Chapter 24

Before I'm Gone

I drove straight to the problem.  

I saw JB sitting down on his porch, reading a magazine.

I pulled up right in front of his house and he stood up when he saw the car stop.

Hopping out the car, I headed straight for his standing figure. 

I saw him put the magazine away, and saw it was the GQ magazine issue where I did my interview.

"Woah, is that your car? Wait! You got your license? Congra-"

I pushed him.

"What was that for?" His smile went away.

"Is Changbum telling the truth?" I said.

"Changbum? What are you still talking to him for!" He started to catch on that we were arguing. 

"That doesnt matter. The fact is that you lied to me" I yelled.

"What did I lie about? I've never lied to you about anything" He said.

"So then you're not dying?" I asked.

He rubbed his face with his hand and sighed.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

I slapped him and walked away to my car.

He ran behind me and turned me around as I was next to the passenger seat of my car.

"I didnt lie" He said.

"Then what? How could you possibly say that you're dying and then just not be randomly" I said.

I wiped away the tears that were starting to fall down and walked around the car to the drivers side.

"Was this your whole plan from the beginning? To trick the new girl into falling for you with some lame excuse about you dying? So did you fake those times you "passed out", and what about the heart surgery? Did Jinyoung help set the whole thing up?" I said.

"Wow" I said after a few moments of silence. "I trusted you, I trusted all of you. Changbum was right, you are a player"

"I didnt-"

"Save it JB! Congrats, you won" I said, getting inside my car and driving away.

I drove away, but not to my house.

Thats where JB thinks I'd go.

Instead, I went to the park. But not the one near my house.

The one an hour away.I just needed to be alone and unbothered.

I texted Sangwoo and told him that I was going to be out late and he didnt need to worry about me. Also if JB came by, to tell him that I wasnt home and to never come back again.

Once I had arrived at the park, I saw that Sangwoo had replied with an "....okay".

I didnt text back, and I sat down on a swing and took a look at the neighborhood that surrounded me.

I spent 45 minutes at the park until I got bored, but I didnt want to go home.

So, I took another drive around the neighborhood.

I ended up seeing a shopping mall in the distance.

I used my gps navigation to find the closest mall, and it took me to that mall.

It happened to be the more upscale malls that I could now afford.

I decided to check it out and get my mind off of you know who.

~~~~

*The Next Week*

Im pretty excited that it is officially summer and I dont have to worry about school for a while.

I wish they would just give me my degree already, I really didnt want to go back.

At least I didnt have to see any of them until then.

JB was constantly calling, skyping and texting me, but I ignored all his request to talk.

He even had Mark, Bambam and all the other guys call me, but I ignored them too.

Im not sure how, but the news of our breakup spread like wild fire within my fandom.

Soon, it hit the blogs that I was single.

Many people guessed that we broke up because of the interview that had just came out.

Many said, it was because I was having an affair with Sangwoo. Which is disgusting.

Only because he is like my brother and because I am older than him, and I dont date younger guys. So whoever said that, needs to learn their facts.

Sangwoo bothered me on and on about what happened between JB and I, and the moment he found out what happened, he cut connections with Henry.

I felt really bad because they had a great friendship before I came in the picture, and I couldnt help but blame myself for the whole thing.

Sangwoo keeps tells telling me that its not my problem and that I shouldnt worry about it, but I cant help it.

Today I felt like going back to the mall I went to last week.

I just thought a little retail therapy might make the pain go away.

I pulled into the parking lot and shut off the engine.

I grabbed my Louboutin purse, so they could see that I belonged in there. I also put on my ray bans and walked into the mall.

I made it inside and smelled the familiar scent they had blasted by the enterance.

I walked inside my favorite store, Topshop, and searched around. 

I bought a few things from there and then went inside of Burberry and used my discount to get a lot of clothes from there.

Thats the plus of modeling for a company, you get half price off of store.

After there, I went inside Kenzo and shopped in there.

I realized that I was adapting the fashion taste of Sangwoo.

I saw pictures of Sangwoo plastered over the store and I took photos of him and sent them to him.

I bought my accessories and walked out the store.

My stomach started growling and I decided to go to the food court.

I went to Panda Express and ordered a large bowl of orange chicken.

Speaking with strangers has gotten a lot easier since i've been here.

The woman handed me my order and I grabbed it, without dropping my bags.

I went to find a seat and walked around a giant pillar that was in the middle of the food court.

I walked around the pillar, and bumped into somebody.

"Oh my god, im sorry" I said, bending down to pick up my bags that fell out my hand that wasnt holding my food.

The person bent down to help me as well.

"Its okay" The voice was a guy, that sounded familiar.

"Are you hurt anywhe-" I stopped talking once I looked up and saw the guy.

The face matched the voice of the guy I thought I would never see again.

"Chris?" I whispered.

"Oh my god, hey" He smiled.

Chris was the last boyfriend I had before JB.

We broke up from the same reason that JB and I arent together anymore, lying.

I later found out after the break up, that he had other girlfriends as well.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"The guys and I are here on tour, what about you?" He asked.

I had forgot Chris was in a band. 

That took up most of our relationship as well, he was so obsessed with his band and getting famous and I was focused on my modeling. And after we broke up, I never reached out to see how he was doing so I guess his dream came true, as well as mine.

"Im working on my modeling out here" I said.

"Oh really? That would make sense on why I saw your picture on the plane ride here. I just never thought I would run into you" He smiled.

I smiled back. 

"Still have that sweater huh?" I laughed sarcastically.

It was a sweater that I bought him our first month of dating. I didnt know that he kept it after we broke up.

It was hard trying to stay calm around Chris, because it was so long since I had seen him and his presence came as a shock to me.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He asked.

"I dont think so" I replied.

"Do you want to go out for dinner or something?" He said.

I sighed.

"Chris. It was good seeing you, but we cant do 'this' again" I said, pointing to the both of us.

I was about to walk away when he stopped me.

"Wait" He sighed.

"I know we ended on a bad note, but im not the same guy you knew a year ago" He said.

"Just one dinner?" He smiled.

I sighed.

"Fine, just one"