Files

Same Difference (BTS Bangtan)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hazel hadn’t taken a single breath the whole time she worked on Jungkook’s makeup and hair. She was afraid, for whatever reason, her breath might stink or her breakfast was stuck in her teeth even though she’d brushed them.

 

Jungkook hadn’t stopped staring at her. There were intervals where he was looking away, trying to avoid her eyes, but he almost always looked back and caught her eye.

 

As she was moving to fix his hair, her phone rang loudly on the makeup table in front of them. Jungkook’s eyes fell to the phone, and then he looked away. Hazel reached forward and pressed the red button, ignoring the call. “Sorry,” She said lightly, continuing to work on his hair.

 

Not two second later, her phone was ringing again. Hazel sighed and leaned forward, ignoring it again. Jungkook smiled up at her. “You sure you want to ignore them?” He asked.

 

Hazel nodded. “I’m busy. I can call them later.” She said lightly, continuing on his hair. Once again, her phone started ringing, so she leaned forward, grabbed her phone, and turned the power off. “Good lord.” She said lightly.

 

Jungkook turned towards her. “What if it’s urgent?” He asked.

 

She shook her head. “It isn’t. It’s probably nothing.” She said, continuing to finish his hair. She bit her lip, continuing to brush her fingers through his hair, trying to push it to the right place, but she noticed that he’d closed his eyes and his breathing was slow. Her brow furrowed. Was he asleep? Was her playing with his hair putting him to sleep?

 

She took a step back, and his eyes slowly opened. They opened wider when he noticed that she was staring at him. “Are you done now?” He asked lightly.

 

She nodded. “Were you… sleeping?” She asked.

 

He stood and brushed himself off, staring down at his feet. “Sorry, I-” He shook his head, not bothering to finish his sentence as he moved past her and towards the stage door.

 

Hazel spun, watching as he moved out of the room and towards the stage. Soo Ah smirked at her from the other side of the room. “So,” She said, moving towards Hazel. “I feel like you and Jungkook have… something.”

 

Hazel made a face. “I hardly know him-”

 

“And somehow, you managed to sooth him to sleep just by lightly playing with his hair,” She said, pushing Hazel’s shoulder. “I’ve been doing these boys hair and makeup for a few years now. I think I’d know how to do that too, but maybe… maybe it was just you.”

 

Hazel laughed. “Oh, I see. I put him to sleep because I’m so boring, right?” She said, rolling her eyes.

 

Soo Ah smirked. “Well, it’s starting. Do you want to go watch?” Hazel nodded and the two started towards the back of the stage.




 

Just as the boys were finishing their set, Hazel remembered that she’d shut off her phone and hurried back into the dressing room. She the phone and noted that she had fourteen missed calls. Half of them were from unknown numbers, one of them was from her mother and father, and the last few were from the police department.

 

Her brow furrowed as she

Please log in to read the full chapter