Rising

Same Difference (BTS Bangtan)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lena’s eyes peeled open to the light that filtered into her room once again. It was early morning in Seoul, South Korea. She hadn’t figured out what the time difference was between Germany and Korea, but she was adjusting relatively well, she thought.

 

She had her final audition that day. They had asked her to do a hip hop routine, and she thought she had it in her to bust one out. It wasn’t her favorite dance style to use on the spot, she liked to practice what she planned on doing in advance, but this was the best she could do. She needed that job, regardless of what Ahren and Wulfric believed.

 

She slid out of bed and pulled on a pair of joggers. She found them easier to dance in for that specific style. Her tights always gave her wedgies when she did hip hop, and tutu’s and leotards weren’t exactly hip hop. The joggers were gray and had crooked placed zippers on either side. She pulled on a black crop top, which stopped far above her navel. Block letters spelling BAPE were displayed on the front. She slipped her feet into her favorite Jordans and then grabbed her dance bag. Luckily, unlike most dancers she knew, her bag wasn’t pink. She could pass it off, she felt, in front of the hip hop instructors.

 

She tried to be silent as she made her way towards the door of the hotel room. Ahren and Wulfric were still asleep, from what she knew, and would be for a bit. They had stayed up late the night before, drinking and watching movies together. To Lena’s dismay, she was not the legal age to drink in Seoul, like she was in Berlin. She couldn’t believe it, but she couldn’t fight it either. But Ahren was the legal age, and he had retrieved plenty of alcohol for them, which would explain why he and his brother were still out for the count. Lena didn’t drink much that night, knowing she had to dance the following day, so she stuck to just a few bottles of beer. But Ahren and Wulfric had gotten smashed. She was silently thankful.

 

But a dark figure swung out in front of the door and frowned at her. Lena bit the inside of her lip and looked down as Ahren glared at her. “Where the hell do you think you’re going, Lena?” He asked, shaking his head. His dark curls swiped over his forehead, and Lena could see that he needed to reshave the sides. She would do it for him when she got home. “You better not say to some sort of audition.”

 

“It’s not an audition really. It’s more of a…” She tried to slink past him, and Ahren grabbed her arm, throwing her back. “What the hell Ahren! You can’t-”

 

“No, you can’t, Lena! We left Germany so you didn’t have to dance-”

 

“Bull!” She spat. “We left Germany so I could find my family, and so I could do what I wanted with my life. You’re being my father right now. You’re not letting me do what I want. This is what I want, damn you! I want to make my own money for once!” She said, pushing his stomach, since she couldn’t really reach his shoulders. “Now get out of my way!”

 

His eyes softened. “Lena,” He started.

 

“Don’t you Lena me,” She hissed.

 

He reached out, taking her hand. “I’m sorry I grabbed you,” He said, tugging her forward an inch. “I’m sorry I’m being demanding. It’s just… I don’t want you to think that you have to provide for us.” He said, leaning down and pressing his lips to hers. “That’s my job.” He tilted her head back, moving to kiss her again, but she pulled away and he frowned. “Lena,”

 

“I don’t want to hear it right now.” She said plainly. “I want to leave this hotel, and I want to go to my new favorite coffee shop.” She opened the door behind him, and slunk out. He didn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter