13 > high

Bratty Kitten

He sort of hated it. How it turned out. Seungyoun was now sitting next to Wenhan, with Yibo across from him and on either side was Sungjoo and Yixuan. Inside, he wanted to go and leave. It was so obvious Sungjoo was flirting with the oblivious cat. He kept complementing him, saying things that made him smile shyly. Yibo was so easy to please. Call him pretty and he'll be in love for a few minutes. He hated it, because he knew that was how people got hurt. He didn't know from his own experience, but his father had hurt his mother that way. Seungyoun was uncomfortable, his eyes unable to settle on something. He was brought out of the envy rotted thought by a slight tap, and he glanced up to see Wenhan gently poke him.

"You okay?" He whispered, just for the two of them to hear. So he thought hard about the question, knowing the swimmer would want a truthful answer. And Seungyoun did not have the heart to lie to Wenhan.

"Not really..." Seungyoun fiddled with his fingers under the table, biting at his bottom lip when he watched his friend reach over and under for it. They were holding hands again, and he managed to relax himself with a few breaths. Wenhan always knew what to do, he always read the situation and he always dealt with things Seungyoun could not bring himself to.

"You know, you three should just hang out here. Hyung's should talk, and of course Yibo would stay to socialize. Seungyoun and I will go for a walk. We've been here for a while now, so I'll see you later, hyung?" Wenhan stood up, slipping his backpack onto his shoulder while using his other hand to hold Seungyoun's. "After all friends should catch up. And I'm Seungyoun's friend more than anything." His eyes burned daggers into his older brothers, and he raised a brow. Sungjoo knew his brother meant business, and could only nod toward him. Wenhan was very good at getting what he wanted, but he never was able to fully express himself. Wenhan was good at doing things for others, and Sungjoo was good at doing things for himself. They were opposites in many senses.

"Okay, see you." He complied, nodding his head as he sipped on the americano he had ordered sometime before the conversation became too interesting. Seungyoun didn't say anything, just looked up and stood with his friend. He met Yibo's worried gaze, and the burden on his shoulder became heavier. The cat was probably wondering if he was okay, if maybe he said the wrong thing or done the wrong thing, he may even think the other was not feeling well.

With that pure look on his face, he did feel sick. He felt guilty, like he was doing the wrong thing instead. So he pulled Wenhan along with him, surprising the swimmer with his quick pace. Though Wenhan followed simply, catching up and walking alongside him. They both breathed at the same time, and Seungyoun looked at him, smiling gently.

"Thanks for that."

"What are friends for?"

And he was so glad Wenhan was his friend. Not anyone else's friend, but his.

They managed to agree on going back to Wenhan's apartment. Seungyoun assumed he still lived with his brother, but he knew he couldn't take the habits Sungjoo had. He didn't like having to play maid for him, and clean up all his mess and fix all his mistakes. Too many times had he been woken up by a random girl freaking out at his brother because they did something they weren't supposed to. That was the truth about Sungjoo. He couldn't settle down with one person, it made him angry and annoyed. Wenhan had never had a chance to fall for anyone, and was always alone in that department. 

Sitting down on the edge of his bed, Seungyoun sighed heavily and hummed. 

"I'm so tired. I'm so pissed and-"

"What's got you so mad?" Wenhan sat down beside him, the mattress gently sinking at the addition of weight. Seungyoun closed his eyes, taking slow breaths while placing his words carefully in his mind. He could tell Wenhan everything and anything, but he didn't know what he would say.

"Your brother... He's just talking to Yibo and he's flirting and. I don't like Yibo but I want him to understand what love is before getting swept up by someone he just met. He probably hasn't even kissed anyone before and your brother, we all know he's. Oh, I'm so sorry. , I sort of ramble when I'm mad." He shut his lips, chewing at the soft skin of his bottom lip. Wenhan gave him a look, one of understanding. He knew what he was getting at. He almost felt that way sometimes.

"So, it's like. You want to protect Yibo, and you want him to be with someone he deserved or even just you until he learns the world is a place. I feel that way too, about someone. I want them to understand other people around them are here for a reason, even if they don't feel that way. It isn't something that should be dreaded, but treasured. Feelings, you know?" The swimmer quietly, tilting his head to the side as he closed his eyes. He was a little regretful, but his Dad always said to never regret something that relief followed soon after. Wenhan had lifted a huge weight from his chest, and was no enjoying the timid silence.

"Wenhan... Do you have someone you like?" Seungyoun turned his head to watch his friend, his eyes glancing over his face. His hair was covering his eyes, and his jaw moved as if he was supposed to be talking. Though Wenhan was just grinding his teeth together in thought. He could tell him anything and anything to him meant everything. So he took a deep breath and nodded his head.

"I guess you could say I like someone."

"Who?"

"We're just friends."

Seungyoun made a face, shaking his head as he sat up quickly.

"But you're a great person. Anyone would be insane to be friends with you and not date you or fall for you."

"I want to stay friends with this person."

"Huh?! Why?" His voice became louder, as his eyes widened and he stared expectantly.

"We work best as friends, we don't need to complications of love. We like each other, and I'm okay with that."

"I still say you should confess, and then still be friends." Seungyoun pouted, crossing his arms playfully. Wenhan reached over, moving his arms and rolling his eyes. Seungyoun watched simply, as the other took a hold of both his hands and sighed. He was too distracted by him interlocking their fingers so easily, that he didn't notice he got closer.

Wait?

He was getting closer? Seungyoun looked up into Wenhan's eyes, and his breath hitched in his throat.

Because now, the space between them had become nothing, and Wenhan was kissing him.

And he was kissing back?

-

a/n :

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SORRY THIS JUST FIT SO WELL AND I NEEDED THIS TO HAPPEN.

YOU GO GET HIM BABY WENHAN < 3

; u ; this makes my heart happy and I hope you all can understand how this is working.

but omg isn't this rlly sweet?

fiction wenhan is making me heart cry. ilu bb, we can be more than friends oppa xD

annnyways.

comment pls?? < 3