Chapter 13

Before I'm Gone

I woke up the next day feeling extremely tired.

I stretched my body and felt my foot kick papers off the bed.

I groaned. 

I actually completed all of my homework last night and I left all my books and papers spread out on my bed.

I got out of bed and picked up all my papers that fell on the floor and put them in my backpack.

I walked to my closet and grabbed my clothes for the day and went to shower.

I didnt shower for too long cause I just wasnt feeling it.

I changed and walked towards the door so I could go downstairs.

I stopped walking when I noticed an envelope on my desk by the door.

I picked it up and it said JB wanted me to give this to you written on the cover.

I opened it and took out the paper. Inside was a letter and it was pretty long.

I'm writing this message cause I feel really bad, thinking about the way I hurt you makes me feel terrible. Im sorry I betrayed your trust and tried to rush things. I know sorry's not enough because I'm such a screw up.. But for whatever its worth I wanted to say, that you cross my mind every single day. Theres just something different from all the other girls i've met. There's always that one girl that you will never forget. The one girl that will have your heart forever. That one girl that could make you smile on the worst of days. She's everything you could dream of and more. The girl you are going to miss every day for the rest of your life if you let her go. And so im trying my luck. Its 1am and im writing this to you because its the only thing on my mind these days.  I'm thinking about what we could of been if I didn't make that silly mistake. This is actually my first time writing a letter to any girl, so I hope im doing it right. I never meant to hurt you. I really hope you can find a place in your heart to forgive me then one day we can be together properly.

I closed the letter.

Was he just confessing his love to me?

I opened the letter and read it again.

Apart of me was dying inside, but another part of me was telling me not to fall for it.

I shoved the letter in my bag and walked downstairs.

I met up with Sangwoo who was in the kitchen as always.

"Hey I woke up a a little late so I couldnt cook anything as nice as normal" He said.

I looked at my plate.

"Are you kidding? This is amazing" I told him.

He just smiled and made a plate for himself.

We both sat and ate and I debated whether or not to tell him about the letter JB wrote.

In the end, I decided its best not to.

"So what did the letter say?" He said, and I shot my head towards his direction.

"H-How did you know?" I stuttered. Crap.

"You think I was just gonna let Henry go in your room without an explanation" He laughed.

I reached for my bag and took out the letter and handed it to him.

I watched his facial expressions changed over and over as he read it.

"Hm" Was all he said as he handed it back to me.

I folded it back and put it in my bag again.

"What should I do?" I asked.

"Whatever you feel is right" He said.

"I just dont know if I can trust him. I mean the feeling are there, but the trust isnt" I confessed.

"Well then, theres your answer. If you cant trust him, theres no point in being with him" He looked at me.

"Okay" I said, and finished eating my food.

~~

Sangwoo drove me to school and I thanked him like always.

"Im picking you up today right?" He asked.

"Yeah" I nodded.
"Okay. See ya" He drove off.

I began walking towards my class.

Random people were waving at me and saying hi, just because I knew Sangwoo.

I politely waved back and made it to my class.

I sat down in my usual spot in the corner and someone sat down next to me.

I looked over at the person, hoping it wasnt JB.

It was one of the boys Changbum introduced me to last week. I just couldnt remember his name.

"Hello" He smiled and waved.

"Hi" I smiled back.
"I know you dont remember my name" He laughed.

"Im Rokhyun" He smiled.

I dont remember even seeing him in here last week. Thats how fast I left out.

The door opened and I looked up to see JB.

We made eye contact and I had to look away because I felt my lips curve into a smile.

I looked back at Rokhyun.

"How are you?" I asked him.

We engaged in a conversation until the instructor came in the classroom.

I found out that he and Changbum have been friends since high school and that Changbum is afraid of heights.

I might be able to use that against him one day.

The instructor went on and on with his lesson as I took my notes.

"Does anybody know what the earliest theory of sleep is, also known as the inactivity theory?" The instructor asked.

I remembered learning about that when I was New York.

I slowly raised my hand, and the instructor called on me.

Everyone's head turned in my direction and I felt nervous to speak.

"Doesnt that mean that inactivity at night is an adaptation that served a survival function by keeping organisms out of harm's way at times when they would be particularly vulnerable" I said.

The way it came out my mouth made me sound really smart.

"Yes. Thats correct" He said.

I smiled in my head for knowing the answer.

Everyone turned their heads back to the instructor except one person. I could feel the stares on the side of my face.

I looked over and saw JB still staring at me.

I calmly turned my head back to the instructor and tried to focus on the lecture he was giving on the evolutionary theory.

~~

When class was over, I bid goodbye to Rokhyun and made my way out the door to go to my next class.

I made a pit stop to the vending machine because I was thirsty.

I stared at the machine for a good 40 seconds before I decided on what to get.

I put in my money and pushed the number to despense my drink and I watched as the little arm snatched the drink and rudely threw it in the slot for me to grab.

"Thank you" I said to the machine as I took it.

I turn around and was face to face with JB.

"AHH" I threw my drink in the air.

JB caught it and handed it to me.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I said and walked away.

He followed behind me.

"I didnt mean to scare you" He said.

"Then what was your plan being so close to me?" I looked at him.

He held on to my shoulder, causing me to stop walking.

"What? I have to get to my next class" I said, a little rude.

"Did you get my letter?" He asked.

"Yes" I simply said.

"Well did you read it?" He asked again.

I nodded.

"Is that why you're ignoring me still? Was it a bad idea? Im sor-" 

I pulled him along with me as I took us to a more secluded place.

I let go of his arm and we stared at eachother until I spoke.

"I read your letter and I cant lie if I said my heart didnt flutter a bit" I said, and he smiled.

"I can find in myself to forgive you. Its true I may have exaggerated a little bit and I shouldnt just ignore you everytime were around eachother. But after what happened between us and seeing how your reputation is true, I dont know if I could trust you if I was in a relationship with you" I admitted.

"So its just trust that's the issue?" He asked, a little hope present in his voice.

"Look. Im saying that I'd rather persue a friendship with you than anything else" I told him.

He looked hurt from my words.

"But didnt you read my letter? Im sure its clear that being friends with you isnt enough for me" He said.

"Well it has to be enough. I just cant be with someone with a reputation like ours" I said.

"Im sorry. The offer of being friends will always be on the table if you want it" I finished and walked away.

As I was walking I was talking to myself in my head.

Was I being too harsh? Im never good as things like this.

I didnt get far, because I felt my arm being grabbed and I was turned around.

"I cant just let you walk out of my life like this" JB said.

"Out of your life? JB I said we could still be friends-"

"I just cant be friends with you. Why cant you get that!?" He raised his voice at me, but not too loud.

"Why not? Whats your problem with that!" I said back.

"Because I dont have much time left okay!" He yelled this time.

"Wait what-"

"I only have two years left on this earth okay! I cant spend those two years being your friend. I need you, I have to have you. To spend my last moments in this world with you. My heart has found its way to you with all its love. I want no one else but you, forget about my reputation. I want us to work. I need us to work. You make me want to see the sunrise everyday and know thats its just not another day that im slowing dying away. I know we just met and this may seem crazy but I know what I feel in my heart is love and you dont need to say it back because I know your heart isnt there yet but I need you to know mine. I dont know what else you want me to do, im standing here pouring out my heart to you"

By this time, he had tears falling from his eyes.

All I could do was hold him because I felt like he would fall and break at any moment.

I just held him in his vulnerable state and rubbed his back.

This was all so new to me, finding someone who was so emotional and invested in me.

I noticed that people were starting to appear now and so I removed JB's head from my shoulder and took a look at his face.

I wiped the tears from his eyes and held him again.

I felt so bad that he was suffering with all these feelings alone and I instantly felt terrible that I was ignoring him these past few days.

How could I say no to him when he's like this?

I rubbed his back again and I could feel him squeezing the hug, like if he let go he'd shatter into pieces .

The person I heard about before was definitely not the same person in my arms in this moment.

"If you sincerly mean everything you said, then I can accept your offer" I whispered to him.

I felt him slowly release the hug as he looked at me.

"Really?" He smiled.

He looked so cute because his eyes were completely non-visible from how hard he was smiling.

He hugged me again.

"Thank you so much" He said. "I promise we can take this as slow as you want, as long as I have you" 

He released the hug again and we stared at eachother for a while.

"Im pretty sure im late to class" I said.

He laughed and I helped him wipe the remainder of tears off his face.

"You can go if you want?" He suggested.

"No its okay. Im already late" I smiled.

"Do you mind....?" He dragged on. I followed his eyes and saw he was looking at my hand.

I immediately grabbed his hand, connecting our fingers.

"You dont have to ask for something like this" I laughed.

We stood there hand in hand. 

"So, where should we go?" He asked.

"I dont know, im not from here" I told him.

"Oh, yeah" He nervously laughed.

It felt just like when we were at the beach, and it was a nice feeling.

"Oh, I know a place" He said, pulling me into a direction and I just followed.

I guess as of now, JB and I are officially dating.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I just want to give a quick shoutout to someone who recently joined AFF. Shes also doing a GOT7 story, and its really good. I ask if you guys can show her the same support as you do me! She also gave me a role in her story which is exciting. Her story is called 45 Days of Fame Thank you!(: