Chapter 2

Before I'm Gone

I was finally on the plane, and I was searcing for my seat.

"A28 A28 A28" I whispered as I was looking for my seat.

I found my seat and to my luck, it was the window seat.

I sighed and put my phone down on my seat.

I struggled to get my bag in the top compartment and when I succeeded, I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

I grabbed my phone and sat back down.

More people began to board the plane and I pulled out my phone and went to my camera app.

I angled the camera to get a good photo and snapped it.

I went to my messages and found Ari's name. I added the photo to the message and wrote "about to take off :(". 

I hit send and went back to my camera app and continued taking more photos, just for fun.

I looked around at all the people on the plane and noticed I was the only person of color on here. There were a few American men on here, for business travel im assuming. But mostly, there were only Asian families who were going back home. 

A lot of the young asian boys on this plane were really cute. 

I smiled here and there at the ones who were staring at me, probably wondering if I was on the right flight.

"C28 C28 C28..Ahh. here it is" I heard a guys voice and then they stood next to me.

I looked up from taking my selfies but I couldnt see the persons face because they were putting their bags in the compartment. Wow he's tall.

I was a bit annoyed because I thought at this time of night, nobody would be next to me during my flight.

I turned my head and looked out the window and I felt my seat move, indicating the person sat down.

I know I was being rude, but I didnt want to be here as it is.

"Hello!" I heard the guy say.

The voice sounded so young.

I slowly turned my head and was greeted by a smile.

"Hi" I said.

Omg he's cute. I thought to myself.

"My name is Henry. And you are?" He smiled again.

"Aaliah" I simply said.

"What are you going to South Korea for?" He asked.

See, even he knows I dont belong there.

"Im visiting a friend" I lied.

I didnt want to tell him that im all alone going to a foreign country to pursue my modeling career.

"Ah, nice" He said.

"What about you? Are you going home?" I asked.

"Well im Canadian, so i'd be on the wrong flight" He laughed.

"But I am also visiting a friend" He finished.

"So you're Korean-Canadian?" 

"No im Chinese" He said.

"Oh, sorry" I said, embarrassed.

"No need for apologies" He smiled.

We talked for over an hour straight and I looked down at my phone and didnt realize that Ari texted back 45 mins ago.

I opened her message and it read:

Awh, dont look so sad. Remember Skype when you arrive!(:

I replied back.

OMG Ari. Im sitting next to the cutest boy!

I hit send and put my phone on my lap.

My phone went off not too long after. Dang she replys fast.

I looked at the message.

OMG!!! Take a picture. NOW!

I laughed looking at her text.

I looked over at Henry, who was busy on his phone.

"Um, im sorry but my friend wants to see who im sitting next to. Do you mind if we.." I lifted my phone in the air.

"Oh no its fine. Lets do this" He looked at me and smiled.

"Ok" I said. Oh, this was so embarrassing. Jeez Ari.

I opend up my camera app and angled it so you could see both of us.

I snapped a few photos and thanked him. He replied with a 'no problem'.

I looked through all of them and decided which one to send her.

I flipped through until I got to the last one and my eyes grew wide.

How did I not see him making that face. He looked so cute.

I looked at him and he was concentrated on his phone again.

I decided to send that one to Ari.

OMG he really is cute! Is he single?

I tried covering my mouth so that I wasnt too loud when I laughed.

Im sure he's not single. Hes too cute to be single. Plus, hes visiting a friend..im sure its a girl :/

I responded back.

"Im not dating anyone" He said.

I looked at him in shock.

"M-My friend wants to know, n-not me" I stuttered, waving my hands.

"Sure" He winked.

I looked out the window to hide my even more embarrassed face. 

I dont know when, but I feel asleep on the plane.

I had a dream that I was back in New York and I was at the beach with Ari but all of a sudden there was a giant wave coming to the surface and I tried to run but I couldnt move. It was like somebody was pulling me down. Next thing you know, Ari disappeared and I was alone in a desert. I could spot something headed towards me and I thought it was a person, until it ran after me and I noticed it was a lion. I began running away, screaming for help, although I was alone.I looked back and the lion was directly behind me. When I looked ahead of me I was face to face with a boy. I ran into him, knocking us both on the ground. I looked at the boy and he was tall, asian, black hair and he had a nice smile. I looked around and noticed the lion was gone and I looked back at the boy, but he was gone too and thats when I woke up.

I looked around and noticed that I was still on the plane.

"Oh good, I was just about to wake you up" I heard Henry say.

I looked at him.

"Were landing in 10 mins" He said.

"Oh" I finally understood and tried to wake myself up.

I made sure I had all my things with me and was ready to go.

"It was great meeting you. Do you mind sending me those photos?" He said.

"Sure, um, whats your number?" I grabbed my phone.

I went to the number pad and handed him my phone. He typed in his number and handed the phone back to me.

The plane landed and people began to exit. Henry grabbed his bag and handed me mine as well.

"I hope to see you around, maybe" Henry said.

"Yeah, same here" I said, as we were getting off, heading to baggage claim to get the rest of our stuff.

"See ya" He said, as he saw his stuff first.

"See ya" I waved goodbye and he walked away. 

I patiently waited for my bag and when I saw it, I grabbed it and slowly began walking towards the entrance.

My parents told me that someone would be picking me up from the airport but they didnt know who exactly.

I looked around and I saw a really tall, incredibly good looking, Korean guy holding a sign that said: "Ms. Aaliah" on it and so I walked up to him and just stared.

I didnt know if he spoke English or not so I wasnt sure how to communicate cause I definitely did not speak Korean.

"Are you the young lady im supposed to be picking up?" He spoke in perfect english.

I was shocked. Was that an accent?

"Are you British?" I asked him.

"Yes it is. London. Born and raised" He smiled at me. "So are you..?"

"Oh. Yes im Aaliah" I said.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Sangwoo. Follow me" He said.

He grabbed my suitcases and walked away. I just followed him.

He put my bags in the trunk while I sat in the back.

He got in the drivers seat and looked back at me.

"Are you sure you dont want to sit in the front?" He asked. I just couldnt get enough of his accent.

"Im sure. I dont want to make you feel uncomfortable" I told him. 

"I wouldnt be uncomfortable but okay" He looked back to the front and began to drive.

I was taking in the scenery of the city. It was really nice and I could get use to living here for a year in a half.

I began to look at Sangwoo from the rear view mirror.

"See anything you like?" He joked.

"What kind of driver has those kinds of piercings?" I asked.

"Who said I was a driver?" He laughed a bit. "Im just picking you up from the airport. It doesnt mean I profession in driving" He smiled.

"Oh. Im sorry for judging you" I said. That was twice in one day that I judged someone.

First when I mistaked the boys race on the plane.

~~~

We arrived at the place I assume I will be staying at.

We walked inside and I was I was mind-blown even more.

"You like it?" He asked.

"Are you kidding, I love it" I was excited knowing I would get to live in a place like this.

"Im glad. I spent years building it" He said.

I quickly turned my head to him.

"Wait! This is your house?" I asked.

"Mhm" He nodded his head.

"So I am living...with you" I pointed to him.

"Mhm" He nodded again.

"Im confused' I rubbed my forehead with the palm of my hand.

"I thought I was living with a famous model?"

"Sorry. Let me truly introduce myself. I am Kim Sangwoo. High fashion model all over England and Korea. This is my home and I will be your mentor for the next 18 months. Please, dont be afraid to ask me any questions you may have, for my home is now your home" He smiled.

I was completely uninformed.

"Please say something" He laughed.

"But you're not a girl" Was all I could manage to get out.

"Does it bother you that you will be living with a guy?" He asked.

I thought about it for a while.

"I just wish I would have known in advance, maybe I wouldve packed more modest" I shly smiled.

"Getting you a new wardrobe is no problem" He smiled.

"Just think of me as your oppa" He said.

"My what?" I scrunched in my face.

"Oh, my bad. Like your older brother" He explained for me.

"Oh, ok..oppa" I said and he bursted into laughter.

"You sound so natural" He pet my head and ruffled my hair.

"This will be fun. Follow me, ill show you the rest of the house" He walked away.

The more he showed me the house, the more I fell in love with it.

From the pool, the kitchen, the livingroom, to the backyard.

"And this room, is yours" He stopped at the last room of the house and I stepped inside.

"Oh..my...god" I slowly walked inside.

It was about the size of my whole house in New York.

"Im gonna leave you to unpack. If you need me, my room is right across the hall" He said, closing the door.

The first thing I did was take out my laptop.

I clicked on my Skype app and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" A very sleepy Ari appeared on camera in her pajamas.

"Oh. Did I wake you? I forgot the time difference" I said, feeling bad for waking her up.

"Oh, no its okay. I asked you to call me when you arrived"  She said, clear sleepiness in her voice.

She sat up and the light in her room.

"How do you like Seoul?" She asked.

"Omg!" I tried not to be so loud. "You have to come visit. This house is soooo huge. I mean look at my room" I moved the camera around so she could see my whole room.

I could hear her gasp.

"And get this.The model that im living with is a guy! An extremely hot guy!" I basically screamed.

"No way! Whats his name?" She asked.

"Kim Sangwoo" I told her.

She grabbed her phone and searched his name.

"He is hot. OMG girl you are lucky. And that piercing"

"I know right" I agreed.

"He looks so badass" She said.

"And he's British. When he speaks, I cant help but stare" I laughed.

"Im definitely visiting" She said.

"Please do" I nodded my head.

"Well I should let you sleep. Sorry for waking you. We need to figure out a time where its best for both of us"

"Okay. Goodnight" She said.

"Night!" I waved and then closed my laptop.

I unpacked my things and walked across the hall to Sangwoo's room.

"Um Sangwoo. Im done unpacking" I knocked on the door.

"You can come in" He said.

I slowly walked in and his room was just as big as mine.

"Come. Sit down"  I walked and sat on the surface next to the pillar.

"I dont know if you were told this, but your parents also want you to go to school while youre out here. One as a backup plan and two just so you have something else to do out here" Sangwoo said.

I was shocked, why wouldnt they tell me this. Did they think I would refuse to come out here.

"Luckily" He continued. "Since I have so many connections, I was able to get you into Seoul University. No exams, no payment, free ride" 

My mouth dropped.

"All you have to do is choose your major" He smiled at my reaction.

When I finally closed my mouth, I thought closely on my answer.

"Well before modeling I wanted to go to school for Psychology" I told him.

"Psychology it is then" He clapped.

"Well go get some rest and come down later for dinner. Tomorrow your new life will officially begin" He opened his arms wide.

I laughed and walked out the room.

"Okay, see you at dinner" I went to my new room, changed into something more comfortable and went to sleep in my new bed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OMG I realized the first four senteces all end with seat.

Hahaha. What do you think so far??