Chapter 5

Before I'm Gone

The shoot was finally over and it was around 10pm. 

"Thank you guys, you were awesome to work with. Hope to work with you all in the future" Henry said, bowing to all of us.

"Lets go Jaebeom" He called JB and he followed suit, glancing at me and winking.

I rolled my eyes and turned to face Sangwoo. 

He really is a playboy. 

On the outside I looked clearly annoyed, but on the inside I dont why I was melting.

I've only been here almost 4 days and im already being distracted by boys. My parents definitely wouldnt approve.

I took a deep breath.

"Are you ready?" Sangwoo asked me.

"Yes, lets go" I grabbed my bag and we headed out the door.

Sangwoo and I spoke no words as we drove back home. The radio was playing a song by EXO, I think thats what the lady said. They were speaking in Korean, so I couldnt understand.

It was a lovely song and I reminded myself to make sure I downloaded it.

My phone vibrated as I hummed along to the song, since I just heard it and didnt know the words.

From: Bum (:

Hey. If youre not busy, wanna go somewhere?

Is he serious? Right now?

To: Bum (:

Right now? I cant. Im tooooo tired :( sorry

The song was starting to end as my phone vibrated again.

From: Bum (:

Its okay :'( How about tomorrow after your class? What time do you get out?

To: Bum (:

I get out at 2:45. I'll meet you at the courtyard

From: Bum (:

Okay (; 

I laughed at the winky face and before I knew it, we had already arrived at home.

Sangwoo was staring at me the whole time.

"Boyfriend?" He questioned.

"Oh. No" I waved my hands. 

"Hes just a friend, I swear." I laughed.

"Im not your parents, im not gonna yell at you if he is" He reassured.

"Im serious" I said, taking off my seatbelt.

I could hear him mumble something as I got out the car.

I just ignored it and waited for him to open the door.

"You know im gonna need my own set of keys if im gonna be living here" I told him.

"Oh yeah!" He said, as if he forgot something. "I forgot, I already made you some" 

He opened the door and walked to the key rack. 

I locked the door and followed him.

"For you" He said, handing me the cutest looking keys ever.

"But theres two on here" I said, confused.

"Yes. The brown bear is for the house. The white bear is for a room I never showed you yet" He said, walking.

I guess I supposed to follow him, so I did.

We walked downstairs to a room that was near the backyard.

He stuck in the key and opened the door.

Inside was like his own little private studio.

"This is so cool" I gasped.

"Yeah and the walls are sound proof so you can play as loud as you like" He smiled.

I explored the room, picking up the instruments and touching everything I could possibly grab.

"You like to sing?" I asked, as I saw the mircophone.

"Just for fun. Nothing serious" He said.

I slowly walked out the room and he closed the door, locking it again.

"Do you have your license?" He asked.

"No, in New York. It was faster taking public transformation" I answered.

"Oh" He said.

"Why? Were you going to get me a car? You dont have to spend all that money on me. A new wardrobe was enough" I said, remembering all the nice clothes he had bought me yesterday after class.

"But if you really insist" I smiled. "I'll start studying" I gave him a thumbs up.

He laughed, shaking his head.

"Just get some rest, you have school in the morning" He said, walking up the stairs.

"Ugh, dont remind me" I followed behind.

~~~

I opened my eyes to find Sangwoo in my face.

I jumped and rolled over, resulting in falling off the bed.

"You know, I think its a good thing that I drive you. Otherwise, you'd be late all the time" He said.

Confused, I looked over at the clock.

I gasped, as my eyes buldged out my head.

"7:45!!" I ran into the bathroom and didnt even bother showering.

My class started at 8:30 and I wouldnt dare be late.

I just washed my face, brushed my teeth and tied my hair up.

No make up today I guess. I ran into my closet and found a pair of jeans and a top and grabbed some random shoes.

I ran out the closet, finding Sangwoo still in my room just watching me.

I grabbed my phone and my bag, sprayed some perfume and ran down the stairs.

"Come on Sangwoo" I yelled as I ran.

"Coming" I heard him laughing.

I waited for him to unlock the car door.

When he did, I hopped inside and watched him take his time to the car.

I tapped my fingers on my knees.

"Hurry, hurry" I glared at him as he passed me and walked to the other side of the car.

He finally got it and started the car.

"You're purposely trying to make me late, arent you?" I said as he pulled out the driveway.

He didnt say anything and just turned up the radio.

I sighed and just listened to the music. There was nothing else I could do.

~~~

We finally arrived at the University at 8:20.

"Thanks for driving me" I said, getting out the car walking away.

"Oh" I ran back before he drove away. He rolled down the window.

"You dont have to pick me up. Im hanging out with a friend after class" 

He smirked at me. 

"Is it your friend from last night?" 

"Yes. And like you said, friend! See you later" I walked away.

Luckily, Sangwoo showed me where all my classes were ahead of time so I knew exactly where to go.

I made it with 2 minutes to spare. 

With my luck, or bad luck, there was only one spot left. In the back next to a guy who had his head on the desk.

I quickly slipped into the seat and took in a deep breath. 

I made it.

I was fanning myself because it had suddenly got hot from the rushing, speed walking, and my fast beating heart.

"Oh, I couldnt recognize you without all that make up on" Said the boy next to me.

I looked over at him.

Great.

JB was just staring at me, waiting for a response.

I just took out my notebook and ignored him.

I could see him fake a heart attack.

During the whole time in class, I could see JB trying to get my attention.

I wasnt giving him the satisfaction, as I continued ignoring him.

Finally this class was over and I left immediately, not looking back.

I was the second person to enter the room and I just hoped that he didnt have this class as well.

More students suddenly started to fill in all the empty seats and it was a sigh of relief when JB wasnt one of them.

Now I could really focus in class.

By the middle of class, I had dozed off into dreamland and began to wonder what Changbum had planned for us.

"Ok class" The professor said, bringing me back to reality. "It looks like we finished early. You have no homework, enjoy the rest of your week"

"Thank god" I whispered, packing my things and leaving the classroom.

I took out my phone and texted Changbum.

To: Bum (:

Im out early. Heading to the courtyard...Dont make me wait long (:

Before I put my phone back in my pocket, it vibrated.

From: Bum (:

Already here...Dont make ME wait long (:

I laughed and continued walking.

Once I reached the courtyard, I looked for Changbum.

I eventually found him talking to this group of guys.

Jeez, he had A LOT of friends. I thought as I walked to him.

They all looked at me as I approached them.

I stared at them, shy and a little insecure being stared down like this.

"Guys, this is my new friend, Aaliah" Changbum said, and I waved.

"This is L.Joe, Rokhyun, Chanyong, Chunji, Sanghoon, Minsoo but we just call him C.A.P, Hyukjin, Niel, Minwoo, Ricky, Changjo, and Jonghwan" He pointed to each boy.

I hope he knows I stopped listening after that Sanghoon guy.

I just stared, confusion clearly present in my face.

They all just laughed at me.

"Dont worry, you'll figure it out sooner out later" The first boy he mentioned, L.Joe I believe, said.

"I'll see you guys later" Changbum said, waving them away.

They all disappeared and left us alone in the courtyard.

"Were are we going?" I asked him.

"I, am taking you, bowling" He said, as he pointed while he spoke.

~~~

We arrived at the bowling alley and it was packed, being a Wednesday afternoon.

We got our shoes and headed to our assigned lane.

I sat down and bent over, putting on my bowling shoes when I heard a familiar voice in the lane next to us. And I dont know too many voices in this country.

I was scared as I looked over. 

I looked over at it was that boy who was friends with JB and a group of other boys i've never seen before.

I looked and didnt see JB with them.

I sighed of relief.

"Hey, I go look for a ball and you guys start without me" I heard his voice.

I froze and closed my eyes.

Just ignore him and maybe he wont notice-.

"Oh hey! Just couldnt get enough of me, could you?" 

Damn! I cursed in my head.

I slowly turned and met eyes with JB.

I slightly smiled and turned back around.

I looked around for Changbum.

He went to go look for a ball for the both of us. How far could the balls be?

Guys" JB called his friends over.

Great, how many people will I have to remember by the end of the day?

"This is Aaliah. Shes new here" He said. Wow, thank you.

"This is Mark, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, Jackson, Youngjae, and Bambam" He said.

I mean, it was less than Changbum's friends but I knew I would still have a hard time remembering.

One of the boys, Mark, I believe was HOT. He would be someone i'd go for if I was in New York.

"Welcome. I hope you like it in Seoul" One of them said, Young something.

Awh. He sounded so nice.

"Thank you" Was all I said, but I gave him a smile.

"Hey" Said his friend who I knew sounded familiar, who also looked like the typical players from back home.

He looked me up and down and bit his bottom lip.

I saw Changbum headed our way, struggling with both balls in his hands.

I needed an excuse to get out this awkward situation.

"Excuse me" I said, walking away to him to help.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I keep making these chapter so long that I get too tired to finish lol