Confess

Same Difference (BTS Bangtan)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lena wasn't sure why she felt so unnerved. Plenty of times before that day, she'd slept in the arms of Ahren or one of her many other boyfriends, but laying in bed beside Namjoon was something entirely different. In the moment she had slid between the sheets and he's settled on the bed beside her, she was no longer tired.

 

She'd been dancing all day, she'd been running around endlessly and just moments before he had text her to see him she was exhausted. But now she couldn't close her eyes. It was as if they had somehow been forced open against her will.

 

He didn't move beside her. He didn't even seem to be breathing beside her. In fact she was so nervous she almost spun around to check, but had he already fallen asleep it would have woken him up and that wasn't something she wanted to do. Though she was almost positive he was just as uncomfortable and nervous as she.

 

All at once, the bed shifted, and Namjoon's arms wrapped around Lena's waist. She stiffened, which was nearly impossible at that point, and her eyes managed to widen even more. But she said nothing. He had curled his long legs up, causing her to curl in on herself as well, and then he nuzzled his nose into her hair and kissed her neck, making her shiver. "Still awake then?" She nodded lightly. "Do you want me to leave? It's been two hours and clearly you're uncomfortable-"

 

Lena turned towards him, awkwardly meeting his eyes. "You're still awake too. What's that got to do with anything?"

 

"Maybe you couldn't sleep because I was making you uncomfortable being here." He said, biting his lip. He sighed and then continued. "I wouldn't be offended if-"

 

Lena pressed her lips to his, forcing him to stop. He didn't seem to mind, however, as he kissed her back and tightened his hold on her hips. "I don't want my night with you to end just yet. In a few hours, you and I will have to get up and you and I will have to pretend we don't still have feelings for each other, and I'm really not ready for that. Not just yet."

 

He smirked. "So you have been playing hard to get this whole time."

 

"Shut up." Lena groaned, rolling her eyes. She lay her head against his chest and closed her eyes, which felt like heaven. "Tell me a story."

 

He laughed. "What?"

 

She rolled her eyes. "Talk to me!" She exclaimed. "I don't know just... fill the silence? Tell me about school. What was it like for you, going to school?"

 

He frowned. "I didn't really care for it."

 

"Were you not good at it?"

 

He shook his head. "I rank in top percentiles for South Korea, and I have an IQ of 148, school was a breeze. But it seemed like a waste of my time. Everything we were told was kind of backhanded or mildly helpful. It was pointless. And then I went to study in New Zealand. And then I was signed to Big Hit. There's not much to it." Lena frowned and shot an annoyed glare in his direction. He laughed. "What about you? How did you do in school, oh punk child."

 

She shrugged her shoulders. "I went to an academy. My, uh, birth certificate says I'm a year younger than I thought I was so I guess I graduated two years early, at 15 instead of 16.  And, much to everyone's disbelief, I graduated with high honors. My parents were mildly impressed though I think it's mostly because I was a delinquent." She laughed. "I hated school too. But it was mostly because of the way people treated me for being an Asian that was adopted by white people. I loved learning though."

 

"Did you go to college? After you graduated?" He asked, running his fingers through her hair.

 

She shrugged. "Sort of. I was taking college courses already because I qualified or whatever. I think really it was my dad pulling strings. But after high school I had one class left for my bachelors so I took that and went to the police academy."

 

Immediately Namjoon burst into a fit of laughter, which confused Lena. She sat up and glared at him as a warning. "I'm sorry it's just... Someone so rebellious and against the law at the police academy?" He shook his head, still laughing slightly.

 

Lena crossed her arms over her chest, glaring down at him. "I wanted to do whatever i could to make my father proud. He's a special operations agent or whatever he calls himself so it was really easy to get in good with the precinct. But then I realized that it was all for not. So I have the training, I have the experience, I could be a special agent for any regular precinct, I just don't want to."

 

"You mean you have experience in being a cop already?"

 

"I told you," She said sighing. "My father pulled strings. And yes I have experience as a cop already what kind of question is that? I put quite a few people away before I listened to Ahren and just left."

 

Namjoon sat up on his elbows and stared at her, though it felt like he was staring through her. "Do

Please log in to read the full chapter