Chapter 12

Before I'm Gone

I slowly felt my eyes opening and I groaned. 

I've gotten use to waking up early in the morning now.

I tried to roll over but something was restricting me from moving. I reached down to touch my stomach and felt an arm around my waist.

I quickly swung the arm over and released myself from the grip.

I looked over and glared at Changbum, who was sleeping soundly.

His chest was slowly moving up and down as he let out little snores here and there, and his hair was covering his eyes.

"Get up!" I shook him.

This time, he actually responded slowly opening his eyes.

He looked at me with one eye opened and then looked around the room.

"Did I really fall asleep here?" He asked, his morning voice was husky and coarse.

"Dont act so suprised. You know you slept here on purpose" I said to him.

"Now get up and shower, im forcing you to take me somewhere since you slept in my bed" I said and walked out the room.

I made my way down the stairs as I smelled something sweet.

I sat down on one the stools underneath the counter and stared at Sangwoo's back as I watched him cook some food.

He turned around and jumped, almost dropping the plate of food in his hands.

"OH MY GOD! You scared me. How are you so quiet?" He said, putting down a plate in front of me.

"You're looking at a girl who use to sneak out with her best friend to go to concerts" I smirked.

He looked at me suprised and I put my finger over my lips to say 'shh'.

"Is Changbum awake?" He asked.

"Yeah. He's in the shower" I said, taking a bite of the delicious belgian waffles he had made.

A few minutes later, I could see Changbum walking down the stairs in the same clothes as yesterday and his hair was wet.

"You're going to get sick" I said, walking to the bathroom that was downstairs.

I walked back to Changbum and angrily began to dry his head.

I could see Sangwoo watching us. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes at the smile plastered on his face.

"Now sit down and eat!" I demanded Changbum, as I went to get his food out of the microwave.

"Is she always like this?" I heard Changbum say to Sangwoo.

"I dont know. I just met her too" Sangwoo laughed.

I placed it down in front of him and sat down and continued eating my food.

"Is anybody wondering where you are?" I asked him.

He shook his head.

"I texted my parents telling them I was sleeping at a friends" He said, mouth full of waffles.

My mouth dropped.

"So you did sleep here on purpose" I pinched his shoulder.

"And you let him stay here" I pointed my finger at Sangwoo, glaring as well.

"Because I trust him" Sangwoo said, smirking.

I just turned my body away and continued eating.

~~~

Once we were done, I went upstairs to shower and Changbum stayed down and watched TV with Sangwoo.

I got finished showering and got dressed and made my way downstairs.

"Lets go Bum, i'll be back later Sangwoo" I said, walking towards the door.

Changbum followed as I waited for him to unlock the door.

We sat in the car and he started the engine.

"Where are you going? He asked.

"They said its called Coffee for the Seoul. Do you know where that is?" I looked at him.

"Who's they?" He questioned.

"Bambam and Mark" I told him.

He shut off the engine.

"Why are you hanging with them after what happened?" He said.

"They didnt do anything, it was JB. And they really wanted to hang out with me and what am I supposed to say? No? You're the nicest person I've meet here, beside Sangwoo, but I dont want you to be my only friend here. If you dont want to take me, I can just ask Mark to pick me up" I said.

It was quiet for a while.

"No. I'll take you" He started his car again and began driving.

Besides the radio playing, the ride was silent and I could feel the tension in the air.

After 20 minutes of non-communicating, Changbum turned down the radio.

"Im just looking out for you and I dont want them to take advantage of you because you're new here" He said.

"I understand. Im not mad at you or anything" I smiled at him, just to show I was fine.

He smiled back and then focused his attention back on the road.

I turned the radio back up and just admired the city.

~

We arrived at a cafe and I took of my seatbelt.

"Do you need me to pick you up?" Changbum asked.

"No, its fine. Thank you though, I'll see you on Saturday" I waved and he drove off.

I walked inside and found the cafe very modern and I liked it.

I searched around until I spotted Mark's smile. He was laughing at something Bambam had said.

I walked up to them and stood next to their sitting figures.

"Hi" I said.

They both looked up at me and stood up. Bambam hugged me first, pushing Mark out the way.

I just laughed and hugged him back.

Mark hugged me next and he squeezed me tight.

The hug lasted a bit longer than it shouldve, but I wasnt complaining.

He released the hug and told Bambam to move over so that I could sit across from them.

The waitress came up to me but she didnt speak English. 

I looked at Mark for help.

"She wants to know, if you would like to order something" Mark told me.

"Oh" I smiled and looked at the menu.

"I'll get a Hazelnut Cappuccino" I told Mark.

He translated it to the waitress and she bowed and walked away.

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

"So I have a question" I shot out.

They both looked at me.

"Whats the deal with JB? Like why does he act the way he does?" 

I knew they probably invited me not to talk about JB but I couldnt help but ask.

I could hear both of them sigh.

"JB wasnt always a player" Mark started.

The waitress came back with my drink and I thanked her.

"Yeah, he was always the nicest. The nicest of all of us actually. He was sweet to all his girlfriends, he had all A's, played sports" Bambam cut in.

"What happened then?" I asked.

"It was two years ago. JB and his older brother, Henry, were out at the field practicing for JB's championship tournament. Their parents wanted them to come home so that they could go out for dinner, but JB was being stubborn and wanted to spend all his time practicing. He got into an arguement with his parents about not spending quality time together and always worrying about soccer and friends.They finally decided to go home around 11 o'clock that night, to find out that their parents werent home and they figured that they went out to eat without them. But when their parents never came back the next day, thats when they began to worry and later on that day, they saw on the news that their parents were involved in a car accident moments after the phone call between the two occured and that they were killed instantly upon contact" Mark finished.

My heart softened. I couldnt imagine what that must feel like.

"JB soon changed after that. He quit the team, because he blamed it as the reason for their death. He broke up with his girlfriend and started partying a lot" Bambam said.

"He said he was going to change and he was changing, but he's also going through something right now, which probably is resorting him back into his old ways"

"Whats wrong with him?" I asked.

"He's--"

Mark cut off Bambam.

"I think that's something he should to explain on his own" He glared at him.

~~

We ended up staying at the cafe for a few hours.

I got to learn more about Bambam and Mark, and what their majoring in and how they see their future.

They were really nice guys and im glad that they offered to be friends, otherwise I would have kept ignoring them.

"Are you going to talk to Youngjae, Yugyeom, Jackson or Jinyoung?" Bambam asked.

"Im not so sure about Jackson, but the other seem nice. Yugyeom's very quiet. We've never spoken to eachother so I might want to get to know him. And Jinyoung and Changbum seem to know eachother, so I might be seeing him a lot and Youngjae. He's so adorable. Of course i'll talk to him" I smiled.

"But not as adorable as me" Bambam  said, making cute gestures.

"Im not going to choose" I told him, laughing.

"Jackson's really not that bad of a guy, you just have to look passed all of his flirty passes and soon you'll get use to it" Mark said.

"Yeah I'll think about it" I told him.

"What about JB?" Bambam asked.

"What about him?" I said.

"Are you going to talk to him again?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair

"I feel completely bad for what happened, but I dont know if I could. It goes against everything I tell other girls. 'Dont go back to a man who doesnt respect your wishes'. I have to think about it" I told them.

"Please do" Bambam said.

Mark decided not to engage in our conversation about talking to JB, as he just watch Bambam and I communicate back and forth.

~

Another hour had passed and we decided to leave.

"Hey is it okay if you give me a ride home?" I asked Mark.

"No problem, remember I told you..anytime" He smiled.

"Bambam get it the back!" He scolded Bambam, who hopped in the passenger seat.

"Fine" He pouted and hopped in the back.

"If you messed up my leather seats, i'll kill you" Mark said to him.

I just laughed at the both of them.

I gave him the address to Sangwoo's place and he looked suprised.

"Isnt this the neighborhood where all the rich people live?" He asked.

I nodded. 

"To be honest with you guys...."

I told them the whole story as to why I was here, just as I did to Changbum, and they were shocked too.

"Like THE Kim Sangwoo?" Bambam asked.

I looked back at him.

"Yes" I laughed, and showed him and picture Sangwoo and I randomly took one day while watching TV.

"That is so cool" He said.

We pulled into the driveway to the house and they were in awe.

"You live here?" Mark asked.

"Yeah" I smiled and took off my seat belt.

"Thank you for the ride, really!" I leaned over to hug him.

Again, he squeezed me tight and held on for a long time.

He eventually let go and I turned around to hug Bambam. He let go and blew me a kiss.

I pretended to gag and got out the car.

I smiled and waved as he drove off and I saw Bambam to climb in the passenger seat as he backed out.

I could see Mark yelling at him again and I laughed as I searched for my keys.

I walked inside and I heard noises outside in the backyard.

I walked out there and heard splashing.

I swear if that's Changbum. I thought, as I stomped over to the pool.

I reached the pool and saw Sangwoo and Henry inside the water.

"Oh" I said quietly.

"Hello" I spoke outloud to them, they turned.

"Oh youre home" Sangwoo said.

They swam to the edge of the pool right next to me.

I caught myself staring at them, and looked away to the view.

I had to get use to living with a guy and being around all these guy friends I now had.

"Do you want to come in?" I heard Henry say.

I looked down at him.

"No im okay. Im just going to go to my room and work on some homework, I just wanted to know who was out here" I said.

"Okay. Have fun" Sangwoo said, turning around and began swimming again.

"If you change your mind, we'll still be here" Henry winked and swam off too.

I turned around.

Oh my god. I thought as I walked away, covering my blushing face.

What is this new life I have to live.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for the comments. Also, the one about me putting in pictures.....you're welcome! Its just that I like seeing references when I read stories so I want to do that for you guys as well! Im glad you guys are loving the story, it literally takes hours to write one chapter lol like right now its 12:15 am and I started this at like 3pm...I know ahahaha anyways please continue to support. thank you(: *inserts heart emoji*