Seven

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~SEVEN~

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“Guys, now I want you to form a group of four and brainstorm about the chemical reaction of all the substances. Make sure you determine every element meticulously because we’ll do an experiment next week. Quickly quickly find your members!”

Their chemistry teacher’s loud voice fill the whole class that morning, waking up the sleepy Jiyeon. Sehun who sits next to her boringly yawns while lazily taking out his textbook. Chunji dashes toward them from across the class and sits in front of Jiyeon, forming a group of three consisting the sleepy Jiyeon and the lazy Sehun. Sehun smirks in annoyance to see Chunji’s enthusiasm for the boring chemistry class. Meanwhile, Jiyeon almost banged her head onto the desk for being too sleepy. Thank goodness Chunji manages to stop her.

“Guys, can I join your group?” A girl classmate suddenly approaches them while sweetly smiling.

“Ah Naeun? Sure why not. I’m glad to have you in this tedious group.” Sehun suddenly turns bright and lively, beaming his famous eye smile towards the girl.

“Hye, Naeun.” Chunji greets her.

“Yeah whatever.” The sleepy Jiyeon says a word before starts sleeping again.

“PARK JIYEON! Are you a genius? You think you can pass this subject if you’re sleeping in class?” The teacher shouts, making Jiyeon automatically stands up, surprised.

“I’m sorry, teacher.”

“Sit and start studying!”

 

Jiyeon sits while cupping her blushed face, embarrassed as she hears a few students are laughing at her, including Naeun and Sehun. Chunji pats Jiyeon’s arm a few times while mouthing it’s okay to Jiyeon. Meanwhile, Sehun and Naeun are still laughing at her. When Sehun playfully nudges her, Jiyeon quickly shrugs Sehun’s arm off her, furious. Jiyeon doesn’t talk and just ignore him, not even lays an eye on him.

“Naeun, you’re so pretty when you’re laughing! So sweet, right Jiyeon, Chunji?” Sehun praises.

“In your eyes, all girls are pretty and sweet.” Chunji insults.

“You’re just jealous Chunji. Girls know best. I’m sure Jiyeon has the same thought as mine, right?” Sehun says looking at Jiyeon.

“Stop dragging me into your games Sehun. And stop talking to me.” Jiyeon harshly replies Sehun before standing up, leaving the group. She asks the teacher’s permission to go to the washroom before disappearing outside the classroom.

“What’s with her?” Naeun confusedly asks.

Sehun shrugs off his shoulders before answering Naeun, “Mood swing maybe. Don’t bother. By the way Naeun, are you free tomorrow? It’s weekend, so let’s go on a date to the ice cream parlor or anywhere else.” Sehun then winks at the girl.

“Real date?” Naeun asks, looking excited.

“Yeah, real date. Just you and me. Don’t need to think further. I promise you we’ll have a great time together.”

“Great! I’m on!” Naeun agrees while clapping her hands.

“Ugh, playboy… you wait, what goes around comes around.” Chunji disses Sehun but Sehun just simply grins at him. Chunji shook his head before continue with the studies.

 

 

Jiyeon doesn’t talk to Sehun until the school ends. The Jiyeon who is usually having fun with The Sehun for the whole time is obviously trying to avoid Sehun for the whole day. Chunji is having fun teasing Sehun every time he tries to talk to Jiyeon but ends up being ignored. As usual they walk to the school compound where their other friends are already waiting for them there. Jiyeon runs toward the group, leaving Chunji and Sehun behind. She runs straight towards Joon and links their arms together.

“Oppa, let’s go back now.” Not wasting any second, Jiyeon says and drags Joon away with her.

“Why so fast Jiyeon?” Myungsoo confusedly asks.

“Yeah unnie. Let’s go and enjoy first before going back home.” Krystal says.

“I have to help mom cooking dinner and I’m bringing Joon oppa together because he’ll be having dinner with us. You guys go and enjoy. Bye.” Just like that, Jiyeon and Joon leave them there.

Chunji and Sehun who just arrived look rather confuse to see Jiyeon and Joon had left, “Where are they going?” Chunji asks.

“Going back. Jiyeon looked dishearten.” Myungsoo answers him.

“Really? Is it because of me? She’s been ignoring me. Yah Chunji, did you tattle something bad about me to her?” Sehun accuses.

Feeling wronged, Chunji then kicks Sehun’s ankle before insulting him back, “I don’t have time for that okay. Maybe she’s just sick of you and decide to unfriend you. Well, you’re annoying so what can I say?”

“Nonsense! Everyone knows we’re so close, so there’s no way she will be sick of me.” Sehun defends himself.

“Guys can you stop talking about this useless thing? Let’s go now. I heard there will be an open concert at the mall. Come on and don’t waste your time arguing anymore.” Krystal stops them, as well as Myungsoo.

“Okay let’s go let’s go.”

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

After a long week and stressful school, finally it’s Saturday. Myungsoo oppa called just now and reminded me that we’ll be performing tonight. One way of releasing my stress, singing and drown in the harmonious melody. While biting my ready-to-eat sausage, I start choosing my outfit for today. I have to be faster because in thirty minutes, Myungsoo oppa will arrive in front of my house because we’ll be heading to the restaurant together. Yeah, and my friends are always been punctual, well maybe except for Krystal haha. I take out a white boyfriend shirt and a black short jeans. The simpler the better.

I wear the clothes and simply put a light make-up on my face. My eyeliner is the MVP so it can’t be that light or that heavy. While I am busy drawing the eyeliner, suddenly loud voices are heard outside the house, calling for my name like crazy.

“Park Jiyeon come out! PARK JIYEON COME OUT!!!”

“Aish! Why are they making noise in this peaceful neighborhood?”

After finishing the last touch on my eyes, I run to the window to check on what’s happening down there. As soon as I look out the window, I saw three guys standing in front of the gate, together with Krystal. Myungie oppa, Joonie oppa, Chunji… where’s Sehun? Or maybe he’s afraid to come because of my harsh answer yesterday? Whatever, I hate it when he made fun of me to attract girls’ attention.

“JIYEON PALLI!!!” There, Joon’s voice is echoing in the whole neighborhood lol.

“Coming!”

I grab my handbag before swiftly run downstairs and leave the house after waving to my mom and brother. As soon as I come out of the door, I saw Chunji is excitedly jumping while calling my name. What’s happening to this romantic boy? He used to be so sweet and looking so cool, but now he looks as crazy as the rest of us. Phenomena maybe.

I don’t wanna ask at first, but the question unknowingly slipped out, “Oppa, Sehun isn’t coming?”

“No. He’s out since morning and still not coming back when I left the house. I have no idea where he’s been too.” Myungsoo oppa answers.

“Don’t worry about that rascal. He’s probably kissing someone in dark alley somewhere in the city. He asked our classmate to go on date with him today.” Chunji bluntly tells us. That girl must be Naeun. They’re being all flirty in the chemistry class before.

“What?! When will that guy stop being a playboy?” Krystal suddenly explodes while clenching her fists furiously.

“Why are you so furious Krys? You’re jealous right?” Joon playfully nudges Krystal while smiling naughtily.

“No no it’s not like that. As a friend, is a bit uncomfortable.” Krystal quickly shielding herself.

“Let’s just stop caring okay guys. Someday he’ll realize how lifeless living as a playboy. Let’s go.”

“Okay let’s go Jiyeon. Let’s forget about that Sehun guy. It’s not a big deal, since I’m here.” Chunji comes to me while winking. He suits best as a playboy too, but thank goodness he’s not.

 

------------------------------------

 

After finishing our performance in the restaurant that night, we didn’t stay like usual and have fun chilling there until midnight. Instead, we all leave the place right away and decide to take a walk around the city together. It feels so refreshing to freely walk like this, especially when I’m together with my crazy friends. Joon, Chunji and Krystal are so noisy as they keep talking about something loudly, even though we’re now in public. I don’t know why lately I feel so sensitive and I’m becoming not myself. If it’s the normal me, I would join them and make noise too.

“Jiyeon, are you okay?” Myungsoo oppa approaches and softly smiles.

“I think so. Thanks oppa. Seeing your soft smile is exceptionally soothing.” I reply him and show a bitter smile.

“It’s definitely better if you smile together with me. Now smile you squishy girl.” Myungsoo oppa then tries to make me smile while making a dorky dumb face.

I can’t help but to smile seeing his dumb side. It’s because this oppa is quite polite and full of manner so he rarely acted funny like this, “Stop it Myung oppa! Ah you’re so funny!”

“You’re acting so weird lately. I know there’s something bothering you. I’ve known you since you’re in 7th grade Jiyeon. It has been five years and that’s long enough for me to notice even a slight and small change in you. I know Joon noticed it too but he doesn’t wanna say it because he afraid it might hurt you. But you’re not Jiyeon we knew. Lately, you have become severely different.”

“I know oppa. But I don’t know too. Maybe it’s the process of growing up. Hahaha! But seriously, I’ve started experiencing some inner changing. I mean my emotion, my feeling, and all. Is that normal oppa?”

“I think so. I think you’re just in love, right? Hahaha chill girl. Just be yourself and don’t push yourself too much. You can do it. I will be by your side. You’ve been the best girl friend I ever have and nothing can change that.”

“Thank you. Now I feel better. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter