nine > let's love

Bratty Kitten

Seungyoun had never seen someone smile brighter than Yibo did at that moment. His whole expression softened at the sight that was the boy. He hadn't lied to him. Yibo, all in all was someone he couldn't find flaws in. With his smile brighter than the night sky on the night of a fireworks display, the cat boy lunged himself into the students arms and giggled. Still holding one of his hands, he leaned into his embrace and wrapped an arm around Yibo's back. He wondered if this was what it felt like to do the right thing, to be at peace with his own feelings. He could tell the cat was happy, as his ears perked high on his head, and his tail swayed lazily, brushing over Seungyoun's hand every now and then.

Inhaling softly, Seungyoun then realized that the cat had a certain scent. He hadn't noticed it in his own room, or on the blanket the boy brought everywhere. But it was subtle, like strawberries and rose petals. He decided it fit the delicate looking boy, and could only smile at the thought.

"Yibo's happy... I'm happy you think good things about me." The kitten now had his face buried into the nape of the others neck, gently nuzzling his nose against the fabric of Seungyoun's shirt. He couldn't explain how he felt right now, it was like everything had fit into place and the world could function properly. His heart beat obnoxiously in his chest, and Yibo didn't really get it. He hadn't felt like this before, not even once. He pondered upon the feeling, about what it might mean to feel this way when he looked at the student smiling, about what it meant that his whole world came crashing down when he stopped speaking to him.

"Yibo, can I ask you something?" Seungyoun whispered, pulling away from the cat to run his fingers through his blonde hair. The kitten hesitantly nodded, leaning into his hand and closing his eyes. Used to the affectionate movements of this cat, the male could only bite at his lip. He really wanted to ask something that might ruin how he saw Yibo, he didn't want to pity him but he needed to know. "Where were you before this? I remember you mentioning, Mommy... and I was just thinking about it." 

Yibo's ears threatened to flatten at the mention of said person, and he stepped backward from him. His eyes opened, and he stared hard at Seungyoun. He remembered him saying this from many days ago, and it intrigued him. What goes on in Seungyouns head was still a mystery to him. Yixuan had told him that Seungyoun was the type to say without thinking, but this sounded like it was something he thought of for a long time. So Yibo wanted to answer it fully.

"I was with Mommy. At her home, when I was very young. She raised me as a son, she was the first person to see me as a person. She took care of me, and our lives were not complete without one another." He paused, walking backwards and lowering himself to sit down on the edge of the bed. He slightly bounced as he dropped himself, humming in thought. He himself had to choose his words carefully, as he didn't want to ruin his composure. "About a month ago, Mommy went to the doctors for a check up. They found out something was wrong with her, and she had to take things easy." Yibo's expression faded, he was no longer happy, he was not even sad. The look on his face was blank, like a sheet of paper. "We were just sitting at home and she collapsed, a customer was there to pick up their clothes and they phoned the ambulance. They took her to the hospital, and she told me to be good while she was away." His ears flattened against his pretty blonde hair, and he stared hard and his knees. "Her grandson was supposed to take care of me, since I was left as a cat. I wondered what I did wrong, I really didn't know what I did wrong. But he threw me out of the door, saying a disgusting thing like me shouldn't be allowed in the house." It took him a few moments to realize that the warm sensation against the cold cheeks were tears, and he quickly moved a hand up to catch them. Sniffling, Yibo shook his head and smiled, it was forced and fake.

"What did Yibo do wrong? Why does Yibo deserve this treatment?" His breathing hitched in his throat, and he fell back onto the bed, wiping at his eyes desperately. "I know you're thinking I cry too much, but Yibo can't help it. What is Yibo's meaning in life? Why is Yibo still alive?"

Then it hit Seungyoun. He knew why he spoke in third person. He spoke in third person when he was unsure, when he was intimidated, when he was scared. The student knew Yibo was sensitive, but he only now understood what he had been through. His heart broke in his chest, shards of glass left behind with no way to be cleaned up. That's what Yibo was going through.

"Yibo..." Seungyoun approached him, suddenly afraid that if he touched him he was crumble away. His eyes wandered to look at his body, which was curled up halfway on the bed, his tail between his legs and his hair covering his sad face. "I didn't lie earlier, and I am not lying now." He took a step closer, sitting down on the far side of the bed and extending his hand. He gently combed the boy's hair away from his face. Yibo was even pretty when he cried, and the fact that he was, melting Seungyoun's heart. "You are perfect, you don't need to change. Because you never did anything wrong, some people are just bad people. I am a bad person, and the boy who threw you out was bad." He whispered, looking at him with a careful gaze. 

The cat looked up from the sheets, and shook his head quickly. Wiping the rest of his tears with his palms, he took a deep breath and crawled his way over to Seungyoun. He sat himself in his lap, and leaned his back against his chest. He then reached over and took hold his hands, intertwining their fingers once more and then holding them in front of him, as if they were supposed to be wrapped around him.

"Stupid, Seungyounnie is stupid." Yibo murmured, sinking into the fabric of the oversized sweater he wore. The student was taken back by the words, and raised a brow at him. "Seungyounnie is not bad."

"Seungyounnie is perfect."

-

a/n : CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO  JUST SEUNGYOUN AND YIBO HO.

o u o also. i will take your suggestions and add sungjoo in as a character that will cause many problems. tsk tsk.

but yeah, it'll be lots of fun < 33

can we appreciate how great the interaction in thus chapter is tho. hng. 

comment as always ~

ily.