Chapter 21

Before I'm Gone

We pulled into their driveway.

I helped JB out the car and we walked inside the house.

"You have a nice house" I said out loud.

"Thanks, its not as nice as the one you live in but its still nice" Henry said.

JB and I sat down on the couch while Henry went to the kitchen.

"JB you should lay down in your bed, i'll bring you some tea. Aaliah, can you go with him?" I heard him say from the kitchen.

"Of course" I said.

I stood up and dragged JB with me.

"Um, which one is your room?" I asked him.

He took the lead and pushed open a door at the end of the hallway.

Most of the room looked familiar, from the day we skyped each other.

I took off his jacket and threw it in the nearest chair in the room.

I layed JB down on his bed and covered him with his blankets.

"Are you comfortable?" I asked him.

He nodded his head and tapped the bed so that I could sit next to him.

"Oh no, you need to rest" I told him. "I'll just sit here" I pointed to the hanging seat.

I sat down and grabbed my phone out my pocket.

No notifications from Sangwoo. No notifications from Ari.

The door opened revealing Henry.

"Hey, want to see where you'll be sleeping?" He asked me.

"Sure" I got up.

JB was already sleep, which meant that the medicine fully kicked in.

I followed Henry out the room and through the hallway, until we got to another room.

He opened the door and I layed eyes upon a room that looked like it was just waiting for me to move in.

As if someone already lived in there.

"Do you need a change of clothes?" He asked.

"Yes, please" I smiled.

I didnt notice that he already had clothes in his hand.

"You're about her size" He said, handing me some clothes.

"Thank you" Henry closed the door, so I could change.

I put on the clothes and sat mine down in the chair next to the bed.

I walked out the room and walked to the living room.

I looked back and found the backyard.

Although it was night, I could see how nice it looked out here.

I took out my phone, it was 2:14am. I really needed to sleep.

I decided to call my parents and tell them about JB and I, so that nobody else will be upset with me.

I went to my contacts and found my mothers contact name. It should be daylight back in New York.

"What are you doing out here?" I heared.

I jumped and my phone almost flew out my hands.

"Sorry. Didnt mean to scare you" Henry said.

"Do you like the room, is it okay?" He asked.

"Yes, its fine. Thanks for letting me sleep here tonight" I said.

"Anytime" He smiled.

"So how come you cant go home?" He asked me.

"Sangwoo and I had a bit of an arguement" I told him. "He said come back in the morning when im feeling better. And to be quite frank, he had a bigger attittude than I did"

Henry just laughed.

"So...who's room is that? Do you have a sister?" I asked.

"She's off to college in California" He said.

"Awesome-"

"She transferred schools, out the country once she found out about the deaths of our parents. She couldnt face the fact that they were gone, and it would cause many arguements between her and JB. So she left" He finished.

"Im sorry to hear that" I said.

I walked over to Henry and gave him a hug.

"She has a pretty room though" I tried to brighten the situation.

Henry only laughed a bit, and we seperated from the hug.

"You should get some sleep" He said.

"You too" I hooked arms and walked back inside the house.

~~~

The next morining, I was woken up by the smell of food.

I opened my eyes and hopped out of bed. I had forgotten where I was.

I grabbed my phone, which was at 15%, and saw that it was 7:20am. 

That meant that class started in about an hour and I had to find a way to school.

Good thing their house was only a 15 minute walk from here..I google mapped it before I went to sleep.

I walked out of the room, into the hallway and made my way into JB's room.

I wanted to check on his condition.

I slowly opened the door and saw that he was still sleeping.

I quietly closed the door behind me, and walked up to his sleeping figure.

I put my hand on his forehead. Why? I wasnt sure either, I used to do that for my cousins whenever they werent feeling well.

"Im not sick you know" I heard JB say, eyes still closed.

"I just want to make sure you're okay. Im not sure what I should be doing" I said and JB finally opened his eyes.

"As long as you're here, i'll be fine" He grabbed my waist and pulled me onto the bed.

We laid next to eachother on his bed and JB wrapped his body on top of mine, in a sleeping position.

"JB, I have to go to school" I told him. "And no, you're staying here to rest. I cant have you passing out on me again" 

"But what about-" I cut him off.

"I'll tell the guys that you just caught a fever, okay? Stay here and let Henry take care of you"

"Will you come back after class?" He asked.

"I have to settle some things today. but if I can, I will" I smiled at him, although he couldnt see it.

"Okay" He rolled off me and covered himself with the blanket.

"Dont be sad" I hugged him, while he was buried in the covers.

"Im going to change" I kissed somewhere on his face, since he was covered, and walked out the room.

I went into the kitchen and found Henry.

"Um, is it okay if I borrow some of her clothes? I came in my bathing suit last night" I shyly smiled. 

"Sure" He said.

"I promise i'll bring them back" I told him, and walked back into the room.

I opened up the closet and fell in love with the amount of clothes that were hanging.

"Was she rich or something" I whispered.

I grabbed a random outfit because I was running late, and made my way back to the kitchen.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Henry asked me.

"I'll just take some fruit thanks" I grabbed a banana from the counter.

I left the house and opened my maps app, following the direction it told me to go.

Halfway to school, I realized that I didnt have any of my supplies. My backpack, my notebook, my pencil.

"Omg my homework!" I yelled in the middle of the sidewalk.

I was freaking out while I was walking, deabting if I should run back to Sangwoo's place or if I should just not turn in my assignment, but then I remembered that I had emailed my work to Changbum.

I just had to look through my sent messages and reprint it.

Calmly, I walked the rest of the way to school.

~~~

I ran inside the library to the computer section and logged into my email.

I found the message, printed out my assignment, and made it to class within 3 minutes to spare.

I closed the door behind me and looked over at my seat.

Changbum was sitting at the seat next to me, like usual. I walked up the stairs, 3 above normal, and sat down there.

I felt Changbum's eyes on me the whole time and I saw him get up and walk towards me.

I tried to get up and move further away, but he stopped me.

"What!?" I turned around and looked at him.

"Look, im sorry that I left you behind. That was real stupid and immature of me to do" He said.

"Yeah, you think" I snatched my arm from his grip.

I walked outside the classroom and he followed behind me.

I leaned against the wall next to the door.

"I went back. Honestly I went back to get you, but you werent there. The waitress told me that you left with some boys" He said.

"Did you seriously think that I would wait for you?" I said with an attitude.

"I dont know what I was thinking" 

"Why would you do something like that?" I asked him.

"Is it true that you're just jealous?" 

"What would I be jeal-" 

"Why are you talking to her?" Jackson appeared at my side.

"You have no business with her, after what you did" He said, getting in between Changbum and I.

"I was trying to apologize-" 

"Theres no need for that. She's got us now!" Jackson said, grabbing my hand and walking us back into the room. Pushing Changbum's shoulder in the process.

Jackson and I sat down on the opposite side of the room of where I used to sit.

"Where's JB?" He asked me.

"He's at home, on bed rest" I slipped out.

"Why, what happened?" He asked, concered.

"He passed out last night" I told him.

"Seriously!" He stood up, about to leave.

I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Wait wait wait, he's okay now. He's sleeping" I said.

He sat back down.

"How do you know that?" 

"I, uh, stayed the night there" I told him.

Jackson looked at me suspiciously.

"Dont look like that" I hit his shoulder. "I kinda got kicked out for the night and needed a place to stay"

"Mhm" He said, and pulled out his homework while the teacher came in the classroom.

~~

Jackson dropped me off after school.

I changed my outfit into something of mine, and handed the old clothes to Jackson, who would sent them back to JB's house.

"Thanks Jackson" I said, closing the door. "Give JB a kiss for me" I winked and walked away.

Slowly, I walked back into the house. In which, I once was never nervous to step inside.

I found Sangwoo in the kitchen washing his dishes.

"Hey Sangwoo" I called him and I heard him turn off the water.

He took off his gloves and leaned against the counter.

He just looked at me with his arms crossed, waiting for me to speak.

"You've been nothing but great to me this past month in a half, and you've become like a brother to me. And I think thats the problem, not only are you my friend, you are my guardian. I took advantage of that relationship. I was so comfortable, I didnt think you would mind that I brought JB into your personal space and I didnt respect your rules" I finished.

"I didnt mean to get so mad at you. You're the only person who knew about that room. Not even Henry knew, and thats my best friend. I can just be very protective of my things. Very protective of you, now that I have become responisble for you. I'll take take most the blame for over-reacting, I have a habit of doing that. Plus, we have model business to take care of. Dont forget that, being with your little boyfriend and all. You came here for a reason, okay?" 

"Yes, Mr. Sangwoo sir" I made my hands in a salute position.

"Speaking of, we have another schedule with Soohyun on Thursday. Oh and also, im sorry but were going to have to postpone your drivers test back for a while because we have a very busy few months ahead of us and we just wont have much time to squeeze it in. Im sorry" He smiled sympathically.

I sighed.

"I guess" I held my head down.

"So how's JB?" He asked, putting his gloves back on and finished cleaning.

"The Doctor said hes too stressed, but he was good enough to go home" I said.

"So you stayed the night at their house?" He looked back at me.

"Where else was I supposed to go, you said not to come back" 

"Its not like you dont have a key. What would I have done, pushed you out the door?" He laughed.

"Maybe" I laughed too.

"Dont worry, I slept in a different room" I reassured him.

I walked into the living room.

"Wait. So if my drivers test was postponed, that means we wont need to go out and practice again today. So can I go back and check on JB?" I asked.

"Dont use that as an excuse" He said, as he finished washing the dishes and setting down his gloves.

He made his way over to where I was.

"Im not. I also have to give him the homework assignment and notes that he missed today in class" I said.

Sangwoo gave me that 'I know you're lying, but okay face'.

"Okay, but im not driving you. Im not in the mood to drive anymore" He spread his body over the couch.

"I can walk, its fine. He doesnt live that far anyway" I glared at him and stood up.

I smiled as I grabbed my papers from the counter and made my way up the stairs to my room.

I took a shower and put on more comfortable clothes, and realized I changed a lot within the last 15 hours.

I grabbed my portable charger and plugged in my dead phone.

I didnt bother reapplying my make up or straighening my hair.

I grabbed my backpack and my charger, phone still attached, and ran down the stairs.

"I'll be back" I said, walking out the house.

"Be safe" I heard him yell back.

I closed the door behind me, locking it, and made my way down the driveway.

"More like dont get lost" I said out loud.

It was night when we got to JB's, so I barely remember what the street looked like.

Within 30 minutes and plenty of calls to Henry, I finally made it to their house.

I walked into JB's room and he was still sleeping in the bed.

I saw the clothes I was wearing this morning on the dresser.

So Jackson actually came.

I laid down on the bed next to him and felt him moving under the covers.

"Henry go away" He said, and I felt him try to push me away.

"How dare you, im not Henry" I said, sitting up.

JB immediately sat up and hugged me.

"Im sorry, I thought you were my idiot brother" He smiled.

"I thought you were busy" He said.

"Plans change" I smiled back, laying back on the bed.