Chapter 6

Before I'm Gone

I helped Changbum carry the balls to our lane.

"I also ordered us some food, thats what took so long" He said, as we put our balls down.

That was when he finally noticed JB and his friends.

"Hey!" One of JB's friends came over and 'bro-hugged' Changbum.

"Hey Jinyoung. What's up?" They began to talk, so I went to enter our names into the machine.

I made me first so that I could get started and not stand there awkwardly waiting for him to finish his conversation.

I swung the ball on my first try and I hit 9 pins!

I cheered to myself because Changbum was still talking to his friend.

"That was an awesome shot" A boy came up to me.

He was really tall and had blonde hair.

I just stared at him, trying to remember his name.

"Bambam" He said.

"Yes! Thank you Bambam" I smiled.

"So it that your boyfriend, because he isnt paying you any attention?" He said.

I laughed as I saw my ball coming back through the machine.

"No hes just my friend" I said, grabbing my ball.

I threw the ball to try to hit the last pin, and I succeeded.

"He's the first friend I made out here, well besides Sangwoo, but yeah" I said, walking back to him.

"Who's Sangwoo?" He asked.

"The guy I live with-" I covered my mouth.

"Omg. Im giving out too much information" I walked over to Changbum, leaving Bambam standing there alone.

"Hey" I knocked on his head.

"Did you forget who you came here with? Its your turn" I said, and sat down.

Bambam and Jinyoung walked back over to their lane.

"Im sorry. Its just that I havent seen him in a few months" Changbum apologized.

"Its fine" I smiled.

"Changbum, your food is ready" I heard the speakers say.

"Oh. Our food is done. Can you get it?" He asked, as he picked up his ball.

"Sure" I stood up.

I grabbed the recipt on the table, just in case I needed it and I walked over to the lady at the registar.

"You called for Changbum" I told her.

"Oh, yes" She said, but she still looked at me funny.

She handed me a tray of food and a cup, and I thanked her.

I walked over to the soda fountain and poured me a drink. I put two straws in there for Changbum and I. One was blue and one was green.

As soon as I turned around, I was faced to face with JB.

"God JB you scared me" I jumped, almost dropping the tray.

"Sorry" He laughed and smiled.

He looked so nervous as we just stared at each other.

"Is there something you wanted to say?" I spoke after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah, um..Are you busy tomorrow?" He asked.

"I dont think so, why?" I gripped onto the tray.

"The guys and I were going to the beach and I wanted to know if you would like to go....with me" 

I felt my arms shaking. Was he asking me out? 

But why me?

He searched my face for an answer.

I wasnt sure about this, especially since his reputation with girls wasnt so pretty.

"Uhh, yeah sure" I said.

His face lit up as he smiled.

"But, can Changbum go as well?" I asked.

His smile slowly faded.

"No offense, but why?" 

Wait, was that jealously in his face?

"I would just feel more comfortable if I had someone I knew with me" I told him.

He thought about it for a while.

"Whatever makes you comfortable" He smiled again.

He took the tray from me.

"I'll carry it for you" He walked away.

I blinked a few times before I followed him.

JB placed the tray on my table and waited for me to catch up to him.

"Its your turn" Changbum looked at me suspiciously, seeing JB carrying our tray of food.

"Sorry" I passed him and grabbed my ball ready to bowl.

I looked back and saw JB and Changbum talking about something.

I just ignored it and threw the ball.

When I turned back around, JB was back with his friends.

I walked over to our food and ate a french fry.

~~~

Our game had finished and we sat down at the giant table behind us and just finished our food.

"What were you and JB talking about?" I asked him, after I sipped the last bit of our drink.

"He asked if I wanted to go to the beach with you guys, because the only way you'll go is if I come along"

He asked him before I could? Did he want me to go that bad?

"Are you gonna go? Cause I really do wanna go to the beach" I laughed.

"I said yes, but is this considered a date for you two? Because I already told you about his reputation and I dont want you to become one of those girls" He looked at me serious.

I looked at JB and their game was just about to end as well. He looked at me and smiled.

"What happened to those other girls?" I asked him.

"Lets just say that after he got what he wanted, he left. And most of those girls dont live in Seoul anymore" He said.

"So they were that hurt, they couldnt be in the same city as him?" I was shocked to hear that he had that affect on them.

"Now you're scaring me" I joked

"I dont mean to scare you, but I just want to warn you" He said, sincerely.

We finished our food and I stood up, getting ready to leave.

We were walking to the exit, when I was attacked into a hug.

"See you tomorrow" Bambam said.

"Oh my god" I jumped.

He was so tall that he hoovered over me.

"Thats enough Bambam" The really hot one, Mark said.

"Dont scare her away already"

"Sorry" He said, letting go of my waist.

"Its okay" I smiled and patted his back.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow" I waved and we went our seperate ways.

Once we got inside his car and he started the engine, I figured I might as well tell him the truth as to why I am here.

"Can I be honest with you?" I said.

He turned down the radio and looked at me and then back on the road.

"Yeah, whats up?"

"I didnt come to this country for school. Well I am enrolled for school, but thats not the main reason im here"

I could see the confusion on his face.

"Im actually a model from New York, who is in a program that requires me to live here for 18 months. I am living with a famous model who you may know, Kim Sangwoo, and my parents thought I should go to school here as well. Which is how I met you" I finished.

"Why did you feel the need to tell me this?" He asked.

"Well youre going to be dropping me off at this awesome house and I didnt want you questioning anything and so I feel its best to tell you, plus if were going to be friends I dont want to lie to you"

"I think thats awesome. So you really live with Kim Sangwoo?" He asked.

"Yeah, you know him?" 

"Who doesnt?" He laughed.

"Do you want to meet him?" I asked. 

"Can I?" I could see his eyes get wider.

"Of course! Just pick me up in the morning and i'll introduce you" I told him.

~~~

We pulled into the drive way.

"Oh my god. This is where you live?" He had the same expression I did when I first saw it.

"It looks even better in the day time" I laughed.

"Oh im definitely picking you up now" He said.

"Maybe he can give you a tour" I said, getting out the car.

"I'll see you in the morning! 7?" I asked.

"Isnt that too early?" He questioned.

"He's an early riser. Trust me" I laughed.

"Okay, see ya then" He said.

I waved goodbye and I took out my keys. I walked to the door and opened it, finding Sangwoo in the kitchen.

"How was your date?" He asked.

"It wasnt a date Sangwoo" I whined.

"But I did get asked out to go to the beach tomorrow" I smiled.

"By him?" He asked.

"Changbum? No, someone else. But he will be coming with" 

"He'll be third-wheeling?" He said. 

I laughed.

"No. Were going to the beach and his friends are going and I wanted someone I knew to be there" I told him.

"Oh. So whos this boy?" He asked.

"His name is JB" 

"Wait. JB as in Henry's brother JB? The one who was at the shoot?" He asked.

"You know him?" Iasked.

"I just know what Henry has told me" He said. "And your friend will also be there?" 

I nodded.

"Okay, then have a nice night" He said, leaving the kitchen.

I followed.

"Changbum is picking me up in the morning, is it okay if you give him a tour? Hes a really big fan of ours" I said, as we walked up the stairs.

"Sure" He made it to his door.

"Night" I said.

We closed our doors and I threw off my shoes.

I left my phone on the bed as I walked into the bathroom.

I hopped in the shower and I felt all the muscles in my body as the hot water hit my skin.

After my shower, I wrapped myself in my towel and walked out.

I went inside my closet and put on some pajamas.

I layed in my bed and melted between the covers.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

Hey beautiful (: Meet us at Gyeongpo Beach at 9am. Changbum should know where it is, im assuming you'll be riding with him..Unless you want me to get you(:

I hit reply.

To: Unknown

Wait. Who is this? .....(:

From: Unknown

JB! Changbum gave me your number

Did JB call me beautiful?

I could feel my cheeks getting warm as I replied.

To: JB

Oh! Hi. No its okay, i'll be riding with Changbum. And ok, we'll meet you there.....and thank you(:

From: JB

Thank you for what? Calling you beautiful? Baby you'll be hearing that a lot from me, so get use to it (;

I dropped my phone. 

This boy was having too much of an affect on me.

I was smiling so hard that I began to daydream and ended up falling asleep, forgetting to respond back to him.