he let out a soft purr. It was nice to be touched gently again. His tail peeked out of the water, and it swayed like it always did.

"Okay, now I'll turn around and you change into the clothes we already picked out." Seungyoun spoke, staring at the other obediently closing his eyes from the previous command. He couldn't help it, and pressed a gentle kiss against his wet hair. Then he turned around, and closed his eyes. Yibo sat there, his cheeks flushing from the feeling of him kissing his head. His eyes fluttered open, and he turned quickly. Seungyoun was doing what he said, so he was relieved. Standing up quickly, he reached for a towel and covered himself, everything. Scrambling, he dried his chest and slid on a dark shirt that was just a little big on him. Then continuing, he continued to cover his lower half when he put on his boxers, his eyes glancing up to look at the back of Seungyoun's head. He was so happy he was here with him, his heart was sure to explode soon. Then he put on pajama pants, using the towel to dry his hair the best he could.

"I'm done Seungyounnie."

Now Yibo laid in bed, his body curled around a pillow he was holding. Seungyoun was still in the room, closing the window and then the blinds for him. Humming to himself, he wandered over to the closet and opened it, taking out an extra blanket for the cat.

"Did you have a good day today?" Seungyoun asked, laying the blanket over him and stepping back to look at him. The cat thought about today, and cleared his throat. Lie? Or tell him the truth? What should Yibo do? What did Seungyoun want?

"I had a good day... I was with Sungjoo for a lot of it." Yibo giggled slightly, nuzzling into the pillow before smiling. Seungyoun nodded, turning on his heel and making his way to the door. It hurt to hear him say that, to see him act like that.

"Goodnight."

Seungyoun left the cat in the dark, but warm room.

Yibo's smile faded into nothing, soon turning into a frown. His eyes stared hard at the sheets, and his vision became blurred. He cried, silently, he cried. Because today he had lied so many times to Seungyoun, someone he only wanted to be truthful with.

He was a liar.

-

a/n : hello!

i know what you may be thinking.

what the hell is going on????!! > n < yes yes it is very confusing and the feelings are like getting hit in the face.

but- life is like that! o u o there is alot of hidden struggles in this chapter.

and omg yibo < / 3

you'll get the inside scoop next chapter.

why is yibo a liar? wait and see.

pls comment my beautiful cuppy cakes < 33 ^ ^