Seventeen

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

SEVENTEEN

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“Jiyeon, aren’t you going out for lunch?”

I was daydreaming alone at my table when someone suddenly talked to me. I looked up and saw Kevin is standing next to me with a very bright smile. I slightly beamed back and just simply shook my head, indicating that I’m not going out for lunch. It’s not that I’m not hungry, I’m really hungry. I wanted to ask Myungsoo oppa whether he wants to go out for lunch with me, but I decided to just stay here and get some instant noodle later.

“Great then!” Kevin suddenly shouted, making me flinched, “Ah… did I surprise you Jiyeon? I’m sorry.” He then apologized with an awkward smile.

“It’s okay Kevin-ssi.” I told him.

“Drop the formality Jiyeon. Just call me oppa, that’s better.” He cutely grinned, and I swear he has the sweetest eye-smile I’ve ever seen.

“Okay, Kevin oppa.” I grinned back.

“Since you’re not going out for lunch, let’s eat together. My sister packed me extra foods for lunch enough for all of us. But Woohyun hyung and Ailee can’t join us. So… would you eat with me?” He asked and he seemed scared.

“Sure! I’ll eat with you oppa.” I tried to sound as bright as I could so he wouldn’t feel awkward.

“Yayyy!!!” He cheered while childishly clapping his hands. He seemed a little bit girly, or… he’s just cute, that’s all.

 

He started unpacking the foods and I can’t stop gulping to see all the delicious foods in front of me. Seriously, my tummy started grumbling, begging for all these foods in front of us. Kevin handed me a pair of chopsticks and quickly told me to eat. I thanked him before filling my bowl with various foods. I heard him chuckled next to me. He’s so cute and squishy! It’s unbelievable that this oppa is actually older than me. He’s so skinny and small too, also outgoing. I think I have to be grateful to have such a bright colleagues, so I won’t be lonely. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. Someone texted me.

 

CJ: Jiyeon-ah, where are you? Why aren’t you here?

 

Where? I don’t understand what he is saying.

 

JY: In my office. Why Chunji? Where did you mean?

CJ: We are all at Sehun’s café. Why you ain’t come?

JY: Ah… no one told me to go there.

CJ: Really? I’ll wait for you in front of the building. Come down now okay.

 

I stopped chewing the foods immediately after reading Chunji’s messages. I suddenly lost my appetite. I can’t understand this whole thing. So they’re together at Sehun’s café, yet no one told me to be there? Myungsoo oppa didn’t even come to fetch me first. What’s with everyone? They’re seriously neglecting me? If Chunji didn’t ask me… I guess I wouldn’t know forever.

“Jiyeon, are you okay?” Kevin asked, still chewing the chicken.

“I think so. You keep eating oppa. I have to meet someone.” I replied.

“Okay. Be careful.”

He talked with his whole mouth filled with rice. I slightly chortled at his expression before leaving the office. Once I exited the building, I saw Chunji is walking towards me from across the road. He must be coming from the café. I can’t hide my gloomy face, and I guessed he noticed it too. He shot his lively smile and pulled me to a bench near us.

“Everyone is there?” I curiously asked.

“Yeah, except for you. Even Krystal was there. Sehun called us and said he prepared a lunch for us.” Chunji answered before staring at me long. I know, he’s checking my expression.

“Well, I just didn’t get the call from him. It’s not that I don’t want to go there. Even Myungsoo oppa didn’t even come to my office first. Basically, I just don’t know a thing. I guess everyone just hate me.” I whispered the last part and sadly smiled.

“Nonsense. You’re the most loveable girl. Why would they hate you?” Chunji laughed, trying to brighten me up.

“I don’t know. Who knows?” I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.

“No one hates you. Believe me.” He beamed, “Actually, I’ll leave for one of two weeks because I have to attend my new book’s launch and promotion. Will you be okay here?”

“Why wouldn’t I? I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself.” I chuckled.

“You’re not a girl anymore Jiyeon, you’re a pretty lady. A WOMAN.” Chunji stressed.

“Yeah yeah I know. I’ll miss you Chunji.”

“Just… if anyone hurts you, tell me okay? I just don’t have a good feeling leaving you. I just comeback barely for a week.”

“I told you I can take care of myself. Now go go go!” We stood up and I started shoving his back.

“Oh! Myungsoo hyung is here.” Chunji suddenly pointed a few meters across the road when Myungsoo is seen waving at us, but I don’t feel like seeing him for now.

“Jiyeon-ah you’re here. Who’s thi—” Woohyun oppa suddenly appeared, just right on them. Before he could finish talking, I grabbed his arm.

“Let’s go Woohyun oppa. Chunji, see you later and take care.” I shouted at Chunji before dragging Woohyun with me into the building.

“You take care to Jiyeonnie!” I heard Chunji’s voice fading as I left.

 

 

“Why are you dragging me? Are you hitting on me?” Woohyun gave a cheesy smile and we walked into the office.

“No! I was just—feeling awkward walking alone.” I came out with an excuse.

“Okay then. You’re so adorable Jiyeonnie!” He expressed. He looked like he’ll confess soon if I keep talking to him, so I decided to ignore him and sit at my table next to Kevin.

“Jiyeon,” Kevin moved his chair towards me while holding his phone, “There’s a new Octopus restaurant near here.” He said showing a picture to me.

“Woah… that must be really delicious!” I exclaimed. Kevin is just about to reply when the door opened, revealing Myungsoo oppa coming in.

“Hi guys!” He greeted.

“Ah, Myungsoo. Why?” Woohyun asked him.

“I come to talk to Jiyeon. Krystal planned a dinner for us today. Let’s go together okay?” Myungsoo oppa said smiling, looking straight into my eyes.

“Ah… really?” I slowly asked, but I avoided his eyes. While I was avoiding Myungsoo’s eyes, I accidentally caught Kevin’s eyes looking at me with a doubtful gaze.

“So, are you going?” Myungsoo asked again.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo-ssi, but Jiyeon promised to have dinner with us today.” Kevin suddenly talked.

“Oh really?” I saw Myungsoo oppa staring at me, asking for a confirmation.

“That’s right oppa.” I answered while bitterly smiling at him.

“If that so… enjoy yourself. I’m going.” Just like that, Myungsoo oppa left the room.

“You don’t look like you wanted to join him. I’m sorry.” Kevin suddenly apologized.

“It’s okay Kevin oppa. I’d like to go with you guys too. Ailee unnie and Woohyun oppa will join too right? My treat!”

“Of course!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The four of us happily walked into the new Octopus House near our workplace that evening exactly at 6.00 p.m. I checked on their expression and each of them reacted differently. Kevin’s eyes are sparkling to and he started sniffing the spicy scent in the restaurant. Woohyun is naughtily smiling with his eyes fixed on the girls around here. Whenever wherever, he’s just a playboy. Ailee is widely smiling while rubbing her tummy. If I get to know them more, they’ll surely make a great friend.

“Jiyeon unnie, you’re here?” A voice called my name.

“Y-you… Krystal Jung! You’re the actress… I can’t believe my eyes! I can actually see you in per—”

“Shut up Namu!” I saw Myungsoo oppa smacked Woohyun’s arm, making him stopped fanboying.

“Guys…” That’s the only word that came out from my mouth. Krystal, Myungsoo oppa, and Sehun are standing in front of us.

“Who are they unnie? So this is why you rejected coming with us? You got yourself a bunch of new friends.” Krystal said with a smug smirk while staring at my colleagues.

“Yeah, they are my new friends. I didn’t reject you gu—”

“Okay okay.” Krystal cut me off, “What about all of you joining us? The more the merrier,” She continued.

“Forget it! I don’t want to eat with someone who talk rudely to my friend. When I think back, you’re not that pretty anymore.” Woohyun oppa suddenly hissed. Wait… just a minute ago, he’s fanboying over Krystal, but now he suddenly acted cold. What the hell with this oppa?

“Woohyun! What are you talking about? Watch your words.” Myungsoo oppa glared at him.

“Aish, why do we have to waste our time here anyway? I came for dinner! Not for some childish argument.” Sehun who stayed silent for time being finally talked.

“Let’s go. Jiyeon, are you coming with us?” Kevin asked me.

“I’m coming with you.” I answered Kevin, “I’m sorry guys. I’m going.” I told my friends before leaving with Kevin, Ailee, and Woohyun.

“Forget her.” I heard Sehun’s voice saying that right after I turned around. It hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter