Chapter 16

Before I'm Gone

I learned a few things from Cara and we spent the other half of the session taking photos together.

I looked over at Sangwoo and they were focused and serious, which made me even more glad that I had Cara. 

I posted the photos on my facebook and immediately recieved a lot of likes and comments from friends back home:

  • "OMG is that Cara?"
  • "Waa~ im so jelly!"
  • "Get it girl! I see you made it (:"
  • "Im so proud of you. Tell her I said hi"

And then my favorite one:

  • "OMFG! YOU ACTUALLY MET CARA DELEVINGNE. CALL ME WHEN YOURE NOT BUSY AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Can you guess who that was from?

....... Ari

I laughed as I read all the comments and encouragements from people back in New York.

Hope theyre all jealous. I thought to myself.

~~~

After the meeting was over, I actually got Cara's number and she told me if I needed anything, dont hesitate to call her.

I was definitely taking that offer.

Sangwoo and I were now on our way home.

The radio was playing in the background and im sure you can guess what song came on next.

JB was right, they are playing it everywhere.

Speaking of, I never checked to see if he replied to me from this morning. 

My whole day was filled with my role model and I didnt bother checking any messages.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I had 4 new messages, all from JB.

From: JB 

How is your day so far? I hope you're having a wonderful day. I keep thinking about you

From: JB

Awh~ no reply *cries in corner*

From: JB 

You must not be thinking about me as much as I am thinking of you *sad face* I guess you are busy..dont forget about me.

From: JB

I wanna see you!! When arent you busy?

The last text he sent was about 45 minutes ago.

I replied back to him.

To: JB

Sorryyy, I spent the day with my favorite person..im not ignoring you *turns frown upside down*

From: JB

Who else besides me is making you happy? Are you cheating already? *sorry im frowning again*

I sent him one of the photos Cara and I took together.

To: JB

Dont be silly! I thought about you this morning..and I am now so be happy

By this time, Sangwoo and I were walking into the door.

"Im not hungry so no need to make me dinner" I said, as I walked up the stairs.

He just replied with an 'okay'.

I showered and changed my clothes and layed down in my bed.

I saw I had a new text message.

From: JB

When can I see you, .... I miss you 

To: JB 

Im only free on Sunday but staahp~ youre making me blush 

There was a knock on my door and Sangwoo appeared.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked.

I tried to fix my expression.

"What do you what?" I smiled.

"I just came to say make sure you get plenty of rest because we have a big day ahead of us in the morning" He said.

"Okay" I nodded.

"You can get back to texting your boyfriend now" He smirked and hurried up and closed the door before I could say anything. 

I fell back on the bed and hid my face in my blankets.

~~~

I woke up extra early and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

It was too cold to shower, being 4:45 am.

I slowly walked down the stairs, careful to not make any noise.

I dimmed the lights in the kitchen and I took out the pots from the cabinet.

I grabbed my phone and turned down the brightness.

I went to my messages.

To: JB 

Good morning, are you dreaming of me? 

I scrunched my face at how fluffy I was.

I spent about 35 minutes cooking, until the lights completely , hurting my eyes and a sleepy Sangwoo came sliding his feet into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I told you I was going to cook for you. I just want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done for me so far" I said, flipping over the pancake.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Awh, thank you" I heard him say.

I looked back and he sat down on one of the stools and just watched as I cooked.

"You look like me right now" I said, laughing.

"No if I was you, i'd be shooting daggers into your back as you cooked" He joked.

I scoffed.

"I do not" I looked at him.

"No wait" He pretended that he was texting. "Now im you"

"Oh my god, whatever" I laughed and put the pankcake on the plate.

"If you dating means that you'll be cooking breakfast, then im all for this relationship" He said.

"Ehh~ you kinda pushing it" I looked back at him.

I finished the rest of the pancakes and walked over to him, putting his plate in front of him just as he would do for me.

"Thank you" He smiled.

"Mhm" I said, sitting down next to him and eating.

When we finished eating, it was going on 6am. 

I put our dishes in the sink and I went upstairs to finally shower.

I put on some casual clothes and met Sangwoo downstairs, who was watching TV.

He stood up and he looked super casual as well.

"Lets go" I said.

My phone vibrated and I checked my message.

From: JB

Why are you up so early? You beat me to it  but good morning beautiful. I really want to see you. Do you have a skype..get one anyway  I need to see you

I got in the car and replied back.

To: JB

Yes I do, lets skype when I get back okay...btw dont tell me what to do

~

Sangwoo and I pulled into an empty driveway.

We got out the car and traded places.

"Oh, im nervous now" I said.

"Dont say that" He looked at me. "Just relax and focus"

I took in a deep breath and put on my seat belt. I checked all the mirrors and adjusted the seat to my height. Sangwoo being giant and all I had to pull the seat foward, closer the steering wheel.

Once I was good on all of that, I slowly the engine.

"Oh, listen to that baby purr" I said, causing Sangwoo to burst out in laughter.

I shifted the gear off of park and put it into drive.

I removed my foot off the brake and slowly pushed on the gas as we began to move.

"Oh~~" I said happily as we drove along.

"See you're doing so good" He encouraged.

I pushed a little bit more on the gas as we began to more faster. 

I was successfully making my turns and even tried parking in betweens the lines.

~

I figured we were alone in the parking, since it was so early in the morning.

I was driving not staying in the lines and just getting the feel of what it was like driving when a car came around a bush and appeared out of nowhere.

I slammed on the brakes and was inches from hitting the car.

I ended up hitting my head on the steering wheel and Sangwoo had reached his arm out in order to protect me, just like my parents would.

I felt my hands shaking and the other car drove off.

I reached for the gear and put the car in park.

Sangwoo took off his seatbelt and got out the car, he came to my side and opened the door.

He unbuckled my seatbelt and helped me out the car.

"Its okay, you still did great. That car came out of nowhere its not your fault" He rubbed my back.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" He examined my forehead.

"No, I just think this might bruise" I rubbed my forehead.

"Come on, get in" He said, getting in the drivers seat. 

I walked and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Should we get some ice cream?" He asked.

"Sangwoo, its like 8 in the morning" I laughed.

"How about coffee then?" He suggested.

"Coffee sounds like heaven right now" I said.

"Coffee it is then" He said and drove off.

~

Sangwoo ended up taking us to the same cafe I went to with Mark and Bambam.

"Is this place popular? Because I came with not to long ago with JB's friends" I asked him.

"I guess its pretty popular. But this is Henry and JB's parents cafe" He said.

My mouth dropped. How come neither Mark or Bambam mentioned any of this to me.

I looked around the place more and I saw a few photos of a couple with two small children. 

I looked closer into the photo and realized that the kids did look very similar to Henry and JB.

"Wow~" I was amazed.

The same waitress from last time came up to us. 

She looked like she knew who Sangwoo was already and said 'americano' to him. 

I guess he was a regular also.

She looked at me and I could tell she remembered who I was.

"Hazelnut Cappucino?" She asked me.

"Yes!" I said. I couldnt believe she remembered my order.

Sangwoo and I spent most of our time in the cafe talking and I noticed from both times being in here, the time goes by quickly and its a very comforting place.

We made it back home around 5pm.

I took off my shoes and made my way upstairs.

"I actually have to be somewhere, so make sure you lock up and make sure you eat something" He said.

"Okay" I waved goodbye and he walked out the door.

On the way home, I asked JB what his skype username was so I grabbed my laptop and searched for him and added him.

I called and within seconds, his face appeared on the screen.

We both smiled 

"Hey~" We said at the same time.

"What happened to your forehead?" Was the next thing out his mouth.

I touched my forehead. I had completely forgot that I bumped it and it was propbably bruised and Sangwoo never said anything cause he knew I would freak out.

"I hit my head on the steering wheel while I was driving" I frowned. 

"Does it look bad?" I asked him.

"You still look beautiful" He smiled.

I covered my face.

"Ah~ Stop" I said.

"Stop covering your face everytime I say that" He laughed.

"Hey Aaliah!" I heard.

I saw Henry appear in the corner of the screen.

"Oh. Hey!" I waved back at him.

"Henry, get out!" JB threw a pillow at him.

I couldnt help but laugh.

"So how was your day?" I asked him as I laid down on my bed.

I dont know why, but I started to get really tired. It was like the coffee was either wearing off or I was just having an opposite reaction to it.

~

"Hey-hey! Are you even listening?" JB said.

He was telling me a story about what he and Henry saw while grocery shopping today.

"Hm? Oh, yeah im listening" I felt myself drifting off again.

"Noo~ Youre falling asleep on me" I could hear JB say.

I couldnt fight the urge any longer to keep my eyes open and eventually, I dont when, but I ended up falling asleep during our Skype call.