[C H A P T E R S I X T H T E E N]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

 [C H A P T E R S I X T H T E E N]

Music started playing again and so the bodies started to move. Wasting no time for the competition and putting their whole souls just for it. They are doing the same moves repeatedly, ditching free times and the bonding time with their friends, ignoring the suspicious looks on them trying to hide the reason, surprise.

“Byun, let’s do this step again okay? You’re doing it wrong.” Kai said with a stern but soft voice.

They went to practice after lunch and at this moment Kai is trying to calm his self because Baekhyun is being a pain in the . He is dancing lamely and doing the wrong moves.

Baekhyun pinched his nose, being annoyed but managed to give Kai a nod. He went back to their last position while Kai started to play the music again. They’ve been practicing for almost two and a half hours since their teacher after lunch is having a meeting.

Baekhyun don’t know why but he currently hates the world right now. He hates the taste of the food, the music that they’re dancing, the steps, everything but he is not minding it because he needs to focus but he failed. He also feels the irritated Kai at this moment but again, he doesn’t think about it.

“BYUN!” Baekhyun came back to reality after Kai shouted his name. He’s been standing and day dreaming for the last minutes and now he saw Kai looking very pissed.

“Please focus. Tomorrow is the day of the competition and we need to have a general practice! But you’re mind and body is not here even though you’re here!” Kai said with a mad tone; he’s not raising his voice though.

Baekhyun looked away; the guilt is running in all over his body. Tomorrow is the competition but he is not doing it right. He knows that Kai wants to win this but it looks like they will lose because of him.

“WHY ARE YOU CRYING?” Kai asked panicking. He thinks that it’s his fault because he shouted at his friend and for not thinking of what Baekhyun’s currently condition right now. He might be sick or not feeling well.

Baekhyun did not stop crying, he cried harder. He sat on the floor and covered his face using his both hands.

“Hey, hey… It’s okay… I’m just being so bossy…”

“Please stop crying…”

Kai being Kai doesn’t know what to do. His comforting words don’t work. His hugs and back patting didn’t too.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to shout at you…”

“Please Byun stop crying… I’m so sorry…”

Kai’s apologies didn’t work either, it only made Baekhyun cried harder.

Baekhyun is feeling guiltier too. He knows he’s the one who’s wrong here but Kai is saying sorry to him. He knows that it is not okay but Kai said that it is.

“Why are you crying? Please tell me…” Kai said with a soft voice not stopping to rub Baekhyun’s back.

“I disappointed you… I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry…”

Kai looked at Baekhyun whose face is already red because of crying. He sighed and went to the audio player to stop the music then he went back to the crying Baekhyun.

“It’s okay. You’re forgiven and no you didn’t disappoint me okay?” Kai said. Still, Baekhyun didn’t stop crying.

“I need to bring you to Kyungie…”

He guided Baekhyun to stand up and wiped the boy’s tears. He grabbed his arms and left the practice room.

Kai is walking to the Cafeteria because he knows that they are still there. Baekhyun is walking while his heads down and still crying.

When they finally made it, he saw their friends playing some kind of game and when they feel their presence they stopped and looked at Baekhyun.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?”

“Why is he crying?”

Too much questions with the same format but differently delivered. Kai doesn’t know what to do because partly it his fault but Baekhyun had too.

Kai ignored the questions and sat beside Kyungsoo. He placed Baekhyun at the middle of them. Kyungsoo faced Baekhyun who is still crying while covering his face.

“Kyungie, please make him calm… Make him stop crying. I really don’t know what to do…” Kai said at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gave Kai a strange look but nodded after a few seconds.

“What happened?” Kai felt his body shaken a bit. Chanyeol asked him what happened with a cold tone. What should he do? What should he answer?

‘I shouted at him.’ wouldn’t do.

Dara is not eating with them right now. Reason? Dara is absent for two days already. They don’t know why but honestly they didn’t care too. With or without her in the table nothing will change. They don’t hate the girl but they don’t like them too.

“I..aah…Baekhyun…cried…”

“Spill it.” Kai felt more nervous. How would he spill it without Chanyeol getting angry at him?

“I kinda lose my patience and shouted at him…” Kai said with his head down.

“You what?” Chanyeol asked again.

“You already heard it Chanyeol. Don’t make my boyfriend repeat what he just said.” Kyungsoo said with an irritated tone.

The lively atmosphere changed to a very tense one. Chanyeol looked at Kai with a mad face while Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol with a pissed off face.

“The spaghetti today is so delicious right Suho Hyung?” Chen said, breaking the ice.

“Y-yeah. I should buy again later.” Suho said, riding what Chen said.

“Baek, stop crying… Nini didn’t mean to shout at you…” Kyungsoo said, comforting Baekhyun.

Chanyeol flinched at what Kyungsoo said but no one mind him because they’re attention is on Baekhyun.

“I-I d-disappointed you b-boyfriend S-Soo… It’s not his fault… ” Baekhyun said, still crying.

“You didn’t disappoint me. I’m just being an .” Kai said once again.

“Okay… How ‘bout you stop crying and I will buy you the food that you want?” Kyungsoo offered to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s mood changed that fast. He wiped out his tears and looked at Kyungsoo with excitement in his eyes. Kyungsoo’s shocked at the sudden changed but put the thoughts away.

“R-really?” Baekhyun asked happily.

“Yes, Baekhyun Yes.” Kyungsoo said.

“Now he’s happy? He’s crying hard a while ago!” One of them said being shocked slightly confuse to Baekhyun.

“Just be happy that he stopped crying.” Suho said.

“I want chocolates, candies, mallows, ice cream, cake---”

“Baek, that’s a little bit many and all of them are so sweets it may make your teeth ache.” Kyungsoo said, cutting what Baekhyun is saying.

“SO, YOU’RE JUST PLAYING WITH ME? YOU THINK I’M STUPID? YOU JUST TELL THAT TO MAKE ME STOP CRYING, RIGHT? I KNOW IT! I SHOULDN’T HAVE STOPPED CRYING! I JUST WANTED SOME SWEETS! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK? HUH?” Baekhyun said, definitely a high pitched voice with a mad tone.

They all look at Baekhyun with horror being confused at what they are seeing right now. Baekhyun is crying then acted like a child and now he is mad---very [very] mad.

“I give up. Please put him away from me as long as I still have patience.” Kyungsoo said with an irritated tone. He tried. At least he tried.

“NOW YOU’RE SHOVING ME AWAY! A WHILE AGO YOU’RE BEING AN ANGEL TO ME AND NOW---”

“Come one Byun let’s buy all the foods that you want but put some limitations okay?” Kai said and gestured Baekhyun to the counter.

“What’s wrong with him? He is acting so weird. He is getting weirder as time pass by.” Lay said confusedly.

Everyone nodded as an agreement. They looked at Kai and Baekhyun. Kai is trying to make Baekhyun calm while Baekhyun is stomping his feet.

“Byun, you could only buy 3 foods. Choose wisely.” Kai said.

Baekhyun looked so serious in deciding what to buy so Kai didn’t bother him.

“Kai, Ice cream or cake?” Baekhyun asked.

“You can have them both.” Baekhyun nodded.

All in all, Baekhyun chose Ice cream, cake and a chocolate milk drink. They went back to the table with happiness written in Baekhyun’s face.

They all looked at Baekhyun but he doesn’t notice them, too busy eating.

Baekhyun is eating happily and they could only nod and said ‘Yup. He is being weirder as time pass by.’

++++++++++++++++++++

School’s over but the students is still not going home. They are preparing for tomorrow’s event and that includes Kai and Baekhyun.

The event tomorrow is not about dance competition only; it includes some theatre show, singing contest, cooking contest and many more.

Kai and Baekhyun are back on the Dance Practice room. Kai started the music and positioned their selves.

But nothing changed at all, Baekhyun is still dancing so lame and it looks like he’s mind is absent at the moment.

“Kai, I’m sorry promise I will do my very [very] best tomorrow. Let’s practice all day until the time ends. I just don’t feel good today…”

Kai sighed but agreed. There’s no point of practicing if his partner is not feeling well, it might worsen the situation so he agreed.  

++++++++++++++++++++