Chapter 23

Before I'm Gone

"We sat down with the new hottest face in the industry" I read from the piece of paper.

Sangwoo and I were on our way to the DMV and I finally recieved my copy of the GQ Magazine, for the interview I did 3 weeks ago.

"Aaliah arrived in a fashionable casual outfit with her mentor Kim Sangwoo-"

"They mentioned me?" Sangwoo cut in.

"Yeap" I said, and continued reading.

"And we asked her all the questions we know you're all dying to hear"

Oh, are they?

GQ: So how would you describe your vision of your perfect guy?

A: My perfect guy is kind, gentle and loving. There's a calmness about him and he cares deeply about those around him, especially the one he loves. He has a great sense of humor and can be protective. 

GQ: What is your biggest turn off?

A: Hmm, I think cocky guys are a turn off, also cheaters. Oh, and I cant stand liars.

GQ: Is that a deal breaker for you?

A: Cheating? Or Liars?

GQ: Both

A: Cheaters, definitely. But liars --She paused for a few seconds-- If my guy lied to me about something, I think it'll be hard to forgive him.

GQ: What if it was something small? Like what his favorite food was?

A: I guess something as small as that isnt bad. But if its something thats really big, I think that'll be a problem.

GQ: What about the big "L" word, are you shy about real love?

A: Definitely not, I think that love is beautiful and if you can find someone who truly loves you as much as you love them, that's incredible.

GQ: Nice, nice. Do you have any addictions?

A: Social media. --She laughs-- I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, but I love that I get to interract with my fans on Instagram and Twitter. I also gave access to my Snapchat name so that they can get to know me more on a personal level you know, without all the glam make up, fancy outfits, me hanging with friends, things like that.

GQ: Speaking of your fans, the main question they want to know is, when will you get married.

A: --She laughed before answers-- hopefully soon.

GQ: That brings me to my next question. For those who arent that familiar with you, are you single?

A: Many of my fans know this, but no I have been in a relationship for over 9 months now

GQ: I could tell, I could see your eyes brighten up when you talked about love

A: Really? --She covered her face-- 

I didnt finish reading the magazine because we arrived at the DMV.

I set it aside in the back seat of the car and got out.

~~

So I got my license!!

"Can I drive home?" I asked.

".......I dont think so" He said, laughing.

We got in the car and we drove off. Im pretty familiar with the city now, so knew my way around and I could tell we werent headed home because we passed the street to the house.

"Um, where are we going?" I asked.

"This came in a few months ago and now would be the best time to present it to you" He said, as we turned into a building parking lot.

He got out the car, and I followed behind.

He walked into the building and greeted a man that handed him keys, and then we walked into another part of the building.

"Being famous has its perks" Sangwoo began. 

"I recieved this as a gift from a good friend of mine, and I never used it. And I decided that, it would be a good gift for you" He finished, handing me the keys.

My mouth dropped.

"You're kidding right?" I asked.

"Serious" He said. "Go find it" 

I unlocked the car and heard it chirp. But we were surrounded by so many cars, it was hard to find it.

I kept unlocking the car until I found it lighting up in the distance and ran to it.

I just stared at the car for a few seconds before actually getting inside.

Sangwoo walked up to my window.

"You can drive it when your license comes in the mail" He said.

"But thats not until a week" I whined.

"Sorry. At least you get to see it" He tried to make me feel better.

~~

I spent about an hour examining and learning about my new car.

The lights, wipers, ac, shift gears, everything that I need to memorize before actually getting to drive the car.

We were back at home and I was laying on my bed looking back at the photos I took of my car. 

I was just too obsessed with it,. I debated whether to post it on instagram, but then I didnt want any questions when fans see me walking. Plus I want to suprise JB by driving up to his house in it.

I continued flipping through photos on my phone when I came across one of Changbum and I. 

It was the day we went zip-lining, and we both looked happy and close.

We recently ran into each other about 2 months ago, it was a rather awkward day to say the least.

~Flashback~

We were celebrating Youngjae's birthday at the water park, and it happened to be the busiest day ever so it was extremely packed.

JB, Jackson, Youngjae, Mark and I were waiting in line to go down the giant tube

Bambam, Yugyeom, and Jinyoung were too scared to ride it, so they waited down at the bottom for us.

After carrying the giant raft up the hill, together, they gave it to me to hold, while they played a game.

I was standing there trying to hold the raft, when I got bumped from the back by a raft from a group of people carrying theirs.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I heard the familiar voice behind the raft say.

"Its oka-" 

A face appeared from the raft, revealing Rokhyun.

"Hi" I said, dropping the raft and hugging him.

The nose of the raft hitting the ground caught the attention of the guys.

They just stared at Rokhyun and gave him the dirtiest looks.

I mean, its not his fault that he's friends with Changbum.

Speaking of, the raft that Rokhyun was holding fell to the ground, and behind it stood L.Joe, Changjo, Minwoo, and Changbum.

The atmosphere suddenly grew cold and no one spoke.

"What are you doing here?" JB spoke up first.

"Last time I checked, you didnt own this park" L.Joe stepped up.

"Was anyone talking to you?" Jackson stepped in his face.

"Guys" I got in the middle.

I saw that the people ahead of us were moving and we were almost next to go down.

"There's no point in arguing with a bunch of nobody's" Mark said, grabbing the raft and moving ahead in the line.

Mark and Youngjae started walking and Jackson kept glaring at L.Joe.

I stared at Changbum, who was glaring at JB who was glaring back.

"Lets go" JB finally stopped looking at Changbum and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me along with him.

I grabbed Jackson's hand and pulled him along with us.

I continued to look at Changbum, until JB turned me around.

We were next to go down slide and I wanted to turn around and apologize to Rokhyun so bad but there would be no point to do so.

We made our way up the steps and we each sat down onto the raft. The worker pushed us down and I made eye contact with Changbum as we went down.

~Flashback End~

I sighed, putting down my phone and taking out my homework for tomorrow.

 

*The Next Week*

JB came to pick me up for class.

I sat in the front seat and saw Jinyoung, Bambam, and Jackson in the backseat.

"Oh, hello" I said.

"Wow, she doesnt even seem excited to see us" Bambam said.

"No no no, its not that" I waved my hands. "Normally, he is alone when he picks me up"

JB just drove out the driveway and towards the route to the school.

I kept a conversation with Jinyoung the whole way, about a lot of random topics. While Jackson and Bambam talked about girls, of course, and JB added in a few comments to their conversation.

Within 25 minutes, we were in the school's parking lot.

I walked into the school, hand-in-hand with JB, and the rest of the guys next to us.

Jinyoung and Bambam made their way to the side where the medical major students go, and Jackson stayed with us.

We made it to our classroom and sat down.

I didnt even bother making eye contact with Changbum because I was completely over my friendship with him.

I sat down inbetween Jackson and JB, when my phone vibrated.

I took out my phone and saw I had a text from Changbum.

I rolled my eyes and opened the message.

I looked around to make sure the guys werent looking at my phone, but they were busy talking to this boy named Kim Jongdae behind us.

I looked at the message.

From: Changbum.

Meet me at the park by your house at 6pm

I looked over in his direction and he was looking at me.

I just looked away without acknowledging him and replied.

To: Changbum.

Fine...

I replied and put my phone back in my pocket.

JB and Jackson turned around and started talking to me when the instructor walked in.

~~

"See ya" I got out the car and walked to my driveway.

I smiled and watched as the car disappeared.

I didn't tell any of the guys about the text Changbum sent because I felt that it was something I could handle on my own.

I walked inside the house and made my way to the living room to greet Sangwoo. 

"Hey, something came in the mail for you" He smiled.

"What?" I said, running to the pile of mail on the table.

"OMG!!" I screamed as I ripped open the envelope.

I snatched out my drivers license and kissed it multiple times before hugging Sangwoo.

"Finally" I said.

"Is it okay if I drive it today? I have somewhere to go" I asked.

He thought about it for a while.

"Fine" He smiled.

"Thank you, thank you" I hugged him and ran upstairs.

I changed out of my clothes, into something more comfortable and made my way back out the door.

Two days ago, Sangwoo had my car delivered to the house and it just sat in the garage for me to look at.

I got into the car and drove to the park that was only a 5 minute drive from my house.

I just wanted to show off my new car.

I pulled into the parking lot and already saw Changbum sitting on a bench.

I chripped the car, locking it, gaining the attention of him.

I slowly walked over to him and sat down across from him. 

"What is it?" I said, getting straight to the point.

"I see that you're doing good for yourself. That nice car you have, and a popular boyfriend, the fans and  good set of friends" He started.

"Is that seriously what you called me over here for?" I said, standing up.

"I honestly don't have time for this" I was about to walk away.

"Wai-wait!" He said, stopping me.

"What do you want Changbum, I'm busy" I sighed.

"With your little sick boyfriend" He said.

"Excuse me" I said with an attitude as I stood back up.

"I just came to give you a some information about him that I'm sure you aren't aware of" He smirked.

"What information could you possibly have on JB that I don't already know?" I asked.

"I think you forgot that I am a medical major. With that so, I am also working within the industry. To be exact, the same hospital that your precious sickly boyfriend goes to. Working with the doctors that are examining his 'illness'" He used his hands as quotation marks.

"What's your point?" I said.

"Oh, so you haven't heard? He smirked again.

"Haven't heard what?" I said, getting really irritated.

"That JB isn't even dying" He said, and just walked away.