Twenty-Seven

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

TWENTY-SEVEN

 

 

Author’s POV

Jiyeon sat down on the couch with her hand anxiously squeezing her skirt. Her lips trembled while she’s holding back her tears. Hyomin is next to her, one hand is holding Jiyeon’s, and another one is caressing Jiyeon’s back. Joon and Chunji stood silent in front of the two girls, eyes fixed on Jiyeon. They knew tears will escape her eyes in no time soon. Joon looked at Chunji and muttered a question.

“What had happened?”

“I don’t know too hyung. I found her at the park near her house alone when I was on my way there.” Chunji uttered an answer.

“Myungsoo will arrive any soon. But I can’t contact Sehun.”

“I wonder if this got to do with Sehun.”

Chunji settled next to Jiyeon and checked on her. He handed a pack of tissue when he saw teardrops had escaped her beautiful eyes. Hyomin on the other side almost cried as well, sharing the pain. She Jiyeon’s head a few times. Joon is still standing in front of them, biting his lips furiously seeing Jiyeon is in loss. Being the latter, Myungsoo finally arrived being clueless about the situation.

“What’s up guys?” He asked after greeting them.

“Can’t you see?” Joon ironically asked back.

Confused, Myungsoo then caught Jiyeon sitting in between Hyomin and Chunji with her face dropped down. He silently advanced closer and he heard small sobs. Myungsoo signaled Hyomin to switch with him, so she did. Myungsoo sat down next to Jiyeon and his fingers instinctively reached to Jiyeon’s hand, squeezing it.

“It’s really because of my confession, right?” Myungsoo’s voice is filled with guilt.

Jiyeon shook her head and hastily wiped the tears before answering him, “It’s not your fault.”

“If you’re in pain, don’t keep it within you. We’re here to share the pain with you.” Joon then added.

“Sehun is in greater pain…” Jiyeon muttered.

“What had actually happened Jiyeon?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oppa,” She looked at Myungsoo, “He heard us. I might have accidentally answered the call that night. But he didn’t hear everything. He heard that I don’t believe in him entirely. He heard I said that I love you.”

“Oh God. I need to talk to him.”

“Wait! Actually I… I asked for a break up.” Jiyeon continued, and tears rolled down again.

“What?! Why?” Everyone is staring at her in disbelieve.

“I don’t know too.” Jiyeon hardly answered, “I didn’t mean too. I really wanna tell him that I love him. But I hesitated a lot. I feel bad. I didn’t wanna hurt him to that extend. I don’t wanna break up. My mind was all jumbled up and I thought if I asked for a break up everything will turn back to normal, and he wouldn’t have to be in pain anymore. I don’t know what I have done.”

“Let’s go and clear up this misunderstanding.”

Myungsoo grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and dragged her away with him. The other three in the room exchanged glances, not knowing how to response with the whole drama.

 

---

 

Sehun walked into his café with a very stern expression. He walked to the stairs without even looking around. But before he could climb up, Jinwoon’s voice stopped him.

“Sehun? I thought you’re on vacation?”

“It was cancelled.” He answered keeping a blank expression.

“Ah really? Your friends came yesterday and I told them you’re on vacation. It’s Jiyeon and another guy.”

“If anyone looks for me again today, tell them I’m not here. Also, don’t disturb me because I need some times alone.” He demanded before climbing upstairs.

“Why is he so cold? He scared me. Whatever.” Jinwoon blabbered before proceeding with his work.

 

Sehun entered his room upstairs and slammed the door furiously, surprising a few customers outside. He tossed the car key to the mirror, causing it to crack up. He then slammed his harshly onto the bed while grasping his hair. His chest is pounding up and down out of wrath. He took out a wallet from his pants and pulled out a collage photo he always kept with him for years. Picture of him and Jiyeon making funny poses from the photo booth during his birthday. Sehun gritted his teeth and clenched his fist while his gaze fixed onto the photo. His whole body parts are showing his angers. He crumpled the photo and tossed it somewhere onto the floor.

Sehun stood up and made his way to the window and opened it, giving a way for the air to come in. He’s mad at himself. He hates himself for falling in love, for being so insecure, and for letting their relationship ended in such vain after all the effort. His eyes turned watery as his mind unknowingly recalled the memories they shared together. But Sehun struggled to endure the tears from escaping. He bowed his head down and in a deep breath. However, his eyes caught a familiar car is parked in front of the café. He saw Myungsoo came out from the car and disappeared into the café.

“So  he came.”

Sehun mumbled. His stern expression is clearly showing up to see Myungsoo. He kept telling himself to not blame anyone but his very own self, but seeing Myungsoo still adding the fuel to his burning heart. Barely for a minute he saw Myungsoo walked out from the café. But then, Sehun’s eyes widen to see someone else is coming out from the car and talked to Myungsoo. The stern expression turned poignant to see Jiyeon is down there with someone he didn’t want to see her with the most. The expression turned to a severe heartbreaking one when he saw Myungsoo placed his palm onto Jiyeon’s hair and it.

“That soon? It’s that easy, Jiyeon? Why can’t you give my heart a rest? It’s too painful, too much.”

 

 

“You wait here okay?”

Jiyeon nodded while Myungsoo left. They’re now in front of Sehun’s café, looking for him. Myungsoo walked in straightly to the counter where Jinwoon is seen arranging cups. Being a familiar customer he is, Jinwoon quickly greeted him.

“Good afternoon, Myungsoo.”

“Good afternoon too. Jinwoon, is Sehun here?” Myungsoo directly asked.

 “Err, that guy? No he’s not here. Maybe he’s on vacation.” Jinwoon’s answer sounded so timid in Myungsoo’s ears.

“Seriously? Sehun didn’t tell you to lie because he wanted to avoid us right?” He eyed Jinwoon suspiciously.

“Aish!” Jinwoon grinned sheepishly, “Why would I lie? And why would he try to avoid you?” He added.

“Just in case. Anyway, thanks Jinwoon.”

“Are you going? Any drinks?”

“Nah, thanks. I’m just looking for Sehun. I’m going.”

“Okay, careful.”

Myungsoo nodded once and left the café. Jiyeon get off the car looking so impatience when she saw Myungsoo came out with a disappointment painted in his expression. She looked at Myungsoo meaningfully, silently interacting through their eyes. Jiyeon’s face dropped when Myungsoo shook his head, indicating that her hope has gone in vain.

“He’s not here. I’m sorry.”

“What would you sorry for? It’s not your fault. Let’s go oppa.”

“Jiyeon, be strong. We’ll be by your side.” Myungsoo assured and he Jiyeon’s hair.

“Rather than being by my side, I seriously prefer you guys to be by Sehun’s side.”

“We will be with both of you. Both of you are our friends. But I have no idea where did he go. And we can’t even contact him. What is he thinking? I hope he won’t do something stupid.”

“I hope so, too.”

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

A week had passed, and none of us can get a hold of Sehun. None of us know where he is. We’ve been to the apartment several times this week, but it’s empty. We even went as far as paying the guard there to report us if he possibly sees Sehun entering the building. We went to the café and Jinwoon’s answer was the same every time, “Haven’t seen him.” When we tried checking the room Sehun used, it’s always locked, and Jinwoon said only Sehun got the key for the room. If he wasn’t at any of the places, where would he be? Where else could he stay other than that? Even his parents know nothing. He’s still in this country right? He’s not leaving and lost without trace like before right?

I couldn’t even focus on anything at this moment. My mind is occupied by him. I’m seriously worried. I didn’t mean to, I really didn’t. I thought that’s what he wanted because he’s been acting all painful. But I guess I was wrong. He seemed more pained after I asked for a break up. I’m just a love fool. I’ve never been in any relationship before although I’ve ever loved. I feel bad for my colleagues because I couldn’t do any work for the whole weak. I could barely focus whenever they talked to me. All I did until work hours ended was losing in my own thoughts. Thankfully they’re very considerate even I was being unprofessional.

“Jiyeon-ah.”

I turned to my right and gazed up where Myungsoo is standing next to me, smiling. I smiled back although I felt bitter. It’s hard to curl a smile when my heart is in an utter misery.

“Woohyun, can you let Jiyeon leave early today? We’re going somewhere.” He asked Woohyun.

“Sure. It’s not like she did anything though.” Woohyun laughed after teasing me.

“I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter