[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S I X]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S I X]

At the other side of the place was a man crying hard. The tears he has been holding up started to fall. Baekhyun saw it all.

Baekhyun saw it all. He didn’t hear what exactly they’ve been talking about but they kissed— and what hurts more is Chanyeol insisted the kiss. Chanyeol leaned on Dara and kissed her.

Chanyeol kissed Dara.

The kiss was so passionate and true. It made him think, the kiss they had back then, a while ago… Was it really passionate?

Was it really him Chanyeol was thinking as they kiss?

“I thought we have something… He made me feel and believe it… I was so stupid to realize it earlier…”

‘You cared. I know it’s true. But I’m stupid to realize that you only cared. That’s it, nothing more nothing less.’

‘The way he kissed me in the hospital, the way he treated me back then, when we’re back home… I really thought that finally… we’ve have something special… something I want…’

Baekhyun thought as he run. Running through the hallway, he didn’t even care when he bump to some students and send him some mean words.

Because it was nothing. Not as what Chanyeol made him feel. He is already broken from the beginning he thought he was finally putting up his self again… but now, he doesn’t know.

He found an empty room, staying in the rooftop or school’s garden is not hideous. Kai or someone might find him that easy.

He sat on the corner of the room, hug his knees and there he started to break down.

He can’t be angry to Park Chanyeol. No, he actually can but he doesn’t want to. He understands Chanyeol but not his self. He doesn’t understand the fact of why he is stupid— so stupid.

Chanyeol’s attitude towards him doesn’t really change. It was him who assumed things.

“Aaah… You’re so stupid… Why did you run? There’s a baby inside your tummy… Can you stop being wrong all the time, Baek?” He said to his self as he cries…

“You’re not living in a fantasy… Not everything could be in favor by you…”

 

Silence. It’s awkward. After Chanyeol kissed Dara, he just awkwardly stands there not knowing what he should do next.

“So… What’s your plan for Baekhyun?” It takes courage for Dara to ask that but she wants to know the answer… she needs to. It might her hurt more but she’s already hurting so what’s the matter?

“I know that he loves me too… I’ve been sending him signs that I love him so I’m hoping that he’s feeling it or at least being confused…” Chanyeol answered shyly.

“Actions… they’re not enough Chanyeol…” They’re not enough… They are confusing… Because your actions towards me… I believed in them but they were all lies…

“I know. I know. I’m planning to confess soon… I just don’t know how to do it…” It’s true. Chanyeol courted Dara through text and they became an official couple through text. Wasn’t it awesome?

 

Chanyeol was scrolling in his feed back then when he’s attention was caught by this pretty girl. He didn’t hesitate and stalked this girl’s profile. He then fell in love. It didn’t take days for him to have courage to introduce his self to her. After liking all her posts he immediately started a conversation with her.

Three days after, he confessed and Dara gave her a chance— through text. After two weeks, they became an official couple— through text.

Being new to relationship, they really don’t know what to do… You wouldn’t think that they are a couple because they show their sweetness through messages. But then, Chanyeol knew and he started to be sweet in public and people knew.

“Good luck. I’ll go now… I’ll start to move on but I’ll not forget what we had… It’s my lesson and inspiration… Thank you for loving me but I guess our story ends here… Perpendicular lines… We only met but not meant to be together forever…” Dara said as she bid her good bye… Chanyeol hadn’t said anything though… There’s nothing to say anymore.

It’s still their free time so he headed to their cafeteria and saw his group of friends without Baekhyun.

“Where is Baek?” He confusedly asked. All eyes look on him, it’s obvious. They don’t know where his Baek is.

“I thought you’re eating together? Having your own time?” Luhan answered.

“No… I’ve talked to Dara and I ended what we have…” Chanyeol confessed. Their eyes fell on the floor, they didn’t expected Chanyeol to do that… well not today.

“Why? Because you already like Baekhyun? I hope he’ll give you a hard time.” Tao blurted out. Not caring if he’ll offend Chanyeol. He continued to eat while Kris is giving him some words of wisdom as if he cares.

“I’m expecting that already… But, really… Kai? Where is he?” Chanyeol said not letting his self be affected by what Tao said. He’s been a jerk and he knows it.

“I really don’t know… He’s gloomy when I met him this morning…” Kai honestly answered, it looks like he’s facing a problem since then but not planning to share it even to him.

“So Chanyeol, tell us the full story of you making a closure to Dara.” Kris was amused. He wants to know it. ‘They were so lovey dovey back then but after Baekhyun was admitted to the hospital, something changed. Maybe Chanyeol let his heart be healed by a doctor too? A doctor named, Byun Baekhyun perhaps?’

“Ahm… So… I said that I don’t love her anymore…  Not even a bit. I don’t want to hurt her anymore and I want to free ourselves in our relationship. And then I gave her a last passionate kiss and I love you since she requested for it…  She’s hurting, I know but at least she knew it already. I should be honest, right? We talked in the school’s ground.”

Their table’s filled with “Woaaah” and such. Chanyeol’s still a flirt even if he’s already making a closure to someone.

“I’m just hoping that Baekhyun doesn’t saw it because if he did, you’re dead. Park Chanyeol, you’re dead. He might misunderstand it.” Kyungsoo barge in. After observing Baekhyun’s personality because of he was so jealous back then he finally understood his personality— he is a kind of man who can stand by his own, yeah sure he’s hurt now but later on he’ll accept the reality.

Kyungsoo’s words make them think and stop eating for a while. What if Baekhyun really did saw it?

What would he do?

“I need to find him.”

But Baekhyun walks in looking normal. Normal like nothing happened, he saw nothing.

“Issues?” He smiley ask. He sat next to Chanyeol like he’s not hurt.

“Oh, our Chanyeol here had a closure to Dara… they just broke up!” Jongdae blurted out excitedly.

“Oh.” Baekhyun coldly said. It was so cold that in sent shivers through their spine.

It went dead. The atmosphere went dead.

“That’s it? ‘Oh.’ I’m expecting more Byun~” Kai teased. ‘He should be happy, Chanyeol is finally free and he can take a move.’

“It’s not like Chanyeol was still not mine even if his flirting with some out there, right Yeol?” Baekhyun bitterly sweetly asked.

Chanyeol didn’t say anything at all. The words he wants to say was stuck in his throat or maybe because Baekhyun was right. He’s just not expecting Baekhyun to say all those words.

No. He saw nothing. Nothing happened.

“Savage… Park Chanyeol, you’re dead.” Kyungsoo silently said feeling amused. He knew it. Baekhyun saw. And in his calculations, Baekhyun’s protecting his self from Chanyeol and he doesn’t see anything wrong about it.

Chanyeol deserve that ty treatment, he thought.

“Baekhyun, had you saw them talking a while ago, perhaps?” Suho asked, joining in their weird conversation.

“Probably— not.” Baekhyun started to laugh, a laugh with combination of bitterness and sadness.

It doesn’t help— at all. Baekhyun’s answer was so tricky. But what’s more tricky and confusing is his attitude at the moment… It’s so different… they couldn’t tell that it’s just one of his mood swings because it’s obviously not— or maybe not?

Something happened and they are dying to know what.

Something that made Baekhyun be like this, someone who is protecting his self on something or someone or someone full of emotions— sadness, bitterness and a bit of anger. Maybe both? They don’t know.

“Baekhyun does something happened a while ago?” Kai asked worriedly.

A façade. Kai thinks that it’s all a façade because something terrible happened and Baekhyun’s hurting.

“What would you do about it?” Baekhyun asked. Kai fell silent.

What happens happened. He could not do anything about it anymore because it left a mark already either good or bad.

“Gosh. Did you really fell for that?” Baekhyun asked while laughing his heart out.

Now they are confused.

“I’m just hitting on all of you so you’ll know the feeling of being played by someone.” He rhetorically confessed.

No one talk. They are so confused. Something’s wrong on him. Baekhyun’s giving them clues. But one thing, they all know that it has a connection with Park Chanyeol, it always has.

Even Chanyeol is thinking of what have he done. He thinks he actually did something good. He set someone free and accepts his feelings to Baekhyun; nothing can be wrong, right?

“So, how’d you felt?” Baekhyun added.

“Confused?”

“Mad.”

“Hurt?”

“Sad?”

“I’m thinking… what went wrong?”

“Exactly. Those are what I felt! Gladly, I moved on and accepted it already~.”

‘Bingo.’ Kyungsoo thought.

“Can I ask a question again?” Baekhyun asked.

“You’re already asking but… okay.” Lay answered.

“Are you mad at me or in what I did?” He curiously asked.

“We can’t be mad at you because we love you!” They said.

“EXACTLY.”

“We know that you have your reasons whether it’s good or bad, we’ll understand it. Our love for you is so strong that hate can do nothing about it. We’ll move on but sure thing, we won’t let ourselves be played by you again.” Suho wholeheartedly said. He doesn’t know what’s going on but Baekhyun’s giving them a clue of what he is feeling about what happened.

Maybe what happened doesn’t really matter anymore; it’s about the mark it left onto someone. It’s all about the mark. How deep it is and how it made someone feel and how much time would it take to heal the mark.

“This is amusing me. You all know the feeling except for someone.” And he mysteriously looks at Chanyeol.

Maybe someone needs to play the player. Maybe it would be good.