23 > stop saying it will be okay. . . (FINAL)

Bratty Kitten

!!! TRIGGER WARNINGS - SUICIDAL THOUGHTS !!!

 

The minute Seungyoun read the note was the minute he felt himself snap in two. His eyes stared at the words in front of him, and his mind stopped working. The very fact that Yibo was not safe in his house made fear rush up his spine, and the fact he had chosen to leave him made his stomach curl up in to a disgusting feeling. He replayed all the memories in the back of his head, his eyes burning holes into the note before him. When Yibo would cry he would hold him and tell him it was okay, when Yibo would smile he would tell him he was beautiful, when Yibo was frustrated he would talk him through it, when Yibo doubted himself he went out of his way to make sure he knew how much he meant to him. But he didn't know what he did wrong, he didn't know what drove his precious boyfriend away from him. His skin went cold, his eyes glassy as he turned around the look at the door opening. Yixuan walked in like normal, because he had nothing to worry about, he had just returned from work. Seungyoun's lips froze in a straight line, and he stared at his brother setting his jacket down on the back of a chair.

"How was your day?" The older asked, glancing up to see the other, his brow furrowing at the dead expression he had. He'd never seen Seungyoun look so pale. Worried he was sick, he walked over and placed a hand on his forehead. "Are you feeling okay? You don't look so good Seungyoun..."

"Yibo ran away. He ran away from me. He's not here anymore. Do you think that's okay? Do you think I'm feeling okay? Do you think my life is great because he's gone? I bet that's what he thinks, he's so ing selfish sometimes, I bet he thinks I'll be just fine. But I'm not okay. This isn't okay!" Seungyoun backed up from his brothers touch, his eyes wet with tears as he shook his head. He knew he shouldn't speak to him that way, but he wasn't able to filter it out. He tried to open his mouth to say something else, but it just wouldn't come out, and he ran straight to the door. Yixuan was too understanding for his own good, the moment he heard what happened his heart softened, and he could only feel pity for the younger. Later he would probably yell at him for using this language but that was the last thing on his mind.

"Yibo did what?" by the time he turned around, Seungyoun had already ran out of the house, causing the male to panic. Rushing after him, he slammed the door shut and followed the rushing teenager. "Seungyoun! You don't know where he is! You can't just run outside expecting to find him!" Yixuan yelled after him, reaching him on the sidewalk and pulling his arm causing him to turn to face him. Tears streamed down the youngers face, and fear creeped into Seungyoun's watery eyes.

"I don't care! I want to find him! I'll find him, you don't know that I won't! I have to try!" Seungyoun pulled his arm away from his brother, well tried to. Yixuan held it tightly and stared at him.

"Get in the car Seungyoun. We're going to find him."

Seungyoun stared out the window, his eyes flickering around to ever corner and every house he could see. Every sign of movement and he was staring at it intently. They couldn't think of anywhere else the other could have went, so they drove to the hospital where Yibo told Seungyoun his 'Mom' was staying. Yixuan was carefully driving, while Seungyoun bounced his leg impatiently.

"You know me driving any faster isn't going to help anyone."

"I know. I'm anxious okay, can you blame me?"

"I never said that."

 

It was silent the rest of the way, as Yixuan then pulled up into the parking lot and unlocked the doors.

"You go in, I'll stay here. Hurry Seungyoun." 

Seungyoun agreed to what his brother said, opening the car door and rushing to the doors. Pulling one open, he walked over to the front desk where there sat a secretary and he cleared his throat.

"Excuse me miss, but I was just wondering if you ever happened to see a blonde haired boy come around here?" He asked quietly, watching as she fixed her glasses and then glanced up from her computer screen to see him. Humming slightly, she looked off to the side before gasping.

"Oh! I think I did, of course I'd remember a blonde person. Are you a friend of his? If I remember he was quite upset." She spoke back to him, turning her chair toward him and pursing his lips. "Would you like me to check why he was here?" The moment she said that, he nodded his head quickly. She stood up and smiled at him and then walked down the hallway. Seungyoun stood there, his hands in his pockets. He glanced out the window, looking to see that Yixuan was still there, when he saw the car, he calmed down a little bit, but only a little.

"Are you Yibo's friend?" 

Seungyoun turned to look at a male doctor walk in, looking at him softly. He hesitated for a second, but did nod his head eventually. 

"Yes.. I am."

"Well, Lan always spoke kindly of him. Like he was her son, from what I understand that was their relationship."

It took a second for the gears in Seungyoun's mind to click. Lan was the woman who took care of Yibo. He gasped slightly, biting at his lip as he waited for the doctor to continue talking.

"He was here earlier... and well. You see, Lan passed away last night."

Seungyoun's heart stopped. The only person Yibo loved more than Seungyoun was suddenly gone, after he left him too. That meant everyone important to him was gone. His eyes widened and he struggled to speak.

"Could you give me Lan's address? I want to see if Yibo's okay."

 

Seungyoun ran out of the hospital clutching the yellow post it note in his hand tightly, it was the most precious thing to him at this very moment. Coming to  a stop at the car, he opened the door and looked at his older brother. Slamming the sticky note down on the dashboard, he slipped inside and closed the door behind him.

"Drive."

Yixuan didn't ask any questions, and did as the desperate male told him to. His eyes glanced down to the scribbled handwriting that belonged to the younger and then let his eyes drift off to Seungyoun. He was almost shaking, his bottom lip caught between his teeth as he stared out the window. He looked like he just seen a ghost. The heartbroken feelings washed over Yixuan, and he looked up at the road in order to check the street. He didn't know where they were going, but since Seungyoun did, he trusted him to the fullest. Seungyoun stared silently at the traffic lights, his dull eyes never moving from the light. He couldn't breath, at least that's what it felt like. When he inhaled it burned, and when he exhaled it only made the pain in his chest get worse. Maybe it was the grief, maybe it was the fiber of his every existence falling into despair.

"Seungyoun." He was snapped from his daze, and he turned his head to look at his brother. The look on his face made his heart stop. He's never seen Yixuan look so terrified. That's when he noticed the car stopped. They were here weren't they? He was scared to turn around.

"Hyung... what is it? What?" Seungyoun whispered weakly under his breath, his hand squeezing at his own leg. When he didn't respond, he wanted to scream, but couldn't find the words. "Hyung... I beg you-"

"Yibo's here. He's crying on the roof."

Seungyoun turned, his eyes flickering out the window to find him. He wanted to gasp, but he couldn't make a noise. Yibo was there, hugging his knees to his chest, his body shaking, his face hidden against his knees. The teenager didn't hesitate and opened the door, rushing out of the car and running to the wide open front door. Seungyoun couldn't hear over his heart beat, and helped himself to getting up the stairs and rushing down the hallway to find the room with the window closest to his boyfriend. Pushing the bedroom door open, his eyes ran around the room until they met the white curtain flowing in the breeze. He stared at the open window, swallowing the lump in his throat and approaching it slowly.

"Yibo? It's me, Seungyoun..." He spoke softly, taking small steps toward the large window, his breath hitching. The closer he got, the more audible the sobs were. His heart broke for the second time that day, and he reached the window. Peeking his head out, he stared at the miserable form of the kitten. His tail was wrapped around his own body, his ears flattened against his pretty blonde hair. "Yibo..." He said as he made his way onto the roof from the window pane and he slowly walked over to the broken boy. The moment he sat down beside him, Yibo finally looked up and through blurry eyes he saw the male. His lip quivered, and he moved from his spot. He crawled into Seungyoun's lap and leaned his forehead against his shoulder, small soft sobs leaving his lips the whole time. Seungyoun wrapped his arms around his waist, holding him close against him, their bodies pressed together. He frowned once he noticed how cold he was, and he nuzzled his nose into his hair. "Shh, baby. You don't have to talk about it if you're not ready. I'll wait until you're ready..." Yibo whimpered against him, shaking his head.

"N-no. Seungyounnie. I really... I did something bad." He whispered out, pinching his eyes closed as hot tears ran down his cool face. "I thought about it for a while, when I ran away... I'm so stupid for doing that, I'm so sorry,  I realized that I need you." Yibo said quietly, hiccuping out a small cry as he rubbed at his eyes. "But when I found out she was gone, that the first person who loved me was gone... I-I realized I have no home, no real place in this world. I feel so small, so useless, such a waste of space. Seungyounnie I'm sorry but I tried to end my life. I thought if I had no place, that I could just jump and not exist." Yibo was sobbing now, his shoulders shaking as he looked up to see his lover. He expected the other to be angry with him, he expected him to be silent. But the minute they met eyes, he saw he was crying. "S-Seungyoun..." Yibo whispered, his heart racing as he reached up and ran his thumb over his skin to wipe the tears. "Don't cry over me..."

"Yibo. You have a home. With me. Together. I will make sure you never feel like this again. You are not stupid, you do not deserve to feel this way, you do not need to apologize for having feelings. You are my moon and stars, you are my everything.  I won't let you feel like that about yourself, because I have never lied when saying this. I love you." 

Yibo sniffled, a shy smile on his lips as he leaned up and ran his fingers through Seungyoun's hair. He would never get tired of his words, of the way he said these things, and the way he could feel he meant it in his heart. Pressing a kiss against his lips, he then pulled back and smiled brighter.

"Home... is where you are."

 

. . . FIN . . .

 

a/n : yeah. after a month i come back.

so!! ovo that's it!

i needed to finish this before school, so i've been working on this for a few late nights.

eventually i will make a short sequel focusing on wenhan, but for now!!! 

this is the end of bratty kitten. (which accidentally got sadder as it went on /)(\ )

please comment ! and give author-nim your love and questions if you have any!!

thank you for reading. goodbye!