Twenty-Five

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

TWENTY-FIVE

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Jiyeon entered the office room with her head hung low. She’s too drowned in her thoughts to notice that Woohyun just happily greeted her, but soon turned sullen when completely ignored by Jiyeon. She took her seat silently, as if there’s no one around her. Her mind is still filled with Sehun’s painful gaze, his sad voice, and his inexplicable words. Can I even trust you Jiyeon? The words keep repeating themselves no matter how much Jiyeon tried to get rid of them.

“Jiyeon, let’s have dinner party together today.” Kevin asked.

“……..”

“Jiyeon do you hear me?” Kevin continued after exchanging glances with Woohyun and Ailee.

“She ignored me too just now.” Woohyun pouted.

“Jiyeon, if you have any problem, you can share it with us you know.” Ailee said, and that was when Jiyeon finally lifted her face, staring at them before shooting a weak smile.

“I’m okay. But I don’t think I can join the dinner party.” She answered.

“Forget it. We’ll go next time. I’m not going without Jiyeon.” Woohyun said, still pouting.

“Okay then. Next time will do.” Kevin agreed.

While Woohyun, Kevin, and Ailee are busy discussing whether to have the dinner party next week or next two weeks, Jiyeon is making herself busy. She started doing all works she can find so that she will be able to forget the troublesome thoughts. She did the proposal, requests a new deco into the list, and even plans the next exhibition by herself. When everyone is going out for lunch, Jiyeon refused and stayed there, still doing her works. That had caused her colleagues to get worried, forcing them to find a solution.

Finally when lunch ends, Woohyun brought Myungsoo in, telling how Jiyeon has been acting severely upset. The other three are waiting outside, pushing Myungsoo inside alone. He slowly approached as he noticed how Jiyeon is completely focusing on the computer. He tugged Kevin’s chair and sat down next to Jiyeon. He started talking even though Jiyeon keep ignoring his existence there.

“I heard from your colleagues you’ve been acting weird. Did my confession bother you?”

“No.” Jiyeon actually answered him even though her eyes still focused on the screen.

“Then why? You’re not usually like this. Chill girl, you’re pushing yourself.” Myungsoo stopped her from typing. She did stop, but she didn’t take her eyes off the screen, or she just doesn’t want to look at Myungsoo, “Are you having a fight with Sehun?” He added.

Upon hearing Sehun’s name, something sharp stabbed her heart, “No we’re okay.” She timidly lied.

“What about visiting his café now? Let’s have some coffees together, and we can chill there with Sehun for a while. Maybe that way you can calm down a little.” Myungsoo suggested.

But little did he know, every time he spoke, each word is like knives stabbing Jiyeon. Sehun’s name itself is making Jiyeon’s fragile heart pained, to think how sad he looked this morning. Jiyeon gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, holding herself from burst crying. But it’s too much for her to handle. She finally lost her mind as tears rolled down non-stop. Myungsoo freaked out to see Jiyeon’s sudden tears. But he quickly caressed Jiyeon’s back, hoping that it’ll help soothe her. He didn’t dare to say anything anymore as Jiyeon is sobbing hardly next to him.

“Excuse me.”

Jiyeon said in between her sobs. She stood up, grabbed her handbag, and left the room. Myungsoo was left stunned at his spot when Jiyeon suddenly left. Woohyun, Kevin, and Ailee outside were as flustered as Myungsoo to see Jiyeon passed by them with extremely red face. But all they can do are watching Jiyeon’s back slowly disappeared from their sight.

“Dude what have you done huh?” Woohyun asked accusingly when Myungsoo came out.

“I don’t know. I was surprised too when she suddenly cried.” Myungsoo blankly answered, confused.

“Let her be guys. She needs time.” Ailee said, slowly understanding the situation as a girl.

“Okay, let’s give her time.” Kevin then agreed. Myungsoo and Woohyun just nodded.

 

 

On the other hand, Jiyeon is taking the subway. She went away without thinking of any direction. She needs to talk to someone, to a person that understands her most. She has always knew Joon would make a great company for a time like this, but she strongly believes that he’s currently busy with work. There’s only a person that knows her best, and will always spend his time for her, Chunji. So Jiyeon made her way to Chunji’s apartment, tears still falling down. Ignoring the strange gaze people shot at her, Jiyeon bowed her head down and stepped faster. When she arrived in front of Chunji’s apartment, Jiyeon rang the bell without waiting. She doesn’t have to wait long because within seconds Chunji got the door.

“Jiyeonnie you’re here!” Chunji excitedly exclaimed. But his expression dropped when he noticed Jiyeon’s red face, “What’s going on?”

Jiyeon answered him with a sob. Chunji quickly pulled Jiyeon into the house with him. He told Jiyeon to settle down in the living room while he made his way to the kitchen, bringing some cool water for Jiyeon. She noticed the laptop and sheets of paper on the table in front of her. Chunji must be busy writing right now. Maybe I shouldn’t bother him. Jiyeon thought and almost left when Chunji appeared.

“Where do you think you’re going crying girl? Come back here. I know you need me right now.” Chunji demanded in a joking tone, trying to brighten the mood.

“I know you’re busy. We can talk next time.” Jiyeon answered.

“You think I would ditch you over my work? For your information, you’re much more important than my books.” Chunji stated and dragged Jiyeon back to the couch, “Drink this.” He handed a glass of cold water.

“Thanks, Chunji.”

“Did Sehun hurt you? Should I go and kick that ?”

“I don’t know. I have no idea too. I think I unknowingly hurt him, but I don’t know what it was.” Jiyeon said. Tears started forming again once Sehun’s name is brought up.

“What’s exactly happening?”

“He hurt himself a few days ago, and he said he was drunk. I don’t know if I should believe him or not. And this morning, he came driving a new car, saying that it’ll be easier for him to fetch and drop me home. When I said it’s unnecessary, his face turned gloomed. He said I didn’t appreciate what he did for me.”

Jiyeon paused there, taking a deep breath as tears rolled down continuously, “Don’t push yourself Jiyeon.” Chunji patted her back.

“It’s okay. I need to talk to someone about this. I just can’t keep it.” Jiyeon said.

“Then say it all.”

“I tried to fix the tense. I said I’m not looking for wealth; I just wanna live happily with him. But his tense gaze turned to a painful one. I thought I have hurt him with my words, so I tried to reach out to him but he avoided me. Can I even trust you? It hurts me too, seeing how painful he seemed when he uttered those words. He my hair for a second before he finally left.” Jiyeon finished.

“Did you do anything wrong? I don’t wanna accuse you, but just in case you unknowingly hurt him. We both know Sehun isn’t the type that would be easily taken aback by something. From your story, it seemed that he’s really upset.”

“The only thing that I can think about is that I didn’t answer his call last night. But I did call him back but he didn’t answer.”

“Why didn’t you pick up the call?” Chunji eyed her suspiciously.

“I—was with Myungsoo oppa.”

“And how that stopped you from answering?”

“Myungsoo stopped me. He’s about to tell me something.”

“I don’t know what’s going on between you and hyung now, but I hope it wasn’t something that can hurt Sehun. You know what I mean right? Since you used to like him…”

“Please believe in me Chunji. I don’t want to hurt Sehun too.”

“Of course I believe in you. Maybe it’s not you. Maybe it’s something else that bothered him now. Let’s give him more time. He won’t be able to stay away from you for so long. He loves you that much, and you know it.”

“I hope so.”

Chunji then wrapped his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders, lending her some strength to face the problem. Jiyeon rested her head on Chunji’s shoulder. She’s too tired because of too much crying since morning. Now she just has to be grateful to have a friend like Chunji.

“Thanks Chunji.”

“It’s nothing Jiyeon. I love you like you’re my own sister, my mother, my grandmother, and even my great grandmother.” Chunji joked, and Jiyeon finally chuckled.

“Do I look that old?” Jiyeon asked.

“For now, yes. So please stop crying because you look like a granny when you cried. Look at those wrinkles on your forehead noooooo.” Chunji teased.

“You liar!” Jiyeon slapped Chunji’s hand, pouting.

“You’re too special for me. All I wanna do is making sure you’ll be happy.”

Chunji managed to make Jiyeon laughed again and forget the pain for a while. Jiyeon ended spending the whole day there watching Chunji continue his writings. While writing Chunji even serenaded to a soft song, and his romantic voice caused Jiyeon to fell asleep on the couch.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

That weekend Jiyeon and Chunji visited Sehun’s café. It has been a few days since they lost contact on Sehun. They went to his apartment but he wasn’t there so they ended up in the café. They haven’t told the others yet about the problem and tried to solve it by themselves for now. Both of the approached the counter where Jinwoon is seen waving happily. Jiyeon only smiled bitterly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter