05 〈 여기에 〉 ♡

Flowers, Love & You

 

Hanbin thinks you could fall in love with anyone if you got to see the parts of them that no one else gets to see. Like if you followed them around for a day and saw them crying in their bed or singing to themselves as they made a sandwich. He thinks after seeing them at their most vulnerable you wouldn't be able to help falling in love with them.

"Do you ever play the piano in front of anyone before?" asked Hanbin. Seunghee shook her head, "No, you're the first." Seunghee murmurs.

Hanbin have already saw parts of her. When she broke down crying, when she was in a happy mood, when she tries to run away from everything, when she actually still in love with Zelo. Before Hanbin asks her if she still have feelings for that guy, his phone rang. He answered an unknown number and heard a familiar voice, "Hanbin-ah, it's been awhile..."

┈┈┈

Seunghee watched Hanbin ran towards the door, "I've to go. It's urgent." He said and Seunghee nods her head. She was curious what's so urgent about. She look at the time and she promised Zelo to meet his father at the hospital. She grabbed her bags from the theater class and saw Taehyung all alone.

She clears to get his attention. Taehyung looked like he just finished his crying session alone. Taehyung looked at her without any word. "You're... Hanbin's friend right?" She asks.

Taehyung nodded his head, "And cousin."

"Nice knowing you but... are you okay?" Seunghee asked. Taehyung shook his head and burst out crying, he bite his shirt's collar and ruffles his hair. Seunghee ran to him and comforted him, "What's wrong, Taehyung-ssi?"

"I love someone."

┈┈┈

Zelo waited for Seunghee outside and she didn't came out. It's been an hour since he waited there, he keep calling her but she didn't answer him. After awhile, he got a text from Seunghee.

Seunghee: I can't come today. Maybe next time.

Zelo: You promised.

Seunghee: But this is important to me.

Zelo: What is it then?

Seunghee: Zelo, I need to go.

Zelo was upset and he kicks his car's tire and sighed, "Why are you doing this to me, Seunghee?"

The question is, why did you make her like that?

┈┈┈

Taehyung patiently waits for Soeun's arrival, he was excited and even filled with butterflies in his stomach. He can't wait to see Soeun. He ordered the two regular coffees that he and Soeun always drank together. He tapped onto the table and his eyes widen, Soeun amazingly came but she wasn't alone. She was with Mark.

"Taehyungie!" Soeun exclaims and jump to hug him. Taehyung chuckles nervously, "You came."

"Of course I came, silly. I've told you already." Soeun replied. Taehyung took a glance over Mark and Mark grin, "You must be V." He said.

"That's my nickname. Just call me Taehyung." Taehyung chuckles and both of them shook their hands together.

Taehyung wanted to say a lot of things before Soeun came. He wanted to tell her that he finally reads poetry because Soeun adores poetry. Taehyung wanted to tell her that he loves her. But Soeun came in with Mark and all the words he wanted to speak out, are all turns to dust.

It's the end, isn't it? I love you but you love him. It's okay. I'll be alright.

┈┈┈

Hanbin enters his house and saw Hayi and his father sitting on the living room. Hanbin's mother wasn't there. Hayi smiled at Hanbin when he enters the house, "Hanbin!" she exclaims and run to him to hug him.

Hanbin's eyes widen and stare at his dad who is smirking, "H-Hayi..." He said softly.

"I hope you know why Hayi is here, Hanbin." His father said.

┈┈┈

"Mom, you knew about this, don't you?" Hanbin said sadly, almost about to cry.

"I'm sorry Hanbin-ah, I can't stop your father." His mother said on the line.

Hanbin sighed, "Please stop this. I'm already guilty about leaving her and... you know what eomma? I tried to forget her from my life." Hanbin begged.

"I can't Hanbin. Just give it a try. Maybe soon you'll grow feelings with her." Hanbin's mom said which doesn't comforted him at all.

Hanbin's tears slowly falling down he wipe it off, "I can't love her."

"Why not? Just give it a shot!"

"I love someone else!" Hanbin yelled.

┈┈┈

Soeun texted Seunghee on the day she arrived.

Soeun: Hey, I have arrived at Seoul today. I meet up with my boyfriend.

Seunghee: Can you just tell me who is it?

Soeun: Not until I met you. He's from your university though.

Seunghee: I hope he is a nice guy.

Soeun: Well, he is. Anyway, how about you? Have you find a guy yet?

Seunghee: Hmm, maybe I do. Well, he is not 'my guy', he is a friend. A sweet one.

Soeun: Really? That's great. What's his name?

Seunghee: Kim Hanbin and I think I have feelings for him.

Soeun: Whaaat? Have feelings for him already? It took you two years to fall for Zelo and Hanbin is like... a week?!

Seunghee: Don't judge me. He is perfect.

Soeun: I hope he does.

Seunghee: Maybe in someone's eyes, he wasn't perfect but to me, he is. God, I'm crazy about him but I couldn't tell him that. It will ruined our friendship plus he gave me a necklace!

Soeun: Amazing. A necklace... Are you sure he is your friend?

Seunghee: I wonder if he has the same necklace as mine...

Soeun: If he does, maybe he likes you. Some guys do that.

Seunghee: Should I check it if he does?

Soeun: Goodluck! If he does, tell me!

On the next day, Hanbin enters his Korean literature class and Seunghee was there too but Hanbin rarely sits next to her since she's with her friend, Yeeun. But they exchange glances a lot, sometimes Seunghee would smile at and Hanbin would smiled back.

As the lecturer came in, Yoon Dujun. He was tall and tan wearing specs that doesn't have the actual glass in it, he grin as he enters. He opened his book and started reading a famous poem. Hanbin was so immersed that he even closed his eyes while the lecturer was reading.

내리는 눈밭 속에서는/서정주

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

수부룩이 내려오는 눈발속에서는

까투리 매추래기 새끼들도 깃들이어 오는 소리...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

포근히 내려오는 눈밭속에서는

낯이 붉은 處女아이들도 깃들이어 오는 소리...

울고

웃고

수구리고

새파라니 얼어서

運命들이 모두다 안끼어 드는 소리...

큰놈에겐 큰눈물자죽, 작은놈에겐 작은 웃음 흔적

큰이얘기 작은이얘기들이 오부록이 도란 그리며 안끼어 오는 소리

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

괜, 찬, 타,...

끊임없이 내리는 눈발 속에서는

山도 山도 靑山도 안끼어 드는 소리

"Do you guys understood the poem?" asks Dujun. Hanbin raised his arm and nods, "I do, sir."

"Do you know who's this famous poet?" asked Dujun for the second time.

"I do, sir," Hanbin replied. "It's one of Korean's famous poem called In The Filled Filling Up with Snow written by Seo Jeong-ju, who was born on the 1915 and died on in the year of 2000. He is nominated for five Nobel Prize in literature." Hanbin explained.

Dujun nods his head and smiled, "Amazing." He said and then he took a box of A4 papers and but it on his desk, "Your assignment for you today is to research about Seo Jeong-ju. Copies of his poems and about his life since 1915 and of course, this should be handing in next month before your summer break and this assignment is a group assignment. Group in now." Dujun said and sat down on his chair while the students take several papers from the box.

While everyone was grouping up, Hanbin doesn't know anyone. If Taehyung was there, he would've grab Hanbin's arm but that little rebel doesn't take literature. Hanbin waited for everyone to pair until he's left with Mark Tuan who is seating at the back row alone. Hanbin took a glance at him and he sighed in annoyance. After everyone has finally made groups, Seunghee called Hanbin to be in her group and Hanbin went over her table, "Seems like I'm stuck with you girls." That made Seunghee giggled, "At least, I'm here for you rather than you stuck alone."

Dujun scanned the students and saw Mark was alone, "Mark Tuan, pair up with Miss Oh's group now."

Mark groaned and went to the group and he glared at Hanbin, "It's you again." He sighed.

Yeeun and Seunghee were quiet but Hanbin's eyes were furious. He hated his gut. It was an awkward atmosphere between them and Seunghee keep clearing trying to kill the mood but still no one has let out a single word.

"It's pretty awkward here, isn't it?" Hanbin chuckles. "Hee-ah, are you free later?"

"Why?" Seunghee asked.

"I want to talk to you."

┈┈┈

They both walked side by side each other at the park. Seunghee can't stop smiling, maybe she's excited to be with Hanbin or maybe she started to grew feelings for him. Hanbin keep quiet, he wasn't smiling either. Seunghee jump to the front and face him, "What do you want to talk about, Hanbin?" Before Hanbin could reply, Seunghee saw something shiny underneath Hanbin's shirt, she grab the necklace that he is currently wearing and it was the same necklace that Hanbin gave her. The crescent moon necklace.

Oh, it's the same? It is a friendship necklace or maybe... he likes me?

"I'm engaged," Hanbin finally said it, "Yesterday."

That hit Seunghee like her heart just got stabbed. She couldn't smile, she won't able to smile, she let go off Hanbin's necklace from her hands, "R-really? Who's the l-lucky girl?"

"My girlfriend from the past."

"Congratulations, Hanbin-ah..." Seunghee faked a smile and look at him in the eyes. Hanbin did too and something in his eyes that says he's sorry. Hanbin able to pull of a smile and hug her tightly, "Thank you." He whispered.

Seunghee's feeling was empty. It was probably nothing but it felt like the world. It's hard to wake up from a nightmare if you aren't even asleep.

┈┈┈