five > mommy

Bratty Kitten

Yibo sat there, before he got the idea that he could move. Seungyoun said not to bother oppa, but he didn't say he couldn't move around the room. So carefully he stood up, and wandered over to the other side of the room. Here there was a window, and when he peeked out he could remember. Yibo remembered he liked to do this, he liked to see who was coming, or what he outside looked like. He smiled sadly, leaning closer to the glass and blinking his eyes. He also remembered why he had come to love it, and the reason he was able to look out.

He used to be the one looking in, and would be denied any source of comfort he was really searching for. His lips flattened themselves into a thin line, and he slumped his shoulders. Instead of standing and looking out, he was leaning against the wall as if it was his only anchor. He was also now looking at his fingers, as his palms were pressed up against the window. Yibo remembered a lot in this moment.

"Mommy!" He called, rushing around the corner to find her. She was usually in front of the fireplace or in the dining room at her sewing machine. That's what his mommy did, people came and dropped off clothes that were broken or didn't fit well, and she fixed them. She was a tailor. Yibo liked sitting on the couch watching her, because sometimes she would put on nice music. Yibo liked her, because she always made sure to take care of him even if she hadn't been looking after herself. But he always paid attention to her as well, and made sure she wasn't sick.

"I'm here." She called back, and his ears stood up high. The cat his toes and ran into the kitchen. There his mommy was making food for the two of them. She was also good at cooking, she was good at lots of things. It was really nifty. Yibo tried to count what she was good at, but he ran out of fingers to count them on. She was good at listening, at telling stories, at cooking, at sewing, at smiling, at laughing, at making bread, at making Yibo feel at home, at a million things! Yibo was convinced she was the greatest person to ever live! She was amazing in all she did, and he never wanted to be apart from her.

You see, Yibo was found by the old woman he now called mommy. She was on a walk one day, years ago when she saw him looking in through her window. Of course he was an even smaller kitten at that point. But she brought him inside, and made him food, and made him a little bed. At first he was scared of her, because he had never seen a human before this. He didn't know where his parents were, or if he had siblings. All Yibo could remember was that he was cold, and alone, and he hadn't eaten for ages. But she found him, and saved him. She didn't freak out when he was a young boy, and she raised him. Though he aged faster, due to him being a cat. When he was eight months a kitten, he was really already fifteen. So she had raised him to be a teenager. Yibo had grown fond of the woman, and never grew out of the habit of calling her mommy.

She taught him how to write, to read, even how to do tiny things like plant flowers and wash dishes. He had grown to fall in love with her, as if she was really his mother. As far as he was concerned, that's who she was. The mother that he never had, was there all along.

"Mommy, can you tell me a story?" Yibo suddenly asked, sitting down on a stool by the table and swinging his legs back and forth. He was sure it would be a great story, since they always were.

"Yes, of course. What kind of story Yibo?" Her voice was quiet, and she sounded tired. Yibo caught that simply, and he pouted before leaning back in his chair.

"I wanna hear a love story Mommy." The kitten whispered to himself, his eyes lowering to look at his feet. He wore pink socks with dots on them, he had asked his mommy for them when they went to the store one day, and he was so happy receiving them. The woman seemed a bit surprised, but still hummed in agreement to him.

"Okay, okay. Let me think of one." She said back to him, mixing the soup she was working on with a wooden spoon. She turned the heat down, and set the utensil down before turning to face him. Yibo was looking back at her now, his smile bright and young. The woman smiled back at him, walking over and running her fingers through his long blonde hair. She had gotten so used to looking at the pretty kitten, that her heart would surely break if something was to happen to him.

"Once upon a time, there was a small girl. She was beautiful, with big eyes and long hair. She had many sisters, and not a single brother. Her father and mother were royalty, and yet she was the only to not act as a princess." She sat down beside Yibo, holding his hand in hers and humming in thought. "She hated pretty dresses, she hated having her hair put up in silly hairstyles, and she hated acting as if she was better than everyone. Though this princess was very beautiful without all of the luxurious things she lived with." Yibo watched her talk, interested in what would happen to that girl in the story. He hoped it was happy.

"One day she was arranged to find someone to marry, and she didn't want to go. So instead she ran away, right out of the castle."

"She ran away? Was she okay?" The kitty asked in a quiet voice, batting his eyes at his mommy. She only nodded, laughing quietly as she placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"She was more than okay darling. She was amazing, she was able to be free, to go wherever she pleased. But on her adventure, she met a boy. One that worked at a bakery and sold bread for his family. She watched him for a while, noticing he was always happy and helping others. So she went to him and bought a slice, and they talked. The young girl had never met a nicer boy, he was sweet, and even complimented her  the first time he saw her." The woman looked at Yibo, who was leaning over the table, his eyes fluttering closed, he was obviously tired.

"Then what?" he whispered, nuzzling his nose into his arm and sighing.

"Well she went home, and when she was home she got in trouble. So she ran away again, and soon she ran away every night to meet the bread boy. They met so much, that they  knew exactly who she was seeing, and they both got in trouble. Her father yelled at her, saying she had to find someone to marry soon. And she said she wanted to marry the bakers son."

Yibo smiled against his own arm, he liked this story, he hoped they would be able to live happily.

"When her father refused, she ran away. For good, but she ran away with the boy. And they started a new life, a happy life. She said she loved him, and he said he loved her even before they had met."

"How is that possible mommy?"

"Sometimes people know about each other before they have really introduced themselves."

"Do you think someone will ever love Yibo?"

"I know someone will."

And he fell asleep against the table, smiling softly. He wanted to find someone like the princess found the bakers son, that loved him no matter what. His mommy was like that, but she was his mommy. He wanted someone to be like the bakers son, he wanted to be the princess. Yibo liked being pretty, and the princess was so beautiful.

 

The cat opened his eyes, staring up at the ceiling above him. He was sleeping? Yibo rubbed his eyes, sitting up in his spot. He was right by the window. He must have been sleeping there, so he turned to look at the clock Seungyoun had on his bedside table. It was only noon, which meant he was probably home alone now. So he walked over to the door, and peeked out. Sometimes he wondered why he had to be alone, because he didn't like it. Yibo was so used to his mommy being home all the time, that he didn't like being in an empty home.

He missed mommy. Mommy couldn't come home. Yibo also wasn't allowed home, not after the incident.

-

a/n : omg yibo's mommy made me feel really sad i'm sorry-

; - ; but yea. This was a cute kitty centered chapter!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! > <

double update for mothers day! cause yibo's mommy was so sweet. < 3