eight > empty

Bratty Kitten

It had been forever since Seungyoun had a proper conversation with his brother, and too many days he had gone without seeing Yibo. He knew he crossed the line the other day, but that gave his hyung no right to keep Yibo away from him. It's been four days, almost five. Now it was five in the afternoon, and he was sitting alone in his bedroom. For the past two hours he's been playing out conversations in his head. He wanted to go into his brothers room and apologize and look Yibo in the eyes and tell him he was a jerk and didn't deserve to be forgiven. He imagined many outcomes. He thought of getting in more trouble, of becoming more sad, he even thought of his brother being evil. Seungyoun only shook it off, rolling onto his back and closing his eyes.

Maybe if he closed his eyes, it would all go away. It didn't leave, but something else replaced those thoughts.

He thought of Yibo smiling, telling him how excited he was that it was spring again. Yibo was running around in the grass, taking the time to pick little flowers and bring them over to Seungyoun. The kitten made a little pile, it was a messy little pile of colours and soft plant life. Yibo knew it killed them, but he liked how pretty it was. He liked giving him the flowers so he would know he cared enough for him that he would ruin nature. Seungyoun just watched as Yibo eventually sat down in front of him and hummed to himself. He may have been making a flower crown, or maybe he was just weaving together the prettiest flowers. Though Yibo looked up through his light hair and batted his lashes, the two made eye contact and he smiled again.

"Why're you looking at me like that?"

Seungyoun reached down and took a small pink flower, tucking it behind Yibo's ear and shrugging his shoulders.

"Just thinking..."

"Okay Seungyounnie~" And he leaned forward,

kissing the cat softly,

as if he was used to it.

That's when Seungyoun was brutally pulled out of his daydream, his eyes wide as he jolted up in his bed. He dreamt of that? Of himself kissing Yibo? Kissing a cat? Where did this come from? He was sure he hated the thought of being around him and now he was thinking about being in love with him? Seungyoun was in a state of shock, sitting there with his mouth wide open. This was almost insane, he had no attraction to the male at all. Seungyoun knew for a fact that he also didn't like boys, so this was a whole new territory for him.

So he stood up from his spot, and he walked to his door. Gripping the handle tightly, he thought back to the time he had spent with the cat. The possibility of him liking him just because more evident by the end of the thought. When he met him, that was the only thing he could think of. He could only think about him when he was at school, and during the walk home he could only think of things he could bring the boy. Yibo was the center of  his life for a bit, because he's never had to take care of another person before. A person? 

Seungyoun then realized where he went wrong, He had been treating a human like an animal, getting mad at him like he wouldn't understand him. But Yibo wasn't a cat, he could think for himself, talk for himself, he could feed himself and have emotions. He was treating him as if he was helpless, and that he didn't know the difference between right and wrong. Perhaps he only acted like that because Seungyoun never let him know what he expected of him. Running his fingers through his hair gently, the student opened the door and made the journey to his brothers room. When he reached the room, the door was already ajar. He peeked inside, seeing the plain bed sheets gently crumpled. Yixuan's room was far from customized, it was just small and plain. Yixuan tended to not make a big deal out of himself, so in a way his room was fitting to him.

When he finally got the guts to walk inside, he glanced around. The window was opened, the pale drapes wiggling in the wind. He wandered by the bathroom connected to his room, and the lights were off, meaning no one was there. He couldn't even imagine how strange it would be if he apologized to the boy while he was in the bathroom. He shook off the thought, and turned his head. Seungyoun's breath hitched in his throat, and he bit at his bottom lip. Yibo was curled up on the right side of Yixuan's bed, under the first layer of sheets. His face was snuggled into the pillow beside him, and he could hear a faint purr in the silence. His tail lazily swayed over the side of the bed, and his ears twitched at the sounds Seungyoun made walking around. Seungyoun himself was frozen at the foot of the bed. Now in the presence of the other boy, he couldn't seem to think of what he wanted to say. Yibo was, so fragile looking curled up in the covers, his lips parted and letting out tiny huffs of breath. Was he stunned because of how beautiful a boy was? It was strange, to be looking at a man and being unable to think straight.

Turning onto his side, the small kitten's feet poked out of the blanket. Groaning a bit, he scrunched himself further into a ball and he stretched his arms. This was it, not Seungyoun could talk.

"Yibo?"

As if he was waiting for it, the light haired male sat up quickly, blinking his tired eyes. He let out a soft mewl as he moved his hair out of his eyes.

"Seungyounnie?" He whispered, sitting up on his knees and quickly making his way over to the boy standing at the edge of the bed. "Yibo missed Seungyounnie, but was worried he was disliked." The sad tone in his voice made the student's heart sink, and he bit at his bottom lip briefly.

"I don't dislike you, I realized I was horrible to you." Before he could even begin to apologize, the kitten had butted into the sentence.

"Yibo knows he did something bad. I know I wasn't supposed to do that, y-you just never told Yibo the rules."

"I'm sorry Yibo." He whispered quietly, blinking his eyes down at the floor. Then the cat hurried to get to his feet, rushing over to stand in front of him. Though he stuttered half way and almost fell down, he managed to make his way over to the guilty male. When in front of him, he cleared his throat and bowed lowly.

"Yibo is very sorry for all the aggravation and annoyance he has caused. Please forgive me." Suddenly, the cat was apologizing to him instead. Taken back by the formal tone in his voice, his eyes widened, and Seungyoun took a step back, reaching down to take a hold of Yibo's hands. The cat tried to withdraw his hands from his grasp, but Seungyoun refused to let go.

"Yibo you have never been an annoyance to me. You have nothing to apologize for, you are perfect as you are please don't continue to think I dislike you."

The cat stood up straight, though never looked up from his feet. Seungyoun grew wary, and he leant down to gaze at his face. When he saw his pale skin was flushed with a soft pink, he finally understood the reason for him avoiding his gaze. He had flustered the young kitten, and soon he felt his own cheeks heat up.

"Seungyounnie, you think I'm perfect?" His voice was laced with a sweet giggle, as he looked up and smiled brightly at him. Seungyoun stared back at the boy, who's eyes twinkled with adventure and smile lit up like a million fairy lights. Then he noticed, Yibo stopped talking in third person. Was he self aware suddenly?

He found himself getting lost for words now, as they had all risen out of him like smoke. What was he supposed to say? He couldn't deny what had already been said, and he didn't want to hurt him any further. The student smiled back at him, looking down to carefully intertwine their fingers of both hands.

"Yes." 

-

a/n : u v u this was sweet.

omg idk should seungyoun end up liking yibuttbutt???

also i might add wenhan ( < 3333 ) as yixuan's friend. then i'd have to add sungjoo cause i'd feel bad if i didn't include him. any ideas for what role sungjoo could play?? o n o idk.

also i'm still kinda not feeling well so.

comment?

i hope you enjoy ~