Nine

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~NINE~

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Sehun grabs Krystal’s wrist and pulls her behind the building with him. He let go of his grip on Krystal’s wrist and starts sighing a few times. Krystal looks directly into Sehun’s eyes, waiting for him to start talking. Sehun is gritting his teeth, holding himself from shouting at the younger girl in front of him, considering that she’s his sister-like friend. But still, he can’t hide his annoyance towards Krystal. He’s been holding himself for like three days, but now it’s becoming unbearable.

“Tell me, did you send Baekhyun hyung?” After about a minute stays silent, Sehun finally talks.

“Why? You’re mad?” Krystal asks him back while smirking.

“So it’s really you. This is why you deserve to be called stupid! Why do you even bother to start something I have ended?! I told you the day you saw me putting the letter into Jiyeon’s locker was the last letter I sent to her. What’s your problem huh?” Sehun finally explodes, but Krystal doesn’t seem like she’s afraid of him at all.

“Because I don’t trust you. I’ve heard that Baekhyun sunbae secretly likes Jiyeon unnie, so I convinced him to act like he’s the sender. My problem is that you refuse to concern that I like you since long time ago and keep hitting on unnie!” Krystal retorts.

“You have no idea right Krystal. Obviously, there’s a huge difference between you and Jiyeon. How do you expect me to like you back when your whole attitude is ?!”

“Even so, you do realize she doesn’t like you, right? My attitude is you said? What about your own self? You’re a filthy playboy who breaks hundreds of girls’ heart. You’re… shameful. You think Jiyeon will like you? Admit it, we deserve each other.”

“I’m trying to change…” Sehun realizes what Krystal said was right after all.

“You kiss so many girls before right? You’re a specialist in determining if the girl is a great kisser or not. What about me? Let see what you say about my kiss then.” Krystal then grabs Sehun’s collar and leans closer to him. Their lips meet barely for a few seconds before Sehun pulls away.

Sehun wipes his lips with his hand while irately staring at Krystal, “You’re the worst kisser I’ve ever met.”

After that, Sehun walks away and leaves Krystal there alone. When he arrives at one of the building’s corner, Sehun’s steps automatically stops, surprised. His eyes widen to see Myungsoo is standing there, unexplainably staring at him. Myungsoo bitterly smiles at Sehun while patting Sehun’s shoulder. Without saying anything, he turns around and leaves Sehun stiffly standing there alone. Pretty sure that Myungsoo has saw them, Sehun just let out a sigh, having a very bad feelings about the whole things that happened to their friendship right now. After clearing his mind for a while, Sehun then walks to his classroom. He really needs someone to talk to right now. The only person he can think of right now is Oh Sehun-killer, Chunji.

They are always bickering despite of the time and place, but they’re growing a tight bond between them for the time being. For this whole time, Chunji is the only person that is keeping the whole secret Sehun is hiding from the others. He’s the only person to know that Sehun is the original “Dear Jiyeon,” sender. And Chunji blinded everyone by acting like he’s having a huge affection towards Jiyeon. Sehun walks into the classroom and his eyes directly search for Chunji at his desk, but he’s nowhere to be seen in the classroom.

“Anyone saw Chunji?” Sehun asks some of his classmates.

“He wasn’t here when I come in.”

“Okay thanks.”

Feeling lonely, Sehun walks to his desk while pouting. He sits down and rests his back against his seat and starts staring outside the window. He lost in his own thoughts, thinking about the whole things that hits him like a truck. While he’s daydreaming alone, his phone is buzzing inside his pocket, bringing him back to his sense. He takes out his mobile phone and looks at the new text message received.

“Taehyung?” He asks himself.

 

 

“Why did I saw Chunji hyung entering the meeting room together with the principal and some teachers? You guys get into trouble again, hyung?”

 

 

“What is he saying? Chunji in the meeting room? Crap!”

 

Sehun dashes out of the classroom and rushes to the meeting upstairs. There’s no one at the corridor, probably have entered the class since school will starts in a minute. Doesn’t know what to do, Sehun starts wondering back and forth in front of the room, hoping the door will be opened. Sehun then sits on the bench placed at the end of the corridor, waiting. He keeps checking his watch, and almost thirty minutes passed until the meeting room’s door finally clicked and opened from inside. He saw their principal and some teachers come out, followed by Chunji at the most behind. Chunji bows down to the teachers before them all leave. He is seen holding a paper, and his expression doesn’t look good. Seeing all the teachers disappear, Sehun runs to Chunji.

“Ya Chunji!”

“Huh? Sehun? What are you doing here?”

“What are YOU doing here?” Sehun asks while pointing at Chunji.

“You’ll know soon. Now go back to your classroom you playboy. Excuse me because I have a date with Jiyeon while you have to study. Hahaha! Good bye!” Sehun knitted his eyebrows, confused. Chunji leaves the clueless Sehun there alone.

“This what I got after waiting? Date? With Jiyeon? What the hell is going on?!”

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

“Yah Oh Sehun! What’s wrong with you? You look soulless. And where’s Chunji?” After school ends, as usual they left together, but today there’s no Jiyeon and Chunji.

“Everything is just confusing. I don’t know anymore…” Sehun lazily answers.

“It’s even more confusing for me to see you acting all lifeless.” Joon replies.

Myungsoo then walks closer to Sehun before wrapping his arm around Sehun’s neck, “Cheer up Sehunnie! It’s okay.”

“Hyung… I’m sorry.” Sehun looks into Myungsoo’s eyes and shows his full sincerity.

“Huh? What are you sorry for?” Myungsoo acts confused, do not know that Sehun is aware about his feeling towards Krystal.

“Oh! Chunji oppa and Jiyeon unnie!” Krystal suddenly shouts, pointing at Chunji and Jiyeon that are standing across the road together.

 

They are both seen wearing casual attire, not school uniform. Chunji is waving at them while smiling brightly. Meanwhile Jiyeon next to him is bowing down her head, and her expression doesn’t look good at all. All four of them run across the road to where their two friends are waiting. Chunji is still brightly smiling at them, while Jiyeon is still looking down. They all start getting confuse to see diverse expression between those two. However as they got closer, they all noticed Jiyeon’s face is looking so red, especially her eyes.

“Jiyeon are y—” Sehun was about to approach Jiyeon when Krystal suddenly grabbed his arm and stopped him from advancing. Sehun glares at her while gritting his teeth, but he doesn’t say anything.

“Aigoo our Jiyeonnie is not looking good. It’s okay, we’re here.” Without asking what’s the problem, Joon just hugs Jiyeon while petting her back.

Myungsoo joins in and caresses Jiyeon’s back, giving her strength, “Yah Chunji, what have you done to our lovely Jiyeonie huh?” Myungsoo pretends to scold Chunji.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt her but she cried. To be honest I was freaked out at first because she didn’t stop crying on our way here.” Chunji explains, pitifully looks at the hyungs so that they won’t be mad at him.

“Scold him oppa!” Jiyeon suddenly says and pointed out Chunji, “He said he’s gonna move away and leave us because of his stupid scandal with our language teacher.” Jiyeon continues, sounded furious.

“What?!” Sehun yells, surprised.

“What again? That guy is you? You look innocent when we first met you oppa.” Krystal then exclaims.

“Can you stop being so thoughtless Krystal? We all know Chunji is not that kind of person. This all must be a misunderstanding.” Joon scolds Krystal and takes Chunji’s side.

“Yeah, it’s obviously a misunderstanding but the school administration can’t accept this. Moreover, everyone knows I like Jiyeon, not that teacher. Hahaha!” Chunji explains and shoots his infamous wink to Jiyeon.

“Looks like you will never stop flirting with Jiyeon, right Chunji?” Myungsoo points out.

“I afraid yes. Since the first time I saw her in school, I started growing this special fondness toward her. It makes me feel like seeing her happy all the time, and I can’t believe I’m the reason she’s crying today. We become close not so long ago, but it’s already feel we’re family.”

“Chunji-ya, can you stop being all emotional? Same goes to Jiyeon. It’s not like we won’t be able to meet Chunji outside school.” After a while getting confused with the sadness around, Sehun finally voices out his thought.

“Ya Oh Sehun! You think I’m that stupid to cry just because Chunji has to change school?” Jiyeon scolds and punches Sehun’s stomach, furious.

“W—why? Where are you going?” He asks Chunji.

“I’m gonna live with my aunt in Singapore. I’m going next week.” Chunji answers.

“WHAT?! But next week is our final exam!” Sehun yells.

“And also our college entrance exam.” Joon then says.

“Don’t worry. You guys don’t need to follow me to my departure. It’s not like I’ll leave forever. I promise you guys, we will meet again someday.”

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

Finally, our first day of final exam ends. I look at Chunji’s empty desk. Has he departed? He doesn’t deserve this. He should have stayed with us here. I knew something was off with our language teacher the day when Chunji shared white chocolate with me, saying that the teacher gave him that during the white day. Well, Chunji is adorable. He’s very handsome and his type is usually noona’s favorite. It’s not a big surprise when Chunji told me the teacher attempted to seduce him. It must be awkward for him. I don’t have to think much about this, maybe he’s leaving for good. He’s really a great friend even though we became close not too long ago.

“Jiyeon, let’s go.”

Sehun’s voice got me back to my sense. I nod once and leave the classroom with him. Myungsoo oppa and Krystal have already waiting in front of the building. Why do they look slightly awkward to each other? They are stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter