Chapter 26

Before I'm Gone

We pulled into my driveway and we both got out the car.

"How are you getting home?" I asked him.

"I'll walk" He said.

"Ok" I nodded my head, and started walking to the door.

"Umm Aaliah?" He said and I turned my head towards him.

"Yes?" 

"Your keys" He held out the keys.

"Oh yeah" I laughed a bit, and ran down to where he was.

I tried to take the keys but he wouldn't let go.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"May I use the bathroom?" He asked.

"...sure" I said, and started walking to the door, JB trailing behind.

Once inside, he walked to the bathroom.

I took off my ridiculous heels and went to my room to change out of my dress and put on some sweats and a tee.

I didn't bother washing off any make up , and I just put my hair in to a high bun.

I went down the stairs, and saw JB sitting on the stool by the kitchen counter.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked.

I assumed that he'd let himself out.

"I have something to tell you" He began.

"If its about why you lied, I don't want to hear it" I said, opening the refrigerator.

I grabbed a glass and poured myself some orange juice.

"If you're done using the bathroom, you can leave" I said.

He just sat there and watched me.

"What? Do you want another thank you for helping me out tonight? Well thank you" I almost snapped.

I was getting angry seeing how the man who was once my everything, could just be sitting in front of me so calmly.

"No. I want you to listen to what I have to say" He raised his voice a bit.

"Just hurry up and then leave" 

I put the OJ back in the refrigerator and went to sit across from him at the counter.

"5 mins. Go" I pretended there was a watch on my wrist.

"I never lied to you about being sick" He began.

"I really was sick. In fact, they found out that I had cancer in my heart".

I frowned and went back to poker face, once I realized I was showing emotions.

"The Doctor told me that during the heart surgery I had a few months ago, they took out the blockage that was in there and did some tests on it and it came back as cancer and I'm lucky they were able to remove it before it killed me. And now I am no longer at risk of dying. So no I didn't lie to you, and no the guys didn't help me "fake" anything. I never told them either that I wasn't dying anymore,  the only other person who knew was Henry. The reason it took me so long to tell you, was because I thought you would leave me and believe that I lied to you to get you to date me. I've never lied to you once during our relationship" He finished talking and stood up, walking out the kitchen. 

"Where are you going?" I asked, following him. "You're just gonna leave like that?"

"You said speak and then go" He said.

"I know but, I thought you were going to give me some lame excuse" I told him.

"Are you feeling 100% better? No chest pains?" I touched his chest, where his heart is.

He laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Its cute that you still care, even though you hate me" He rubbed the top of my head.

"I don't hate you..anymore. If you told me earlier, maybe I would have understood. Now I feel like crap because I felt that our whole relationship was a lie. I shouldve known that you'd never lie to me" I didn't want to cry, because I always seem to do that.

But this time, I couldn't help the tiny drops that raced down my cheeks.

I quickly wiped them away before he noticed them, but he was quick to wipe away the next ones that fell.

"I'm sorry JB. The day that I slapped you, I'm sorry" I apologized.

By this time, I was already wrapped in JB's arms and he was rubbing my back.

I looked up at him and then at his lips, back to his eyes.

"Does this mean we're back together now?" He asked.

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his lips. 

"I don't even think we really broke up" I whispered.

"Honestly, I was so miserable without you babe. Like, I never wanted to leave the house and I would often skip my meals-"

I hit his chest.

"Don't you dare skip your meals because of me" I said.

"Ouch" He rubbed his sore chest.

"But really, I missed you so much. The guys and Henry had to force me to leave the house and I only left the house tonight to try and get my mind off of you, which I failed" He laughed.

"I missed you too. Actually I was eating fine-" 

JB scoffed and I laughed.

"But I was feeling depressed and I did a lot of shopping to keep my feelings locked up" I said.

"So can you tell me now, who that guy was?" He asked.

I sighed.

"He was my ex boyfriend from back at home. He was on tour here and we bumped into each other at the mall. He asked me out for dinner, which I stupidly said yes to, and he obviously still doesn't know what the word no means, and you know the rest" I smiled.

 "I'm just really glad you showed up when you did" I told him.

"Yeah, me too" He smiled.

He moved a strand of hair behind my ear and brushed my cheek.

I placed my arms around his neck and he placed his around my waist.

Our lips finally met again and the tingling feeling just wouldn't leave my body.

This is what I was missing. Not just his kisses, but his touch, his voice, his smile.

"This was the longest week of my life" I sighed, still holding on to each other.

I heard the door close and in came Sangwoo walking right where we were.

"What is this?" He asked.

By the look on his face, I could tell he didn't approve.

"You" Sangwoo said, pointing to JB. "Come with me" He walked back outside.

JB looked at me confused and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Idk, just follow him" I whispered.

"OK, I'll call you when I get home" He said.

He kissed my lips and walked out the house.

I sighed sadly, and walked over to my neglected orange juice.

I ran back over to the door and saw Sangwoo's car driving out the driveway with JB in the passengers seat.

I locked the door and went back to my room.

I had just hoped that Sangwoo wouldn't try and keep JB away.