Eighteen

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

EIGHTEEN

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

One evening in Sehun’s café, the group of friends gathered again, but without Chunji or Jiyeon. The café is most likely their port now, and even the regular customer would know them. Especially when there’s Krystal always hanging out together, a celebrity you know. But after a while, Chunji finally joined them with his usual lively smile. Once he took his seat, his eyes started wandering around, looking for someone. The smile disappeared.

“Jiyeon wasn’t here again?” He asked.

“She can’t be here. Tomorrow is her birthday. It has been five years ago since we last celebrated her birthday. It’s fun, let’s do it again.” Joon explained.

“Ah, what a relief. I thought she’s not here because someone hurt her or so. I was just about to haunt anyone who hurt her LOL. That’s great. I didn’t have a chance to join the surprise party you guys did years ago. I’m anticipating this time!” Chunji exclaimed.

When he talked about haunting someone who hurt Jiyeon, Sehun, Myungsoo, and Krystal are eyeing each other. Joon and Chunji don’t know about the incident that happen days ago. If they do, Krystal might be in trouble. Of course Myungsoo wouldn’t dare to say anything about that. While for Sehun, he knew Jiyeon wouldn’t want Krystal to be in trouble, so he zipped his lips silent.

“Since doing a prank before surprising her is too mainstream, let’s just barge into her house and surprise her. Jiyeon seemed upset lately, let show her she’s still our precious Jiyeonnie.” Myungsoo suggested. And he saw from the edge of his eyes, Krystal is rolling her eyes in annoyance. Why is Krystal like that?

“Jiyeon did seem upset when she went to my apartment last week.” Joon agreed.

“Maybe she’s just on her period, who knows.” Krystal in.

“Or maybe someone hurt her, you know.” Sehun shrugged while secretly eyeing Krystal.

“Let’s just hope that she’s okay by now. What about the preparation?” Chunji asked.

“I told Jinwoon to make a special cake for Jiyeon.” Sehun stated.

“I’ve bought some party stuffs and requested some pretty balloons from the party planner.” Joon happily stated.

“I don’t know what to do.” Krystal lazily talked.

“What about calling Taehyung and inform him about our plan?” Myungsoo told Krystal.

“There’s no way I’ll call that freak. He’s a weirdo!” Krystal answered with a disgust face.

“As if you’re that great. I don’t think he wants to talk to you either,” Chunji suddenly dissed her, “I’ll call him.” Chunji continued before taking out his handphone.

“Let’s go to the shopping mall. I haven’t bought any presents for her.” Sehun said.

“But I have to pick up all the party popper stuffs and balloons from the party planner store in 30 minutes.” Joon then said.

Suddenly, an idea popped in Krystal’s mind, “It’s okay Joonie oppa. I’ve bought the present for unnie so I can pick up the party poppers for you.” She offered.

“Really? Thank you! Now, let’s go guys!”

Just like that, Joon, Sehun, Myungsoo, and Chunji dispersed outside the café, leaving to the mall. However Krystal in the café can’t stop smirking. Ideas by ideas popped in her mind about her plan for tonight surprise party.

 

 

They all gathered in front of Sehun’s café that night at eleven, except for Krystal who hasn’t arrived yet. Chunji and Joon are busy inserting all the presents they bought for Jiyeon in Myungsoo’s car boot after getting it all wrapped nicely. They all looked so excited. Myungsoo is talking to Taehyung on the phone, telling him to get Jiyeon ready. Meanwhile, Sehun just disappeared into the café to get the cake from Jinwoon. Krystal is still nowhere to be seen. Everything is ready, now they just have to wait from Krystal to arrive and Sehun to come out with the special cake Jinwoon made.

“Guys look—”

Sehun carefully walked out of the door with his arms tightly cradled to cake in the box. He was just about to show the other three how beautiful Jinwoon decorated the cake when someone suddenly appeared from inside the café behind him and accidentally crashing onto his back. Their eyes widen to see the box flew from Sehun’s hands and fell onto the ground, ruined. Chunji, Joon, and Myungsoo startled at their spot to see the ruined cake on the ground while Sehun is clenching his fists, fuming in anger.

“I—I’m so-rry.” The guy who bumped onto him stuttered.

Sehun’s face turned red as he looked at the guy, “You,” He pointed at the guy’s face, “What is your intention doing this? Who told you to do this?!” He advanced and grabbed his collar.

“Sehun!” Chunji ran forward and grabbed Sehun’s arm while Joon unleashed Sehun’s grip on the guy’s shirt and told him to go.

“Let’s go to any bakery and get another cake okay?” Joon patted Sehun’s back.

“I don’t think there’s any bakery open at this hour.” Myungsoo muttered.

“Don’t worry. It’s not we cannot celebrate without cake right?” Chunji tried to soothe the tense around him.

“Okay. Let’s just wait for Krystal to come with party poppers and balloon.” Joon agreed.

 

None of them talked as they silently waited for Krystal in front of the café. Joon and Myungsoo leaned their backs against the car while looking down the ground. Chunji is silently resting in the car on the back seat while Sehun sat onto the stairs to the café’s entrance, sullenly staring at the ruined cake on the floor in front of them. After about fifteen minutes, a black van parked right behind Myungsoo’s car and Krystal slowly departed from the van. Seeing her, Myungsoo and Joon suddenly gasped while Sehun just blankly staring. There’s band aid on a part of her forehead and also her right jaw.

“What has happened to you Krystal?” Joon approached looking worried.

“I’m sorry… oppa.” Her face dropped, avoiding the guys’ eyes.

“Why?” Myungsoo then asked.

“When I was taking the stuffs from the party planner, a crowd of fans surrounded me and they started shoving me around to take pictures and all, and then…” She stopped as a sob could be heard coming.

Chunji who just realized the situation came out from the car looking confused, “What’s happening to you Krystal?”

“I accidentally let go of the balloons to the sky and they all unknowingly stepped on all the party popper and other stuffs.” Krystal cried.

“Are you practicing your acting skill right now? Because you .” Sehun hissed as he approached them.

“I’m not! I’m injured too!” Krystal retorted.

“Whatever. I don’t trust you at all. You might be the one sabotaging and pretended to be innocent. You keep messing around until now. I thought you’ve changed, but you’re not.” Sehun said again.

“Sehun! Can’t you see she’s injured too? Why would she lie? Show some respect. I know you’re angry because of the cake, but this is not the way to express it.” Joon reprimanded.

“I was there when Jiyeon cried because of you. You better behave.” Sehun threatened with a fierce glare.

“Calm down, Sehun.” Chunji told him.

“The birthday surprised is totally ruined. We won’t be able to go tonight. Let’s just meet Jiyeon tomorrow or whenever. I’m going to sleep. Good night.”

Sehun then turned around and left into the café, his home. That night ended with the tense caused by jealousy and disappointment.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Noona~”

Jiyeon is about to sleep when Taehyung flew into her room, well as usual. She beamed to see Taehyung’s signature smile, the cute yet idiotic wide smile.

“It’s already late night Taehyung. Let’s play tomorrow okay.” Jiyeon said while shooing Taehyung.

“Come on noona. It’s still early.” Taehyung insisted as he grabbed Jiyeon’s arm and pulled her outside the room with him.

“Oh! Kookie you’re here too. Are you staying tonight?” Jiyeon asked as she saw Jungkook is downstairs waving at her.

“Maybe. I wouldn’t want to miss the party yeah~” Jungkook suddenly doing the club dance.

“Yah! Shh!” Taehyung placed his index finger on Jungkook’s lips, shutting him up.

“Ah, I forgot. Sorry.” He quickly apologized.

“Are you hiding something from me?” Jiyeon eyed them suspiciously.

“It nothing noona. Let’s just stay here for a few minutes, or for an hour.” Taehyung grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and told her to sit with them.

“Weird…” Jiyeon mumbled.

 

Jiyeon noticed Taehyung kept checking his wristwatch and he looked anxious too. Meanwhile, Jungkook is busy scrolling his twitter while humming as familiar melody. Jiyeon’s sharp ears caught that he’s humming birthday song. Then it hit her. Are we celebrating my birthday after midnight? Like five years ago? Jiyeon thought as she remembered the surprise they made before. Her lips curled, forming a slight smile to the thought of having her friends celebrating her birthday again. Taehyung even keep checking on his phone. They must be planning something. Jiyeon smiled again.

“Is this for my birthday?” She eyed Taehyung and Jungkook.

“Uh—no!” Taehyung quickly denied but Jiyeon noticed Jungkook nodded behind Taehyung with a silly smile.

“Why are you nodding Kookie?” Jiyeon teased. Caught!

“Yah!” Taehyung scolded.

“What? When did I nod? I did not!” He denied, making Jiyeon chuckled.

“So, tell me guys. Are we waiting for someone?” Jiyeon curiously asked.

“Just wait and see them yourself!” Taehyung finally blurted out, “Opps.”

“Them?” Jiyeon pretended to ask even though she’s pretty sure that her friends are really coming.

“I won’t say anything anymore. Don’t talk to me. You too Jungkook, zip your mouth.” Taehyung commanded.

“Okay then. I’ll wait.”

 

It’s already ten minutes past midnight. Each of them is looking so anxious. Taehyung has been checking outside the door a few times but it’s so quiet out there, considering it’s midnight. He looked at his wristwatch again then his phone. He started walking back and forth in the living room, while Jiyeon’s smiling face slowly faded as time goes. Suddenly, Taehyung’s phone beeped, gaining Jiyeon’s and Jungkook’s attention. But Taehyung’s expression looked like he’s just getting punched.

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter