[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E]

Fifth day of the week which is Thursday, a group is currently having lunch together. A chair that’s been available for days or weeks or probably months, but today is different, someone who’s absent for month/s finally filled up the available chair.

“I’m sorry for being absent for--- I don’t know but I think it’s been month or with s? Hahaha.” She said all of a sudden and ended with an awkward laugh.

“We really don’t mind… at all.” You decide. Take this as an example of sarcasm or not, but Luhan’s tone was really sarcastic.

“Really?” Dara, who is currently sitting beside Chanyeol happily asked. Luhan just rolled his eyes as an answer.

This day is really unusual for them or maybe for other students in the cafeteria too. Their table is surprisingly quiet or no inappropriate topics/ words were being talk about. Just some school stuffs.

Tao and Luhan, who’s being grumpy for no exact reason at all or the reason is already obvious to mention. She’s absent for no one cares of how many days and will suddenly show up without giving a notice, does this feed your curiosity of why are they being bad tempered?

Chen who is surprisingly mute at the moment and Xiumin, trying to make his best friend, Luhan calm down.

Kris is no speaking but the curves in his brows explains it all, curious? Mad? Confuse? Lay who just diverted his attention in composing some new songs.

Sehun, who is secretly sending glares to Xiumin for taking his role just decided to play something in his phone. Although he tried to change the color of the atmosphere, Suho failed.

Kyungsoo sent some words to Kai using his phone, ‘What’s happening?’ ‘Is Baekhyun okay? Why do you keep looking at him with a sad expression?’ But Kai only looked at him with a cheerless face too.

Kai is worried. It might affect the baby. Stress is a no, no, no if you’re pregnant, Dr. Kang told so. And by just looking at the pregnant male, he knows it already. Baekhyun is trying his best not to cry or be hurt.

Chanyeol’s voice together with Dara was the one who’s filling the silence in the air. Dara will ask some not-so-important questions about what happened while she’s gone and Chanyeol will just answer it using short sentence as short as he can.

Dara couldn’t sense that’s something is not right because this is just normal for her. When they eat together with her, this is everyone’s mood always. That’s how numb she is.

Baekhyun is the one who’s the most affected by her presence. Tried to eat but his tummy and baby refuse to accept the food that he eats. He’ll look at Chanyeol every minute or seconds to be specific just to see his expression. But, he is not a mind reader.

Dara came late; she just appeared out of nowhere when lunch time comes. That’s when the group’s mood suddenly changed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Baekhyun’s not on the mood to listen to what their teacher says. This is the last subject--- Physical Education. And the person in the front is currently saying about something, that he didn’t care.

“That’s all for today. Class dismissed.” All he can understand clearly.

“Hey Byun, want to have a bubble tea nearby?” Kai offered, doing his responsibility as a best friend.

“Sure. Take Kyungsoo with us. Don’t want him to feel jealous.” Baekhyun replied with a gloomy tone and expression. Kai just sighed and nodded.

 

“Kyungie~  Let’s have bubble tea with Baekhyun.” Kai didn’t asked his boyfriend, it seems like he commanded him but using a good way.

“A bubble tea it is then.” Kyungsoo answered. He understands why they need to go there. Baekhyun needs to chill. But, hit two birds with one stone. It could be their date too.

“Byun, are you done? Let’s go.”

Baekhyun take a last look to Chanyeol before leaving. Chanyeol’s currently teaching the Dara the lessons that she missed.

‘She could do that to herself. She’s smart.’
‘What’s with her that I didn’t have?’

Yup. Someone’s being moody.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

A scent of something sweet greeted the three when they entered the shop. It’s just a walking distance but Kai insisted to ride a cab so his Kyungsoo wouldn’t be tired and also Baekhyun.

“Kyung~ Find a place and I’ll be the one who’ll order. Take Baekhyun with you.” Kai stated but that’s what Kyungsoo’s gonna do anyway.

“Mint chocolate for Baekhyun and Taro for this little boy right?” Kai jokingly asked the two people in front of him. Baekhyun nodded while Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and gave Kai a little punch on his stomach that made Kai chuckled and pinch his boyfriend’s cheek.

Kyungsoo’s loving his boyfriend’s’ actions but not the attention so, he immediately grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and walked with heads down to find a table, that he soon did.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked though he didn’t know why. Maybe it’s just so obvious or the fact that when you love someone you didn’t want him to be with someone else.  

“Yes. So, how are you and Jongin?” Jongin, Baekhyun called Kai as Jongin but Kyungsoo didn’t make it a big deal because it’s just too irrelevant.

“We’re doing fine or possibly more than that. Even though he spends his time almost with you, we’re both okay.” Kyungsoo’s not hinting a jealousy or madness. He’s giving a clue to Baekhyun that he wants to know the reason.

“Haha… good. Stay strong Kaisoo~” Baekhyun awkwardly said. He doesn’t want to talk about this today, he’s not ready. He only told Kai that he is pregnant so someone could help him when something happens.

Kai came in their table not too long ago when the awkward scene happened but stops when he saw Kyungsoo showing something from his phone and Baekhyun who is giving his boyfriend a light slaps in his shoulder while giggling. Kyungsoo’s just laughing but his face is getting redder every time Baekhyun hit his shoulder.

Kai smiled at the scene that he’s currently watching. They would be great friends, both feminine he thought. He already knows what Kyungsoo is showing from his phone by just looking at Baekhyun’s reactions, their pictures together.

“Should I leave now so the both of you could have a bonding time together?” He asked that made the two stopped and noticed his existence.

“That’s a good idea!” Baekhyun cheerfully said. Kyungsoo wants to face palm at the moment, how could Baekhyun be so numb… or dumb..?

They talked about some nonsense stuffs while waiting for their orders. It took fifteen minutes when a girl in her working uniform came with their orders. She placed the foods and drinks on the table and made her exit.

“I know that this is not the right time to open this topic but Dara’s back… Ahm… Baek, you’re doing good right?” Kyungsoo, again cornered Baekhyun.

Questions that shouldn’t be ask anymore. It’s kinda obvious that he’s not.

“I am… She’s nothing to do with me.” He confidently answered.

“But why are you two always together? I’m your closest friend beside this boy and you; I’m your boyfriend so maybe I have the rights to know?” Kyungsoo asked. He will often do this until they tell him why.

“Kyungie~ let’s not talk about this today… When the right time comes---”

“You’re not having an affair behind my back right?”

Kai choked on his drink and Baekhyun immediately respond with his hands shaking --- mark that they’re not.

“I know it’s inevitable for you think that but, NO.” Baekhyun seriously and reassuringly said.

“Just clearing something… I’ll wait. But if you two took too long to tell me the reason … I’ll take my move, okay?” Kyungsoo said, a little bit serious but the laughing tone is dominant.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

[Was planning to cut this part and made another chapter, but naah. You all deserve this for waiting too long.]

Baekhyun came to their house and saw Chanyeol continuously changing the channels on their television. He lowered down his body and started to walk towards the stairs, so he wouldn’t disturb Chanyeol from watching.

“Where did you go after class?” Chanyeol plainly asked. Baekhyun stops walking and faced Chanyeol. No hint of madness was heard but gladness was absent too.

“I went to the bubble tea shop nearby with Kai and Kyungsoo…”

“Why didn’t you inform me?” Baekhyun’s heart beat suddenly beats fast, being scared of Chanyeol’s tone.

“I--- think… you didn’t need to know?” Baekhyun unsurely answered. One part of him tells that Chanyeol needs to know because he is his husband but the half of him answered that.

Chanyeol gave him an odd look and then turned his attention to the television. Baekhyun take that as a sign that their conversation had ended so he went to his room.

++++++++++++++++++++++

“Baby, you’re father was scary as hell. Could you feel my heart beat a while ago too? That’s simple question made my heart beat like that. I hope you that you’ll be cheerful and not like your father--- cold.” Baekhyun muttered to his self or to his baby while placing his school bag to his desk.

He sat down on his bed and recalls everything that happened this day. So, Dara happened, Chanyeol happened. This day was nothing but normal but why does it act like it doesn’t?

He changed his uniforms into pajamas; he made his school works and some things. Chanyeol asked him to eat but he said no since he is not hungry. Besides eating while facing a cold person is just too much to handle for him.

“Baby~ your father’s really cold… I wonder if he’ll accept you… I know Chanyeol back then, he have a soft heart. I should just find that soft spot in him but I’m tired finding it, it will just come right? Hope so…” Baekhyun said while laying down to his bed getting ready to sleep but do this hobby before closing his eyes.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday ended and Friday came. An alarming sound stopped Baekhyun from dreaming; he pushed the button in the clock to make it stop and lazily stood up.

He made some few stretches, looked in his stomach and smiled. It’s enough to make his day complete.

“Good morning Baby~ I should give you a name soon but I want Chanyeol decide with me too… Are you hungry? Your mom is... this is weird.” The first sentence he said when he woke up.

He wasted no time, went to the bath room to take a bath and then fixed his self and his things.

He used to wear plain white shirt underneath his uniform back then but when he got pregnant he stopped doing it thinking that his baby might uncomfortable and have a hard time in breathing.

He walked downstairs and made his way to their dining room. An appealing breakfast foods meet him and Chanyeol who is silently eating. He slowly sat down.

He looked at the food in front of him. Can’t decide what to eat since Chanyeol cooked a little bit many but enough for them so he just get all the foods left by his husband. He needs a food for two.

“You’re a pig.” Chanyeol stated.

“’Em not, if I am--- I don’t care.” Baekhyun said as he is busy finishing his food.

Chanyeol left first and leave Baekhyun in their dining room. Baekhyun didn’t care at the moment though. He is hungry. The baby is hungry. There’s food in their table.

++++++++++++++++++++++

He ate a little bit many for one person but he didn’t feel like he just did. He feels normal and what happened yesterday was forgotten already. Why stress his self? It will just affect the baby and his mood.

“Now you’re really fine.” Kai greeted him. A simple ‘good morning’ is not used by them or is unusual for them to use.

“You should be affected by my mood~” Baekhyun jokingly said. Kyungsoo came and noticed the mood of Baekhyun too. He just smiled and greeted his boyfriend, not planning or thinking to ruin the mood.

 

First, Second and third period had past. Lunch had ended. Fourth and so on period had come and now, their last period--- Physical Education is having the spotlight.

“So I was saying that’s the week’s P.E is Volleyball. I already told you that yesterday; you already have your groups. Please go to your corresponding team.” Baekhyun’s clueless. Everyone started to go to their team and he is the only who’s still sitting.

He wants to ask Kai or Kyungsoo what team he was in but they were in their own groups already. And also, he plays this sport but he is not good at it. He’s scared of the spikes and such. He wishes to not to play.

“Hey Baek, we’re in the same group~ Cool right?” Luhan cheerfully said with Tao beside him. He mentally sighed, being thankful that he knows someone or more than that in his group.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They went out from their room, some of them directed to the School’s covered court while the remaining ones--- including him headed to the locker room to change the school uniform into P.E uniform. Tao and Luhan were not with him since he told them to go for he will change first.

He went out from the said room and then goes to their court. He really didn’t care about this; he’s just going with the flow. Playing is not on his plan.

 

The game had started, two groups started playing. Group with Chen and Lay on it and the other group have Kris and Kai. He watches the first part of the game but got bored later on. So, he decided to take a nap since its boring.

“Yah! Wake up! Your husband is the one who’s playing~” Tao said as he shook Baekhyun’s body. The boy opens his eyes, “Chanyeol’s playing, and you should watch him. He’s kinda good at this.” His body got awake, and started to look for Chanyeol, in which he did.

Tao’s not lying. Chanyeol’s really good. The opponent’s team has Kyungsoo and Suho and its kinda not good game at all… Chanyeol’s dominating the game since he is tall and currently placed on the front while Kyungsoo on his front… Think about it, Does Kyungsoo have a chance of giving their team a score? None.

The game had ended.

His group and destiny was playing on him--- opponent’s team? They have Dara. What a nice shot.

Chanyeol sat down on the bleachers, his group, they decided to not let Baekhyun play the first set and Dara’s group, they also have Sehun started to enter the court.

Luhan don’t want to play at first too since Sehun, his boyfriend is playing too and they’re both good at this sport.

[I decided to make the game a little bit detailed, is it okay? No choice anyway. HAHA]

Sehun’s the one who’s serving, and he did. Tao received the ball and passed it to Luhan. He successfully gave the ball back to Tao and the boy spike it down near her---Dara.

Tao turned his back and made an I-almost-hit-her face. Luhan went near him and hit him while laughing. Sehun sensed the plan of Tao and could see that Luhan is joining in. They’re doing a bad thing but didn’t want to kill the fun so he’ll just ignore them both.

Dara didn’t receive the ball; a score was given to Luhan and Tao’s group.

Tao again tried doing his plan but when he did hit the ball really hard in to Dara’s place, Sehun received the ball, made a set with his team mate and the ball dropped in to Luhan’s.

The boy just staring blankly at nowhere didn’t realize that the ball is falling in his place. He is sure to his self that Sehun knows their plan… But why did he get the ball? He should just ignore it… Luhan furrows his brows but the game continues.

Their team got a score and it finally, Luhan’s awaited moment. He’s the one who’ll serve the ball.

The referee blew his whistle and an evil smirk came out from his lips that didn’t go unnoticed by his boyfriend. Sehun started to release a cold sweat--- scared.

Luhan threw the ball in the air, and then spike it down real hard in to Dara’s face.

What happened next? Dara lost her consciousness. And next? Chanyeol immediately ran towards Dara, lifter her and made his way to the bleachers.

Tao went to Luhan and they did the ‘secretly celebrating’ move. Sehun walked to them, lectured Luhan. His boyfriend doesn’t care. He succeeded, that he cares.

Luhan also doesn’t care when the referee gave him a his-too-happy-to-see-the-color of the card but he thinks it means that he should leave the court.

Baekhyun saw it all. He doesn’t know if he should blame someone, feel happy for Dara is now unconscious or be jealous.

He continues to stare at the two. Chanyeol placed Dara’s head on his thigh and gave him some air using his hands. He’s also cleaning Dara’s bleeding nose and sweats.

He started to become teary but it stopped when a girl showed up to his front telling him that he should play.

“Baekhyun oppa, you’ll play in the next set…” The girl said some things after that but that all he heard.

‘But I’m pregnant… Something bad might happen to my baby…’

Nonetheless, he still stood up, make his self ready and enter the court with the girl leading the way.

“YOHO! BAEKHYUN, GO! GO! GO! YOU SHOULD HIT THE BOY WEARING YELLOW SHOES REAL HARD, OKAY? YOU GOT MY BACK!” Luhan shouted from a far. Baekhyun looked for the boy with yellow shoes and then he saw Sehun smirking while looking at Luhan.

He smile because they look so cute, he’ll not do what Luhan shouted anyway.

The game had started; Baekhyun’s not really the game wrecker since he could accept the ball that’s being given to him and when he can’t, he gave signals to his team mates that they should get the ball for him.

He’s also being super extra duper careful since a baby’s in his tummy. He doesn’t want to end like Dara.

“GO BYUN~~~ A SUPPORT FROM KAISOO~” He smiled really big when he heard the KaiSoo couple shouting the sentence repeatedly.

After a pass and catch scene, Baekhyun’s time to serve came. Luhan shouted the words that he said a while ago again. He changed his mind. He wants to give it a try. Although Luhan, made a way for him to be jealous he wants to repay him.

He tossed the ball in the air, aims his hands at Sehun, and closes his eyes as he hit the ball as hard as he can. He felt the slight pain in his hand as the ball hit back.

…….

…….

“WOAH~~~! I’LL TREAT YOU LATER, BAEKHYUN!”

That’s when he opened his eyes. He saw Sehun sitting on the ground while his hands on his cheek. He suddenly felt guilty.

Sehun stood up after that and looked at him. He mouthed ‘sorry’ and Sehun just smiled back and smirked to his boyfriend. He thinks Luhan saw it because he yelled something but went unclear.

The game go on, Baekhyun gave his focus in the game while protecting his tummy.

“Byun, you should rest…” Kai went to him and told him that when they had the time out.

“The end is near… Nothing bad will happen anyway.” Baekhyun self-assuredly said.

He went back on the court when the time out had ended. His uneasiness feeling a while ago disappeared as he stays in the court.

He takes a look in the place where Dara and Chanyeol is. Dara just got her consciousness again. Chanyeol’s not there, maybe he went to the comfort room he thought.

He focused on the game again, doing his normal doings while being at the court, focusing on the game and take caring his baby.

He takes a look on Chanyeol’s place again to see if he’s already there. And he just saw Chanyeol giving Dara bottled water while smiling, he could see Chanyeol’s lips moving and she’s smiling back, looks like they’re having a moment there.

But the thing that should have saw but didn’t, was the ball falling real hard to him--- near his tummy, it’s too late because when he looked at it, the ball already hit him… really hard.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++