[C H A P T E R N I N E]

Being a Park

____________________________________________________

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R N I N E]

“She’s Dara, Chanyeol’s girlfriend before you.”

Maybe that’s why he’s happy being with her.  I looked at them; Chanyeol is smiling so bright while Dara is just saying something. How important is that that makes Chanyeol smile? No. I am not jealous. I am curious. 

What is the thing that she have that I don’t have? Why Chanyeol does looks like he’s in love? Oh. He is in love. He is still in love with her. The thing that she has that I don’t? She has Chanyeol’s heart while I don’t.

“Realization strikes you?” Yes. And it really hurt me.   

We walked back to the Canteen and saw Kyungsoo patiently waiting for us. 

“Coming back after ditching me? What a very nice boyfriend.” Kyungsoo said with full of sarcasm.

“I showed him the ChanDara couple.” Kyungsoo made an ‘Oh’ sound and what?

“C-Chandara you say?” I asked. Are they a couple already? No. Please. Today’s too much already.

“It’s just an expression. Calm down.” Kyungsoo said that made me breathe again.

“So…” Kai started.

“They were a couple before you two got married. They’ve been together for two years and two months I think? They have the not-so-long distance relationship because they are studying in different schools.” Two years and months are considered as a serious relationship… for me. They really love each other and I really want to blame myself for breaking them apart.

Kai stopped talking and looked to Kyungsoo signaling him to continue the story.

“Well, I don’t really know that much since I don’t care about them. Back then, Chanyeol always told us how pretty Dara is, how perfect Dara is and such. He also never forgets to tell us how much he loves Dara. He is very happy when Dara agreed to court her but he looks like the happiest person when Dara say yes to him. They just look like the normal couples out there nothing’s new. You just know that they are a couple but could not feel it. Well, for me. But, I agree that they really do love each other. That’s it.” Kyungsoo ended the story and it I think it ended my life too.

He was never mine at the first place. We’re just together because of the agreement that our Grandparents do.

How cruel I am for not saying that we should not get married because Chanyeol have a girlfriend? I love him so much that when they told it to us I could never push the chance.

I took away Chanyeol’s happiness, Dara’s happiness and their relationship. But, why do Chanyeol does not do anything when they announced it?

“I’m not finished yet.” I came back to my senses when Kyungsoo started talking.

“Do want to know the best part?” No.

“Y-yes.” I hesitantly answered.

“They don’t have that official break up. Yes. You two are married but they are not broken apart.”

He’s not really my property after all. 

Break time is over and we head back to our room.

Maybe ditching class is better than seeing them happy together. Chanyeol’s group members except the KaiSoo couple looks like confused. They looked at me like searching for an answer but I’d decided to ignore them.

What will I do now? Where to place myself?

Maybe I’ll just distance myself from them or maybe not.

-----------------------------------------

School’s over and I’m now in our house waiting for Chanyeol to go home.

I’ve finished all our assignment and after that I clean the house we have no maid. They said that we should live independently. I also cooked something for dinner hoping that we’ll be eating together later.

Now, I am in my room reading something and when I heard our front door opened I immediately went downstairs. He’s already here!

“Chanyeol-ah, I cooked something let’s eat together!” I happily told him.

“I ate already.” No. Not again…

“With who?” Please, don’t give me an answer that will give me pain. 

“I ate with Dara.”

“Who is Dara?”

“She’s a friend.” Oh yes she’s a friend.

“Is she studying to our school?” I asked. I really don’t know if she is.

“She started.”

“I want to meet her she must be beautiful!” that make her get your heart. I said acting so happy.

“Not now and yes. She is so beautiful.” Ouch. He left and went to his room while I’m left dying.

---------------------------------------

“H-hello?”

[Byun! I mean Park—Baek?]

“Haha. You can call me Byun.

[So, why did you call?]

 “It’s not really big actually… I’m the problem.”

[I don’t care. Tell me what happened.]

I told him what happened while trying not to cry because remembering all those things do breaks my heart.

[It’s going to be okay. I’m not really good at advising and--]

“All I want is you to listen because I need to let this out… Thank you anyway tell Kyungsoo I said Hi.”

I ended the phone call and stared at my room’s ceiling.

Maybe I should just give up? There’s no difference anyway. We’re married but he’s not mine. We’re not and he is still not mine. 

 

------------------------------------------