Twenty

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

TWENTY

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

It’s my second morning here, and the last morning. We’ll be going back to Seoul this evening. I woke up quite early to go out and enjoy morning view in Jeju, alone. It’s 7.00 a.m. and the house is completely in silence. They are all probably still sleeping soundly on their bed. It’s one tiring night last night, with all the conflicts. I haven’t confront them yet after last night. Let’s just calm myself with the morning breeze before facing them later on. How’s Sehun? He didn’t look okay when Krystal blurted out the whole thing in front of everyone. I hope he’s okay. I need to tell him about the pure truth, which is I’ve known about this since five years ago.

I heard something from the kitchen so I fixed my eyes there when Chunji suddenly appeared. He’s casually walking while humming a song. I don’t think he realized my existence here. But then, my eyes trailed down from his wet hair, to his shirtless torso while his lower body is covered with white towel. He’s simply whistling, looking so fresh after a bath, maybe. But wait… what am I doing observing him like that!

“Crap!” I muttered.

“Jiyeon!” He flinched and I saw him running into his room just a few meters from where I’m standing, “I’m sorry!” He uttered before shutting the door.

I slightly chuckled to see him cutely running just now. When I was just about to move, the room’s door next to Chunji’s slide opened, revealing Myungsoo oppa coming out only with sweatpants on. Another bare chest! My innocent eyes need rest!

“Ah, Jiyeon. Good morning.” Oppa greeted with a very sleepy smile. Somehow it feels great to see his smile again. But then that torso, ugh!

“Bye.” I replied without looking and left the house anyway.

 

We always had sleepover during our school days, but not even once I ever saw their exposed skin that much! I had seen Sehun’s half- body in Chunji’s apartment before, then I just saw Chunji’s and Myungie oppa’s upper body just now! Thank goodness my eyes are still save from Joonie oppa’s body. And I don’t even wish to see it anyway. Without realizing, I’ve already arrived at the beach near the guesthouse while thinking about these dudes’ bodies.

As I was enjoying the view and the breeze, some stuffs started bothering. Since now Sehun had told everyone about what Krystal did, she must be hating me more and more. I really hope Sehun wouldn’t say anything about it, but I don’t want to have my friends against me too. I feel bad for Krystal. Experiencing the oppas’ cold shoulders yesterday, it’s really no good. I hope they forgive Krystal and treat her like they always did. I don’t want them to hate Krystal just because of that thoughtless mistake she made. As for me, I don’t think I want to face Krystal any soon because I admit I grew a bit of hatred for her in my heart.

“I should go back now. It’s so cold out here.”

I mumbled to myself before heading back to the guesthouse. As I’m taking off my shoes, I saw Myungsoo oppa and Chunji are resting on the couch, talking to each other. I see neither Sehun nor Krystal around. But as soon as I stepped into the house, I gasped to see Joonie oppa just came out from the kitchen wearing only a short pants. His toned abs are dangerously exposed.

“Oh, there you are Jiyeonnie.” Joon oppa called.

“Uh-hi.” I said before looking away.

“Yaa hyung! Wear your top!” Chunji shouted, “Can’t you see Jiyeon is blushing.” He whispered but I could still clearly hear that.

“Oh! Sorry I wasn’t aware. I’m sorry Jiyeon.” He apologized, slightly chuckling. Having fun showing your body huh!

“Jiyeon, we’re gonna visit the horse park. You have to come with us okay.” Myungsoo oppa then stated. It’s actually great to hear them talking to me again, but my heart is still slightly pained with their aloofness before.

“I won’t go without you.” Chunji stated, and I knew he meant it.

“Okay then. I’ll join.” I gave up.

“Someone go and ask Krystal if she’s coming.” Joon said and he seemed a bit cold, but at least he still got the guts to think about Krystal.

“I’ll do it.” Myungsoo oppa offered.

Somehow, I’m wondering if he still likes Krystal after these years. What about me then? Do I still like Myungsoo oppa like I did before? I guess it’s different now. We’re not as close as before like when we performed together, talking about music, and going around together. I can’t even identify my own feelings. I seriously don’t know if I still like him. I do feel something in my heart, for someone. But I can’t determine towards whom is the feeling. Myungsoo, or Sehun, or even Chunji. I don’t even know that small of a thing.

 

 

 

We all arrived at the horse park together, wowing to see how some people are happily riding horses. Krystal is here with us, she talked less. However, Sehun wasn’t here. Chunji said he refused to come. Is it because of me? Too bad, because I’m secretly hoping he’ll be here. It’s quite empty. I don’t know what’s empty. The space, the conversation, the sight, or my heart itself. While the others are talking, my mind is elsewhere. I don’t know, maybe thinking about Sehun.

“Jiyeon, do you wanna ride one?” Chunji asked.

“Ride what?” I confusedly asked him back.

Chunji chuckled hearing my question, “What else do you think we’ll ride here? Car? Bus? Helicopter? Plane?” He teasingly said.

“Horses.” I chuckled too, embarrassed of my own question.

“I thought you really didn’t know. So?”

“It’s okay. You guys go and enjoy. I don’t even feel like trying.”

“Something is bothering you right? Or to be exact, someone.” He caught me.

“Maybe.” I said.

“Go tell him Jiyeon. He’s been suffering. Stop thinking about it just tell him everything anyway. I couldn’t sleep last night because of him. He’s too anxious to even stay still on the bed.”

“What are you trying to say? Who? Tell him what?” I asked, still beating around the bush. Does Chunji actually know something?

“You know the truth behind the letter before Krystal mentioned it last night, right? Just go back to the guesthouse and tell Sehun about it so he wouldn’t die crying. It’s never too late to love, if you know what I mean.” Chunji grinned.

It’s amusing how Chunji actually knows a lot even though he just spent time with us for a few months before leaving for five years, “Thanks Chunji. Go and have fun with them. I got someone to deal with.”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Coming back alone, I slowly entered the noiseless guesthouse. Sehun seriously didn’t come out from the room even though there’s no one home? What’s with this guy? Okay maybe this is not a big deal for me because I’ve known the truth since long ago, but Sehun always thought this is his secret, I think I understand him. He’s my best friend after all. I always remember how he’s been my most trusted friend despite his struggle of hiding his feeling. Trying hard to not make any noise, I tiptoed to his room. But of course opening the door would produce sound. I saw something moving on the bed when I walked in. Is he possibly hiding under that blanket, or he’s just sleeping like that? Her whole body is completely covered with the blanket.

“Ehem.” I coughed as I stopped next to the bed.

I saw the blanket moving. I don’t think he’s sleeping. Maybe I should just say it now. I bet he’s not sleeping so he’ll hear this. I sat down on the bed, right next to his covered figure. I took a deep breath to talk, but I halted as I’m thinking of a suitable words to begin.

“Sehun-ah, it’s me Jiyeon.” I started, but of course, there’s no response from the man under the blanket.

“There’s something important I need to tell you right now. Are you really sleeping?” I saw a part slightly moving when I said that. Okay so he’s actually awake.

I took another deep breath and started talking, “About the letter, it’s funny but- I already knew that you’re the sender since five years ago.” Finally, I said it.

I stopped as I checked on the blanket. It’s static, nothing is moving. I wonder if he actually died of shock or what because it feels like the time has stopped seeing there’s not even a slight movement from him. But then, my eyes caught something. Sehun’s fingers appeared from inside the blanket, uncovering half of his face. I saw his eyes staring at me with an intense gaze. I think he’s doubting my words.

“Listen, I don’t know if you remember the night you’re drunk and ended up in my house, but that was when you revealed that you’re sender. I kept it for myself because I thought you’re joking. But I eventually knew that it’s really you. I never believed Baekhyun when he came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter