[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T H R E E]

Being a Park

 

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T H R E E]

“I’ll take the responsibility. I’ll accept our baby, what makes you think that I’ll not?” Chanyeol asked confusedly asked. Part of him already knows the answer but he needs to hear it from Baekhyun.

“You treated me like . What makes you think that you’ll not?” Baekhyun asked back, not meeting Chanyeol’s gaze. His tone was enough for Chanyeol to feel guilty; bitterness, sadness, and madness were on Baekhyun’s tone.

And it hit Chanyeol, again. He is married. He is not single anymore. They’re now having a baby, a family. But, he’s still acting like he’s not tied up to someone.

He glanced at Baekhyun and that’s when he realized that he’s missing the bright smiles and sweet laugh of the boy. He desperately needs to see them again; he wants to be the reason of it, again. Not to mention the light in Baekhyun’s eyes and his angelic voice, he wishes to stare and listen to them again. He wants them back, the old times. He misses his best friend, his Baekhyun.

No one really wants this to happen anyway, Baekhyun and him being completely strangers to each other… It’s not Baekhyun’s fault, it’s no one’s fault. But he made Baekhyun feel that way. He let Baekhyun know what he feels but Baekhyun never told his thoughts to him. 

It’s no one’s fault, yes. Baekhyun just got cornered by their grandparents; Chanyeol just got hurt and their Grandparents only wants to have their last wish to be granted. But, Chanyeol expressed his feelings in a bad way and the other one suffered.

If they just talked about this… If he just put a period on things back then… If he made things right back then… this will not happen.

Realization hits him again.

He wants to make things right. He needs to end something. He wants them to be back like the way they used to be again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Minutes after, their friends came back in the room so they stopped talking about that again.

“Did you two make it?” Kris asked Chanyeol with full of concern but indicating a stern voice, he was talking about the result, If they already cleared things out…

Chanyeol just looked down and slowly shook his head while letting out a heavy sigh. Kris patted his back while giving him some words of comforts.

“Hey, I texted Auntie and told her that Baek’s pregnant and is currently at the hospital… To make it short, I told her what happened.”

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped as Sehun said his sentence. He’s not ready for this and he’s sure that Baekhyun’s not too. He suddenly had the urge to punch Sehun’s face at the moment.  

“WHO GAVE YOU A ING PERMISSION TO MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS YOU !”

“I was bored and time will come that you’ll tell it to your parents anyway.” Sehun plainly said. He really didn’t care if Chanyeol or Baekhyun will be angry, let’s just think that it’s his revenge when Baekhyun hit him with a ball real hard.  

“You’re out of your mind. Kid, did you know what you just did?” Chanyeol’s voice made the others stopped in what they are currently doing and gave them their attention.

“Yes. She’ll call you, wait for it.” Sehun teasingly said and went to Luhan who’s giving him a weird look.

“ you, Oh Sehun.”

Curiosity filled Baekhyun’s mind. Who is the girl they’re talking about? Dara? Sehun told Dara that he’s pregnant? And Chanyeol got angry because of it? It could be that, right? He thought.

“What did you do.” Luhan said with a mad tone and Sehun just laughed.

“I take my revenge. Remember when Baekhyun ‘accidentally’ hit me while we’re playing? A while ago, I called Mrs. Park and told her everything. Awesome, right?” Sehun proudly said. His boyfriend hit his back extremely hard while uttering some bad words to him; it looks like Luhan just hit a ball.

Chanyeol’s sending some death glares to Sehun, which went unnoticed when his phone rang, his mother is calling him.

“Mom?”

[“So, you got your husband pregnant.”]

“Yes… That’s right.”

[“He’s fine, right? And the Baby?”]

“Y-yes…”

[“I want to meet you both, soon.”]

“O-okay…”

The phone call had ended and so is Chanyeol. His mom was not mad, trying to be one though. He looked at Baekhyun who’s also looking at him and went near him.

“That told mom that you got a baby in your tummy, he told everything that happened and now, my parents want to meet us…” Chanyeol said as he points his finger at Sehun and gave him the finger, Sehun just laughed, making Chanyeol madder.

Beside from being not ready, he wants to tell it to them by themselves. But the oh-so-great Oh Sehun ruined the plan.

“So, what are we going to do?” Baekhyun asked, not sure if he reacted right. Like Chanyeol, he’s still not ready and now, he’s nervous to hell. But, he’s thankful that it’s not Dara that they’re talking about not so long ago.

“Are they mad?” He added. They’re still studying and it’s normal if they got mad but he’s hoping that it will not be that bad.

“No. I think they’re happy. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat? Do you need something? Do you want to pee?”

Baekhyun’s voice got stuck on his mouth because of Chanyeol’s unexpected action. He can feel the concern and sincerity in his voice and it does make him happy, he really wants to squeal right now.

“WOW! THE PARK CHANYEOL IS ACTING WEIRD TODAY, RIGHT SEHUN?” Apparently someone heard Chanyeol, Kim Jongdae the Great asked the Oh ‘My God’ Sehun, obviously wanting everyone to hear him so they would notice it too.  Chanyeol, on the other hand wants to hit Chen’s head in to Sehun’s. Everyone looked at him and he hates it.

Giggled, that’s what Baekhyun just did. Watching the scene in front of him, everyone laughing while Chanyeol is losing his patience is something to treasure. This is so unusual.

“Shut up or leave, both of you.” Chanyeol seriously said to Sehun and Chen but that didn’t make the two to stop laughing their asses off. Seconds after, both of them stopped to catch their own breaths and started to laugh again.

“So do you need something?” Chanyeol diverted his attention to Baekhyun when he realized that no one can make the two stop.

“I… I’m hungry…” Baekhyun shyly answered, it’s true. He’s really hungry. He’s drained, they played a while ago, and it’s been hours since lunch.

“What do you want to eat?” Chanyeol asked again.

“Anything…” Baekhyun’s craving for cheesecake right now but the Hospital’s cafeteria might not be selling one and he doesn’t want Chanyeol to find one… He really feels shy at this moment. Because even though he already told him that he’ll take the responsibility he feels that there is a barrier between them and in fact, they’re still not on good terms but kinda getting there.

“But… I thought a pregnant person craves for something always, weird or not… Are you like that too? Or you already passed that stage?” Chanyeol seriously but curiously asked.

Baekhyun want to smile at the moment, so Chanyeol knows about pregnancy. Chanyeol’s curious face, he wants to take a picture of it and stare to it forever.

“I honestly want cheesecake but it might not be available so---”

Chanyeol immediately ran out from the room not finishing what Baekhyun is saying.

Baekhyun regretted what he just did. He doesn’t want to be a burden but why does it feel like it is happening?  They just talked a while ago… Not sure if Chanyeol’s doing this because he pity him, or because he needs to not love to… he doesn’t want to think something bad but it keeps on bothering him… maybe because he’s pregnant. 

Chanyeol came back with a box and a drink in his hand, a cheesecake maybe while still catching his breath.

He gave it to Baekhyun and guided him in eating. Baekhyun’s just eating silently though he wants to eat them whole, hungry as but he needs to act normal. He also feels awkward at the situation... Chanyeol has the cheesecake in his hand and feeds him. He’s not comfortable but he loves it. This is what he longed for…

Kai’s just watching the two, big smile was shown on his face. They’re so cute. They’ll going to be a perfect couple if they started dating, he thought.

“They’re so cute together right?” Kyungsoo asked to his boyfriend plastering a smile on his face when he saw him watching the two.  

“So this is what Baekhyun feels every time he saw us being so sweet to each other…” Kai answered, not erasing the happiness on his face.  

“They should start dating…” He added.

“They will. One already fell and two should too.” Kyungsoo said, agreeing on what his boyfriend said.

“BaekYeol… ChanBaek?”

“I prefer both...”

They’re not the only one who’s watching the sweet scene, everyone is. And they all think that they would be a perfect couple.

“Chanyeol would be a great boyfriend to Baekhyun. Hey, Mr. Oh, the only sweet thing in you is your smile.” Luhan bitterly stated while watching them both. Sehun flinched in what his boyfriend had stated. He just thinks like that because it’s so odd for Chanyeol to act like that, he wants to say but decided not to.

“The only sweet thing in you is my heart. If it’s in my body I would be that sweet too but I gave it to you and you’re not taking caring of it… you’re hurting it.” Sehun said, half joke half meant.

Luhan on the other side doesn’t know what to react. Is he being cheesy? Or he is being honest, questions that are running in his mind.

“Then use my heart. You have it in your own right?” He stated, not knowing what he just said. His mind is really blank at the moment.

Sehun walked not that far and went to Chen, he can’t contain his feels. His boyfriend just acts so cheesy; he is the man in their relationship so he should be manly.

“Chen.”

“Why? --- WHAT THE HELL MAN! YOU SCARED THE OUT OF ME! WHAT’S WITH THE FACE?” Chen said while placing his right hand on his chest, doing the I-am-shocked reaction.

Luhan heard it and now he’s curious, is he smiling? Mad? What?

“Luhan.” He heard Sehun answered, enough to make him blush too. The tone of his boyfriend’s voice is a combination of a sweet-happy- and that asdfghjkl voice. So he decided to use his mobile phone as an excuse, so they would think that he’s just reading a story or such because he really can’t wipe out the smile on his face, he tried to bite his lower lip but that didn’t help plus the blush on his face.

Xiumin who is sitting beside Chen saw his best friend’s actions so he slightly hit Sehun’s stomach and signaled him to look at his boyfriend.

Sehun obeyed and the he saw Luhan’s red face while currently biting his lower lip with a smile that he fell for. Seconds after, Luhan covered his face and fan his self using his hand.

Although the sight of his boyfriend is really adorable, he’s still curious of why he is smiling like that. So he decided to go beside him.

“Hey…”

“SEHUN!” Luhan surprisingly said, he immediately put his phone inside his pants, not wanting Sehun to know that he’s viewing their photos. But that didn’t stop Sehun to be curious, he still wants to know why.

“What are you smiling about? Why is your face so red?” He asked curiously but not really showing it.

“It’s nothing… I’m reading a story… It’s really good… Hehe. You should read it too.”

“You underestimated me as your boyfriend; do you really think that I would buy that lie?”

“Give me your phone.” Sehun sternly said; a façade so Luhan would obey him.

Sehun’s right because Luhan hesitantly gave his phone to Sehun.

“Password?” He plainly asked.

“…”

“Password.”

“Luhan…”

“Password incorrect.”

“Really? Let me take a look of it.” Luhan ‘innocently’ said.

“Password.” Sehun sternly said.

“Sehun520.”

Sehun typed it and it’s the correct one, Sehun is his name but what does 520 means? Luhan’s phone unlocked and the album of their picture together was shown. Sehun smiled, Luhan is the only sweet thing in him.

“520… it means I love you…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

They stayed for another hour in the hospital until everyone decided to leave Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“It’s time to sleep Mr. Park.” Chanyeol teasingly said to Baekhyun. But, the ‘Mr. Park’ got Baekhyun; he instantly faced the wall of the room to hide his burning cheeks. Although he’s feeling extremely happy at the moment, he can’t help it but to feel nervous and sad that this might end soon…

Chanyeol chuckled at Baekhyun’s action, he’s sure that the boy is blushing. He kinda felt weird when he said ‘Mr. Park’ too but let it slide away.

“Sleep beside me, Mr. Park.” Baekhyun responded after composing his self.

Chanyeol obeyed, he turned off the lights and lay beside him. Minutes after, when he feels that Baekhyun’s already asleep he leaned on his face and kissed his forehead while mouthing ‘Good night.’

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++