Chapter 14

Before I'm Gone

JB led us to his car and he opened the door for me to get in.

I thanked him and got inside, taking a look at the interior of the car as I waited for him to get in as well.

He had a pretty nice car.

He started the engine and drove off into a destination unknown. I figured I wouldnt bother to ask where we were going and just be suprised.

The car ride was silent for a while.

"So..What kind of music do you like?" JB asked me.

I turned to face him.

"I like a little bit of everything..except country music" I laughed.

"Have you ever listened to korean music?" He asked.

"No I havent. Well actually there was this one song I heard on the radio. Hold on" I searched for my phone.

I only had 20% of battery left and I sighed. 

I continued to my music gallery and went to my 'recently added' folder.

"Ah! Its a song by..EXO? Thats how you say it right? But its called My Answer" I told him.

He grabbed his phone with his free hand and placed it in his hand that was on the steering wheel and then with his free hand again, he reached for a cord that was in his glove department.

He plugged the cord in aux slot and the other end of the cord into his phone.

He started pushing some buttons on his phone, while still focusing on the road and he put his phone down on his lap.

A few seconds later, the song I mentioned was playing through the stereo.

"This song?" He smiled, eyes still on the road.

"You know this song?" I asked him.

"It just came out and theyre playing it everywhere so im sure all of Korea knows it" He laughed.

"Oh" I laughed, feeling a little stupid.
I just hummed along to the song because I knew never learned the words yet.
I put it on my phone but I never had the chance to listen to it.

I could hear JB singing the song, but in a low voice.

"Sing louder" I told him.

"You sound really good"

"Its embarrassing" He said.

"Whats embarrassing about having a nice voice? Are you not going to sing in front of me for the rest of your life?" I asked.

Immediately I covered my mouth.

I looked at him.

"Im sorry. I forgot for a second" I apoligized.

I felt stupid for saying that out loud.

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Its fine, really" He looked at me and smiled to assure he was okay.

It was quiet again, except for the music playing.

All of sudden I could hear JB singing perfectly. His voice was so beautiful and I could help but stare as he sang along with the music.

By the time it was the bridge of the song, I was convinced that Psychology wasnt the path he should be pursuing.

I think seeing him like this was making me like him even more.

The song had ended and I was still staring at him.

"What?" He looked at me and laughed.

"You should really pursue a singing career" I told him.

He shook his head.

"My parents really wanted to me to go into Psychology, so I want to make them happy" He said.

"Oh" Was all I said.

JB didnt know that I knew about the death of his parents and I didnt want to act naive like I didnt know and ask about them and make him sad and completely ruin the mood, so I decided to not bring it up and let him tell me when he's ready.

A new song was playing in the car that I had never heard of before.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"You look really nervous" He looked in my direction.

"Oh no, im fine. Im just thinking of where were going" I said.

Well it wasnt a lie, I really was thinking that far in the back of my head.

"Well no need to worry anymore, because we're here" He said, as he pulled into a parking lot.

The exterior of the building was huge.

He hurriedly hopped out the car as I took off my seatbelt and he ran to my side of the door and opened it for me.

"Thanks" I laughed at how cute he was acting.

He took my hand, and we walked inside the building.

I smiled, realizing that we were at a skating rink.

It was pretty empty, considering it was the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

"Why here of all places?" I asked him.

"You can really get to know someones personality doing activities like this" He smiled.

"But im a terrible skater" I admitted.

"Its okay" He squeezed my hand. "I'll help you" 

It was our turn to pay and JB smacked my hand away as I tried to reach for my bag.

"Why do you always insist on paying everything for me?" I said.

"Because I want to" He poked my forehead. "So stop trying"

He handed his card to the cashier guy.

We went to get our skates and sat down at a table to put them on.

"Should we get a locker to put our money and stuff in?' I suggested.

"Yeah. I'll be ba-" I stopped him from walking away.

"Let me pay. Seriously, its only like 50 cents" I said, grabbing his wallet as well as my bag.

I walked away before he could disagree.

I walked to another cashier, a lady this time and asked her for a locker.

I remembered that not everybody speaks English and maybe I shouldve let JB do this.

The only word we both understood from eachother was 'locker'.

"Oh..ok" She said in English.

I handed her the money and she handed me back a key with a band around, to tie on my wrist.

I thanked her and walked to the locker section. I found our number and put our things inside, closing and locking it up.

I walked back to JB, who was sitting at the table patiently waiting for me.

When he saw me coming, he smiled.

I sat down next to him and put on my skates. As I bent over to tie the strings on my right foot, JB kneeled down in front of me and tied the string on my left foot.

"Thank you" I said, as I tried to stand up.

My feet were already sliding and I almost fell but JB grabbed me before I hit the ground.

"Wow you really cant skate huh!" He laughed.

"Its not funny" I said, and tried to walk to the skating area.

I held on to the wall as I slowly skated.

I could hear JB skating behind me and then I felt all his weight on me as he skated into my back.

"Ah!" I yelled as I fell on my .

JB held on to the wall to support himself as he laughed hard.

"Omg, you did that on purpose" I whined as I tried to get up. 

I slipped and fell again.

I couldnt help but laugh at myself and JB laughed even harder than he was before.

"Okay, come on" He said, taking my hand and helping me up.

With most difficulty, I was able to get up and stand still.

"Let me help you" He continued to hold my hand as we slowly began to move.

We faced eachother and I looked in his eyes because I felt that if I looked anywhere I would fall.

"We're going to speed up a little bit now, okay?" He said.

I just nodded my head and felt our speed pick up.

He held my arms out as we moved and I was finally starting to feel like I was gaining control of my body.

"Ah, see there you go" He smiled at me.

"Im gonna let you go now" He said.

"Wait what-" He let me go and I freaked out.

"Relax your body, you're only going to fall if you tell yourself that you are" He said.

I tried to relax my body and I was able to stand and move on my own.

"Great! Now lean foward a bit and move your feet" JB said.

I looked at him crazy.

"I just managed to stand. You cant go from step 1 to step 7 like that" I told him.

He skated away from me.

"Well if you want my help, you have to skate to me" He smirked.

"Youre evil" I glared.

I tried leaning over and I almost fell but I got ahold of myself.

I watched the people around me and I mimicked their movements. I was actually moving at fair speed and I was able to balance myself.

I skated as I caught up to JB and landed into his chest.

JB held me close as we skated in a hugging position.

He turned me around so that he was hugging me from behind and we skated in silence.

 I watched as all the other couple skate pass us. We were the only young people in here, everyone else were older couples who im assuming had the day off and was having a date.

I tried to concentrate on being in JB's arms as well as concentrating on not falling flat on my face, cause that would be embarrassing.

"You're doing really good. You look like a pro" He said, I could picture him smiling behind me.

"You're a great liar" I told him.

I broke away from his embrace and tried to skate freely on my own so that he wouldnt have to baby me anymore.

I actually looked normal.

"I dont need you anymore" I smirked and skated away.

I was skating backwards as I watched his face changed from a smile to a smirk.

Suddenly, I felt something cold hit my back and I realized that I backed into a wall.

I looked forward again and saw JB skating towards me. He didnt stop until he was right in my face.

He trapped me between his arms and he looked at me.

The way he looked at me was too much and I ducked under his arms and tried my best to skate away.

I could hear him chuckle behind me and I quickly skated to the railing pulled myself towards the exit of the skating area.

JB quickly caught up to me, seeing how slow I was really moving, and just followed behind me.

We made it to a table and sat down.

"That was a lot of work. Im hungry now" I laughed.

JB reached over and grabbed my hand.

I looked up at him , nervous from his sudden action.

He just smiled and removed the bracelet from my arm and walked away to the lockers.

I watched his back walk away and his face appeared seconds later.

He headed to the food section. I watched how he interacted with other people and how he smiled politely when he talked.

He came back with a plate of food and sat it in the middle of the table as he sat opposite of me.

"So you model?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah.Thats the main reason im in Seoul" I told him.

"You know I only went to that shoot because Henry said looking at beautiful girls would cheer me up, and after seeing you there I guess he was right" He said.

I could feel my cheeks warming up.

"Stop~" I said, hiding my blushing face.

He took my hands and removed them from my face.

"And so im assuming you live with Kim Sangwoo?" He said.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah, im thankful for that. He's the coolest person ever"

"Not as cool as me" JB pouted.

He reminded me of Bambam yesterday, when he said the same exact thing.

"He and your brother seem to be close friends" I said.

"Which makes it even better. Because it gives me more chances to visit. Whenever Henry comes over, i'll be there to follow" He smiled.

"Great" I smiled back.

"How about we ask eachother some questions? To get to know each other more" JB said as he took a fry and ate it.

"Sure, you first" I said.

"Um, whats youre favorite place in the world?" He asked.

I thought about it.

"Honestly, my favorite place is just being with my family and friends and spending time with those that I love" I answered.

JB just smiled at me.

"My turn" I said.

"What should I know about you that you think I would never ask?" 

I could tell he was struggling with that question.

"Uh, I talk in my sleep?" He said more like a question rather than an answer.

I couldnt help but laugh.

"What was your worst date ever?" He asked.

"Oh god" I began. "First, when he picked me up he got a speeding ticket from the police and then when we got to the resturant, he 'forgot' that he never made a reservation and so we just ended up going to Red Robin and then he expected me to pay for the both of us because his paycheck didnt come in till the next week and that he'll 'pay me back' on our second date..as if we'd even have one" 

JB just laughed at my story.

"Oh that must've been terrible" He said. "Dont worry, i'll never forget a reservation and you never have to pay when you're with me" He said.

"But what if I want to buy you something?" I asked.

"Well your just going to have to do it when im not around" He smiled.

"Ok, my turn. If your house was burning and you could only grab one thing, what would you grab?" I asked him.

"Hmm. This is a two answer question" He said. "I would make sure that my brother was out the house first and then I would grab my family photos albums. But if I was living with you, I would grab you because youre all I need" He finished.

I was taken back by his heartfelt words..

Could this guy get anymore perfect?

"Okay, my last question" He said.

"Sure, what?' I answered.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

I blinked for a few seconds.

"Can you kiss me?" I questioned back.

He looked a little nervous.

"Of course" I said, causing him to smile.

He moved closer to me and put a hand on my cheek. The moment his lip touched mine, it felt like a romantic wave just rushed through my heart. The kiss was hard, yet so soft. Fiery but also passionate. Even though, we've kissed before it felt like the first.

We broke apart and I could still feel the lingering heat of his lips on mine.

We just stared into each other's eyes.

"That was nice" JB said.

I laughed and smiled.

"Yeah" I said.

"It was much nicer than the first time we kissed" He laughed.

"Definitely" I laughed with him.

~~~

After spending the rest of the day with JB, he drove me to my house.

Since he and Sangwoo knew eachother, he already knew where he lived.

"Thank you" I smiled, when we pulled in the driveway.

"I'll talk you later" He leaned over and connected his lips with mine.

"Sorry. Couldnt help myself" He said.

"Its okay" I laughed. "Text me when you get home"

"Awh, you care" He joked.

"Of course" I waved and he drove off.

I happily sighed and walked to the door, fiddling with my keys.

I opened the door and took off my shoes and made my way to find Sangwoo.

I found him on the couch, but his back was facing me.

"Hey. Im home" I said, and he turned to look at me.

His expression was as hot as a pan fresh out of the oven.