Late

Same Difference (BTS Bangtan)
Please log in to read the full chapter


a/n: How was that for a massive update?

 

It was getting late, and there was still no word from any of the others as to whether or not they had found Namjoon and Lena. Hazel and Jungkook had absolutely no luck in their search, however they hadn’t really searched all too hard. Hazel doubted that, if the two had decided to steal time together, they would be out shopping. It wasn’t something she saw Lena doing. She may have only just met her sister, but she didn’t seem like the kind of girl who felt like using a date as an excuse to shop.

 

Hazel had finished her bubble tea shortly after Jungkook had placed it on the table, which he laughed at before suggesting that they start walking around again. Hazel agreed and they moved out of the shop, Jungkook still carrying his cup.

 

As they walked, he turned to her, offering her the mostly full cup. “Do you want it?” He asked lightly, and Hazel looked down at the cup, a little surprised. “I, uh, don’t really want to drink it anymore.” Hazel bit her lip. “I don’t have cooties,” He promised, and Hazel laughed, taking the cup from him. “So all I know about you is that you’re lactose intolerant.”

 

“And all I know about you is that you’re in a boy band and you’re shy.” She said, turning towards him and smiling. “So clearly we need to talk some more.”

 

He smiled slightly, and Hazel took it as a start. “Did you know before you came to Korea that Lena was your twin?” He asked, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets.

 

Hazel shook her head. “No, I had no clue I had siblings. My adoptive parents can’t have kids so, as far as I knew, from both families it was just me. And besides, I think Lena knew about me before I knew about her because she was outside of my apartment one day, but ran away from me before I could talk to her.” He nodded. “What about you? Do you have any siblings?”

 

He nodded. “I have an older brother. We’re closer than you guys,” He said laughing. “But I haven’t seen my family in a long while.” Hazel frowned at this, but Jungkook continued. “Can you only speak English and Korean?”
 

Hazel nodded. “And a bit of French from school. What about you?”

 

He laughed immediately. “I can speak Korean.”

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Effectively? Yeah that’s it.” He said, shaking his head. “I didn’t think it mattered in school. And I was kind of wrong.” He said, laughing. “Are you right or left handed?”

 

“Right.” Hazel answered.

 

He nodded. “Me too.”

 

“What town are you from?”
 

He pursed his lips. “Busan. Where are you from?”
 

“Tribeca.” She answered, taking a sip of the bubble tea.

 

He was quiet for a few minutes. “Is that a place?” He asked awkwardly.

 

Hazel laughed. “Yeah. The U.S. is kind of similar to here. We have our states, so mine would be New York. And then we have our cities, and mine is Tribeca. I was born in Tribeca, and we moved once after I was a toddler but stayed in that house for the rest of my life. My parents own a beach house in the Hamptons, which is the beach.”

 

“Wow.”

 

Hazel shrugged. “It was boring and lonely.” She sighed. “Mostly we would go to the Hamptons house and my parents would take me to the beach. We would laugh and play for a solid hour before my dad’s office called, and my mom was at the neighbor’s house who didn’t have kids. So I would sketch, or paint because that was what they wanted me to do.” She sighed again. “But it never really appeased them. My beach paintings weren’t realistic enough, but they never said it like that, it wasn’t that forward.” She shrugged her shoulders. “But it was the same in the Tribeca house if I didn’t have Piper with me.”

 

“So she came here with you then. I thought maybe you met her here.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter