Ten

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

~TEN~

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

In the dark, I can’t see anything ahead but my mind start imagining bad things that might happen to me. The guy drags me somewhere and he pushes me down. I can feel my lands on the couch. Tears keep flowing down, and I don’t hear anything instead my own sobs and also sounds of someone walking away. But then, sound of someone steps closer is heard. I can feel someone sits next to me. I’m really scared. I can hardly breathe right now because of too scared. My chest is going up and down while sobbing hard. My face is fully drown with my tears. I wanna run away, but it’s so dark and I can barely see anything around. From the edge of my eyes, I can see a glimpse of the person moving next to me. He leans closer, so close that I can feel his breath hitting my jaw and ear.

“Are you scared? Do you see your death ahead?”

The guy whispers to my ear, giving me goosebump. But this voice… is so familiar. How can that be? Is someone I know is taking a revenge or something? My body freeze and I don’t even move a bit, totally scared. But that voice just now is really bothering me. It’s not just familiar, it’s veerrryyyy familiar. Because he’s whispering, I can’t hear his real voice but it’s giving me common vibe when someone I know is talking to me. This doesn’t seem right at all.

“Are you ready to die?” That guy whispers again. This seems a lot like thriller movie. But I’m about to die.

“P—please… spare me, sir.” That’s the only words that slip from my lips. I’m shaking like crazy right now.

“I have no mercy! Die!!!”

“Arrggghhhh!!!!”

I scream out loud when that man shouts. But wait, that voice… before I can think why does that voice sounds like my own friend’s voice, the light suddenly switched on and the whole darkness disappear within a second. Now I can clearly see everything. There’s colorful decorations around the living room, and some colorful balloons are hanging. What is all this? While wiping my tears, I turn to my left to see the person next to me and my eyes widen to see Sehun is standing there while naughtily smiling at me. As expected, I know it’s his voice I heard just now. I frown at him, completely feeling dumb with this whole drama that just happened, and I even cried because of too scared!

“Err, surprise…?” He says, making me frown harder.

“Seriously Sehun?” I reply, annoyed.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LOVELY JIYEON, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”

 

I turn around just to see a group of people come out from the kitchen while singing a happy birthday song. Joonie oppa is standing at the most front, holding a cute white cake with a big candle in the middle. Myungsoo oppa is next to him playing the guitar chords to birthday song. I can’t hide my shocked face as I can feel my jaws is dropping, dumbfounded. I turn speechless to see mom, dad, Tae Tae and Kookie are singing birthday song while clapping their hands behind Joonie and Myungie oppa. While Oh Sehun, he’s hysterically laughing next to me, having fun. I can’t believe all this drama happened to me. I really thought I would die in misery alone just now when Sehun whispered to me “Are you ready to die?” Joonie oppa stops in front of me while smiling happily.

“Happy birthday our lovely Yeonnie.” He says.

“Yeah happy birthday my pretty noona. I love you soo much!” Taehyung excitedly exclaims.

“I love you too Tae Tae!” I reply.

“My acting isn’t bad right, Jiyeon? Anyways, happy birthday!!! Sehun then happily clapping his hands.

“Yeah I really think I’d die.” I say while showing him two thumbs up.

“I’ll go and call Krystal. She did a great job for keeping Jiyeon in her house so we can prepare for this birthday surprise.” Without even wishing me a great birthday, Myungsoo oppa runs out of the house.

“Aish that hyung. He should’ve say something to you first before leaving.” Sehun complains.

“Aigoo my daughter. You’ve grown up well. We love you.” Before I can be sad about Myungsoo oppa forgot to wish me a happy birthday, mom and dad come closer and hug me tightly.

“I love you guys too mom, dad.”

 

 

After a few minutes, Myungsoo oppa and Krystal appear. Myungsoo looks that happy just for being able to get Krystal here by himself. He likes her that much. It’s already midnight and here we are throwing a birthday party for me. I cut the cake and feed everyone there with my own hands. I don’t know why Taehyung so happy when I feed him to the point he starts hugging me. Maybe he realized that we won’t be seeing each other starting from next week since he’s going with mom. Sehun looks as happy as Taehyung when I feed him. His adorable eye smile appears while he’s eating the cake. Then, I feed the two oppa that won’t be in school for next semester anymore.

“Guys! Chunji is FaceTime-ing me!” Sehun runs to us while shaking his iPhone excitedly. We all anxiously looks at the phone screen for the video call and there we saw our beloved Chunji is waving while sweetly smiling at us.

“Hi guys! Miss me?” He asks.

“We miss you like crazy Chunji!” We all reply him in unison.

“I knew it! I call today specially for my love Jiyeonie! Happy birthday I love you sooo much! I’ve prepared a birthday gift for you. It’s my hug and kiss. Hahahaha!” He says before cutely laughing.

“What kind of birthday gift is that? Jiyeon won’t accept it.” Sehun suddenly answers.

“Sehun is just jealous. I’ll accept anything as long as it’s my birthday present.” I say while winking at Chunji, imitating his usual act whenever he’s around me.

“If that so, I wanna give hug and kiss too for Jiyeon.” Again, Sehun interrupted.

“Are you crazy?!” I hear Krystal scolds Sehun.

“Hahaha I’m kidding. I’ve posted the gift for you this morning. You will receive it in a few days, since it’s international shipping. So, how’s you guys? The surprise birthday party sounds fun. I wish I was there.”

“We all wish you were here. No one is sweet talking like you so it’s bit dull around here.” Myungsoo oppa take turns to talk.

“However Chunji, we got a new Sehun-killer. Before this you always badmouthed Sehun right? Now there’s no one badmouthing him but there’s Krystal limiting his movement. He looks like a prisoner. Hahaha!” Joonie oppa then tells him.

“Good job Krystal! Make sure you torture him as much as he deserves.” Chunji praises Krystal.

“I’ll do a great job replacing you Chun oppa!” Krystal replies.

“I hate you guys.” I hear Sehun mumbles.

“So Chunji, how’s Singapore? Is it great, living there?” I change the topic.

“Great! But nothing can be compared to Seoul because you guys are there, while I’m alone here. It’s very lonely, and I can’t find any friend yet. For a past few months, my life seemed really perfect to have you guys as my friends, but now, I feel lifeless without you guys around. Now I realize how great is friendship can make us.”

“Don’t be sad Chunji. You will always be in our heart and we will always be in your heart. You can always contact us anytime.” Joonie oppa says, trying to comfort him.

“I’ll make sure that. Friends are like kisses blown to us by angels. It’s too precious that losing it can actually make us crazy.”

“Awwhh Chunji. I really miss your lyrical words.” I can feel tears forming in my eyes as I said that.

“Sometimes we have a friend and we sense that our souls are very closely connected. We know that the connection is above time and space. We know that wherever we are in our lives, we will always remain friends. That’s what I feel when I first know you guys. Even if we do not see each other for years, we are able to pick up right where we left off. So one day, no matter how long it will take, we’ll gather again and the friendship still remains the same. This is what people mean when they say friends forever. Since I’m far away now, I don’t know what’s happening there. Sometimes, a simple thing can be utterly destructive in the friendship. So even if something bad happens, I beg please contain yourself so that our friendship remains forever. Something bad as in, love, or something.”

“I think you can stop talking now Chunji. You’re making me feel emotional.” Sehun then says.

“Thanks Chunji. As the oldest, I’ll make sure to protect our friendship.” Joon convinces, and I saw Chunji nods.

“I trust you hyung. And you, Oh Sehun! Make sure you will really stop being a playboy and focus on the only one you love. This might be a hard battle for you, but be strong and you can do it!”

“Thanks Chunji the Sehun-killer. I’ll try my best.”

“Okay bye and goodnight guys! I love you all!” Chunji blows a cute flying kiss before hanging up.

 

 

We all gather in the living room that night at 1.00 a.m. Mom and dad have already left to their room, feeling sleepy. Taehyung and Jungkook too have disappeared to Taehyung room to do whatever activities and left only five of us here. Okay now we’re here to open all the gifts I received from them all. First of all, I count and the gifts in front of me.

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5… Why there’s only five? Where’s the other one? Someone is not giving me any birthday gift?” I complain when I realize one if missing, excluding Chunji’s present.

“Excuse me, I don’t have your birthday present with me. I’ll bring it tomorrow.” Sehun put his hand up and confessed.

“Why it has to be tomorrow? Are you taking a revenge because I have your birthday gift quite late too?”

“Eyyy, I’m not that childish. I can’t bring it tonight because of some reason. I have to get it tomorrow. So just wait tomorrow. Now let’s unwrapping all of these.”

“Okay.”

I unwrap the medium sized box wrapped with pink wrapping paper. I open the box and I can’t hide the happiness upon seeing the flat Chanel sandal with chain embellishment on it. Seriously great for summer in two more weeks. For a highly fashionable stuff like this, it thanks to Krystal. Next is a cute polka dot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter