Chapter 9

Before I'm Gone

*Aaliah's Pov*

Changbum was driving me back home and the ride was awkwardly quiet. I could tell he wanted to ask me what was wrong, but he was too polite to not ask.

"You were right" I said.

He looked at me.

"I told him that I felt things were moving way too quickly between us, but he was constantly trying to force his lips on me" I said.

I wasnt sad to where I would start crying and get emotional, I was more pissed off and angry that he was so persistant and cocky like 'I thought you wanted this?' Seriously, who says that.

"Idk, maybe im just old school. Ask me out first, let me show you that I like you by kissing you. Dont pressure me or try to convince me that I want to kiss you. Im so mad because I was starting to like him and he ruined it for me". 

"Im so sorry" Changbum patted my hand.

"I'll make sure that he never bothers you again" He smiled at me.

 

*Mark's Pov*

JB sat with his head in his hands for a few minutes.

The atmosphere was painfully awkward and nobody wanted to make a sound.

We were all looking at eachother, mouthing words and sharing confused and sad faces.

"This is just too much. This is just way too much" We could hear JB whispering.

"What are you talking about JB? Whats too much?" I asked.

I could hear him sniffing and he removed his hands from his face, as he wiped his eyes.

Jinyound immediately came to his side and sat down in front of him.

"Whats going on with you Im Jaebeom?" Jinyoung said, calling him by his full name.

JB looked up at all of our worried faces and he turned his body to face us.

He took in a deep breath and began to speak.

"I have something that I have been hiding for the past few months. I didnt want to tell you guys because I didnt think it would be this serious"

"Serious?" Youngjae cut it. He stood up and moved closer to JB.

"Its obvious that you guys have been noticing i've been in pain, but I was just brushing it off telling you it was nothing, that I was fine" He continued.

"But thats not true. I have been having severe chest pains, to the point where I have spasms in my back or where my body parts have gone numb and I cant feel my limbs"

"Oh my god JB" I said. Yugyeom, Jackson, Bambam and I, all moved closer to him.

"Henry and I have been in and out of the hospital, giving blood, taking numerous amounts of tests and they havent been able to determine what it is or how to fix it" He stopped talking and took in small breaths.

"They said--They said I only have two more years max" 

We all looked at eachother.

"Two more years for what?" Jackson asked.

JB buried his face in his hands again and started to cry even harder.

"Oh no" Jinyoung immediately went in for a hug.

"Oh my god" I went in for a hug as well.

"JB" Bambam said.

Everyone soon joined into the hug. We all began to cry, especially after seeing the state JB was in.

 

*Aaliah's Pov*

Changbum pulled into my driveway.

"Please call me if you need to talk" Changbum said.

"Okay" I tried my best to smile.

"Im serious" He pointed a finger at me.

That actually made me smile.

I waved and he drove off.

I saw Sangwoo's car in the driveway, so I guess he was home. But there was another car parked next to his.

I tussled with my keys and opened the front door.

I locked it and turned around, meeting eyes with Sangwoo and Henry on the couch.

"Oh hey" Henry said.

"Hi" I rudely said, but I couldnt help it.

Seeing Henry reminded me of JB. I dont know how they know each other but it resparked my anger when I saw him.

"Sorry I dont know whats wrong with her" I heard Sangwoo apologize on my behalf.

"She was out with your brother at the beach" 

I stopped dead in my tracks, halfway up the stairs.

Did he just say brother?

JB and Henry are brothers?

I continued stomping up the stairs and stopped when I reached my room.

"I hope you arent anything like that jackass you call your brother!" I screamed, hoping they heard me.

I slammed the door, locking it and sat down on my bed.

I heard footsteps going up the stairs and I slowly slid down to fall on my bed.

The doorknob twisted but I locked it so they couldnt get in.

"You know, I do have keys" I heard Sangwoo on the other side.

"Im sorry...can I just be alone right now?" I asked, in a softer tone.

"Yeah...But I want an explanation when you're feeling better" He said, and I heard his footsteps fade.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Ari's number.

It rang over and over again and went to voicemail.

"Oh yeah, time difference" I sighed and hung up.

I realized I should just leave her a voicemail for when she wakes up and I could apoligize for rushing off the phone.

I called again and heard it rang once, and then it cut off and went to voicemail. 

Did she reject my call?

"Hey Ari. Im guessing since you sent to me voicemail, you're really pissed at me. Its okay and im sorry that I rushed you off the phone. I was just at the beach with these guys I met and I thought that I had something with one of them, but it turns out that he's just like the rest. Please, dont ignore me for long because I need a friend, someone who knows me , that I can talk to and wont judge. Again im sorry and please call me back"

I hung up the phone and went to the bathroom.

I took a shower to get all the salt water out my hair and off my body and to just think about everything that happened today.

After 20 minutes, I stepped out the shower and put on my pjs and headed down the stairs.

I didnt bother taking the towel off my head.

I made it down when I saw Henry about to leave out the door.

"Henry wait!" I stopped him from walking out.

"I wanna apologize for what I said. I didnt know that JB was your brother and after what happened, I just snapped at you and you didnt deserve it. I hope you can forgive me" I finished.

"Did my brother do something to you?" He asked.

He closed the door and walked up to me.

"Everything was going so well. We were hugging, laughing, holding hands, he was buying me food, but then its like his sweet boy persona just vanished. Once nightfall occured, he changed. He keep trying to kiss me, even after I told him I wasnt ready" I said, and thats when it hit me.

I was finally feeling the sad emotions as I felt my eyes watering a bit.

"Is he like this to all girls? Is he really a hit it and quit it kind of guy? Butter you up all day and then at night, he gets hungry!" I blinked and a single tear fell down.

I quickly wiped it away as Henry came in for the hug.

"I am so sorry" He rubbed my back.

"I thought he changed. He told me that he was going to do better. Im seriously going to talk to him when I get home but please dont hate him. He's going through a lot right now and I just think he doesnt know how to handle it, but I will talk to him"  He said.

He let go of the hug and walked out the door.

Sangwoo locked the door and looked at me.

I sighed, ready to hear my lecture.

 

~~~

*The Next Week*

All week ive been dreading this moment. The day I had to go back to school, I mean this all felt so high schoolish. 

This morning, Sangwoo went deep into his lecture again about 'dont talk to that boy again or he'll have to deal with me'. I really appreciate how protective he is over me although we just met. But in reality, he is responsible for me.

I walked into the class and sat in the fourth row this time, but in the corner. Changbum walked into the class and headed up the stairs. He stopped walking when he noticed that I wasnt at the top and I could see him looking around to see if I was in the classroom.

I hadnt seen him since that day, but we texted here and there.

He eventually saw me staring at him and he ran up to me before anyone would take the empty spot next to me.

"No back today?" He asked.

 I shook my head.

"How are you feeling?" He pushed out his lips a bit.

"Im doing okay now. I may have over reacted just a tiny bit, but I do know that I cant be friends or talk to him anymore. I still do like him, I just cant be with someone with that kind of reputation" I said.

Changbum just nodded his head.

As if he knew he was being talked about, JB and Jackson walked into the room.

I saw him immediately look up in the top corner of the room. After noticing I wasnt there, he looked down and walked to his seat.

I couldnt help but watch him until he sat down.

He looked up and we made eye contact and instantly his face brightened.

I looked away and focused my attention on the instructor, who was going through his notes.

Changbum and I actually payed attention in class since we were in the front today.

Once class was over, we both walked to the vending machine because we were really hungry and couldnt wait.

Today Changbum was going to my house just to hang out in my giant backyard and do some homework, so Sangwoo wasnt going to be picking me up.

 

*JB's Pov*

I thought she wasnt at school today because she wasnt in her spot in the corner of the room.

I eventually saw her and I couldnt help but smile because its been so long that I've seen her face. She just turned and looked away from me and I felt a pain in my chest, and not from my sickness. After I told the guys what happened, things have become a little bit easier. I felt a weight lifted on my chest because I didnt have to hide it from them anymore. Also, the guys have come over to my place more often to check up on me and to make sure I was in good health. I couldnt ask for anymore of them.

But at the same time, about 50 more bricks just landed on my shoulders because she wont even talk to me. I've tried calling and texting her, but she hasnt responded back to me. I heard an ear full from Henry that night. He told me that she yelled at him because of my actions and that she even cried. I mean i've made plenty of women cry, not that im proud of that, but it just felt different with her.

I spent the class time writing down whatever the professor wrote on the board, but I wasnt listening because I just couldnt focus.

After class, she and Changbum left before Jackson and I.

Once we made it out, I saw her skipping to the vending machine like she had no care in the world. No worries. Was I the only one really affected by this? Was she tossing me to the side that quick?

We were headed to meet with the rest of the guys and we found them next to the parking lot.

Youngjae and Yugyeom were telling us about this guy who kept farting in their class and how bad it smelt.

A few minutes later, I could hear her voice as she and Changbum were about to walk passed us.

"Hey!" Bambam said, waving at her.

She just looked at us and nodded her head towards Bambam, and continued walking.

Bambam pushed my shoulders.

"See what you did JB! Now she wont even talk to me. ME! I did nothing to her" He whined.

"Bambam shut up, this isnt about you" Mark said.

I ignored them and just watched her get inside Changbum's car as they drove away.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Im sorry if this chapter was boring :( I hope not.

But thank you for all your comments, your support keeps me writing! <3