Twenty-Eight

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

You guys might wanna read my author's note below.

 

TWENTY-EIGHT

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

“Sehun you came!”

I smiled bitterly at Krystal a few meters in front. Next to her stood Chunji, Joon, and Hyomin. I advanced closer and just greeted them uninterestedly. I still felt bitter about everything. I know it’s my relationship problem and I shouldn’t mix it with our friendship, but it couldn’t be help. Joon hyung and Chunji hugged me as if they didn’t see me for ages. It feels great to receive such a warm welcome even after I kept avoiding them since a few weeks ago.

“So, are you guys ready?” Krystal asked.

“YES!!!” The other three answered, except for me.

“Are we going now?” I confusedly asked.

“Yes. Why? Oh I forgot to tell you that Jiyeon is sick so she isn’t able to join us. While for Myungie oppa he’s a bit busy so he’ll join us later.”

“Ah… okay.”

Actually, Krystal came to me a few days ago and convinced me to join a summer vacation she planned since summer will come to its end in a week. I refused to come at first but she insisted and started making a fuss at my café. I know there’s nothing could stop this girl so I agreed anyway. Moreover, the place we’re going sounds interesting. Krabi Island, Thailand, isn’t that place famous for vacation? I came expecting all of us will present, since it was a long time ago when we last spent our summer together. Yes I still need a break from seeing Jiyeon, but she’s still my friend after all. Is she really sick? What had happened? She seemed okay when she came to my café before. I hope it’s nothing bad.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

We walked into an upscale looking resort when we arrived at Krabi. I can’t help but to be amazed by the scenic view around. Moreover, this resort & spa seemed expensive. Krystal must be a very successful celebrity. I can’t believe she spent her money for all of us over this place. We waited at the lobby while Krystal went check in with Chunji. I just watched as Joon and Hyomin are being all lovey-dovey next to me. Is this their honeymoon or group vacation?

“Why are you staring Sehun? Are you jealous?” Joon suddenly teased me.

“Why would I? Of course no. But I would appreciate it if you guys be less clingy whenever you’re around me.” I replied with an annoyed tone.

“Tch, you’ll do the same if you’re with Jiyeon.” Joon commented before laughing. He stopped when Hyomin nudged and glared at him. I don’t know if he knew about our break up, but now that he mentioned it, wouldn’t it be great to come here with Jiyeon? If only she didn’t ask for break up…

“Guys, here’s your key.” Krystal appeared handing us a black card each, “What’s great is that we got pool view rooms!” She added.

“Wow! Fascinating! I wish Jiyeon was here. She loves beach.” Chunji then stated.

This time I saw Krystal nudged Chunji, I bet she’s signaling him to not say Jiyeon’s name. Why? Can’t they all act like nothing happen? It’s stressing me out even more when they acted as if I forbade them to say Jiyeon’s name.

“Err… so, go and take a rest. Remember to gather for dinner okay!” Krystal commanded, so off we go to our rooms.

We walked to two-story residence placed facing a pool. This place is seriously beautiful and calming. I hope I can reduce my stress spending my time here. I strolled upstairs and entered my room. I threw my backpack onto the couch and took a look around the spacious room. Queen sized bed, nice bathroom with small Jacuzzi, and fully equipped with facilities. I went to the private balcony to watch the bright view outside. This place is almost perfect, yes almost. Something is still missing, or actually someone.

 

---

I woke up from my nap to  hear my phone is ringing crazily next to my ear. I looked at the caller’s name with my blurred vision. It’s Chunji. I answered the call after grunting for a few seconds.

“Hello.” I said with a sleepy voice.

“Yah! You’re still sleeping? We’ve been waiting for you. Didn’t you set an alarm?” He started nagging right when I answered the call.

“Shut up! You’re annoying!” I retorted.

“You’re even more annoying. I might die of hunger because of you. Krystal said she won’t got us food until you arrive.”

“Where were you guys? What time is it?”

“We’re at the restaurant by the pool. It’s almost seven you lazy bum!” This guy nagged like a bossy mom.

“It’s okay. I’m not hungry. You guys just eat.” I stated.

“What?! You have to come. No excuse. Just come down!” Now he sounded like a whiny girlfriend. Chunji is very funny at times.

“Okay okay. Give me ten minutes.”

“We’ll be waiting.”

I jumped off the bed after hanging up the call. I peeped through the balcony and saw it’s almost dark outside there. It must be very cold with the wind and breeze right? I put on black sweatpants, a plain shirt and also a sweater. I lazily strolled to the door, ready to leave. But something stopped me before I could get the door. I saw a familiar pink envelope on the floor right in front of the door. Looks like someone had slipped it from below the door. Is this a joke? I always used this pink envelope to send anonymous letter to Jiyeon before. I pulled out a small folded paper and read what’s written.

 

 

Dear Sehun,

The heartless you means the loveless me.

 

 

I remember these words. I wrote that in one of the letter sent to Jiyeon. Is she here? Is Jiyeon here and she slipped this letter? Although I’m still mad at her, deep down I was hoping that she’ll be here. At least I can watch her from a far. She must be here. Who else gonna send this kind of letter other than her. She has to be here.

 I ran down the building to a restaurant that was surrounded with beautiful lights near the pool. She must be there with the others. Maybe that’s why Chunji demanded me to come down. I stopped running when I reached the restaurant. I can’t let them notice my eagerness. The open restaurant let the breeze blew in, making it more refreshing. I saw my group of friends somewhere near the pool, sitting at a round table while chatting. I approached them slowly with my eyes wandered around, searching for someone. But I couldn’t find Jiyeon anywhere. There are two girls there, Krystal and Hyomin.

“Sehun? Finally you’re here!” Krystal exclaimed and dragged me to the table.

“Hi Sehun.” Someone greeted me. I noticed Myungsoo is sitting right in front of me, smiling.

“Oh hyung, you’re here.”

“I arrived just an hour ago.” He answered to me.

They started chatting again, and I decided to stay silent. I don’t feel like talking too. I felt so hopeless at this moment. I shouldn’t care, I almost hurt myself again. I should have ignored the letter. My eyes caught an empty chair next to Myungsoo. If Jiyeon was here, that must be her place. And if she was here, we are completed.

“So, where’s the food? Give me the Thailand cuisine!”

I frowned when I mistook the voice as Jiyeon’s. Maybe because she’s always been enthusiastic about food. I stared to the front again and I noticed the empty seat from before was occupied by someone. I gazed up and saw Jiyeon is smiling while taking to Myungsoo next to her. Wait, she’s here? How come? Just a minute ago the seat was empty.

“Sehun. You’re here too?” I can’t believe she got the urge to talk to me, and she even pretended to not know I was here? Wasn’t she the one sending me the letter?

“Yes.” I answered shortly.

“Are you okay now? Still feeling sick?” I heard Joonie asked her.

“A little, but I think this cool breeze will brush it away later. If only Myungie oppa didn’t drag me to the airport with him, I would have regretted it for my whole life. This place is awesome!” She exclaimed happily. I never forgot how adorable she looks smiling.

“Each of us had been busy. I missed spending time with you guys like we always did during our school days. By chance I’ve always wanna come here. Hence, here we are.” Krystal explained.

“Remember when Jiyeon was school’s fighter, Krystal was a lazy student, Joonie hyung was brainy, Myungsoo hyung was a sweetheart, and most importantly Sehun was a playboy?” Chunji pointed.

“And you were a sweet-talker.” Joon added while everyone is laughing except for me.

“I thought we came to eat.” I said in monotone.

“Err… yeah right. I’m hungry too. Let’s eat guys.” Krystal said. Was I being too harsh on them?

 

 

I finished the earliest, within ten minutes after we started eating. Honestly I wasn’t that hungry, plus I’m not so into the mood. It’s not that I’m not happy gathering here with them, but my stained heart is still a little too sensitive especially when Jiyeon is here too. I noticed how Myungsoo and her are taking care of each other very well. They kept filling each other’s plate with foods, and even joking around together. I know I shouldn’t feel offended because we had broken up anyway, but why must they do it in front of me? Am I that easy?

“I’m going first.”

I said standing up from my seat. None of them said anything and just staring as I stood up. I curled a bitter smile before leaving the table. Without looking back, I left the restaurant and strolled over to the residence where my room is placed. But I took the other route instead of going up right away. I need some cool air for myself. I walked down the small stairs that brought me to the beach. Sound of the waves is a bit calming. I can finally breathe lightly. As I looked around I saw a couple is walking side by side close to the water, letting their feet sunk into the clear cold water.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter