Chapter 3

Before I'm Gone

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

"Ughhh" I groaned and rolled around in my bed.

I heard a few knocks on the door.

"Come on, I have breakfast waiting" Sangwoo's soft voice echoed through the hallway.

"Okay, coming" I managed to mumble.

I looked at my phone, the bright light straining my eyes, at checked the time.

5:35am. Ughh.

I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I took a quick shower and changed into some decent clothes.

I skipped down the stairs to the dining room and found my plate just waiting for me to eat.

I saw Sangwoo walking back to the table with two glasses of orange juice and he handed me one.

"Arent you going to be cold?" He asked, when he saw my outfit.

"Im praying the sun comes out" I laughed.

"Did you make all of this?" I asked him.

"Well you dont see any maids walking aorund here do you?" He joked.

Wow, he can really cook!

"Are you excited about today?" He asked.

Today was the day I had to go to school and registar for my classes.

"Im just worried about making friends" I admitted.

"Im sure you'll do fine. Just be yourself and have fun because tomorrow, its go time" He said.

"Okay" I laughed and continued eating.

Once we both finished eating we grabbed our phones and other essentials and left.

The drive wasnt too long, but I sat in the front seat this time because I felt more comfortable around Sangwoo.

We arrived at the University and it looked amazing. Its so big and im guaranteed to get lost.

We walked side by side as we headed to the registar office and I could see a crowd following behind us.

Mainly girls, giggling and squealing as they followed.

A lot of them gave me dirty looks because I was walking with him.

"I guess you really are famous" I whispered to him as we walked.

"I dont lie" He smiled as he opened the office door for me.

"Hello Sangwoo" An older woman instantly brighten up when she saw him. She spoke in perfect English.

"Hello Gina" He smiled at her.

She looked at me.

"Oh you must be the lucky model?" She smiled.

"I dont know about lucky, but yes I am" I smiled back.

"Are you kidding, getting to work with our Sangwoo. Of course youre lucky" She smirked.

"I'll go get the Dean, please have a seat" She said and we sat down on the couch provided for guests.

"I think she likes you" I whispered to him.

"I know she does" He whispered back.

"Then why wont you ask her out?" I bumped shoulders with him.

"She's an attractive woman, but shes a little bit older for me" He shly smiled.

"How old are you?" I asked.

I realized I never asked him that when I first moved in.

"20" He said.

My eyes buldged.

"20!" I whispered/yelled. 

"I thought you were like 26" I said.

I couldnt believe it, he looked very mature for his age.

"Why do you live in that big house by yourself if youre only 20?" I asked.

"Im an adult. I can handle myself.  But now im not alone, since you're living with me now" He smiled.

"Why did you say 'think of me as your oppa' if im older than you?" I squinted my eyes at him.

The lady came walking back with another woman and I stopped glaring at Sangwoo.

The lady took us back to her office so we could discuss my classes.

"Ok, so Sangwoo informed me that you would like to major in Psychology" She looked at me. 

Wow. A lot of people here speak English perfectly. Maybe I wont have much to worry about.

"Yes ma'am, thats correct" I said.

I had to be very polite to her. This was the woman who was giving me a free ride to this school.

"Well lucky for you, the new semester just began so you wont be really missing anything. We'll just squeeze you in" She reached in a file and pulled out a paper.

"These are the classes you can take this semester. All you need to do is choose the days you want" 

I looked at the list of classes. Most of the general ed classes that I took before I got into modeling werent on the list and so I was thankful for that.

I decided to take Horomones and Behavior today at 8:30 am, Psychology of Emotions on Wed 12pm, and Psychology of Sleep on Wed. 8:30am.

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 7:45am. I handed the Dean my schedule.

"Ok, let me put this in the database". She took the paper and started typing on her computer. 

"Please sign this while I plug everything in" She handed me a paper.

"This is just your contract with the school. Even though you wont be paying anything, its still neccessary" She smiled and continued typing.

I signed the contract and gave it to her.

"Alright then. Were all set. Your first class starts in 40 mins. Im sure Sangwoo will show you around" She shook my hand and walked us out her office.

We were back on the campus grounds and the crowd slowly began to grow again.

Sangwoo was trying his best to show me around, while at the same time, many girls came up to him and handed him drinks and little snacks. So bold of them.

"Oppa. Who is that girl?" A girl said in english, which wasnt that great. But hey who am I to complain.

She was also looking at me like a piece of dog poop on the floor. 

"She is my new friend" he stopped walking and so did the crowd that followed.

He hugged me from the side.

"So I want all of you guys to be nice to her. You understand?" He said loud enough for the whole crowd to hear.

"YES!" They all yelled.

"Good" He smiled and kept walking with me attached on his side still.

We made it to my class and we stopped at the door.

"Ill pick you up after class?" He said.

"Yes please thank you" I hugged him and he walked away.

I walked into the classroom and felt intimidated at the setup on the room.

The class wasnt full yet, but I found an empty spot in the corner of the room.

I watched as the class began to fill up and people were taking seats in the middle of the room or in the front.

A group of guys walked in the room and I saw a few girls fixing their outfits, trying to look presentable, and waved at them.

One guy in particular stood out to me.

He was tall, but not as tall as his friends. He had black hair and his eyes were barely visible as he smiled at the girls, which showed off his nice smile..from what I could see way at the top.

He looked just like the boy who was in my dream, from when I was on my flight here.

After a while, he noticed I was staring at him.

I quickly looked down at my phone and pretended to be doing something.

With all that had happend within a matter of a few seconds, I didnt notice that someone sat next to me.

"Hello" I heard a boys voice.

I looked up from my phone and was greeted by a smile.

"Hi" I smiled, glad that someone was talking to me.

"You're obviously new here, so whats your name?" He said.

"Am I that obvious?" I smiled. "Im Aaliah, you?"

"Well ive never seen a black girl in this school before, no offense. But also, nobody ever sits in the very back of the room" He said.

I wasnt offended by what he said, but I was amazed at how fluent he was when he talked to me.

"Oh, and my name is Changbum" He smiled.

"Should I move down then?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"No its okay, i'll sit up here with you" He said.

"Thank you. So is everyone in here a Psyc major?" I asked him.

"Nope. Were all a mix of majors in here but we all need this class. For example, I major in Medicine. Why I need to take this class? I dont know but thats what they said" Changbum said.

I laughed. It seems like we could be friends already.

We talked a little bit more and then the professor walked into the class.

I took notes and as well as passed silly notes back and forth with Changbum.

I dont know how the conversation went from 'hey whats your number?' to 'Its unfair that cats cant drink soda'.

I took the paper and wrote down:

Hey, whos that boy in the black shirt with the black hair?

I handed him the paper. I could see he was looking around to see who I was talking about.

He handed me back the paper.

Who JB? Why are you interested? ..... -__-

Why that face? 

Its just that I heard hes like a kingka.

... A what?

Oh yeah sorry lol hes the campus playboy you know? sleeps with a lot of girls, a complete ..I wouldnt get associated with him

Im not. I was just wondering (:

Finally class ended and Changbum and I began to walk down the stairs. 

The class was pretty full so we were standing on the stairs for a while until the line began to move.

Changbum was in front of me in the line and suddenly he stopped, which caused me to suddenly stop and the person behind me kinda fell on my back.

"Omg im so sorry. I didnt mean to-" The person looked up and my breath got caught and suddenly I couldnt speak anymore.

"Its ok. Dont worry" JB smiled at me. And yes his smile was much better from close up.

"Okay.." I stared at him for a while and then I realized I was staring again.

I quickly turned around and saw the line had quickly vanished.

I saw Changbum already heading out the door. I ran quickly to his side and didnt look back.

"Oh that was so embarrassing" I whispered.

"What did you say?" Changbum said.

"Oh, I said that class was so long" I lied.

"Well with me as your friend. It'll go by faster now" He smiled.

"Yay. I made a friend on my first day!" I cheered.

We were walking in towards the parking lot and I saw Sangwoo's car already parked and waiting for me.

"Well thats my ride" I said. "Text me the rest of your schedule so we can hang sometime" I hugged him and walked to Sangwoo's car, getting inside.

"Making friends?" He asked as soon as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Yes. But im so tired, I wanna go home and sleep" I laughed.

"Well that you can do, tomorrow you have a shoot so rest up. But dont forget about hw" He said.

"Ok, dad" I joked.

 

*JB's Pov*

When I walked into class this morning I noticed the new girl was staring at me and it was hilarious when she looked down because she saw I noticed her staring.

Even after class was over. I saw her and that boy basically running down the stairs, so I waited for them just so I could get behind her.

She suddenly stopped and I fell onto her back.

I tried to hide the pain I felt in my chest as I smiled and told her it was okay. She stared at me and then she ran away.

My best friend, Jackson patted my shoulder.

"Man JB, already getting the new girl. You need to teach me how you do that" He said.

I just brushed off what he said. I wasnt trying to get her, I mean she's cute. 

She ran off so quick, I didnt even get her name.

Jackson and I made it out to the courtyard and I saw her get into a nice car. I saw a man in the drivers seat.

Boyfriend, figures. Not that I care though.

"Man i'll see you later" I said bye to Jackson and got inside my car.

I drove home and pulled into the driveway. I saw another car there, indicating my brother was home.

I walked inside and saw my brother on the couch.

"Oh your back" Henry said.

"Yeah. Ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yeap. I'll drive" He said.

I walked back outside and sat in the passenger seat of my car.

The car ride was silent.

"How was school today?" Henry said, making small conversation.

"Usual. Although there was a new girl today" 

"Is she cute?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess" I said.

We finally pulled into the parking lot and I took off my seatbelt.

"Look I know youre nervous, but maybe it will be good news this time" Henry tried to make me feel better.

I got out the car and walked into the building.

We were waiting inside the room until the Doctor came in.

"Ah, hello Jaebeom. How are you feeling today?" He asked.

"Just a little chest pain, but thats about it" I said.

"How's it looking Doctor, any good news?" Henry asked.

The Doctor's expression changed into a solemn one.

"We've done all the test we can think of, and we cant figure it out. Im so sorry but at the rate were at right now, im not seeing too much for the future" He said. At least hes honest.

"How much time do I have left?" Thats all I wanted to know.

"Two years max" He said.

"Again, I am so sorry. We will continue doing tests and treatment if you'd like" 

"Yes, please" Henry said.

I couldnt speak, I was speechless, in shock, devastated, however you're suppsoed to feel after youre told you only have two years left to live.

I felt the tears building up and I couldnt hold them in.

"I'll make another appointment for you in a month then" The Doctor left.

Henry immediately came to my side and I cried into his arms.

"Come on, let get you home" He said, leading me out the door.

I cried the whole way to the car and the whole ride home.

I went to my room and slammed the door shut and contiued to cry on my bed.

I debated whether or not to call Jackson and the guys, but then I didnt want him to feel sorry for me, so I decided its best to keep it a secret.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is so long, im making it into two! (:

Comment what you feel so far!