Thirty

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

THIRTY

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“Yah are you nuts?” Joon scolded Sehun and knocked his head once.

“Ouch! Ah hyung why?!” Sehun retorted.

“What do you mean by saying Jiyeon may not be the one fated for you? What’s the point you acted all painful before then?” Joon furiously added.

“Chill Joon. Can’t you see he’s joking? Look at his face.” Myungsoo said stopping Joon from scolding Sehun.

“What?”

“Sehun, she left.” Chunji poked and told Sehun.

“Do you think she heard us?”

“What are you guys talking about now? Did I miss something? Am I too old to understand youngsters now?” Joon grumbled.

“Oh come on hyung you’re just a year older than us.” Sehun remarked, “Actually Jiyeon was here just now so I said that on purpose. Since I was fooled at the beach before, I think it’s time for revenge.” He laughed.

“Who pull this kind of harsh prank to his own girlfriend? Don’t you think it’s too much?” Joon continued.

“Don’t you think acting drowning is harsher than this?” Sehun took his own side.

“Well, uh…”

“Just don’t go too far and hurt her too much. This is why I opposed the prank she planned at first.” Chunji advised.

“I’m gonna call her now. You guys shall leave too since lunch time almost ended.” Sehun said.

“Thanks for the free meal Sehun. You’re the best!”

“You’re welcome.”

Sehun left into his room taking out his cell phone. Without hesitation he dialed Jiyeon’s number, waiting for her to answer. But as he expected, she rejected the call. He called again and got rejected a few more times. He only stopped when the call couldn’t even get connected at all. Sehun laid down the bed while typing a text message to send. His lips curled a smile when Jiyeon’s image came to mind.

“She must be sulking now. Her pouting face must be very cute!” Sehun told himself.

 

SH: My baby! Where are you? I miss you already.

 

---

 

Jiyeon entered the office room crying, causing chaos among her co-workers. Woohyun, Kevin, and Ailee are all panicking too hear her hard and loud sob right when she suddenly barged in. Kevin pushed a chair to let Jiyeon sit, while Woohyun is fanning her with sheets of paper to cool her off. Ailee is at her side caressing her back. They’re changing glances and shrugging, signaling each other that none of them knew anything.

“Since we started working with you, we’ve seen you crying countless time Jiyeon. Seems like there are a lot of things that upset you. Maybe if you be mine then you’ll be living a happy life.” Woohyun said smiling, imagining himself having Jiyeon as his girlfriend.

“Stop saying nonsense hyung!” Kevin scolded and slapped Woohyun’s arm.

“I-I’m joking.” Woohyun pouted.

“Jiyeon, someone’s calling.” Ailee pointed at Jiyeon’s phone, where Sehun’s contact number is displayed.

“I don’t wanna answer. I hate him.” Jiyeon told still crying.

“Your boyfriend? I heard he’s the café’s owner. But what’s happened?” Kevin said.

“He’s Oh Sehun, the handsome owner. Although I’m shorter than him, I’m certainly hotter. I can’t believe he dares hurting such a lovely girl like Jiyeon.” Woohyun proudly claimed.

“Stop bluffing Woohyun. You’re very shameless.” Ailee insulted.

“Yah! I’m your superior. How dare you?” Woohyun glared, but none of them actually scared of him.

“Jiyeon, he’s calling again. You should answer him now.” Kevin said ignoring Woohyun.

“I don’t feel like talking to him now.” Jiyeon said before shutting down the phone.

Knock knock!

All four of them turned their heads to the door where someone knocked. It slowly opened until Myungsoo appeared, smiling at them. They greeted him as he walked in approaching the crying Jiyeon on the chair. He patted Jiyeon’s head two times before started talking,

“Why are you crying?”

“It’s nothing oppa.” She lied.

“Jiyeon, he’s joking.” Myungsoo addressed.

“If he that you mean is Sehun, I hate him.”

“Liar. You love him.”

“But he didn’t love me.” Jiyeon said, almost burst crying again.

“Did he call?”

“I turned off the phone. I don’t wanna talk to him.”

“Okay. Let see how long you two can stay distant like this. You guys are very funny.”

Myungsoo laughed before excusing leaving. All of them stared at Myungsoo weirdly, didn’t really understand the situation where one side was crying and the other side was laughing. None of them said anything until Myungsoo disappeared completely.

“I think he’s going nuts. Don’t worry Jiyeon, we’re with you!” Woohyun exclaimed.

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

I checked my whole appearance in the mirror for one last time before nodding in satisfaction. I made sure to look as innocent as possible. I wonder how the others prepared for today, but I wanted to return to myself from five years ago so I dressed as simple as I could. I walked downstairs where Taehyung is seen brushing his teeth while looking outside the window. I tiptoed silently approaching his back and pinched his , causing him to jump in surprise.

“What the hell noona? Chu jhust asshault meh.” He snapped with lisp since he’s still brushing his teeth.

“Why are you brushing your teeth in here then? Is there anything exciting outside there?” I said peeping outside as well.

“Zhere’s black van over there. Ish there anyone sphying over us?” He continued cutely.

“I think it’s Krystal’s, you know celebrity car.”

“You’re going shomewhere? Shu look very diffevent.”

“Remember our discipline teacher, Mr. Jung? He invited Myungsoo and Joon to the school for alumni day, and I’m joining them together with the others since there’s carnival.”

“Zat Anti-Taehyung Mr. Jung?”

“Glad you still remember him TaeTae. By the way stop talking because you sounded very funny. I’m going now. See you later!”

I waved at him before rushing outside to the black van. The door slid open revealing Krystal waving at me excitedly. I haven’t met her since we came back from the vacation because she’s been busy with her movie shooting. I jumped into the car and hugged her, so did she. The journey to our school isn’t that long by car. We always walked to school though before. We arrived there within five minutes. Her road manager stopped the car right in front of the gate to drop us. Both of us wowed in amazement to see fancy decorations and crowd of students at the school compound, enjoying the celebration.

“Will you be alright Krystal? Are you sure you don’t need me to come together?” Her road manager asked.

“Sure oppa. This was my high school so don’t worry. I got my friends with me. I’ll call you once it’s time to leave.” She told. The manager nodded before driving away.

“He takes care of you very well. You’re lucky.” I commented.

“It’s his job unnie. Let’s go now.”

Krystal linked her arm with mine as we entered the gate, reminisced the old memories all of us shared here. The small stairs before the main building where we waited for each other before going back home, the field we were punished for skipping class, and every part of the school where memories were created. I saw Krystal is looking around with a smile. I knew, we all missed this place filled with bittersweet memories.

“Jiyeon! Krystal!” Someone yelled getting our attention.

“Oh it’s them. Let’s go unnie!” Krystal dragged me to the spot four guys are standing, waving at us.

“What took you guys so long? The opening ceremony will begin soon.” Myungsoo told once we reached them.

“You know, girls’ stuff.” Krystal chuckled.

“Omo Jiyeon my baby you look like an innocent and pretty school girl.” Sehun pointed and winked at me.

This hateful guy dared to wink at me after everything he said before? I rolled my eyes and looked away, avoiding his eyes. None of them said anything, probably feeling awkward because of us. It has been a week since I heard Sehun told them about me might not be his fated bride and marrying me is his last option for now. It’s very upsetting that I spent my night crying, thinking about what we’ve been through yet he simply said that. He sent me texts and calls me several times a day for like three days after that happened but I ignored them all.

He stopped calling after that three days and the past few days felt very empty. How could he act all innocent? He sent me text calling me baby, saying that he missed me, that he loved me, but he didn’t even ask what’s wrong with me. Didn’t he notice that I was hurting? He didn’t even bother to come and showed his concern even though I ignored him. Maybe I’m just worthless or he just hated because he still couldn’t get over the breaking up stuff happened between us before. I thought he said he had forgiven me. I’m still very pissed off right now, especially when he’s smiling at me like nothing is wrong. Just by thinking about this is making me eyes all teary.

“THAT’S JUNG KRYSTAL!!!” My thoughts were cut by a loud yelling sound coming from somewhere.

“Oh?” I heard Krystal murmured.

“Here comes trouble.” Chunji remarked.

“What…?” I asked in confusion.

“RUN!” Did Joonie oppa just told us to run. Why?

I heard heavy and many steps near us. I turned around and saw a huge group of students swarmed towards us and surrounded us within a minute. All of them are shouting Krystal’s name, indeed a celebrity. Then the push and pull happened. Since it’s Krystal they’re looking for, I was shoved back and forth by the eager students. I saw Chunji dragged Krystal away and disappeared within the crowds. What about me then?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter