Chapter 25

Before I'm Gone

*The next day*

I woke up and didnt have the urge to get up.

Last night I had a dream that I had ran into Chris and he asked me out for dinner.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower and changed into something simple.

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to greet Sangwoo.

"Nice shirt" I said, referring to his new shirt I bought him last week.

We both just laughed and I put some food on my plate from the breakfast he made.

I sat down and unlocked my phone.

I had a message from an unsaved number.

From: Unknown

I'll come pick you up at 7 tonight, what's your address?

I stared at my phone.

"Oh god, it was real" I said, rubbing my forehead.

"What was real?" Sangwoo asked.

"I have a date tonight" I sighed.

"With who? JB? Did you ge-" I cut him off.

"No Sangwoo. I didnt get back with him. I ran into an ex boyfriend yesterday and he wants to take me to dinner. I said yes, but now I dont really want to go" I said.

I grabbed my phone and replied.

To: Unknown 

I'll just meet you there, where is this place?(:

I put a smile so I wouldnt seem completely rude.

"Is it because you still have feelings for him?" He asked.

"Oh god no, ew. Its because he's a jerk" I said.

"Well, you already said yes. So just get it over with and be safe" He said, and walked to the sink and put his dish inside.

He grabbed his keys and headed for the door.

"I have few meetings and a shoot today. Will you be alright all by yourself?" 

"Yeah, i'll be fine" I waved him off.

I finished my food and layed down on the couch to watch tv.

~~

I spent the day by myself just watching movies and eating popcorn and ice cream, and everything I wasnt supposed to eat.

Lately, Sangwoo has had me on this ridiculous diet that consists of no sugars, carbonization, lean meat only and no fried foods. Which meant no french fries, and I almost cried once he told me that.

I was watching the new episode of Roomate, when my phone started ringing.

It was my alarm that I set for 5pm, telling me to get ready.

I groaned and rolled off the nice couches, that Sangwoo would kill me for if he saw how I was laying on them.

I stood up and headed for the stairs, to get to my room.

 

*JB's Pov*

Since it was summer, I didnt bother going anywhere.

The only time Ive been out is when Henry or the guys forced me out the house.

I was too upset to go anywhere because everything reminded me of her.

Maybe if I had told her from the beginning, all of this could have been avoided.

~Flashback~

*4 weeks ago*

"Ugh, I really wish I could be there with you. When you get back, I want all the details. No sugar coating" She said, referring to my Doctor appointment I had today.

"Dont worry, I will" I said.

"I'll see you soon okay" She hugged me and kissed my cheek and ran to the door.

"Only the cheek?" I scoffed.

"I know you JB, and I cant be anymore late" She glared at me.

"I love you" She said.

"Love you too" I said back, going down the driveway.

She closed the door and I drove back to my place.

I called Henry and let him know that I was outside and he came out and sat down in the passenger seat.

"How was your date?" He asked as soon as I drove off.

"Wouldnt you like to know?" I joked with him.

I sighed.

"I really hope they find the problem this time" I said.

My next appointment wasnt until 2 weeks, but the hospital called me last night asking if I could come in today because they had some news.

~

We were inside the hospital room waiting for the Doctor to come in, and when he entered, he was smiling.

That was unusual coming from the leader of bad news.

"Hello guys" The Doctor came in and leaned on the counter.

"Is there something wrong?" Henry asked.

"Why no, everything is great" He said.

"Great? What do you mean great?" I asked him.

"A few months ago when you had your surgery, we had removed a blockage in your heart. We had took a sample of the blockage and sent it to the lab to get tested. The results just came back last night and we immediately had to call you" He said.

"Ok, and?" Henry was impatient.

"The results determined that you had cancer in your heart. You passing out, was caused by all the blockage and during your surgery we're lucky that we were able to get it all out before it actually taken you out" The Doctor finished.

"What are you trying to say Doctor?" I said, getting impatient this time.

"I am happy to say that you are not dying anymore Jaebum" He smiled.

Henry and I's mouths were on the floor.

I immediately busted into tears as Henry came up to hug me.

He too, had tears falling from his eyes.

I had struggled with this for over a year and for it all to be over finally, didnt seem real.

I then thought about, how will I tell her?

I just didnt know how to tell her.

In the beginning of our relationship, I thought she was mainly with me because she felt sorry for me and felt pity on me. Part of me wanted to just be with her until I was gone, but how selfish was that.

But, how can I tell her that im not dying now?

She'll think that I just played her. But what was gonna happen when were having our 3rd year anniversary and she realized that im not dead yet?

I decided that I would tell her, but when its best.

~Flashback End~

I sighed when I realized that I was thinking about her again.

I needed to find a hobby to get my mind clear, so I decided to go take a walk.

 

*Aaliah's Pov*

I was at the destination that Chris said to meet him at.

Once I arrived, I noticed that it was a resturant JB and I used to eat at often.

I it up and walked inside.

I saw Chris already sitting at the table waiting for me.

Such a big change, not like before where I would be waiting for him to show up and then he would text me saying that he couldnt make it anymore.

"Hi" He smiled once he saw me approaching him.

"You're early" I said, sitting down.

"I told you, i've changed" He said.

~Two hours later~

Chris and I actually had a great time catching up and we actually made plans to hang out, as friends, whenever I went back to the states.

That made me think, what was going to happen once the program was over.

Its not like I could go back to living at my parents house, and its not like Ari and I are talking still.

I've become so known and independent that I dont know if I want to go back to New York.

"Should we go?" Chris brought me back to my senses.

"Huh? Oh yeah, lets go" I smiled.

Chris payed for the both us and we walked out of the resturant.

He held his hand on my lower back as we walked out, like he used to do.

I tried to speed up my walk so that he wouldnt be touching me.

 

*JB's Pov*

I walked out of the market opening my snickers bar.

Henry told me that I shouldnt eat such snacks at night, but right now im going through some stuff and I need it.

I was on my way home, regretting that I went on this walk because now I have walk 5 miles back to my house.

I sighed as I started my walk.

I ate my candy bar within 2 minutes and threw it in the trash.

My attention was then brought to across the street, because I heard a girl yelling at a boy who I assumed was her boyfriend. 

Maybe they had a terrible date?

They were both foreigners and were yelling in English.

It was dark so I could barely see from across the street, but the girl resembled Aaliah, and I was certain that it couldn't be her.

I didn't want to be nosey, so I continued walking home.

"Chris, stop" I heard her say.

I knew that voice was definitely my Aaliah.

 

*Aaliah's Pov*

"I guess I'll see you whenever I visit the states" I said.

"Are you sure you don't need me to walk you to your car?" Chris asked.

"No, I'm fine" I told him.

"You sure" He asked again.

"Yes, im a big girl" I said.

"Its no problem really, I can-"

"Chris I said im fine" I said, getting irritated by his constant determination.

"No need to get an attitude" He said.

"Why are you trying to take me to my car so bad? If you're planning on kssing me, you can forget about it" I stepped away.

"Why not? It can be like old times" He said, stepping closer to me.

"No, thanks im good" I stepped away again.

He stepped closer and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Chris let go" I said, trying to push him off.

He wouldnt let go, instead he leaned his face closer to me and pushed his lips onto mine.

"Chris stop!" I yelled and pushed him off.

"What the hell" He walked back over to me and tried to grab my waist again, when someone came and punched him in the face.

"She said to stop, cant you hear?" The guy said.

I couldnt really see because of the lack of lighting, but I recognized the voice.

"Are you okay?" The guy came up to me, and I realized that the guy was JB.

"Y-yeah, im fine" I stuttered.

Chris stood up and tried to walk over to us, but JB punched him in the face again.

"Why don't you just go, you see she doesn't want you" JB said, pushing him away.

Chris just silently walked off and I saw him get into his car.

JB hugged me.

"Are you hurt? Did he touch you anywhere?" He asked.

"He kissed me but that's it-"

"That bastard kissed you?" JB was about to go back over to him.

"JB dont" I grabbed onto his arm.

He looked back at me, and then his arm.

I let go of his arm.

"Sorry" I said, looking down.

The atmosphere became awkward between us, which I hated.

"Thank you for helping me, Jae" I tried to break the silence and called him by his nickname that I had given him.

I covered my mouth and squeezed my eyes shut.

I felt hands remove mine from my mouth and I opened my eyes and made eye contact with JB.

"Where's your car?" He asked me.

"Over there" I pointed to my car.

He was still holding my hand as we headed to my car.

"Keys?" He stuck his free hand out.

"Why?" I questioned, but still gave them to him.

We were now at my car and he unlocked it, walking me to the passenger seat and letting me in.

He walked to the drivers seat and sat inside.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm driving you home" He said.

"I can drive myself, and what about your car? You're just going to leave it here?" I said.

"I actually walked here" He said.

"You walked like 5 miles all by yourself?" I questioned.

He nodded.

"Wow, I'm impressed. That's not the JB that I know" I smiled.

He smiled back and boy have I missed that smile.

I looked away.

"I'm still mad at you" I turned away and looked out the window.

I could hear him sigh.

"What were you doing with that guy anyway?" He asked.

"Does it matter, its not like I have to tell you" I said, a little harsher than I wanted.

I mentally screamed.

"Just drive please" I said, and JB started the car, driving away.