[C H A P T E R T H I R T Y T H R E E]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

 

[C H A P T E R T H I R T Y T H R E E]

 

Today, 5th day of February, I’ve realized something. I am an unworthy stubborn person. Hi, I am Byun Baekhyun and I make things complicated. I made my life dull instead of a paradise. Life gave me such choices but because I’m stupid, I chose to be sad. I got everything I wanted yet I still look on to something. I’m still not contented. And he gave up on me which is likely to happen anyway. I’m just curious. Of all the things I did, what made him give up? I don’t want him to give up. I don’t want us to end. I love him. I love him more than life.

“Byun? What’s bothering you this time? And don’t bother to lie because your face says it all.”

They’d sacrificed lunch to do their assignments so they could chill out later. No, they didn’t planned anything. Some unexpected event might happen, they’re just preparing theirselves.

“Chanyeol became distant at me. I wonder why— No I actually know why but I want the specific one. I want to talk to him. I want to end all this s but because my ego is higher than everything, I won’t.”

“This activity is complicated.”

“How complicated is it?” Kai puts down his pen and looks at Baekhyun, ready to discuss how complicated the activity is.

“I understand the question. I perfectly know what to do but I just can’t.”

“Why?”

“What if I got it wrong? What if I ruined everything… again?” Baekhyun seems like talking about something else and Kai knew it from the start.

“We have books Byun. You’re free to look back and study the problem again. Nothing’s stopping you from evoking the past but you. It’s not complicated as you think it is. In fact, it isn’t. You are. It is you who is complicated.” Kai deeply said while glaring at his friend intensely.

“I like the way you read between the lines…”

“I’m likeable.” Baekhyun let out an “eew” sound, pretending to disagree but he’s not serious anyway.

“You got the almighty Kyungsoo, I can’t disagree. He even made a surprise for you.”

Kai sighed. Everything could have been fine now if Baekhyun isn’t stupid but he is so they still need to suffer a little bit long.

“Byun… In a relationship, you’re not alone. You have someone with you. Don’t take all these problems with you even if it is your problem. He’s your other half, let him do his part. And, voice it all out. You should tell him what’s up. Lastly, you should exert an effort too if you really want to make it work.”

Kai knows why but refuses to inform Baekhyun. They should know how to fix their own problems. Ever since that night, Chanyeol kind of lose hope. Lose hope to Baekhyun. Lose hope to their relationship. Lose hope in his self. Well, kind of. Chanyeol didn’t stop. He’s resting. His heart keeps on breaking and if he still continues, he might die. His heart might die. What heart would he give Baekhyun? A lifeless one? No. Someone’s heart? No! He needs his heart to be healed. Baekhyun can do that but he can break it too, a paradox.

Baekhyun stops talking and let his mind digest what Kai had said. Easier said than done, they said and Baekhyun agrees.

“Kai, something had changed. I know. He showers me with love back then… I’m aware that he’s proving his self to me but now… it changed. Not that I’m complaining because he used to be cold but… I’m just curious…”

“And what would you do once you know why?”

“I’ll fix it.”

Kai laughs.

“You’ll fix it. Okay, okay. Knowing you, you’ll just sulk in the corner and cry. You’ll just wait Chanyeol to do the first move. That’s what you’ll do.”

“Kai this time, I’ll fix it. Trust me on this.”

“Baek, trust me. You’ll not.”

“You’re supposed to encourage me…”

“No. I’m supposed to feed you with reality.”

“But, Valentine’s Day is coming. You might want to do something special.” He added.

“What special thing would you do for Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked out of curiosity. No he’s not planning to get an idea from it.

“Take him on a date?”

“You call that special?”

“Kyungsoo himself is special. Every moments spend with him is special.”

“Oh.”

“It doesn’t need to be expensive. It doesn’t need to be perfect. It just needs two hearts being one, two hearts being special when together.”

“I still don’t know what should I do… No. I know what to do and I’m starting it now. Byeee! Lucky to have you~”

 

Baekhyun used the remaining days to make a gift for Chanyeol. Chanyeol is appreciative; at least that’s what he knows. So, part of him is positive that Chanyeol would like or maybe even love his gift.

Every day after class, he would immediately go home and will continue what he’s doing. He would lock his self in his room and will just eat when he knows that Chanyeol is asleep already.

Today is just like the other day. It is midnight already but Baekhyun’s about to eat dinner. He opened his door and went down to the dining table.

“ing hungry.”

“Baek, I’ve been eyeing you since day one and I had reached my limits.”

“.”

“Turn around.” Chanyeol commanded and so he obeyed. Baekhyun slowly turned around with bread on his mouth and was instantly scared to meet Chanyeol’s deep glare. He last felt this when Chanyeol give him a cold treatment.

Chanyeol take away the bread out of Baekhyun’s mouth and put it back to its place.

“I just want to clear some things here, Park Baekhyun.” Baekhyun gulped and looks up on Chanyeol.

“I’ve been acting blind these days and now I want to end it.”

“I don’t want you to eat dinner at midnight. Baek, I know that you’re stupid but I didn’t know that you’re this stupid. That would be bad not only for you but also for our baby.”

“Next, I want you to eat the proper foods, Baek.”

“Stop doing what’s keeping you from sleeping. Stop sleeping late!”

Chanyeol seriously lectures while holding Baekhyun’s waist to keep them close together.

There are more to say. There are more to explain. There are more to confess. But, Chanyeol doesn’t have the guts, the courage to speak.

“This would be the last time, Baek. You know me. Good night.” Chanyeol kisses his husband’s lips and take his leave.

Baekhyun on the other hand was too shocked to move. He can’t help it but feel happy. Who wouldn’t be? Butterflies on his stomach are flying. His cheeks are burning. His world is flipping. Chanyeol made him stop functioning.

The way Chanyeol said Park Baekhyun, the way he said, our baby, the way he scolded him.

 

The day had come, Baekhyun rise earlier than expected. Everything’s set but not on how to give it to Chanyeol without doing an inappropriate move. “You can do this Baek. You just have to greet him and give the gift and run. Basic.”

Baekhyun started preparing his self, physically and emotionally.

“BAEKHYUN IT’S YOUR HUSBAND WE’RE TALKING ABOUT. STOP NERVOUS!”

“Baek? What’s going on?”

“NOTHING YEOL, GOOD MORNING! I love you…”

“Okay… Don’t skip meals Baek!” He heard Chanyeol shouted out from his room.

He let Chanyeol leave first before sorting his things out. He, again, looks in the mirror and breathes in and out before leaving their house.

It was planned to meet at their famous table at the cafeteria and so Chanyeol made his way to it.

He asked Baekhyun to go with him a while ago but the latter refused the invitation. Although it is expected, Chanyeol still hopes that maybe he would say yes.

Like the day he was about to ask Baekhyun for them to be official. He hopes that maybe he would say yes. But, Baekhyun is Baekhyun. Chanyeol could have told the truth that day. But part of him says to stop. Part of him gave up that day when he saw Taeyeon and Baekhyun together.

He is jealous. He knows they’re not just classmates. He knows that they’d seen each other before. He just wants Baekhyun to tell it without him asking.

Loving Baekhyun is tiring but it is worth it. He knows that he feels the same way. So he keeps on waiting because there is an assurance.

“HAPPY HEARTEU DAY PAAARK!” They all greeted and he smiled.

“Have you seen you locker? The letters are overflowing!” Chen said.

“Nope. Haven’t visited it yet. And don’t act like I’m the only one who has it.”

“I’ve read mine already. They’re all sweet and amusing. I thought I’ll see my Umin’s letter there but I didn’t.”

“Our Chanyeol here learned his lesson. I bet he wouldn’t make a surprise for Baekhyun again.” Kris kiddingly said with his arms on Chanyeol’s.

Laughter filled the table. It offended Chanyeol but what can he do? It is true anyway.

“So you don’t have anything for him?” Luhan asked.

“I don’t know?”

“So you haven’t.”

All of the couples have planned of what they would do today except for the married ones.

“Where’s Baekhyun anyway?” Kai asked. He haven’t talk to his best friend for a while because it seems like Baekhyun is too busy over something and he knows that it is for Chanyeol.

“Have you talked to him already?” Suho asked with concern.

“About what happened? No. Let it be. He didn’t have to know. But, we’re good, I think.” Chanyeol casually answered. That would be plain if he discusses what would he really do that day.

I would ask you to be mine but then we’re both stupid...

“Yeah. Just imagine what would happen after telling the truth. That would be awkward. Chanyeol would be forced to ask him on the spot in a very awkward situation.” Tao said and they all agreed. There is still next time anyway so it’s not a problem. His friends are still willing to help without anything in return.

“So…”

“Because we’re good friends, we’ll accompany you for this whole day before having our dates. Remember our birthdays Chanyeol. We’ve been good to you.” Chen said.

“How about Baekhyun?”

“Hi guys.”

“Baekhyun really knows when to make his appearance.” Tao said.

“Okaythiswouldbequick.”

“I’mnotdoingthisagain.”

“Thisissoembarassing.”

“Pleasedon’tlaughatme.”

“SLOW DOWN!” They all shouted. It’s obvious that Baekhyun is nervous and that made Chanyeol nervous too.

“Okay, okay.”

“Goodlucktome.”

“Chanyeol,HappyValentine’sDay.Haveaniceday.Thisisjustasimplegiftbutpleaseappreciateit.Bye.”

Baekhyun immediately gave the box to Chanyeol and run.

“Wow.”
“Baekhyun is sweating haaaaard a while ago.”

“That kid.”

“Open the gift Yeooool!”

They’re all curious of the gift but Chanyeol hadn’t said a thing. He’s just staring at the box with his blushing face.

“Chanyeol open it!”

“No.”

“What the hell.”

“Can you guys accompany me to Baek? I want to ugh properly thank him…” Chanyeol shyly asked.

“Remember our birthdays Park.” And they all left the table to find Baekhyun.

 

“I IT ALL UP TAEYEON!”

“I think not? Based on your story.” Taeyeon said, calming Baekhyun.

“Nooo. I ruined everything!”

“I don’t think he like it. He just stared at it without any reactions.”

“He’s just shock.”

“No…”

“You’re over thinking.”

 Baekhyun looked down. He literally looked down and he is down.

“This is why I hate making a move. This is why I don’t like making efforts. They’re just being wasted. This is why I hate loving him.”

“Baek? I have a gift for you…” Taeyeon handed him the gift and Baekhyun looked surprised.

“I know that we are over. But, my feelings can just move on that fast. Please understand… It’s not easy.”

“A keychain…”

“Yeah… It was you I remembered when I saw that. Whenever something’s making you sad, just look at the happy keychain and smile.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Baekhyun.”

Taeyeon stares at Baekhyun and the latter stared back. It was unclear how but it happened. Under the windy weather at the school’s garden, they had their first kiss.

Baekhyun was the one initiating the kiss. He’s doing what he had learned from Chanyeol.The kiss lasted for a minute and they were both shocked. Baekhyun was the one who break it the moment he opened his eyes.

“I was carried away, I’m sorry. It didn’t mean anything.”

“I know. But hey, we just had our first kiss.” Taeyeon said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“This is wrong, Tae. We shouldn’t have done that. I’m married. I love him.”

“Baekhyun, this gift wouldn’t be wasted. You know what we are wasting? It’s us. The way you kissed her, does it feel the same when you kiss me? I love you too, Baek. You know that… But, Ms. Kim Taeyeon, may I borrow my husband first? I don’t want to ruin your date but he owes me an explanation. I won’t take no as an answer.”