Chapter 18

Before I'm Gone

*45 mins later*

I went to the cashier lady and ordered another iced caramel macchiato for Mark, it was my "thank you for driving all the way up here" gift. 

I sat back down and watched as more people began crowding the inside of the cafe. 

I looked at every person that came inside hoping it was Mark but it wasnt.

I grabbed my phone and began to play some games on my phone.

~

I finished playing my last round of uno and realized that my phone was on 15% and so I closed out the application to save battery.

I put my phone on the table when I looked up and saw the waitress walking up to me.

She sat the drink on the table and smiled sadly and then walked away.

As if right on time, my phone began to ring as a picture of Mark appeared on the caller I.D. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, where are you? Im outside" He said, I heard the engine of the car shut off.

"Im inside the cafe, but I'll come out now-" 

"No no, its fine. Stay there, i'll be there in a sec" He said.

"Okay, im near the door" I told him.

"Ok, be there soon" He hung up the phone.

I was looking down at my phone when I heard the bell go off, indicating someone has entered the cafe.

I looked up and saw Mark...along with Jackson...and Bambam.

They saw me and walked over to the booth I was at as I waved hi to all of them.

Mark sat next down next to me. Bambam sat down across from me and Jackson was across from Mark.

I slid the drink over to Mark.

"I would have bought you guys one too if I knew you were tagging along" I looked at Bambam and Jackson.

"Its okay, we'll go order something. Move over Jackson" Bambam nudged Jackson.

They both slid out the booth and walked into the line that was forming, leaving Mark and I alone.

"So what happened?" He asked.

"Changbum found out about JB and I and he got really mad at me. I dont know if its just cause I didnt tell him right away, or if its because he never wanted me to get with JB in the first place, but he walked out and left me without even looking back" I looked at Mark.

"I dont understand why he would do that" I said.

"I dont want to speak on his behalf, and coming from a mans perspective, maybe he is just jealous" Mark told me.

"Why would he be jealous-"

"Shut up Jackson" I was interrupted by Bambam and Jackson, making their return back to the booth.

They saw us staring at them.

"Jackson was hitting on the cashier girl and believes he actually has a chance wih her" Bambam told us.

"What were you guys talking about?" Jackson asked.

"I was just going to explain to her about how Changbum could possibly be jealous about her and JB's relationship"

"What!?" Jackson and Bambam yelled simultaneously.

"Wait, you two are actually offical now?" Bambam asked.

I nodded my head yes.

"That's great" He said.

"And that's why Changbum left you here?" Jackson added on.

"Thats what I think" Mark replied.

"Yeah, I just think he's jealous. But that's okay, you have us" Bambam smiled.

The waitress came over with two drinks and handed them to Bambam and Jackson. 

"Thanks" Jackson gave her his most attractive look. Kinda the same look he had given me when we first met.

The waitress covered her embarassed face and quickly walked away.

"Umm, lets go" I said, after witnessing Jackson in action.

They all grabbed their drinks and we made out way out the cafe and to Mark's car.

"SHOTGUN!" Jackson ran up to the car, with Bambam chasing behind them.

Mark and I slowly caught up to the car.

"Yo Mark, open the door" Jackson said, holding on to the door handle. Followed by Bambam.

"No, she's riding in the front" Mark said.

"Ah, why~" Jackson whined.

"Because its my car and I say so" Mark said, very serious.

Both Bambam and Jackson huffed and sat in the back seat.

I sat in the car and Mark turn on the engine, while he messed with the radio.

He headed to the road and found the highway. We all were silent as we listened to the radio.

"Gawd~ This song ! Mark you're fired as the DJ, Aaliah play some good songs" Jackson yelled from the back.

"Um, okay" I took out my phone and synced my bluetooth to Mark's car.

I went to my 'feel good' playlist on my music library and waited for the reaction. Everyone seemed to like what I was playing because they were nodding their heads and nobody was complaining.

~~~

*The Next Day*

I woke up, brushed my teeth, took my shower and got dressed. My normal routine.

I made my way downstairs and heard Sangwoo talking to somebody.

I tip-toed my way down the stairs to see who his company was.

I then realized that his company was actually my company, so I had hoped.

"Hey, what are you doing here so early?" I came out of my hiding spot.

"I came because Mark called me this morning and told me what happened" JB came up and hugged me.

"Why didnt you call me?" He looked me in my eyes, as his hands were still attached to my waist.

"I didnt want to bother you with my drama and I knew you were busy" I told him.

He sighed.

"You can call me whenever okay. And if I knew that jerk would have done something like that to you, I would have just invited you to go with me yesterday like I originally wanted to". He said.

"I wish I would have just went with you too" I mumbled.

I could see Sangwoo slowly removing himself from the room.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, placing my arms around JB's neck.

"Somewhere you are not dressed for" He said.

"So come on, lets get you changed" He pulled me up the stairs. 

"Which one's your room?" He asked, pointing at random doors.

"This one" I pointed to the door in front of us.

I opened the door and we both walked in.

"You better keep that door open!" Sangwoo yelled from downstairs.

"Okay" I yelled back.

"Please let me know where all your clothes are so that I wont touch anything girly and personal" JB  laughed.

"Ok, um those are my tops" I pointed at a drawer. "My pajamas, shorts, uh those are my bras and underwear, right there are my socks and bathing suits-" 

"Ok, im good now" He cut me off.

"Turn around" He said.

I turned facing the window as I heard him opening drawers.

"Okay, put this on" He handed me some articles of clothing and I went to the bathroom to change.

"Why am I wearing this?" I asked as soon as I stepped out the bathroom.

"Because I want to make up for the first time" He said.

"Oh~" I dragged out, as I went to put on some shorts and sandals.

"Lets go" I pulled him out the room and we made our way out the door.

 

**

In the car, I mostly took selfies and played games on my phone, until I started getting dizzy.

"I want to get that ice cream again, it was really good" I told JB.

"I'll get you whatever you want" He smiled.

We arrived at the same beach where JB asked me out a few weeks ago.

"I came prepared with the towels because I knew you would forget" He said, and my eyes grew wide.

"Again! Why do I always forget these things" I whined.

"Its okay" JB ensured. " I prepared food and drinks too" 

He held up a basket, which im assuming had the food in it.

"Can you carry the blankets, towels and basket?" He asked me.

"Sure, then what are you carrying?" I asked him.

He smirked at me and opened his trunk. 

He pulled out a canopy carrier

"Are we planning on staying all day?" I asked him.

"If you're up for it" He smiled. 

He walked off, leaving me to carry the rest of the things.

I finally caught up to him when he stopped walking in the sand where we were going to set up our things.

I helped JB put up the canopy, as well as I layed out the blanket under it and set out all the food.

About 20 minutes later, we were finally done and I layed out on the blanket that didnt have the food on it, and just rested for a few seconds.

I felt JB lay beside me.

"Im hungry now" I said, rolling over and crawling over to the food.

~~

About 4 hours into the day, JB and I decided to finally get in the water.

We spent most of that time talking about what happened yesterday with Changbum and why I shouldnt associate myself with him anymore.

"Wait, lets take a picture first" I said, pulling out my phone.

We took a photo and he ran off into the water.

"Come on" He said, looking back at me.

"Hold on, i'll meet you there" I said.

I went on my instagram and posted the photo with a few heart emojis and kissy faces.

Putting my phone down, I ran over to where JB was and we swam and played in the water.

We played in the water for 2 hours until I heard screaming.

I turned my head in the direction of the yelling.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE?" I yelled.

"We came to crash the party" I hear Mark yell.