Six

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~SIX~

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

That evening after school, Joon and Myungsoo exit the academic building and head to the school compound, searching for their friends. From a far, they saw Jiyeon standing alone while crossing her arms, looking a bit grumpy. The two seniors quickly approach Jiyeon but they soon realize that Sehun and Chunji are actually standing not far from Jiyeon. Looks like they are fighting over something, turns out they’re fighting over Sehun’s school bag. Joon and Myungsoo stop in front of Jiyeon while eyeing Sehun and Chunji weirdly.

“What’s happening?” Myungsoo asks Jiyeon.

“I don’t think I can deal with these two immature boys anymore.” Jiyeon answers with a complaint.

“Kids! Come here! Why are you guys fighting over Sehun’s unfashionable school bag?” Joon call them over, stopping Sehun and Chunji.

“Let go of my bag!” Sehun exclaims and snatches away his bag from Chunji before heading towards Joon.

“Is there anything special about Sehun’s bag, Chunji?” Myungsoo asks looking rather interested.

Chunji nods enthusiastically before answering to Myungsoo, “Earlier I saw a small pink stuff toy in his bag. I just wanna check because lately, this playboy turns a bit girly. I think he’s a gay.”

“What grudge do you have over me?! I’m not a gay! And this pink stuff toy got a name you know. Pinku pinku!” Sehun stresses his words.

“Let me see. What so special about this pinku pinku?”

“It’s my birthday gift, from Jiyeon. Okay? Got it?” Sehun replies with an annoying tone.

“Ah… I heard you guys went on a date yesterday. I wonder—” Before Myungsoo could finish, Jiyeon quickly covers Myungsoo’s mouth with her palm.

“It’s not that kind of date oppa. So don’t you dare assuming anything. Right Sehun?” Jiyeon looks at Sehun in his eyes and signals him to explain.

“Yeah. It’s just like a normal hang out but just the two of us. I deserve that though. It’s my birthday!”

“I want to have a personal hang out with Jiyeon too on my birthday! Remember Jiyeon, I reserve you on October 5th.” Chunji innocently states while winking at Jiyeon, showing his usual affection towards Jiyeon.

“Ignore him Jiyeon,” Myungsoo says and pulls Jiyeon next to him, away from Chunji, “Now where’s Krystal? We can’t go without her.” He continues.

“Isn’t it obvious? She’s in the washroom, touching up her make-ups, fixing her hair, or probably on her way here while reading her fashion magazine.” Joon answers, making the others laughing at the accuracy of his prediction.

 

---------------------------------

 

Jiyeon comes out from the bathroom while ruffling her wet hair with a small towel. Comfortably wearing her pajamas, Jiyeon then starts drying her hair with the hair-dryer while slowly humming her favorite song. Finished drying her hair, Jiyeon later makes her way to the revision table and switches on the table lamp. She takes out the mathematics textbook from her school bag and decides to do a simple revision for a few minutes.

“Ah… why am I so stupid? I really don’t understand a thing the teacher taught about these numbers. These symbols are making my head dizzy.”

Jiyeon starts complaining as soon as she takes out the book. While apathetically flipping through the pages with her lips jutting down, bored, Jiyeon stops at a page. Not because she has found what to study, but there’s the pink envelope again! It has been more than a month since she last received the letter, and she thought she won’t be getting any more. So here it comes again? Jiyeon thinks while taking the envelope lazily. This time, letter “O” is on the envelope. Jiyeon knitted her eyebrows confusedly before taking out the folded letter inside.

 

 

 

Dear Jiyeon,

Aren’t you curious of who I am?

 

 

That’s it. That’s the only thing written on that paper.

“Now that he asked, I think I’m a bit curious about this Dear Jiyeon thingy. N, U, O… who could it be? He must be near me. I mean, he can even slipped this letter inside my textbook. Or if not, he can possibly hired someone to do it for him. But who? But then… I don’t think I should care. Even if he’s my secret admire, there’s nothing I can do because I already have someone I actually like.”

Ending her thoughts, Jiyeon then threw the letter into the wastebasket next to the table. She then put back the textbook into her school bag and quickly takes out something from the drawer. A black journal with an inspiring gold color words printed on the cover.

 

“The love is above time and space. That’s how valuable and priceless it could be.”

 

She reads the words while smiling before opening the journal, or can actually be a teen’s diary. Smiles keep forming on her face as she’s looking through all the pages. Almost every day she will jot down the important events that occurred in her daily life. But among all the things she wrote, there’s a name that is mostly mentioned in everything she recorded. Some pictures of the person were also pasted in a few pages. At the most front page of the diary, she put their group photo which included Joon, Myungsoo, Sehun, Chunji and Krystal. Right under the photo, there’s a picture of a single guy, smiling adorably. Jiyeon is still smiling looking at the picture and she even caresses it with her thumb, showing her affection towards the person.

“It happened unknowingly. What should I do?” She says, still staring at the picture.

“Noona!” In less than a second, Taehyung suddenly barges into the room innocently, making Jiyeon hastily throws the diary back into the drawer.

“Yah! Can’t you knock first?” She snaps at Taehyung who just smiles like a fool.

“I can’t. That’s why I just walk in.”

“You didn’t walk in! You actually burst in!”

“I know. Amazing right? Joonie hyung is waiting for you downstairs. He just came.”

“I’ll be there any minute. Go go go!” Jiyeon gestures her weird brother off her room before leaving the table.

Taehyung flies out of the room as fast as he flew in. Later, Jiyeon walks to the living room where Joon is seen talking with her mom. Jiyeon approaches them and sits next to Joon, joining their conversation. Since she has known Leejoon since child, he is considered like her own family. Her parents really likes Joon because he’s so friendly and really respects the elders. Same goes to Taehyung that matches Joon’s personality very well.

“Oppa, have you eaten yet?”

“I ate ramen before coming.”

“Aigoo, is that enough to stuff your tummy Joonie? I steamed some dumplings just now. Wait.” Jiyeon’s mom then goes to the kitchen and come back with a plate of dumplings together with the sauce. She hands the plate to Joon but Jiyeon suddenly tries to snatch a dumpling from the plate.

“Looks delicious! I’ll take one oppa.”

“No! That’s for Joon. Go take it in the kitchen yourself.” Her mom nags while slapping her hand.

“Mom! I’m your daughter! Why did you treat Joon oppa better than me?” Jiyeon says pouting.

“All you ever do is stuffing your tummy with foods. I’m tired of feeding your big appetite. Joon, I heard from Jiyeon you’re living alone now. Feel free to come and eat with us when it’s dining time. I know it’s hard to live alone for such a young guy like you. I always cook extra foods. Make sure you come back with Jiyeon after school and eat dinner together. I will prepare a lunchbox for you too. Okay?”

“Err… you’re so thoughtful Aunt Park. Why didn’t Jiyeon take over you?”

“Hey oppa! How dare you!” Joon then received a slap on his arm from Jiyeon.

“Auntie, do you know? Jiyeon likes someone in school. Also, she’s so famous among boys and even got secret admires. She’s lucky that she took your beauty.” Joon starts tattling over Jiyeon as a revenge after getting slap.

“Oppa! What are you saying? When did I ever like someone? I never said that!” Jiyeon nervously denies.

“It’s true that your mouth never said it but your body says it all. Your eyes are obviously shimmering when you look at that person. Should I say the name right now?” Joon threatens making Jiyeon looks like she’ll cry soon.

“No oppa! You have mistaken something. Mom! Don’t believe him. He’s joking.”

“I can’t understand teenagers nowadays. But Jiyeonnie, at your age now, it’s normal to have crush on someone. But why can’t it be Joon? I like him.” Her mom straightforwardly asks.

“That can’t be auntie. I consider myself as her own brother and all I wanna do is protecting her forever as my little sister. Look at her! She looks like a dinosaur but the truth is she’s just a squishy and clumsy girl.” Joon says while squishing Jiyeon’s cheeks.

“Ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter