[C H A P T E R T H I R T Y F I V E]

Being a Park

UNEDITED— GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

 

[C H A P T E R T H I R T Y F I V E]

 

Chanyeol thought of stopping the car at the side so that he could hug his husband tightly, plant him with kisses and shower him with I love yous. This moment is a dream comes true for Chanyeol. Never had he imagined that this day would be the day they’ll be together. He didn’t even set up a surprise, they were arguing minute ago but now, the misunderstanding existing since the beginning had been fix. Chanyeol didn’t even put an effort but dragged Baekhyun in his car.

But, Baekhyun has still something to say. Of course, he knew better. He never dreamt of being asked to be someone’s or maybe Chanyeol’s property this instant. He’s in the midst of confessing his thoughts, there is more. He doesn’t want to start a new one if there is still something in the past that needs to be fixed. This is their chance to voice out everything and he is obviously grabbing the chance. Rather than calling it a new start, Baekhyun wants to call it a fresh start.

By just looking at his glowing husband, Baekhyun suddenly wants to go with the flow and just erase the things occupying his mind in a very long time. But, Baekhyun wants to have an open relationship with Chanyeol in which nothing would be left unsaid.

Baekhyun lets out a heavy sigh he’s been holding. He took a deep breath and puts his attention on the road. He straightens up his sit and quickly glanced on Chanyeol as he starts to speak, “But, Yeol… You’re not always mine. You weren’t mine to begin with.”

Dreams, fantasies, future plans went down went Baekhyun’s starting words goes through Chanyeol’s system. He began on formulating a decent response on his husband’s statement, a response that wouldn’t worsen the things. Baekhyun on the other hand keeps on taking a quick look at the latter, trying to sense if Chanyeol had heard him.

“I heard you. I just don’t understand.”

Unlike Baekhyun, Chanyeol didn’t take a quick look on him; his husband’s attention is on the road nevertheless Chanyeol began on blurting out his honest thought. “Please Baekhyun, make me understand. You’re always giving me mix signals; I’m trying my best to settle with the things you’d show even if it’s lacking. Most of the time, your actions are misleading that it leads us to the path where we have to suffer. Place where things are being complicated when it shouldn’t be. When you say that you’re mine, I thought finally, it’s done. The storm had finally left us, I was hoping that it would leave us forever but it looks like it just made a great comeback again. I understand, this situation wouldn’t be done in just one sitting. It was flattering to be honest, you being totally honest with me. Although, I don’t understand the thing you had just said, again, please make me understand.”

After a long speech of confusion, silence began to roam inside the car. It wasn’t an awkward silent though, it is a hint that both of them are still fixing the words they need to say. No one wants to make the condition worse; they are here to end the bull not to start a new one.

“Baekhyun, I love you. If you find it hard to believe me, give me the chance to prove you. You’re afraid, I know because so am I. I’m afraid that this relationship might not work out but that would only happen if we let it. I’m certain that we are mature enough to make this strong, to make us strong. I fear of being broken once again just because of a break-up… I had already experienced it and I won’t let it happen again, to us.” Fear is written all over Chanyeol’s face but determination is the one being dominant.

“Chanyeol you know we couldn’t leave each other, right? I don’t want a broken family for our twins. But, if you want to date other girls or boys out there, I’m fine with it as long as you’ll be coming home at the end of the day. You’ll give time to our kids and maybe to me t—“

“Cut your bulls Baekhyun. I don’t like where this is going to.” Chanyeol seriously said as he looks at Baekhyun.

“I am being practical here. We should be making a deal now so it wouldn’t be hard for us if it happens!”

Chanyeol furrows his brows and tightens his grip on the wheel. He is running out of patience that he almost shout out of frustration as he talks, “Why the hell are you fixing a problem that didn’t even ing exists? We should be fixing the real issue here Baek, but here you are over thinking things. Stop it, please. I want your mind to be filled with positivity… Don’t create a problem, don’t hurt yourself, Baek. The main reason of all these pain is no one but us… This wouldn’t happen if we are vocal with our thoughts, if we didn’t over think things.”

“Let’s make this relationship filled with good memories, Baek.” Frustration was replaced by calmness as he sincerely looks at his husband.

But Baekhyun is firm. He doesn’t want a relationship from pain. He wants everything to be smooth when they entered one.

“I don’t want us to have a relationship… not now.” He said.

Frowning, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with pleading eyes. “Baek, don’t make it complicated. Please, cooperate with me… I’m honestly looking forward to this relationship, Baek.”

“Sometimes love isn’t enough… Yeol, I want us to find ourselves first before we enter this relationship. You told me that you want to be completely healed when you come back to me, then do so, I won’t stop you. I want to make this relationship be the best I’d ever had…”

“Baek, entering a relationship also means of being ready of getting hurt. Such things are inevitable, what matters are how we would react at the given challenge to us. It would either make us strong or weak. You won’t be able to find yourself anymore, Baekhyun. You’re already here, we’re both already here.”

Having an experience towards relationship made Chanyeol more open about it. It is undeniable that he had gained something significant from that painful experience.

“Chanyeol, I don’t think you’re getting what I am trying to imply.”

It is beyond understandable why Baekhyun is afraid and is being doubtful. If Baekhyun is firm then Chanyeol is determined. Determined to soften the latter’s heart and to make Baekhyun realize things.

“Trust me, I know. You don’t need to find yourself, Baek. We would help each other discover things in us. I’ll show you the best things you’ve got. I’ll help you grow, improve or be the best you could ever be. Finding yourself alone would take a lot of time. Baek, you’re forgetting that we have each other. It is called a relationship because it is a ship and we shouldn’t let each other sink.”

Chanyeol stops the car at the nearby restaurant and started on finding an available space in the parking lot.

 

Once he saw one, he carefully parks his car. He removed his seatbelt and leans on his husband who was surprised at the sudden move. They are too close to each other that they could feel each other. Chanyeol then deeply looks at Baekhyun and began to talk.

“I already found you Baek, ask me where you are and I’ll show you my heart, beating for you. We’ve already found each other. But, there are still more things in ourselves hidden and I want us to discover it together. Just ing date me, Baek. I’m not promising not to make you cry but I promise to wipe out your tears every time you’re in pain.”

When Baekhyun didn’t mutter anything, Chanyeol took the chance to kiss him deeply. The sudden kiss shocks Baekhyun and there are no time to inhale because his lips are being covered by his husband. Chanyeol’s lips dominates the latter’s lips. His tongue started to touch every part of Baekhyun’s mouth. Gladly, Baekhyun is responding, he is returning the favor.

Baekhyun clings on Chanyeol’s neck as his husband’s hand started to touch his chest. Baekhyun let out a quiet moan when Chanyeol pinched his , provoking Chanyeol to play with it more.

Baekhyun is being caught up. The sensation given by Chanyeol is suffocating him so he immediately pushed Chanyeol for air.

He fans himself because the cool air coming from the aircon isn’t stopping the sweats dripping from his neck.

“Fix your shirt Baek, it is triggering me.” Chanyeol said while looking away.

 

Baekhyun looks down and saw that his chest is showing, he wasn’t aware that Chanyeol had undressed him a while ago so he immediately buttoned them up.

“I don’t want to eat here.”

“I want you to cook for me, let’s go back home.” Baekhyun added.

Chanyeol silently obeyed, he started the engine and left the place after their make-out session.

 

They made out to their home without a disturbing argument. They just enjoyed the silence alone to theirselves. Chanyeol guided Baekhyun as he walk but then the latter looks at him with irritation.

“I can walk.”

“I’m fully aware of that but I insist.”

Baekhyun sat on the sofa while Chanyeol directed himself to the kitchen to prepare food for the both of them.

After some minutes of silence, Chanyeol started calling out for Baekhyun, not intending to shout but it comes that way.

“YOU WON’T HELP ME HERE?”

“I can’t cook.” Baekhyun plainly said. It was partially true; Baekhyun could cook but not as good as Chanyeol.

“You know the famous line from Ratatouille?”

When Chanyeol got nothing in return, he thought that Baekhyun is waiting for the answer so he started speaking.

“Anyone can cook.”

“Well, let’s just say I don’t want to cook.”

Chanyeol shrugged it off and puts his attention on cooking a dish. He thought that he should make the best of it because Baekhyun might base his decision on his cooking.

Well, man who can cook is a turn on.

 

“How was it?” Chanyeol asked, expecting a positive response.

“It was good.”

“Just good?” Chanyeol disappointedly asked again.

“Fine, it was delicious.”

“It looks like you’re just forced to say that so I wouldn’t feel bad.”

“Yeol, I don’t feel like being a judge today. But, it really filled the hungriness in me. Definitely a husband material.”

Although Baekhyun muttered the last line, it didn’t go unheard to Chanyeol. A big grin plasters on Chanyeol’s face as he cheerfully cleans the table.

“I want to wipe that grin on your face.”

“Kiss me then, I’m your husband anyway.” Chanyeol said in a teasing way that makes Baekhyun marched out from the place.

 

Night came, there isn’t really anything unusual. Being in a bed together, cuddling each other isn’t odd if you’re already married. But because, they had just gotten together, they are still slightly anxious of what they are doing.

Chanyeol almost forgot the gift given by Baekhyun, also the issue about his husband and Taeyeon.

“Baek, there is something I want to ask…” Chanyeol started.

“She’s the one I’m talking about when we were five. I was just carried away with the situation a while ago, no feelings attached. Does that answer you curiosity?”

“Definitely. I trust you more than anyone in this world.” He sincerely said. Chanyeol gets up and left Baekhyun on the bed to get the gift from his husband.

Chanyeol came back with a box on his hands, embarrassment started to rise up in Baekhyun’s system when he saw Chanyeol carrying his gift.

“I want to open this with you. You made my day, do you know that? This is not just a give but also an effort. You invested time to do this and I’m hoping that this isn’t the reason of your sleepless nights… I truly appreciate it but I’m more concern on your health. Thank you… You made me really happy…”

Chanyeol opened the box and saw assorted things inside it. There are key chains, letters, pictures and such.

“Those are the things I want to give you every time our day of the month came in but we’re not good in terms back then…”

Chanyeol puts back the box in its desired place. He isn’t sure of what to feel. A bit of regret? But happiness came over in.

He walks back to their bed and cuddles his husband again.

“So are we like couple like couple?” Chanyeol silently hopes that Baekhyun understands what he is trying to say.

“I guess we are.”

“Damn. I love you so much, Baek.” Chanyeol planted kisses on Baekhyun’s face as a way of saying goodnight before diverting themselves to sleep.

“I love you too.”

 

 

They have school the next day and they can’t miss that. They are fully aware that they have to explain things to their friends. But their relationship? Let them be the one notice it.

Chanyeol again, guided Baekhyun as he enters the car in which Baekhyun frowned about but let it pass.

They walk to the class with their hands intertwined to each other, obviously showing that they are more than a thing now.

When they entered the class and sat down together, everyone [their friends] began to give them a confused look.

“So what did we miss?” Kyungsoo asked while looking at the hands of the couple.

“We’re holding hands now~” Chanyeol cheerfully said as he claps his hands but the sarcasm can be notice in his tone.

“Took you long enough man. Congratulations. When will you hug then?” Kris said, also responding with sarcasm.

“I don’t know? Maybe now?” And then Chanyeol tightly hugs his Baekhyun.

This is not planned but both of them are enjoying the current situation and hopefully it would last. They are still new to this, if a storm came— both of them hopes that it wouldn’t break them apart.