10 > rose

Bratty Kitten

"Hyung." Seungyoun walked up to his brother, who was sitting at the dining table on his laptop. He hadn't talked to him about the subject of the cat boy in the other room. He wanted to tell him how he wanted to take care of him, and that he was sorry for being rude to both of them. Though when his brother looked up from the bright screen in front of him, Seungyoun felt weirdly intimidated. Yixuan was always a little bit better at everything than him. If Seungyoun was good at making someone laugh, Yixuan was great at it. If Seungyoun was good at comforting someone, everyone would still go to his older brother. That's where the roots of his envy came from, all those years ago when he had the most friends in school, and all the teachers liked him. Seungyoun was always the second best. He was brought out his thoughts by his brother speaking.

"Are you going to talk or just stand there?" Yixuan smiled gently at the younger, watching him expectantly before he glanced down at the keyboard, typing a few words while he waited.

"Yes! Of course, I just wanted to apologize." The student said quickly, squeezing his eyes shut as he looked down for more words. What was he supposed to say now? He wasn't sorry for the same reasons he was sorry toward Yibo, because this was another situation completely. "Because I was an idiot for being mad at you for taking Yibo when I did something wrong, because you never gave me a chance to fix it myself. I was always jealous of-"

"I know you're jealous of me, Seungyoun." Yixuan murmured, his voice calm as he leaned back in his chair. The male still standing, looked up and stared at him. He knew? Was this a joke to him? Because Seungyoun had always had suspicions of why this was always happening. If his brother was doing this on purpose, he may have to get angry with him. "I knew a long time ago, everyone knew. Mom and Dad knew."

"Please, don't talk about them." Seungyoun quickly added, his hands curling into fists. "Please don't... I don't need to be reminded of them anymore. I get it, I was never the favourite son and I was never allowed to do what I wanted because I wasn't as successful as you." He paused, his head aching at the sudden confession he chose to suddenly blurt out.

"Even Wenhan knew." Yixuan said, his expression still unreadable, almost stiff as if he was hiding something about it. Whether that be a sinister grin or a pitiful frown, Seungyoun didn't even want to find out. This was about his throwing away his pride to finally tell him how he's felt for years. But he just didn't understand.

"Why bring up Wenhan?"

"He was your friend too Seungyoun. Wenhan was friends with us both, and did you ever notice?"  The eldest male stood from his spot, making his way over to his little brother. Who was standing there watching him quietly. What did Wenhan have to do with this? Sure he was friends with them both, but that didn't mean anything. Wenhan was in Yixuan's class, and they were always partners for things and they always hung out after school. Though the boy was also always up to help Seungyoun with school work or just to talk. Wenhan was always with Seungyoun. Wenhan, was always with Seungyoun?

"He picked you over me... Did you not realize? He was truly your friend, and you are here complaining how I take everything from you. Think about Yibo. When he was with me, he was so upset about you being displeased with him, he kept trying to fix himself. These two, they picked you over me." Yixuan looked at the boy, smiling softly before reaching over. He ruffled his hair and then patted his head. "You just need to stop focusing on me, and focus on yourself. You never had a bad life, it's just that our parents were so involved in my life, they never got to tell you how proud they were. So I'll do it now that they aren't here. I'm proud of you Seungyoun, for making it this far in life and being able to smile. You deserve it."

-

Seungyoun couldn't think very straight, when he went back to his room and was laying there quietly. He had been judging himself and others without truly knowing anything. He always thought his achievements were lesser than his brothers, and he never was able to think about it positively. Now he was given a whole new perspective. He had a small urge to call his old friend, who he hadn't spoken too much after he had graduated. While he was laying down on the covers of his bed, the door perked open and the blonde boy looked at the male. Hopping over, his tail swayed with every movement as he jumped onto the bed beside him. Yibo looked down at his owner, wondering why he was laying there with no expression. He leaned down, so their noses almost touched.

"Are you okay?" Yibo asked, causing Seungyoun to blink a couple times. Never had he been so close to him, and never had he been able to see his face up close. His mind went blank, when he glanced over his face, over his eyes, his nose, his lips, his skin, and his pretty smile. It made him feel strange, that he was observing a boy so closely.

"Seungyounnie?" He repeated, pressing his palm against the others forehead to check if he had perhaps gotten sick. After finding that his skin wasn't too warm,he leaned back on his shins and hummed. Seungyoun barely had time to respond, as he sat up after him and looked at the cat.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking."

"Is Seungyounnie sleepy?" Yibo set his hand down on the other cheek, and smiled cutely. The student could only slightly grumble, his cheeks heating up at the soft touch. Then he nodded, and averted his gaze from the boy in front of him.  "Sleep then, I will be your pillow." 

"What the heck does that mean?" Seungyoun asked, his eyes wide as the cat pushed his chest down so he would lay back down. Then he cradled his head and set it down on his lap. Seungyoun couldn't believe this, and was flustered by the cats forwardness. Though it didn't bother Yibo in the slightest, as he was smiling brightly and running his fingers through his owners hair.

"Just sleep Seungyounnie... Today is a day where I want to think of someone else rather than myself."

-

a/n : in the next part my bby wenhan shows up!!!

yay < 33 u v u

anyway, i hope you're having a good day.

i love you.

continue to comment and all those good things, my amazing subscribers keep me going < 3